Quest For Knowledge - Cover

Quest For Knowledge

Copyright© 2007 by colt45

Chapter 12

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Dent's (Sea King) oldest children are grown up now. While in Salas with a few of his sisters, Nilsen acquires a seven foot tall giantess with a secret that can open up the mysteries of the Old Technology. Whoever has that knowledge could quite possibly rule the world, but is it worth the price?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Harem   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

"Nonsense!" Jarrah gasped. ""I will be nobody's wife, let alone that blow-hard brother of ours! Do you hear this, May? Can you believe this?" All eyes turned to Makro who, while looking a little stunned, didn't appear to be particularly disturbed or outraged.

"Jar," she said slowly. "You have always said you would be no man's servant, no one's sex toy and I don't remember anyone ever telling you that you had to. So why the vehemence? All you have to do is say no. It doesn't matter if it's Nil or someone else; it will still be up to you."

"But, but..." Jarrah stuttered. "Nil?" How could you even think about it?"

"I'm not saying I am," Makro responded with a shrug. "But I'm not terrified or repulsed by it, either. Nil and I have been attached at the hip since we were born ― not that you haven't been a part of us, Jar ― but for whatever reason Nil and I have been closer than the rest of you."

The twins nodded without a hint of jealousy while Jarrah grunted her assent.

"I can't say I've spent a whole lot of time thinking about it one way or another," Makro continued. "However I will admit I can't imagine a time when he wouldn't be around. You will have to admit as far as the sex goes, I haven't heard any complaints from his partners, other than they can't get enough. That doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me."

"You'd let him fuck you?" Jarrah sounded incredulous.

"Well, if I 'fuck' anybody I hope it will be a mutual thing," Makro laughed. "As for whether I would really do it? I don't know; I'd just have to see. All I know is the thought of having sex with Nil doesn't bother me half as much as thinking about having some other strange man climbing on top of me."

"I suppose the two of you think the same way," Jarrah said, rounding on the twins.

"Actually," Fobie answered, "we already know it will happen. In fact we can't wait. It won't be any time real soon, but soon enough that we are looking forward to it."

"I suppose he's already been pushing you for that," Jarrah snapped.

"Don't be silly, Jar," Deimie sighed. "He doesn't even know it yet, and wouldn't believe it if he was told. Our brother can be delightfully innocent about these things when he wants to be. For now he is concentrating on one woman and their child, as he should be. Soon enough it will be time for him to add more to his circle. But never fear, Jar, it will never be against their will. Never! If you do or do not go to him it will be by your choice and nobody else's."

"Well I, for one, think it's nonsense," Jarrah said, somewhat mollified.

"Then don't worry about it," Fobie continued. "It's not critical one way or another right now. We do think it's best if we concentrate on getting ready for our return home. Nil is right: It will come soon and we aren't out of danger here in Salas just yet."

"What do you mean?" Makro asked. "What kind of danger?"

"We don't know," Deimie answered with a small shake of the head. "Just that we ― the four of us and Nil ― are in some kind of danger. Nothing clearer than that, I'm afraid. We can't even tell from whence the danger arises."

"That's not very helpful," Jarrah sniffed.

"We agree," Fobie said with a shrug. "But it's the best we can do right now. If we see something clearer later on we'll tell you immediately."

"Nothing to be done about it if that's the best you've got," Makro said nodding. "I'll let Nil and Lavender know what you said, but for now the rest of us need to get the household ready for a move at any time. You don't have to be a seer to know that with the information we have we'll be wanted back home as soon as possible."


The message was composed, encoded and dispatched that evening with explicit instructions to the courier's captain to make for Jeevel at the best possible speed. A duplicate copy was prepared with the intent of sending it on the next Jeevelian merchant making Salas's port. The household was made ready to move on a moment's notice and for the most part everyone lived out of trunks and bags, an inconvenience but a minor one at worst.

Nobody moved outside the house unless in a group of at least three and none of the royal children did so without at least two guards as an escort. Even Nilsen and Lavender were escorted to and from their practice, which Lavender thought was funny and Nil thought ridiculous until Deimie told him it was necessary. He wasn't normally disposed to argue with his sisters, especially the twins, and as usual in this he capitulated.

He had noticed the twins had been acting differently since the knowledge of the crystal readers came to light, more mature and less flighty. He had asked what was going on but had received only a sly smile and a kiss on the cheek as an answer. Sensing that was all he was going to get, he let it drop. Besides, he considered it a good thing; after all, they were getting to be adult women and should act like it. He would miss their silliness a bit, but all in all this was for the better.

Demeter was in and out fairly often although he seemed to be more pensive and preoccupied than usual. He noticed they were packed and ready to go but all he was told was that they expected to be recalled home at any time. He was also somewhat reluctant to say what he had been up to lately, waving it off and saying "this and that." The only thing that seemed to cheer him up was Nilsen's impending fatherhood.

"So master 'I'm too young to be tied down, '" he said with relish. "It would appear that you stuck something where it didn't belong. Or maybe I should say exactly where it did belong." Nilsen was about to tell his friend that the look in Lavender's eye wasn't one of amusement when he continued. "Well, if it's a girl, hopefully it will look like her mother." Pausing for a moment as if thinking he started up again in the same vein, "Actually if it's a boy it still would be better off looking like his mother. You seem to do all right, considering how ugly you are, but that's no reason to burden a baby with it."

Nil chuckled when Lavender snorted and shook her head slightly. Demeter would probably never know how close he came to having his head pinched off and Nilsen didn't see any reason to point it out to him just yet.

"And I thought you hung around me because of my beauty," Nil protested.

"No, it's because sitting next to you I look really good," Demeter said lounging back in his chair. "But seriously, congratulations to the both of you." Just as he finished Makro entered the room wearing a frown.

"What's wrong, May?" Nilsen asked.

"Hmm? Oh, hi, Dem," she said absently. "Wrong? I don't know ... Maybe nothing. I just got back from talking with the merchants council; I had thought everything was going quite well until today. With everything that we had agreed upon, everything we had discussed, it all seems to be right back where we started. They didn't even send their higher-up representatives, just some low-level flunkies."

"Hmm, that's a bit of a pain in the ass," Nilsen commiserated. "But not something we can really do anything about now."

"No," she agreed. "It's just disconcerting. It's almost like everybody here has been told not to deal with us. Dem, do you have any idea what this is all about?"

"No," he said with a shrug. Then he added bitterly, "It's not like anybody will tell me anything. All I can say for sure is that Jeevel and anything having to do with Jeevel is highly out of favor right now. I think that's why I'm considered to be somewhat of a pariah in my own house right now; being friends with you is considered tantamount to treason."

"I'm sorry, Dem," Nilsen said with a start. "I didn't realize it was so bad. Is there anything we can do? Maybe you shouldn't associate with us if it puts you in such a bad spot."

"Fuck 'em," Demeter answered with a frown and a wave of his hand. "I don't know what the hell is going on around here, but I don't like it. Here we are treating a neighboring power like an enemy. Jeevel may never have been an ally, but I can't see any reason for the hostility. It's almost like Father is trying to goad you into war, or at least some sort of action. It just doesn't make sense."

Nilsen was about to answer when one of the maids entered the room and walked over to Nilsen's side.

"Lord," she said with a saucy little curtsy. The household maids had accepted the fact that Nilsen was spending his time with his giant bodyguard, but that didn't stop them from trying to entice him into their beds, or them into his. "There is a messenger outside who says he is from the Putram. He says he would like to speak to you."

"Thank you, Sara. Send him in." When she had left Nilsen looked over at his sister and friend. "I wonder what this is all about? All this time here and nothing, not a word from the Putram and now a messenger. I can't help but feeling this can't be good."

"I agree," Demeter said. "I really don't know what is going on, but be careful. As much as I hate to say this, don't trust anything you're told."

"I won't," Nilsen grunted while Makro nodded in agreement. "Do you think you ought to be here when this messenger arrives? I'm sure it'll be reported back to your father."

"Believe me, he already knows," Demeter assured his friend. "I don't mind if you don't." Nilsen just raised his hand palm up as if to say, "On your head be it."

Seconds later Sara reentered the room followed closely by a man wearing the Putram's colors. Lavender moved even closer to Nilsen's back and he could hear the slight scrape as a sword was loosened and moved in its scabbard. He wanted to tell her there was no need for that but hesitated and thought better of it. It would probably take a direct order to have her stand easy and he wasn't sure that having her at the ready might not be a good idea anyway. Cerberus, who had been lounging against the wall behind her slowly stood up and padded over to stand next to the door, putting him directly behind the messenger. It was nothing overtly hostile but the messenger knew damn well there was a huge animal behind him. He was fairly unobtrusive about it, but the sweat beading on his neck and his furtive glances told the story.

"Lord Nilsen?" the messenger stated while bowing to Nilsen.

"Prince Nilsen, yes," Nil answered coolly. He didn't really want to create a scene here with this flunky, but he couldn't help but be a bit perturbed by the shabby treatment his sister had been receiving and the implied slight to his family and nation.

"Ah, yes, Prince Nilsen," the messenger quickly recovered. "His Excellency the Putram would like to extend an invitation to you and your present family for a formal dinner and gathering to be held this evening next. I have also been tasked with requesting the number, including retainers, that will be attending."

"He is most gracious," Nilsen said with only a hint of sarcasm. "I'm not sure we will be able to make it tomorrow night; I'll have to check our calendars."

"Lo— Prince," the messenger quickly continued. "His Excellency was most insistent."

"Was he now?" Nil mused.

"Yes sir," the messenger said with a bobbing head. "Most insistent."

"Well he can..." Nilsen started until he looked over at Makro who was nodding her head very slightly. " ... expect eight or nine of us all told. May I ask, what is the auspicious occasion that precipitated this gracious invitation?"

"The dinner is being held in honor of the arrival of the envoy from Durhorn, my lord."

"Durhorn? Ah, how nice," Nil mused. "Well, you can tell his Excellency we will be there as requested."

"Very good, My Lord," an obviously relieved messenger said. "Then if you would allow, I will return to inform His Excellency of your acceptance."

Nilsen waited until the messenger was well out of the room and turned to his sister and friend. "What the hell was that all about?" he asked. "We've been here almost a half-season and not one word socially from His Excellency; now all of a sudden, this."

"Don't trust it!" Demeter said.

"You know, or heard something?" Nil replied.

"No," Demeter answered with a shake of his head. "But something has been going on. This just doesn't feel right."

"Not to malign your father, Demeter," Makro said, "but I agree. Something doesn't smell right here."

"Malign all you want," he answered. "Right now you're looking at one total outcast from the ruling family. The last time I tried to enter the family quarters I was refused on orders of my father. I've moved out completely now, and to be honest, I feel better for it."

"I'm sorry if I've caused this," Nilsen apologized to his friend.

"You didn't cause this; they did. There is something going on, something nasty and underhanded and they don't trust me to know about it. Rightfully so, I might add."

"Well, it seems we are going to a state dinner," Nilsen mused. "It should be interesting ... dangerous, but interesting."


"This is ridiculous!" Lavender said for about the hundredth time. "None of the other guards have to dress up like a damn peacock. Why can't I just wear a uniform like everybody else? I can't wear my sword with this silly little thing."

The five siblings, Lavender and their guards were gathered in the foyer waiting for their carriage to arrive at the front door. The women, including Lavender, wore flowing silk gowns, while Nilsen and the four guards were in the dress uniforms of Jeevel. Only the guards were fully armed with polished swords and lacquered bucklers. Nilsen had his sword-breaker with him, but not his sword. Another messenger had been sent by the Putram to explain the appropriate dress and protocol for the occasion.

"None of the other guards are as beautiful as you are," Nilsen explained. Lavender just sniffed.

"She just feels uncomfortable being unarmed," Makro said to no one in particular.

"She's not unarmed," Deimie said with a laugh. "She just doesn't have her sword." Lavender scowled while everybody else turned to look at Deimie. "Lavender, you heard the rules: no armed guards in the dining chamber. As Nil's escort you will able to sit with him and be his protection the whole night without anybody knowing. Besides, how many weapons are you carrying right now?"

"Ah, well," Lavender stuttered a bit. "Seven ... well, maybe eight." Nil, Makro and Jarrah stared at her open-mouthed. Lavender's gown wasn't transparent, but it did hug her body snugly and created very interesting curves, especially around the chest area. While the gown was very definitely filled, it appeared to be all Lavender.

"I'd sure like to see where you hid them," Nil said with a grin.

Lavender harrumphed, sighed and then also grinned. Reaching over she patted him on the top of the head. "I'm sure you would," she said. "Maybe if you're a good boy you can help me look for them later." Makro snorted, the twins giggled and Jarrah rolled her eyes.

"The carriage is here. Let's go."

As they had been told they were escorted into the dining area while their honor guard was made to cool their heels outside in the vestibule with the other guards. They took their place in the receiving line and were soon presented to the Putram and two of his sons, one standing on each side of him.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet, Your Excellency," Makro said dropping into a curtsy with her three sisters. Lavender tried clumsily but gave up and stood behind Nilsen. The Putram nodded toward her but reached out his hand to Nilsen.

"Ah, Prince Nilsen! So good of you to come," he said oily. The smile on his face would have looked more genuine on a painting and the hand Nil grasped felt cold and slippery like a dead fish.

"Our pleasure, Your Excellency," Nilsen said, doing his best to ignore what had to be a deliberate slight towards his sisters. "May I present my sisters: Princesses Makro, Jarrah, Deimie and Fobie. This is my companion, Lavender."

"Yes, yes," the Putram said without really looking at any of the women. "Very pretty; I'm sure they will all marry well. Some fine alliances can be cemented with appropriate marriages. I had even corresponded with your father about the possibility of matching one or two of your sisters with some of my boys, but he didn't seem all that interested at the time. Some nonsense about letting them decide for themselves or some such. Well, who knows what the future may bring?

"Maybe you would be interested in one or two of my daughters? I seem to have a surplus of them lying around the palace these days. Would you like to meet a few of them? Not just now? Well maybe later then." With that they were obviously dismissed as he turned to the next group in line.

"Well, that was interesting," Nilsen said to no one in particular as they walked away towards the main room. Looking over he saw that Makro was almost turning purple and if the look in her eyes had been aimed at him he would have run and hid right then. Instead he moved up next to her and gently put an arm around her waist.

"It doesn't matter, May," he said softly.

"That arrogant ass..." she sputtered.

"Yes, he is," Nilsen agreed. "But it still doesn't matter."

"What do you mean, it doesn't matter?" she demanded. "He so much as made us out to be little more than ... property... ! fit only for marriage and probably birthing children! And if that wasn't a direct insult to Father..."

"I'm sure it was," he said with a chuckle. "But it still doesn't matter. We are going to be gone soon and with us will go a secret the likes of which he could never expect. I will admit I am somewhat puzzled by his actions, though. Why ignore us, then invite ... well, demand that we come here and then insult us? Is he just trying to show his contempt for us? Goad us into doing something we normally wouldn't? It is very curious."

"Hmm..." Makro muttered, calming down considerably. "Yes, just why are we here? I'll think on that for a while, but you are correct: What he thinks or does shouldn't matter to us right now. Yes, I'll just think on that..."

Nilsen tried to pay attention to what she was saying but unfortunately he overheard the twins talking to Lavender behind them, talking in that brutally honest and incredibly embarrassing way only sisters or lovers could.

"So, you heard His Excellency," Deimie said to Lavender. "He wants to palm off a couple of his unwanted daughters on Nil. Feel like sharing yet?"

"Not particularly," Lavender said with a shrug. "Besides, if I did I know two panting women back at the villa that would be more than willing and probably more deserving than any of his pampered pets. I have to be careful when I get up to use the chamber pot or one or both of them would be in my place before I got back."

"They have been very patient and have whined very little," Fobie remarked. "You might let them take a crack at him if he gets a bit too energetic for you. It might take the edge off."

"That hasn't been a problem," Lavender chuckled. "But I'll keep it in mind."

"You don't seem to have a problem with the concept of sharing him," Deimie remarked. "Is that usual with your people?"

"Usual? No, not unheard of, but not usual," Lavender answered. "There have been cases when one man has been determined to have many of the desirable breeding qualities and he has been assigned more than one mate. But that doesn't happen very often since a man is still expected to take care of his wife or wives and children. Too many of either would be a great burden on everyone concerned.

"So no, it isn't usual." Lavender paused for a moment in thought before continuing. "But now that you ask, it does seem curious that I don't find the idea repugnant." She grinned at the twin, "I do not know about being the jealous kind, but I have never been one to share my toys."

"Well I'm not surprised," Deimie said with a laugh. "I asked Momma about it once ― she is one of four wives you know ― and she said it probably had something to do with the man involved and the women, but that the salidin also seemed to suppress the territorial instincts in the bonded. If that is the case then what you feel isn't a surprise. Which is good since you will have to share him sooner or later."

"So you say," rumbled Lavender. "We shall see what comes." To which Deimie just nodded.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.