Quest For Knowledge - Cover

Quest For Knowledge

Copyright© 2007 by colt45

Chapter 3

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Dent's (Sea King) oldest children are grown up now. While in Salas with a few of his sisters, Nilsen acquires a seven foot tall giantess with a secret that can open up the mysteries of the Old Technology. Whoever has that knowledge could quite possibly rule the world, but is it worth the price?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   Harem   Oral Sex   Pregnancy  

"It can't be a dog," Demeter said quietly as he froze in place. "No dog could be that big."

"That may be," Nilsen said, "but nonetheless that thing is a dog, or at least something very dog-like." Nilsen moved cautiously over to the huge lump.

"Is it dead?" Demeter asked nervously.

"I'm not sure," Nilsen whispered. "Wait, I can see its breathing. Still alive, but just barely, I think."

"Then by the gods, leave it alone," Demeter hissed. "It must be what tore up this place. Armed or not, I don't want to be around when it wakes up."

"I don't think we have to worry about that," Nilsen said, looking at the swollen, almost black tongue hanging out of the huge jaws. "I'll guess it hasn't had much water or food for the past week or so. In fact, if we want to save it, we'd better get some water into it soon."

"Why would you want to save it?" Demeter demanded. "Even if it was gentle as a kitten something that big is going to be dangerous. Just a guess, but I'm thinking it isn't all that gentle. We should just cut its throat now and be done with it."

"Hmm, you're probably right," Nilsen sighed, "but I'm betting it belongs to my guest. It was the last thing she thought of before passing out. I think we should bring it back to her."

"Another one of your feelings?"

"Sort of," Nilsen said with a shrug. "It just seems the right thing to do."

So, you're going to carry it back like you did your girlfriend?" Demeter teased.

"Give me a fucking break!" Nilsen laughed. "I'm not even sure I could pick it up let alone carry it. There should be a good number of carters down here at the docks. Why don't you go see if you can find one and rent a wagon? I'm going to see if I can find some water. Maybe I can get some information out of the landlord while I'm at it."

"You just going to leave it here, like this?"

"It isn't going anywhere," Nilsen answered.

"Well, I think you're crazy," Demeter snorted. "That thing is going to tear you apart when it wakes up. Oh well, best to get it done."

The landlord was waiting outside a comfortable distance away from the door. He was able to tell Demeter where the nearest carter was located, luckily right around the corner. He seemed a little nervous when Nilsen said he wanted to ask some questions, but seemed reasonably disposed to answer them.

"So, is the animal dead?" the landlord asked hopefully.

"Not yet," Nilsen said. "It needs water. I'd guess it hasn't had any for a while. What do you know about it and about her for that matter?"

"Can't tell you much," the old man admitted. "Lavender is her name, goes by Lav. The beast is hers. She calls him Cerberus; I just call him a devil. Oh, he's tame enough when she's around I'll admit, but when she isn't ... Look out! I'd be worth your life just to try and touch him! Damn shame he wasn't with her when she was taken; it wouldn't have turned out the same, I'll tell you!"

"What do you know about that?" Nilsen asked.

"Not much," the landlord sighed. "Look, I don't get mixed up in my tenant's business you see. Lavender — she was a strange one, no doubt — came in on some ship or other about a quarter-season ago. Kept to herself; real quiet and all. Willing to work when such was available and paid for a quarter-season on the rooms.

"About a ten-day or so ago I'd heard she was taken by the Proctors. Don't know what that was all about, and don't want to know either. Anyway, last I heard she was in the arena; I'd assumed she died. Nobody gets out of the arena alive."

"She did," was all Nilsen answered. "She's staying with me for now, at least until she recovers. I'm going to bring her the dog and whatever else she may have. I assume nobody has been in there since she's been here?"

"You're right about that! Nobody's going in there with that beast around, even if they knew he was dead!

"Not dead yet," Nilsen admitted. "Not well, but not dead. Can I get some water from you? He's going to need quite a bit and I should start giving it to him as soon as possible. It would be best if I didn't wait until I get him home."

The landlord nodded and dashed inside. Moments later he was out with a pitcher and a cup.

"Thanks," Nilsen said. "You've been very helpful. I'm sure Mistress Lavender would be very grateful."

"She's a good girl," he said uncomfortably. "She weren't the kind you got close to, not that I would. But I don't want to see nothing bad happen to her either."

"I told you, she'll be fine," Nilsen assured him. "She's had a hard time of it, but from what I've seen she's strong and will be back to normal soon. You said it was the Proctors that took her? Is that normal?"

"That's what I heard," he said nervously. "I won't say it's normal, but it seems to be happening more often lately. I'll say no more about it!"

Nilsen thanked him, took the water and reentered Lavender's apartment. Momentarily he puzzled over how he was going to get an unconscious dog to take water; it wasn't like he could dribble it into his mouth and he was in no shape to drink by himself. Finally, Nil took a scrap of cloth, wetted it and held it in the huge mouth. For a while he was afraid the animal was too far gone when it started to suck on the saturated rag. By repeatedly wetting the rag he was able to get a good portion of the water into the beast. The dog was still unconscious when Demeter arrived with the cart but seemed to be breathing easier; Nilsen took that as a good sign.

With the help of a very reluctant carter, the three of them were able to drag the huge animal to the cart and place him in the back. Luckily, the trip back to the townhouse was uneventful.

"So," Demeter said affably as they pulled up to the townhouse, "your menagerie grows. Maybe you're going to start keeping poisonous snakes now? It might be safer, actually."

"What are you babbling about?" Nilsen asked with a frown. "I don't have a menagerie or anything remotely like it. I have a guest and her dog, nothing more. Now stop that and get your head out of your ass."

"I have my head up my ass?" Demeter snorted. "At least I can see what's happening, unlike other people I could mention, but won't."

"Just what do you think is happening?" Nilsen started to ask. "Never mind. I'm sure whatever you think is going on has no relation to reality. Now, how about helping me get this thing inside?"

"Inside where?"

"Hmm, good question," Nilsen paused for a moment. "I suppose it should be somewhere secure. It's only an animal; we can't be sure how it'll react when it wakes up."

"Oh, I think I have a pretty good idea how it'll react all right," Demeter quipped. "You saw that apartment the same as I did. If there was anything left together I would be surprised. If it did that to its mistress's place, just think what it'll do if it wakes up somewhere strange. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll die."

"He's not going to die," Nilsen retorted, and then paused again as he thought. "But you do have a point: an animal this size could be dangerous ... probably is dangerous. There's a storeroom on the lower level. If I remember, it's pretty much empty. Even if he recovers quicker than I think he will, he should be safe there."

"It's your funeral," Demeter shrugged.

"That it is," Nilsen agreed. Seeing the door guards as they pulled up in front of the villa, Nilsen whistled and waved to get their attention. With the help of the guards they were able to drag their furry visitor into his new domicile.

As they exited the storeroom they were met by Nilsen's sister, Makro. She stood still and utterly quiet as she glared at them, hands on her hips. Nilsen could swear he could hear her foot tapping as she waited for an answer to her unasked question. Of medium height, coal-black hair framed her heart-shaped face and cascaded over her shoulders and down to the middle of her back. Her build would have been considered slim except for her extremely large chest, not quite as large as Lavender's, but then she gave up almost two feet in height to go with it. Impressive as that was, Nilsen considered her face and legs to be even better features, when she wasn't glaring at him or ready to kick him. Both had the tendency to occur far too often as far as he was concerned. In spite of that, as with all the women in his family, he considered her to be extraordinarily beautiful. He both envied and pitied the man who ended up with her as his wife. His life would be constantly heaven and hell, probably both at the same time!

"Hello, Makro," he said cheerfully. "How did everything go at the palace? Well, I hope. Didn't think you'd be back quite so soon."

She just stood there, her eyes, black as her hair, boring holes into him. If anything, her frown deepened, something Nilsen would have wagered couldn't have happened.

Neither of them said anything for a moment or two. Demeter coughed softly and said to nobody in particular, "I think I'll go see what Sara's up to, if you don't mind. Mistress Makro, it's good to see you. Nil, later." With that he turned and without actually running, beat a hasty retreat.

"You know," Nilsen mused, "I think he just may be sweet on our Sara. What do you think?"

Nilsen could feel the pressure build as she continued to glare at him. They were what some called "cradle twins." Born within a ten-day of each other they naturally grew up very close to each other, although for some reason Makro seemed to think that since she had been firstborn Nilsen should naturally defer to her. Nilsen didn't agree. Over the years he had developed many methods of dealing with his — assertive is what he called her when feeling kind, bitchy when not — sibling. After eighteen seasons he even found one or two that worked, sometimes.

Ignoring her was generally effective in the short term, but not particularly prudent in the long term. Arguing was little more than an exercise in futility. One might as well argue with a stone.

Caving in and agreeing to everything she said usually worked. Unfortunately Nilsen had a fair streak of stubbornness himself that refused to allow him the refuge of capitulation. Especially if he thought what he was doing was right.

No, this was one of those times when he had to suck it up and just talk to her. If he could do it rationally and maybe even with a little humor, it could keep the situation somewhat civilized, or at least below the throwing-things stage. Makro had a tendency to throw whatever was at hand if she was really pissed off, including sharp objects. Luckily, she had terrible aim. Besides, if he could maintain reasonable tones it would drive her crazy ― always a bonus!

"I couldn't care less if he's chasing one of the maids," Makro hissed. "That's her problem, not mine."

"Well I think it's good for both of them," Nilsen said with a smile. "Certainly if she's willing I can't see..."

"Nilsen deSiso!" Makro said firmly, and loudly.

"Well, I think it's kind of sweet..."

"Nilsen!" this time she shouted. "What is that thing you brought into this house?"

"Ah, well," Nilsen paused, "I'm afraid you're going to have to be a little more specific than that. Do you mean our guest in my bedroom or the one down here in the storeroom? By the way, we probably need to tell everyone not to go in there; it might not be safe. Anyway our guest recuperating in my bed is a woman, not a thing." Makro growled and started glancing around the hallway. Nilsen realized he had once again misjudged how far to push her ... Oh, well.

"Settle down, I surrender," he said raising his hands in the universal peace sign. "I can, and will, explain everything. I'm sure you've heard at least some of her story by now, probably as much as I know if the truth be told. As for the animal ... Well, that's hers and when we found him he was near death, probably still is. I don't know how badly off he really is, but he's not well, that much I know. I was hoping that I could get everyone together and tell the story once.

"I assume she's still sleeping?" he asked.

"It's not my job to track the whores you stuff in your bed," Makro snapped.

"Makro," he rebuked her softly, "that's neither true, nor fair. None of the women I've been with have been whores, and certainly not this one. Curse me if you will, but leave the innocent alone, please."

"Fine!" Makro huffed, then her shoulders relaxed and she actually blushed, just a little. "You're right; I apologize. But you could have told me about it first!"

"I would have if I could," he said with a shake of his head. "It all happened too quickly. I know you hate surprises, but this was the right thing to do; it had to be done." He walked up to her and wrapped her in his arms, bringing her into a hug. She protested softly as he buried his face in the hair hanging down on her shoulder, giving him one or two ineffective shoves before sighing and relaxing in his arms.

"Hmm, you smell good," he said as he breathed in her scent. "Almost good enough to eat!" he said, taking a little nip at her neck. She started laughing and this time did push him away.

"Get on with you," she said holding his hands and smiling up at him. "You think I'm one of your fawning harem girls? I think not. You can't nibble on my neck and get out of it that easily."

"That's too bad," he said with a chuckle. "I thought I'd found a great new way out of one of your scoldings."

"You wish!" she snorted. "Seriously, we all need to sit down and talk about this."

"I know," he sighed. "Not only about our guests. A few things have come to light that have me worried. Lavender — that's the women's name — has a salidin but is unbound."

"Yes ... so?" Makro cocked her head in question. "So, her master died. It happens — not very often — but it does happen."

"Maybe," Nilsen admitted. "But I get the feeling there's something more to it ... a lot more. It's not just that, though; the way she was captured is rather worrisome. We'll talk it all out tonight. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it has me concerned."

"Hmm, okay. Tell us tonight after evening meal." Makro let go of his hands and started walking back down the hallway.

"I will," he called to her retreating back. "Right now I've got to take care of my guest."

With the help of one of their guards he was able to get the dog to drink another two buckets of water. The animal seemed to be resting comfortably so they secured it with a heavy chain and left it with a plate of ground meat in case it would wake while he was gone. Admonishing the staff not to enter the room without him, he left to check on his other guest.


After the evening meal Nilsen, his four sisters and Katern gathered in the large study off the main living area.

"As you are all aware," he began, "I have had an interesting day to say the least. Jarrah, you've had a chance to look in on Lady Lavender. How is she doing?"

Jarrah, younger than he and Makro by just less than a season, sat upright in her chair. Tall, slight of build, with long, honey-blond hair and deep blue eyes, she studied her half-brother with a cool, detached look. She almost never smiled, which Nilsen thought was a shame since she was easily the loveliest of the many beautiful women in his family. At an early age she had demonstrated a knack for healing and since then had pursued that discipline with a passion. It was about the only thing she ever displayed a passion for. She appeared to be completely indifferent to men as a sex and dallied with other women only on occasion. Nilsen couldn't care less which sex she was attracted to — most if not all of the women in his family seemed to be attracted to both — he just wished she was happier in life, not that there was much he could do about it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.