A Dish Best Served Cold - Cover

A Dish Best Served Cold

Copyright© 2007 by The Mage

Chapter 17

The guard by the back gate was sloppy in his duties, and never saw the men as they moved into position. That was why he suddenly became dead!

At the same time, one of the snipers took out the power lines where they entered the building.

As Paki had indicated the location of the surveillance cameras, it took little effort to shoot them out during the interval between the street power going down and the uptake of the emergency generator.

Once the guards were electronically blind, all of the teams moved into the compound, killing those who were on perimeter duty.

As they were nearing the building, Charley tapped Jack's shoulder, and pointed at a large pipe that entered the building. Jack nodded and smiled broadly as he understood what Charley was pointing at.

A large natural gas line fed the compound. This fact altered their plans, considerably.

"Papa Bear to all teams! Switch to darts. I say again, switch to darts, over," said Jack into his mike.

One by one, the teams acknowledged.

Five minutes later, the entire compound was secured, and all of the occupants were unconscious. Only two of the attackers were wounded in the take-over. A guard didn't go down as quickly as expected, from the darting. Fortunately, his shots were unaimed. One of the attackers was hit in the shoulder, and another in the ass. The latter was incensed at the ignominy of such a wound.

"Blackbird to Papa Bear, house interior is secure," said Raven as she walked through the main building.

Jack stood at the entrance to the lower level, as he received the 'all clear' from each team.

"Papa Bear to Mama Bear. Bring up the den, and send in our guide, please. Over."

Shortly the rumble of a tractor-trailer came through the walls. A minute later Paki was brought to Jack.

"I'm sure that we could find what we need, but if you will help, I think things will go much faster."

With a bow Paki answered, "It would be my pleasure, Sir. How may I serve you?"

"First and foremost is the private office. We need all of the files that will help in bringing this business down."

"Of course, please follow me."

Jack indicated to the several men coming in the door with dollies were to follow him.

Once in the office, Paki went to the desk and picked up a small red leather bound book. "In this is the very heart of the network of the Master."

Paki handed over the small book and then indicated the painting on the wall behind the desk, "The wall safe is in back of that picture." He then turned back to the desk and picked up a statue of a raging bull. "On the bottom of this figure is the combination to the safe."

"Files?" said Jack.

Paki walked to the wall and pushed a piece of the decorative trim. The wall slid back, revealing a dozen or so file cabinets. Jack pointed to them and his crew moved the dollies into place and began the job of hauling the file cabinets to the truck.

While that was being done Paki had opened the safe. "I took the liberty, Sir, to expedite things."

The safe was divided into two compartments, one was full to the top with stacks of money and the other was filled with DVD's.

"The Master has a large video collection of very important people, in quite compromising positions, both men and women. I think you will be amazed at some of the names."

Jack grabbed the trashcan and upended it onto the floor then handed it to Paki.

"Please put the contents of the safe in this."

"As you wish, Sir, but wouldn't it be more prudent to use the travel case here?" said the old servant with a deadpan expression as he indicated a huge aluminum briefcase sitting next to the desk.

Flustered, Jack sputtered, "Yes, yes it would. Thank you Paki."

"Of course, Sir," said Paki without cracking a smile.

"May I ask you a question, Paki?"

"Certainly, Sir."

"How badly have the children been treated here."

The old man's stony exterior cracked, and tears began to stream from his eyes. With an audible sob he said, "Abominably! The depravity of these pedophiles is beyond description. They have driven some of the children absolutely mad and others are little more than animals now. For those there is, I'm afraid, no hope of a normal life! I think that they would be better off dead, quite frankly!"

Shaking the man sagged into the desk chair, placed his hands over his face and wept. "I should have left years ago. I should have tried to save these babies! Somehow! Somehow!

"I was so afraid! I will die with the faces of all of the little innocent ones that have been destroyed here. If the Master were here right now I would take one of your weapons and kill him, slowly!"

Jack could see that the man was very near a total meltdown. He thought for a moment then said softly, "Paki there is a way."

Through tears the old servant looked up at Jack. "How, Sir? How? I will do anything that you wish just tell me."

"I was planning on killing the bastard anyway but you could do it for us, as a form of penance."

Paki fell to his knees at Jack's feet and clutched at Jack's coat, "Please tell me how! Please!"

Jack lifted Paki to his feet and said, "Later I will explain everything. For now will you take us around to the children and tell us which ones you think will not make it?"

"Yes, Sir. Of course, Sir." Regaining his composure Paki led the way up the stairs.

They met Raven at the top of the stairs. She was black with rage! Jack noticed a guard was sprawled on the floor with a dart sticking out of the side of his neck.

"Papa Bear to all teams, retrieve all darts. I say again retrieve all darts also move the dead guards onto the truck, again leave no dead behind, over"

After issuing these orders Jack returned his attention to Raven just in time to stop her from killing Paki, "How could you stay here and not help these kids? How? I'm going to blow out your brains right here and now!"

"Raven stop! We need him to tell us which kids are beyond hope. We can put them out of their misery so they won't suffer any more."

"No fucking way are putting any of these little ones down like ... like ... some sick dog! We will take care of them! Even if it means a hospital for the rest of their lives! Do you hear me?"

Paki perked up at the sound of these words and said as he looked Raven straight in the eyes, "If you will permit it, young Miss. I would like very much to serve these children until Allah takes me. I will work very hard to make the rest of their lives as comfortable as possible. Aziz has much money and some of it could be used for them."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.