Secrets - Cover

Secrets

Copyright© 2006 by Wylde Silver

Chapter 2

Three days had gone by and I hadn't heard from Mr. and Mrs. Psycho yet. No news is good news in this situation.

The hard drive I had taken from their hosed computer turned out to be a gold mine of information. There were some images of the office building layout, as well as a schedule and a list of phone numbers of people involved. It blows my mind why people put things like that on a computer, or even write it down for that matter. This kind of info is seriously damning. The data wasn't even hidden or encrypted at all. You want to keep a secret you don't tell anyone, not even the others that share your head. That's the only way something is not going to get out.

According to Chuck's schedule things are going down tonight. Actually in a couple hours to be precise. Its so thoughtful of Chuck to do it in the middle of the night to keep the loss of life low. I have a front row seat to enjoy the show too. I am in a parking garage next door watching the monkeys as they perform their act.

If this was actually going to happen I bet traffic would be hell in this area from all the construction, or whatever that needs to be done to clean it up. Well traffic already is hell, so make that hell squared. Of course its not going to happen though. I was debating about reporting the whole thing to the cops or just not getting involved when the decision was made for me. I've been instructed to be there and to call 911 at a certain time to catch them in the act. I know I don't have a choice about it either. If I don't do it on my own I'd just get forced to do it so I might as well go along with it.

<Make the call.> I hear in my head. This is actually going to be fun.

Ok, I guess the show is starting. I dial emergency from a payphone on the ground floor of the parking garage and tell the operator, "Some guys with guns just broke into the office building of First National downtown. I heard two of them talking about some kind of explosive." I didn't let the operator get a chance to say anything. I just hung up. That should be sufficient to get the ball rolling. I climbed to the roof, taking the stairs two at a time. I wanted an aerial view for this.

It didn't take long before a squad car pulled up in front of the building. The building was dark, but darkness is relative. As in any city there is always more than enough light to see by thanks to the over abundance of light pollution. The fat cop parked the car and waddled up to the front glass doors. He must have seen something because he ran back to his car so fast you would have thought someone was after his donuts. What happened next bordered on the impossible. Within minutes red and blue lights were flashing everywhere. Its like all the cops were just waiting around the corner and now that they had something to do they were there.

Two people came out of the building and stood with their arms up. Spotlights highlighted their forms against the backdrop of dark glass. Automatic shots were heard from inside the building. The glass was perforated and streaked with cracks. The two men fell forward on the hard concrete, their life force slowly seeping from the holes in their flesh.

I couldn't believe that just happened. Their own guys shot them. Why would they do that?

<The runners were weak. The men inside couldn't let them go.> I heard in reply to my thoughts.

The stench of fear pulsed thick in the air. My antagonistic companion was drinking it up. I could feel his presence get stronger.

The two that were shot were still alive. While the blood still drained from their veins, they were an obstacle for the police now. Unable to move of their own power they had no choice but to groan in agony and watch as their essence slickened the pavement. Panic flowed from them. The horde of flashing lights swelled as paramedics and fire engines joined the party.

I addressed the occupied part of my head. You sick fuck, you are loving this aren't you!

<Don't be so righteous, hypocrite. You called this fun earlier. This is entertainment to you. You cant deny it, I know your inner desires.>

That was before some poor sap was dying on the sidewalk.

Our private grudge match was interrupted by a thunderous crash as a huge hole was torn out of the building and exploded outward. Emergency personnel took cover as shards of glass and debris rained down on the area. Small bits of fire ate at random bits of office material scattered about. The building was definitely wounded but it was only a small percentage that was no longer there. From my bird's eye view it looked like someone had kicked a hornets nest, frantic people were running all over the place.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.