Kenshiro Hidori - Cover

Kenshiro Hidori

Copyright© 2006 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 5

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 5 - This story is about a young man dreaming of what would happen if he could fight in the battles of the past. Offered a place in a strange but real game he is given that chance. In this separate time how will history look on him. Will he be a hero or a man quickly forgotten?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Superhero  

Jonathan Furgeson was a disillusioned young noble. He had come to fight for the holy land believing it was his Christian duty. Now he wondered what part would God want in such senseless slaughter. People that had not caused any Christian peasant or knight harm were killed because of the color of their skin and where they lived. He wanted to return to his homeland of Scotland and forget this terrible war and the images that would be forever burned into his mind's eye. After a long and tiring trek across the desert they rested after setting camp. Awakening the next morning Jonathan dressed for battle. Two squires helped him put on his armor and helped him into the saddle, as his armor was very heavy and he had difficulty managing it on his own. Lifting his visor to allow better vision and cooling effect, his eyes squinted against the glare of his own plate armor underneath the burning desert sun. In the distance he could see an army of men coming towards them a dust cloud created in their wake. As they neared he saw the standards of the Saracens their enemy. Armed for battle he joined his own troops among the other Crusaders. The next few moments that followed were a blur in Jonathan's memory. He remembered only charging the enemy astride his horse. As the two sides clashed sword and spear struck shield and armor causing pain and blood flow. The first that would die that day fell during the initial contact as the two armies came crashing together like two great waves. Jonathan saw one rider charge forward only to be spitted on a Saracen spear and fall dieing from his horse. Jonathan also would have fallen in the first few moments not long after that man had not fortune intervened. Another spearman meaning to kill him stabbed at him from his right. Barely seeing it in time he tried to twist out of the weapon's path involuntarily jerking back on the reins. This sudden movement caused his horse's footing to slip in the loose sand. Horse and rider fell leaving Jonathan pinned underneath his steed helpless to defend himself. He saw the spear coming towards his face and Jonathan let out a silent prayer for absolution knowing this was the moment of his death, but the blow never fell. A long sword hacked the spear cleanly in two as it traveled towards its target. Another knight stepped into view smashing the Saracen in the jaw with the butt of his sword. The Saracen fell stunned only to be killed before he could recover as he was stabbed in the chest. Given the reprieve he needed Jonathan was able to struggle out from beneath his injured horse and gain his feet.

"Stay with me if you want to live young pup!" The stranger said dressed in shining plate armor unlike his own. Truly wanting to live Jonathan did just that never straying far from his rescuer. Each man guarded the other's back with Jonathan usually needing more protection out of the two of them. By the end of the battle Jonathan was exhausted and separated from his men. His body was bruised and battered making every movement a chore. Each breath was a painful gasp and nausea threatened to overwhelm him from the smell of the dead and dieing. Jonathan had only participated in skirmishes this was his first real battle. The sight of vultures picking at the flesh of the dead was an unwelcome sight and turned his stomach.

"You did well for your first time." The stranger said. "I didn't think so. I almost got killed so easily." Jonathan said. "That was how I knew it was your first time. Most of the good fighters realize after their first battle that we can die at any moment. You charged in foolish and oblivious to the danger around you. Lesson number 1: never get distracted or your enemy will take advantage of your weakness. It only takes a moment for an opening to present itself. My name is Kenshiro. What is your name?" Kenshiro said.

"Jonathan Furgeson a nobleman from Scotland." Jonathan said, "I have never heard such a name what land do you come from?" Lifting his visor and showing his face Kenshiro said, "I am from a land far to the east. Until recently I served my late lord King Frederick Barbarossa." Jonathan now recognized that Kenshiro was indeed wearing Teutonic armor as was common among the knights of the Holy Roman Empire. The only difference between him and the others was Kenshiro carried no shield. The long sword was the reason he didn't; made to be a two handed weapon a shield would merely prove cumbersome. An adaptable weapon the long sword could be used in a variety of ways: a stabbing weapon like a spear, a cutting weapon like a sword, or a blunt-edged weapon like a club or staff. Special gauntlets or gloves could be worn by the user allowing them to adapt to almost any real life situation. If the long sword had any drawbacks they were that it required plenty of room to use it properly, and as it was mentioned earlier you could not use a shield at the same time.

As Jonathan got to know the man he discovered that Kenshiro had fought on in his lord's memory, but was now heading home. "I have had enough of this war. It is being fought for the wrong reasons, and the Holy Roman Empire needs a new king. I must return to support him." Kenshiro said as they sat near his men and a roaring campfire. It was then that one of the teutons spoke, "Forgive my lord general for interrupting but why do you not claim leadership? Our king is dead and we have remained here so that we might serve you. Seek the mandate and we shall pledge our support. You have many nobles here who possess great influence. Even King Frederick respected you though you came from a foreign land and do not share our religion."

"Because like our late sovereign I detest the Pope's interference in our nation's politics Edward. While I can accept the Christian religion I refuse to accept that such a man speaks for God." Kenshiro said. "That is because once you set your mind to something your will is indomitable. I myself have witnessed the victories you have given our nation. Now we need a leader who rules from strength like our late King. Curse the waters that drowned him its depths! You are that King and I would gladly follow you anywhere!" Edward said kneeling. Kenshiro acknowledged that the thought of ruling such a great empire was pleasing as was the challenge of taking it and keeping it. "Why not? You will have your wish Edward. I will take the kingship for my own. Let the Pope think that he has a new dog that will obey his every command. He will soon find a wild wolf instead!" Kenshiro said with a laugh.

Returning to the Holy Roman Empire Kenshiro gained the support he needed to gain the throne, and quickly stamped out any competition. The Pope was forced to accept him after he witnessed Kenshiro's baptism and the acceptance of his new Christian name: Demetrius Cristus. Giving his mandate the Pope crowned the new King Demetrius Cristus the second sovereign emperor in the history of the Holy Roman Empire. Demetrius and Jonathan and Demetrius had kept up the friendship that they had made during their travels back from the Holy Land. Jonathan was welcomed into Demetrius' home before he was crowned. Demetrius showed him all the sights of the land he had come to call home. When Jonathan's ship arrived to take him back to Scotland the two men parted ways promising to write.

It was a promise they both kept. Through letters the two men set up an arranged marriage between Demetrius and Jonathan's sister Sarah which would forever link their two families. The wedding happened the following spring. Sarah was dressed in a lovely wedding gown and Demetrius was dressed in chain armor bearing the emblem of the Teutonic Knights. Sarah was against the marriage and Demetrius could tell. On their wedding night Sarah expected to have to accept her duty and join him in the marriage bed but he never showed up. When she tried to find out why by asking her brother Jonathan in person he replied simply, "He knows you look down on him, and Demetrius will not accept such a wife. As far as he is concerned at the moment you are his wife in name only."

"What more does this barbarian want from me?" Sarah asked her brother in indignation. A look of anger flashed across Jonathan's face as he said, "Demetrius is an honorable man who was trusted by Emperor Frederick Barbossa and a man who also saved my life. You would do well to remember that sister especially since you will not find a more even handed man when it comes to women. If you treat him with respect he will return it." With that Jonathan stormed off leaving Sarah feeling guilty and foolish. Barely a day had passed and already she was making a mess of her marriage. It was just as her father had said, "You are a strong-willed woman and you will be lucky if any man will accept you and your head strong ideas." Taking her bow and a quiver of arrows she saddled her horse and rode out into the countryside the following day.

Demetrius did not abide brigands and made a point to have his troops patrolling the roads when they were not busy training. Not only did it make bandits hide it also kept his troops out of trouble. If you got in trouble you found your name on the patrol list back at the barracks. It was not a welcome prospect for most of the men, to leave the comfort of their barracks and patrol the open wilderness.

Sarah like everyone else could travel in relative safety. Finding the nearest forest she dismounted and removed the bow and quiver. Taking aim at the nearest tree she pulled back and released just missing the narrow trunk. "You should take more time when you aim. Besides that bow was not made for you." A voice said out of nowhere. Looking around Sarah said, "Whose there?" Stepping out from behind a larger tree to her right Demetrius came into the light. "Forgive me my lord husband but it was made for me. My father had it made before he died. I am simply out of practice." Sarah said. Demetrius himself was carrying a bow of strange design that she had never seen before. The bow seemed to be of a lighter wood and was far longer than her own. Offering it to her Demetrius said, "Try this one. It is well used but still strong. It will no doubt be easier on you due to its design." Taking it Sarah took aim again and fired this time striking the tree trunk as she found it easier on the pull back and release. "Amazing it seems almost made for me." Sarah said admiring it craftsmanship. "Good then keep it as a gift. It was made for a woman so it makes sense that one should use it again." Demetrius said.

"Forgive me sire but may I ask what woman owned the bow originally?" Sarah asked curious. As far she knew Demetrius had never married before. "It belonged to the Lady Fujiko Hidori who became a member of my clan. She was married to a man named Kenshiro Hidori who made it for her. The bow has sentimental value because of this. I have had it for many years and it has never failed me." Demetrius said. "I couldn't accept it." Sarah said trying to offer it back. "You won't accept it because it's not good enough, or because it is not from your country?" Demetrius said with a look of annoyance.

Regretting her foolishness in making it sound that way Sarah said, "Of course not but it was from a member of your clan and as you said it is dear to you." His brows furrowed as he said, "All the more reason for you to have it. You are my wife now and therefore a member of my house. If you don't want it then give it back." Reaching out his hand he moved to take it from her. Demetrius had quite frankly had enough of this foolishness. "That will not be necessary sire. I am honored by your gift and will treasure it always. Thank you for your generosity I am unworthy of it." Sarah said with a curtsy. "I never liked that gesture. In this society men do not show such respect to their women more often then not so I see little point in you doing it to me. Stand up straight please." Demetrius replied. Doing as she was told Sarah didn't know what to think. It was something she had been taught to do in such a situation and she was unsure of what to do now. Seeing how uncomfortable she was Demetrius said, "I find many customs of yours to be strange. If I were to show you mine I would imagine the same would be true, so I will make a pact with you: I will accept you curtsies if you will accept my bows. Is this satisfactory to you?" Sarah nodded saying, "Yes I suppose."

"Good then you should begin shooting from horseback as soon as possible if you are to participate in the hunt." Demetrius said. "The hunt my lord?" Sarah asked not following. "You hunted with you father when you were younger I fail to see the problem. You do not lack the needed experience." Demetrius said. "It's just not common place. I would not want to embarrass you." Sarah said unsure of herself. "Then I will help you practice. Meet me here at this time each day until the hunt. In time your skill with the bow will improve if you apply yourself. You already show promise with the weapon." Demetrius said pointing to the tree. "Thank you for your confidence in me but..." Sarah began before he pressed a finger to her lips silencing her. "It is one thing to have others doubt you, in that case you can use that to your advantage. However is quite another to doubt yourself, for in doing so you ensure your own failure. Without confidence in one's own ability you limit yourself and your potential." Demetrius said his face softening after he was finished his firm demeanor gone. Nodding Sarah said, "I think I understand."

"Good, that is much better. You are arrogant and stubborn at times but I can be that way also. For this relationship to work we must have mutual respect, that is why I made that pact with you. I do not believe a woman is only a servant to her husband's whim. You have your own mind, simply use it. I will listen to your council as I would any man's. Learn well and apply yourself you will have my ear, understand?" Demetrius said.

During her practice sessions Sarah and Demetrius spent a lot of time together alone. Each began after a time to gain a mutual respect for one another just as Demetrius had wanted, as they learned what they had in common instead of paying to much attention to their differences. Both looked forward to the hunt seeing it as a way to test their skills and prove their mettle.

When the time came Sarah was ready. Demetrius watched as the boar burst forth from the brush, she bent back her bow sighted down the arrow and released letting it fly. The arrow flew straight and true heavily wounding the boar. It traveled for a few yards before finally being overcome by its grievous wound.

Falling down it was unable to get up again as tried once before falling down again. Charging in at full gallop Demetrius finished it with a thrust of his spear ending its suffering. That night in a banquet set outdoors Demetrius and many others celebrated Sarah's kill and fine marksmanship giving her the place of honor. He led toast after toast in her honor, and Sarah smiled basking in the glow of their adoration.

That night husband and wife came together as they both wanted to consummate their marriage at long last. Sarah adored her new husband and how different her spouse was from other men she had met. First were the physical differences his eyes and skin tone darker than European men gave him an exotic quality, and Demetrius kept himself in great shape something that whenever she thought of their lovemaking made her blush. His knowledge in that area was well-versed, perhaps equal to his combat skills. She had never heard of the techniques used in their coupling.

Seeing him move through drills or as he sparred was amazing. Demetrius' movements were lightning fast and hard to follow and his attacks hit their mark with deadly accuracy. When she watched he would often flash her a smile making eye contact before and after each of his practice sessions. Sarah admired his confidence and wished she had even half his ability. She struggled to see further progress but he was always encouraging giving her the advice she needed to focus.

The more she learned about him the she was impressed by his values and his sense of right and wrong. Demetrius was a man of deep conscience he was comfortable in stepping out of the mold even if it made him many enemies. His changes in the society and political structure of the Holy Roman Empire were a perfect example of this. At first Demetrius' changes to the domestic infrastructure of the empire angered the nobles as they did not like disturbing the traditional way of doing things not seeing the reason for it, but after awhile they started to see that they now received more money to fill their treasuries and quickly withdrew their complainants happy with the changes. Even the poorer and less influential nobles found that they received new titles under the new system as county lines were made dividing the Holy Roman Empire into much smaller pieces. Each county would be ruled by a minor noble and their family and the nobles ruling these counties were each given the title of County Magistrate or Lord or in some cases Ladies. The poorer nobles took their new titles and money without complaint happy at the change. The minor nobles now reported to the higher ranking nobles giving them the money they were due, and in turn sending the rest excluding their own rightful portion and what was needed to support their county to the royal treasury. While all the nobles received more money they were encouraged by the Emperor to support their vassals which they did trusting in their ruler's judgment. Demetrius institution of a census and creating a Library of Records allowed his nobles to keep better track of how many vassals they actually ruled. Local offices were placed in each county in order to make sure the records were kept more accurate. Each office had their own library to keep the original copies and sent the rest to the capital by messenger. The entire process and his nobles support brought about more production and happier vassals as even their living conditions began to change for the better at least a little.

Under Emperor Demetrius' direction the new County Magistrates began building and training organized militias of their own to protect their county. The higher ranking lords would still be in charge of the regular army garrisons. Those cities and towns under the influence of those nobles provided what they could to support the militias. They were anxious to do this because not only did the militia provide good jobs for those that needed them, thus further stimulating the economy but the militia also provided extra security that was more readily available. Now instead of sending for help from the closest regular garrison miles away that might not reach them in time, the peasants had their own much closer made from fellow peasants who had the same interests as theirs. Smaller militias could even combine to form a standing army if the need ever arose for such a thing. This greatly helped to promote county pride and those that lived in that county felt safer and more connected to their neighbors now that they were willing and able to fight brigands and other undesirables who attacked their homes by facing them together.

Demetrius didn't stop there. He setup town and city councils so that his people would have a voice in their new government and so he could better provide for their needs from their own mouths. Soon the people in one voice declared that they wanted the brigand problem ended once and for all. Eager to do just that Demetrius began to make preparations.

Using the regular army to replace the militia he brought the militia to a place near the capital. Once there he personally oversaw their training. When the time came that he believed they were ready Demetrius sent out a proclamation throughout the land saying, "I am about to hunt down the lawless bands of men who have plagued our land for too long. I offer this one chance for them to lay down their arms and peacefully enter lawful society. If there are any who choose to refuse this chance at amnesty know that any that do not die in battle shall be judged in a military tribunal that I shall organize. There they will face charges of being an invading army or forces threatening the sovereignty of our great nation and as a result shall face the death sentence as an enemy of the state who have committed atrocities against its people."

A number of bandits took the offer of amnesty not only as a chance to erase old crimes and get a fresh start but to avoid the defeat and punishment they knew was coming. Their fellow citizens welcomed them back into society not harassing them as per the Emperor's instructions issued to make the transition as smooth as possible, and to make sure that the former criminals did not return to their old lives. Thanks to these measures the former bandits took on productive jobs and did their best to distinguish themselves and prove that they had changed not seeing a future in their old lives. Those however who chose to defy the Emperor Demetrius found him a terrible enemy and a man of his word. Leading an army of militia himself the Emperor defeated the bandits who had been forced to band together if they had hoped to survive the coming battle. As he had said he would Demetrius had each of the survivors tried in his newly appointed tribunal. They were all found guilty in a court of law as there was plenty of evidence against them and were summarily executed. If any bandits managed to escape capture in the first place they did so by leaving the Holy Roman Empire once and for all never to return knowing only trial and death awaited them there. The people celebrated their victory and their Emperor's leadership. Demetrius declared the day of the victory a holiday for all the citizens of the empire.

Determined to have peace and a time of learning and great discovery Demetrius refused to support the Crusades in any way saving people and resources from a fight he didn't believe in. Not only did he not support any noble or European power who did so he also refused to allow any Crusading force or army to pass through his lands or use his nation's ships to go to the Holy Lands in support of any invasion. He made the Holy Roman Empire a safe haven from religious persecution trying any citizen caught attacking or harassing any none Christian. His informants found any infraction whether they were reported by the new police forces, militias, fellow citizens or by none of these groups at all. Soon the people of the Empire took for granted that if they broke the laws that protected people of different belief they would be caught and rightfully so. It did not take long before the differences between one's religion were not a serious problem for any of the people. If any had any negative thoughts about their fellows they kept them to themselves choosing not to speak them aloud.

When this change was implemented Demetrius was again not content to leave things as they were. In open defiance of the Pope Demetrius sent a peace treaty to Salahadin for the purposes of non-aggression and trade. Salahadin accepted the gracious offer knowing that he would never again have to face the fury of the Teutonic Knights led by their new emperor in battle so long as Emperor Demetrius ruled. Demetrius used the opportunity now that open cultural exchange was possible to invite the greatest minds from Christian and none Christians in both Europe and the Holy Hands to study and work in his new university. Many great minds came accepting his invitation adding their knowledge to their adopted nation providing it with new technologies, both in every day life and technologies that could be used in military applications.

Demetrius immediately set about using his surplus of funds to devise ways of applying this knowledge for practical use. Guns, cannon, and not to mention other explosives made their way into the new technologies he had access to as he continued to spread his search for scholars and inventors from anywhere he could find. Some of his inventors came from as far away as Asia. Living in safety and provided the resources they needed to invent these gifted people gave him a decided advantage over his neighbors. To protect his nation's technology and its secrets Demetrius created a anti-insurgency and intelligence organization designed to hunt down spies and watch for potential traitors inside his borders.

In effect as these changes took place the Holy Roman Empire became stronger and stronger and kept that power inside its borders. Sarah noticed that Demetrius was very interested in any outside interference in his citizens' lives particularly the Jews. Since he was once one of them at least in belief before converting this was not hard for her to understand. She imagined that they would always hold a special place in his mind and his heart for whatever reason.

A particular incident of outside interference seemed to warrant his personal involvement when it was brought to his attention. A young priest by the name of Stephen spoke up on behalf of a Jewish merchant being persecuted by an Inquisitor. How the old man had managed to gain the Inquisitor's attention or be targeted was not his concern what Stephen did and the Inquisitor's response was. Stephen had spoken up knowing that he himself would be made the next target of the Inquisitor's religious fervor. When the Inquisitor had him arrested by the guards that accompanied him and tried to take Stephen back to Rome for trial the Inquisitor instead found himself arrested and brought to the capital as he traveling was on the road.

Brought into the audience chamber the Inquisitor name Herrera was confused as to what was going on. Sarah sat beside her husband on a throne equal to his own watching the whole ordeal. Both of them were dressed in full royal regalia including their crowns something Demetrius rarely wore unless he believed it was necessary. Sarah watched and listened in silence as her husband questioned Herrera and Stephen about the altercation.

"This is a church matter. I don't see why we even have to discuss this here." Herrera complained. Ignoring him Demetrius turned to Stephen who seemed so humble and plain in comparison to Herrera in his fine clothes. Demetrius asked Stephen, "Did you understand that this man would insist on you're being punished for your interference?"

"I did my lord. I accept the consequences of my actions and whatever punishment that is to come as a result of them." Stephen replied his face so calm and serene. Demetrius had seen that face before in his years in Japan. It was worn by a man who had accepted his death and no longer feared it. He had rarely seen it since then and was intrigued to see it now. In all the other cases it had been warriors that had demonstrated this trait in his experience not a priest who had probably never faced death on a battlefield. Curious Demetrius wanted to know more. "Even if it would mean torture and even the loss of your life?" Demetrius asked testing him so he could hear what Stephen actually thought. "Forgive me my lord Emperor as the honorable Inquisitor Herrera has said it is a church matter and there is no need for you to trouble yourself." Stephen said refusing to answer. Demetrius refused to let him off so easy. "I have one more question for you. Why would you risk your life for someone who may never accept the Christian faith?" Demetrius asked.

"Again forgive me for my rudeness my liege but many said that you would not convert, but were they not proven wrong? From what I can see you are a man seeking after God as we all should. My own reason is simply this: For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that all might enter the kingdom of Heaven. It does not say in the Bible that we should persecute other men for their beliefs, but instead embrace them with the love of God. Though the man I defended may or may not believe it, we have the same worth in the eyes of God our creator, and holy father. Jewish or Christian we are his creations no matter what we believe in. I would not see an innocent man suffer while I could stop it no matter what it may cost me." Stephen said. Demetrius nodded at this secretly admiring his conviction. In these dark times such an individual was a miracle in itself. In Demetrius' opinion it was God's way of showing that he was still here and he still cared about his creations. Now it was time to turn his attention to the inquisitor and the source of the problem.

"Inquisitor Herrera you have persecuted a non-Christian perfectly aware of the laws here against such a thing. How do you plead?" Demetrius asked looking at him. "I answer only to God and to Rome not any earthly ruler. You have no power over me." Herrera said indignantly causing the Emperor's eyes to narrow dangerously as he fixed him with a cold stared that bored through him.

"By the same power I used to bring you here I can also use to take your life, so watch your tongue." Demetrius said with steely emphasis watching Herrera gulp in fear. "As far as I am concerned this young priest has chosen to serve God by offering his life out of love for another person, and for God's glory. He has done this despite the risk to himself while you have chosen to judge a stranger and sentence him to death. Does it not say in the Bible "Judge not yest ye be judged"? However you judge another of his creations in the form of humans that is how God shall judge you. Return to your master in Rome, and tell your Lord Pope this: None of his servants shall enter the Holy Roman Empire to stir up any further trouble. If they should enter from this day forward they will obey the laws of this land or be subject to our punishments. If they come in peace they shall be welcomed in peace, but there will be no more Inquisition in any of the lands that I rule. Offenders will be thrown in prison with the other common criminals until I see fit to release them. I spare you now though I should make an example of you so that the Pope may have a human voice speak that which I will send him in a letter." Demetrius said, "Stephen Vonberge step forward." Confused Stephen did as he was told. "Is it your only wish to serve the Lord our God faithfully?" Demetrius asked. "Yes sire it is." Stephen responded.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.