Kenshiro Hidori - Cover

Kenshiro Hidori

Copyright© 2006 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 2

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 2 - This story is about a young man dreaming of what would happen if he could fight in the battles of the past. Offered a place in a strange but real game he is given that chance. In this separate time how will history look on him. Will he be a hero or a man quickly forgotten?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Superhero  

It was the custom of the Roman Empire to train a number of its citizens and inhabitants to be soldiers from all over the empire, including the conquered nations under its rule. Kenshiro Hidori had settled in Thebes at the time, and was chosen to join a group that was being formed from those that resided there. Though an able soldier Kenshiro proved to be more of a problem than the Romans had realized at first. Due to his lack of respect of the Roman conquerors and their rules, he had the habit of challenging others that offended him to duels despite protocol dictating otherwise. This was problem and was greatly magnified by the fact he did this indiscriminately regardless of rank and class. Most of the time the rest of the troops he might come in contact with Kenshiro backed out of the duel. The decision was largely due to common knowledge that it would probably end in their death. Unfortunately the son of a prominent Roman general chose not to believe this. The mistake in judgment cost him his life and when his father heard about it Kenshiro, who had taken on the name his Greek neighbors had given him Pysus Tiphonus was sold into slavery as punishment. Normally he would have been executed except for the circumstances. The young man had been a willing participant in the duel and an owner named Othen was looking for a skilled new gladiator. When he heard about Pysus' reputation he used all his influence with the local governor to secure his purchase.

Pysus found himself heading to the outskirts of Rome to a well respected gladiator school. Fighting and training as a gladiator Pysus truly enjoyed himself more than ever before in his entire life, training there he became more alive than he had ever felt. It was not the idea of participating in a blood sport that caused this reaction, but the challenge. Pysus for the first time was tested. On the battlefield one could fight as one wished to ensure survival. In training as a gladiator however skill was paramount and technique was far more important.

Pysus reveled in the experience as his physique became more toned and he perfected his skills. He did not complain if one of his instructors admonished him verbally or physically if he did not move quick enough which rarely happened. Eventually instead of chastising him they marveled at his improvement. Once Pysus had learned the sword and the dagger he wanted to learn the other weapons. His goal seemed be to master every weapon taught to the other gladiators.

Othen saw great potential in the young warrior. The crowd at his first arena bout cheered as he bested three other gladiators at once, an act almost unheard of in the history of the arena. Watching the same thing Othen saw something he had not realized. He thought the bout would prove a true challenge for Pysus, but it did not. Pysus like a reaper in the field was in his element. He was a different caliber of combatant then any of his foes. You might train a thousand gladiators and maybe if you were lucky you might have one like him. That was how rare he was and also hard to maintain. Most could be controlled by offering them beautiful women which Pysus enjoyed but would hardly entice his obedience. In the end it was his training that provided the solution as Othen came to discover. Pysus enjoyed learning knew fighting styles and weapons or using styles of fighting the crowd had never seen before that he already knew. At great expense Othen had acquired Pysus' strange looking sword. It was some sort of blade from the far east where Pysus was then called by another name had originally come from.

In the arena Pysus showed how it could prove deadly against a lightly armored opponent. In his first encounter he killed another gladiator as he charged drawing his sword from its sheath. In one quick yet graceful movement he beheaded the man while slightly sidestepping out of the way of his opponent's sword. For a few moments the audience sat in a state of shock. At first none could fathom what they had just seen. Then when they did there was a roar like thunder as they clapped and cheered. Pysus had to admit the effect was quite addictive. By his very nature Pysus was a man who could easily kill another combatant. He did not hesitate when the moment came or the time leading up to the moment. For him it was simply a way of living. As far as he was concerned it was just another battlefield though in his mind much cleaner then any he had seen.

Pysus had seen how the corpse of the dead could litter the ground here sand soaked it up so when you returned perhaps a day or two afterwards it seemed perfectly clean. Also it appeared to be quite fair even if you lost if the crowd liked you there was the chance to live another day.

This became the pattern of Pysus' life. Soon his name spread throughout the empire and many came to see him. One night as he trained Pysus noticed a strange woman watching him as he practiced. Tired and sweaty from hours of practice he tried to ignore her but it was no use. He could feel her eyes still on him. Annoyed he turned around he stared right back at her defiantly.

Turning to Othen Pysus' owner the woman said, "This one seems different from the others." Looking at Pysus from their position just inside the front gate Othen replied, "That is is Pysus. He has never truly been tamed." Julia's eyes grew wide with surprise as she asked, "This is the famous gladiator Pysus?"

Smiling with pride Othen said, "He is my lady. The finest gladiator I have ever seen in all my years of training. He came here already an excellent fighter. Now he is a superb one, a testament to skill and courage. Sadly one day he will leave."

"I'm afraid I don't understand." Julia said. Watching as Pysus returned to practicing with the gladius the roman sword Othen said, "His kind leave the arena in one of two ways either the crowd grants him their freedom or when he has killed enough his owner lets him go. The reason Pysus is so good is not simply his skill it's his spirit. You should have seen it. Pysus stood before three men each was armed with the gladius just like him. Every one expected him to back up into a defensive posture, but he didn't. The man attacked first throwing the other gladiators off balance. He slew one before the others knew what was happening. Only then did he take up the defensive which further confused his opponents. When one of them finally attacked he went into a roll slashing the man's thigh. The hobbled man fell forward under his own weight. The second tried to press his advantage, but found there was none as Pysus' sword came up to block his stab. Throwing a punch into the other man's groin he forced the other man back. In pain the other gladiator tried to fend him off but was soon slaughtered as he overstepped and was impaled on Pysus' sword. The surviving man was killed quickly and mercifully a stabbing wound that separated his spine just below the neck."

"It sounds remarkable." Julia said looking at the gladiator before her in awe. "But true my lady. Pysus was a soldier once and had it not been for his defiance toward his roman superiors at the time he might have risen high in the roman ranks. It is a story that most roman soldiers know. In a duel he killed the son of a high ranking general. Though I imagine that general will soon retire he made sure to make Pysus pay for his son's death. That is why he is here now. Thankfully that defiance as cooled greatly since he arrived. It proved to be my only major difficulty with him. Now Pysus is a professional pure and simple. Too much pride has no place in the arena it makes a man stupid and off balance." Othen said.

"Tell me more about your star pupil." Julia said showing her interest with a smile. "Very well lady, notice his eyes." Othen said gesturing towards Pysus. Focusing her attention on his eyes she noticed something she had never seen. "They are slanted." Julia said surprised. "That's right Lady Julia. Pysus is not originally from Greece. I have made it a point to learn all I could about him. I even contacted his former commander. Pysus himself came from one of the lands to the far east. This explains much about his behavior and fighting style. Like our gladiators here his people encourage personal skill over teamwork. This makes them superior fighters one on one or even against a number of adversaries, but in the end in warrior such that would be defeated in the end because teamwork will eventually overcome them. Pysus when he arrived adapted himself to our fighting style which took time. This is a very valuable trait that few work to achieve. I submit to you that he has made it a point to learn much of our tactics from what few writings I can obtain for him." Othen said.

"He wants to rejoin the army." Julia said with sudden clarity on the subject. "Yes he does, despite what happened to him he wants to rejoin. I have seen many men in my life in and out of the arena. I can say honestly I have never seen a gladiator so determined to gain his freedom and return to fighting in an army. Usually they find some other more peaceful vocation. The more I learn of Pysus the more I am impressed. If he were given a chance I believe he could command the respect of many men, and make the enemies of Rome tremble." Othen said. "You believe in him that much?" Julia asked.

"Look at him lady, search his eyes and you will see the truth. Those are not the eyes of a slave but of a conqueror. One who is waiting for his opportunity." Othen said. Normally Julia would have discounted this as a gladiator owner's attempt to gain favor by offering her his finest fighter for her betting, but Othen had never struck her as that type of man. It was true his sage advice had helped her choose the fighter most likely to win many times and that very fighter usually won, but this was different. For the first time she could actually hear the excitement in his voice.

Julia decided it was time for her to meet this man. When she asked Othen if it was safe to do so he said, "Yes, Pysus has never attacked an unarmed person. However if you are carrying a weapon man or woman that is a different story. In his home country he was named Kenshiro Hidori a noble man and warrior. His honor code forbids him to attack someone that cannot possibly fight back he considers it shameful."

Bearing this in mind Julia approached Pysus. As she drew close though Pysus' back was to her he stopped and turned around. "What brings a noble woman to this place?" Pysus asked his eyes taking in her Roman clothing. Julia had to work to calm her body's reaction to this man. Sweat glistening on his massive muscles Pysus seemed larger than life. As he drew close Julia found she could not breathe. Julia tried desperately to direct her eye sight from his athletic form. "Is there a problem lady?" Pysus asked his face showing concern at her inability to breathe normally.

Finally breaking her eyes away she spoke her eyes directed downward. "I must be tired it was a long walk. I prefer not to be carried by a litter but my father has insisted on it recently. It has been a long time since I have had some exercise." Julia said trying to move to a stool setup near a building. Unfortunately her legs still a little weak collapsed under her. Pysus quickly moved to catch her lifting her up Pysus carried her to the stool setting her down. "It seems your body is indeed unaccustomed to it." Pysus said. As he drew close to take a better look at her condition Julia bent forward pressing her lips to his. Surprised by her own reaction she pulled away embarrassed she had taken advantage of the opportunity. Julia though quite attractive was not a great beauty. How could she think that she might have a chance with him?

Julia was about to be shocked again as Pysus pressed his lips to her's. Pulling her close he felt Julia melt in his arms. Pysus seemed reluctant to end their embrace. If Julia didn't feel weak in the knees before she definitely was now.

"I don't even know your name." Pysus said as they ended their kiss. Looking into his deep brown eyes Julia answered, "I am Julia Caesar daughter of Julius Caesar." Pysus recognized the name raising an eyebrow he said, "Your father would be very upset to find you talking to a common gladiator instead of his rival Pompeii whom you are betrothed to."

Julia saw that Pysus was full of surprises. Her father had kept their intended betrothal a secret. "How did know about that?" Julia asked trying to hide her shock. Smiling confidently Pysus replied, "I am not a fool Julia. Your father hopes by making Pompeii his son in law that it will make him his ally instead of his enemy. It makes sense politically for him for it would make a powerful enemy a useful ally. The problem it is doomed to fail. Pompeii like your father is a man of great ambition. Confrontation between the two is inevitable. One day they will meet on the battlefield against each other and one of them must fall. The winner shall be named Emperor of the Roman Empire."

"Would you back one of them or would you create your own army and fight against both?" Julia asked. Why she asked this question she did not know. "I would probably back your father but not before guarantying myself a respected place in the empire." Pysus said.

"What about your family?" Julia asked. This was an idea Pysus had never considered before. Granted he had tried to make time for his wife and child in his former life, but it had never been his focus. As Shogun this had been understandable. There were simply too many possible threats to watch. Now for the first time Pysus was forced to consider which one would be his focus family or the battlefield.

"I have no family. What relatives I might have are far to the east." Pysus said. "So you have no one to protect? No one to care for?" Julia asked. Most people in the senate and ruling body might have considered her father power hungry, but none could deny Julius Caesar had never sacrificed his family. When a rival had told him to divorce his wife or face political and perhaps personal destruction Julius had refused. In a way Pysus reminded Julia of her father's strength. There was that same caring look in his eyes much like her father's in those few moments father and daughter were alone. The only difference was Pysus had never truly been forced to make that decision.

"I have no one but myself. All my life I have served the needs of other men and my own ambition. At times I will turn aside to aid loved ones, but mostly I seek to show my worth." Pysus replied his heart lay bare. Reaching out Julia grasped his hands saying, "If it one thing I have learned in my short time in the world, it is that you must have something greater than yourself to believe in. For me it is family. How does it help to conqueror entire nations with no one to share it with? When you die what will you leave behind? Will it be ashes or a new beautiful life? For me Pysus that is children. A child's memory is more detailed and long lasting than any scroll or printed manuscript. What is more their living memory can be passed down. When centuries have past they will call you their kin and will be honored to be your descendants. What is greater legacy is there in the whole world?"

Julia words gripped Pysus' soul and held him fast. Never had he considered such things. "Would you marry a gladiator a slave?" Pysus asked a strange new hope rising in his heart. Perhaps here was an opportunity to try something new, a challenge that would test his very mettle. How he desired this woman and wanted her to be his wife. "I would marry you Pysus and whatever name you choose to call yourself. For in truth you are the most fascinating man I have ever met. What I have I seen of you and heard spoken from your lips already has caught my attention and I cannot look away. I must see the great things you will accomplish, and if at all possible take part in them." Julia said.

Drawing her close Pysus replied, "And so you shall." As he pressed his lips to hers Julia was at peace for finally she had found a husband that would strive to be a great father. Thus it was that Pysus Tiphonus also named Kenshiro Hidori came to be married to Julia Caesar. There wedding was small and including only a few close friends Julius himself did not come to see them wed.

Immediately heading off to join his new father-in-law and his army Pysus was followed by Julia. Pysus knew that Caesar was not impressed with his reputation in the arena. He saw him as an upstart foreigner. Pysus had gained citizenship and with his wife's help bought enough rank to command his own army. Raising a Greek, Jew, and Macedonian army he moved to join Caesar.

Once in Gaul he set about making a name for himself. Pysus and his army quickly gained great renown in a series of victories. Even Caesar was forced to recognize this new force aided him greatly in his conquests. Pysus was free with the gold his men captured giving each their share keeping little for himself. The Macedonians and Greeks loved their commander for there was nothing he would not do for them. Macedonians, Greeks and Jews all over the empire hailed him as their hero.

The reason why his army were so successful was that Pysus had chosen the finest men first. Unlike the Roman's who were usually chosen from ordinary men, Pysus chose to first draft Olympian athletes even a few gladiators molding them into well trained units he taught them to fight like Romans. Milking the strength of the Greeks he revived the Hoplites: foot soldiers in heavy armor. With the Macedonians he brought back their cavalry. The Jews he mixed in with the rest treating them as equals.

As the victories of his son-in-law began to mount Caesar decided it was high time that the two men met. Pysus was not what Julius Caesar expected as Pysus entered Caesar's tent. Dressed in the armor of a common cavalryman of Thebes before they were conquered by the Romans he stood out from the other generals. What was more unlike other generals he rarely took his armor off. Pysus' hair was cut short to just above the shoulders his muscular form put other generals to shame.

"You called for me Caesar?" Pysus asked. Turning away from the map laying on table in the middle of the tent Caesar smiled saying, "You are proving to be one of my most valuable supporters in this conquest."

"Thank you sir I was not aware you thought of me well." Pysus said. Nodding Caesar replied, "I must admit I was not in favor of my daughter's marriage with you. But after seeing the results of your army I am very impressed."

"Well Caesar now that I have gained your favor may I ask for your assistance on a matter?" Pysus said. "Of course by all means Pysus." Caesar said not fully understanding what he meant as he offered him a seat. "In our last battle my second in command fell to an enemy arrow. I do not think it would be wise to again engage the enemy without a replacement for him." Pysus said.

"I have a few Roman officers in mind." Caesar said. "I mean no disrespect Caesar but I believe it would be best if the officer were not Roman. My troops in general are not Roman and prefer a person who is not Roman to lead them." Pysus said.

"Yes, I believe I see your point. Very well, another officer comes to mind that might suit you. His name is Baruch he is a Jew. A promising young cavalry officer he is due for advancement, unfortunately not all my countrymen think of foreigners very highly." Caesar replied. "If he carries your seal of approval I would be happy to have him." Pysus said.

"Excellent, I'll have him sent to you. Now I have another matter to discuss." Caesar said. Bowing Pysus replied, "By all means Caesar." Moving back to the map Caesar motioned him forward. Taking a look at it Pysus heard Caesar say, "At this rate we will soon conquer Gaul. After that I have a new conquest to consider. Britain is close enough that with a few ships we can sail there and land. Our forces will converge and decimate them."

"Forgive me noble Caesar but should we not instead attempt to attack from the north and south?" Pysus said pointing to the map, "If you land your forces to the south I can come in from the north. Our enemies would find themselves trapped between to great armies with nowhere to run. If trouble should arise you can easily escape by the ships that would bring us there."

"Retreat, why?" Caesar asked in disbelief. "I am simply being cautious. If a revolt should arise among the Gauls or the Britans prove too difficult to subdue it does not hurt to have a plan of escape. It does not mean we will ever use it. I am confident that in a relatively short time Britain can be conquered. Especially with the Great Caesar to see it through." Pysus said.

Looking over the map Caesar saw little problem with the plan. He had also noticed that Pysus was making a noticeable effort to feed his ego. This did not match the behavior he had been told Pysus had displayed before becoming a gladiator. His former commander had described him saying that he was man who rarely offered a compliment. Caesar hid a smile as thought of how much Pysus had learned in such a short time. He had begun to think politically. No doubt Julia had helped him prepare for a meeting with his father-in-law.

"Tell me something Pysus and speak truthfully what would you do if the only thing that stood between you, and ruling an empire were a few rivals? What would you do?" Caesar asked. "Simple, I would crush them." Pysus said. Caesar began to laugh at this response until he saw the look on Pysus' face. "You're serious." Caesar said barely able to hide how surprised he was by this response. "Of course. You of all people have seen what I am capable of." Pysus said. As Caesar thought about the young man's answer he did not doubt it. Caesar began to wonder if Pysus considered him a rival. Fighting such a man might prove too costly more so than Caesar was prepared to deal with.

Recalling one story a trusted officer had told him about an instance when a larger group of Gauls attacked Pysus and his personal guard. Instead of fleeing like anyone would have expected when facing certain death Pysus charged. Slaughtering most of his enemies in a matter moments first with the bow he carried in his saddle, afterwards with his sword. He was like a wolf among sheep or a reaper in a field of wheat. The survivors fled in terror hoping not to join their comrades in death. Such a man was dangerous indeed Caesar thought.

Few could know the mind of Caesar a proud man he hid his emotions well, but not well enough for Pysus. As Kenshiro Hidori the samurai he had seen many such men. The key was to look for the signs each man gave that told their emotional state. Through this acquired skill Pysus saw Caesar's fear, and moved to ease it. "I would never consider you a rival Caesar. Rather you might yet be a fine teacher, and a good ally. Besides we are now family you and I. Your daughter is my wife and that will forever bind our destinies together." Pysus said.

"Men of great vision and strength can do many things when their strength combined few can stop them." Caesar said. To further insure future peace between them Caesar and Pysus made a pact. Caesar would never attack Pysus and Pysus would never attack Caesar. Both knew that if the pact were ever broken the other man would destroy them either by his own doing or softening him up for the next rival to finish him. In the following days each added their strength to the other. Even when Julia died giving birth to Titus Quietus Tiphonus both men stopped their conquest only to pay their proper respects to her. Though Pysus mourned her passing most of all he had a son now. A child he was determined to provide a great future for. Leaving the child in Rome where he would be safe under the watchful eye of his grandmother Caesar's wife, Pysus returned to join Caesar in attacking Britainia.

During the first part of their conquest Caesar's forces faced great losses from the Britons chariots. Pysus himself had found them to be a great irritation and took steps to eliminate them. Leading a small group of cavalry Pysus simulated a scouting party acting as a forward observer for his army. The Britons seeing his standard saw the opportunity to kill an enemy general and took it. Thinking he was an overconfident conqueror they sent forth in their chariots to chase him down. Retreating Pysus and his men took the long way around back towards where their enemy had last reported his army, as if he did not know the lay of the land. This was a common problem for the invaders as they did not generally know the short cuts the native peoples did.

Fleeing into the woods Pysus waited until they drew close. Then he ordered one of horsemen with a bow to fire a flaming arrow as the signal. Infantry hidden in the woods charged the chariots while a larger cavalry force circled in from the rear. They had remained hidden behind one of the nearby hills waiting for the signal. The ambush decimated the Britons' chariots never again would they prove a significant threat to Pysus or Caesar. Pysus then moved his forces forward virtually unhindered.

Facing two overwhelming forces the Britons were defeated. Caesar with the assistance of Pysus who always gave Caesar the glory gained fame for Rome. When revolts arose in Gaul each army left a garrison behind and crossed the channel to meet the rebels. Trouncing the rebels they set about touring Gaul, while from the south came news of Caesar's enemies in the senate had begun conspiring against him. Slowly he made his way towards Italy not rushing to meet the confrontation that was brewing. Taking care of matters of state and gathering support he continued on his journey south.

Caesar not wanting civil war took steps to diffuse the growing unrest in Rome. Members of the Senate illegally gave Pompeii power against Caesar as a precaution should he refuse their following order. Sending a message to Caesar who was camped to the North of Rome they gave him a date to give up his office. The date given would force him out office before the next election. It was the final blow in a series of political maneuvers to oust Caesar from any chance at power in the Roman government. Seeing war as a forgone conclusion he with Pysus in close support moved to the Rubicon. Mark Anthony and Quintus Cassius Longinus joined Caesar before they crossed the small stream. From there the two men Caesar learned the details of what had transpired. Using this information Caesar tried to give himself some moral high ground by saying that his enemies had not supported the rights of the Tribunes guaranteed in the government. Taking a short time to think of his next move and make preparations Caesar and his supporters crossed the Rubicon. Caesar quickly took Ariminum a major coastal city in Italy. This was part of a plan to help scare his enemies. Pompey immediately left Rome in a short time afterward citizens in the countryside overran the city. Most of the senate and Consul fled Rome. After this Pompey and Caesar sent messages to each other trying to negotiate, but when the senate made clear they had little respect for Caesar he sent out Mark Anthony and his troops and capture three more cities. Caesar was making clear he was serious.

As more men flocked to Caesar's banner the Consuls hearing of this news fled without taking the treasury. As more of Caesar's soldiers arrived he prepared to meet the first real resistance from Domitius Aenobarbus. This was the man the Consuls had chosen to replace Caesar in Gaul. Domitius had a sizeable force given to him by Pompey. Pysus had chosen to simply support Caesar each of these confrontations trusting in Caesar's military genius and wanting to keep this mainly a Roman affair. Domitius tried to send a number of his troops to burn a bridge to slow Caesar. His men were beaten back into the nearby city by Caesar's scouts. The local countryside allowed the chance to pin down Caesar's forces so Domitius sent word to Pompeii asking for help. While this was happening Caesar gained even more troops. Pysus chose now to pull back his force so they could still support Caesar but make it more difficult for Domitius and Pompeii to locate them. This made it look like Pysus was leaving Caesar behind as if he were not needed. Pompeii sent word to Domitius refusing to send aide and that he had foolishly trapped himself. Pompeii was now trying to find where Pysus' army had disappeared to before he made his move. Caesar tried to use non-violent means convince the local magistrates that they were fighting on the wrong side as he lay siege to the town Domitius was defending. The town quickly surrendered and Domitius was captured.

Hoping to abandon Italy and continue this war in the east while his legions stationed in Spain held off Caesar, Pompeii moved to Dyrrhachium with the Consuls and most of his army. Pompeii was easily outnumbered by Caesar's army alone not to mention Pysus' army. Caesar again tried to talk things out with Pompeii but he refused. Continuing to move forward Caesar tried to trap Pompeii in a harbor, but Pompeii escaped after brilliantly delaying Caesar in taking Brundisium. Caesar marched to Spain with Pysus acting as the rearguard to attack a leaderless force there. First stopping in Rome to gain money to support his army he continued on his march.

On the way he stopped again at Massilia which had not only gone over to Pompeii side but also was capable of defending itself. Pysus helped Caesar build twelve ships in thirty days on the Rhone River. After his army did some fighting in the nearby passes in the mountains Caesar placed Decimus Brutus in command of the siege. Caesar sped towards Spain with only nine hundred cavalrymen to guard him. Caesar a great tactician won against the Spanish army with little bloodshed. In the end Pompeii's generals surrendered after he cut off their supply lines. Eventually even Marcos Varro the last resistance in Spain was forced to surrender. Spain now belonged to Caesar. Returning to Rome he restored what he had taken from the treasury. Moving about his conquered territories Caesar secured his holdings. When he received news that he was named dictator of the Roman Empire Pysus congratulated him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.