Mercado Lake - Cover

Mercado Lake

Copyright© 2006 by Tallorder64

Chapter 5

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Bob Long helps a woman that had hit a deer in a snow storm. He finds that she needs help with more than her car.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Slow  

Ann opened the door and invited Sam into the house. Sam put his arm around Ann's shoulder and hugged her tightly for a minute.

"I've got to thank you for helping out with my mother. I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for you. My mother's life these past two years have been very pleasant for her. She was very happy having you and Brenda here. It gave her life some purpose.

Ann ushered Sam into the kitchen and poured him a cup of coffee. Sam took the coffee and they sat at the kitchen table.

"Ann, I guess you know that my mother thought the world of you and Brenda and I do too. Again, I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come along. I guess you know that I have to sell the house to settle the estate. I just can't keep it with living in California. My mother insisted on putting you in her will. I don't know if she ever discussed her finances with you, but she never had to worry about money. My father was pretty well off when he died. Rosie left you $50,000 in her will. It will take a while to sell the house so you won't have to move for a while. I'm going to continue to pay your salary until you find a place. That's the least I can do for what you've done for my mother. She had a very fine life since you came to live with her. Do you have any idea what you are going to do?"

Ann shook her head. She was having trouble speaking. She had no idea that Rosie was going to leave her so much money.

"I really don't know Sam. This is the only job I've had since college. I don't think many companies would have a position for a housewife. I've always wanted to have my own business. Maybe I'll check around to see what's available."

"Well if you need any help getting into a new place let me know," Sam said. "If you need any help with financing let me know. I really don't need the money from the estate and I can lend you the money if you can find a small business that you think would be right for you."

Ann shifted uneasily in her chair, "I think that you and Rosie have done enough for Brenda and me. I shudder to think where we'd be if Rosie had turned us down."

"Nonsense Ann. Think about it. You've never had a job. You don't have any collateral. Banks are a lot more stringent with business loans then a residential loan. Believe me, I want to help you get set up. I owe you, big time. It will be an investment for me. If you feel uneasy with not paying interest, I'll charge you what ever the residential mortgage rate is. We'll put it in the contract that anyone who buys the business from you can assume the loan. That will make it easier to get out when you feel it's time."

Tears came to Ann's eyes. She knew that this was too good a deal to pass up and that she would never have been able to really go into business for herself without Sam's help. She just nodded her head, the lump in her throat kept her from answering out loud.

Sam was an old softy and when he saw the tears in Ann's eyes he began to fidget in his chair. He stood up and thanked Ann again and headed for the door. He told Ann that he and his family would be going back home in two days and asked the she take care of a few items around the house to help make it ready for real estate buyers. He told her that he would make sure that there was enough money in the account to pay any subcontractors. He told her again, as he walked out the door, that he wanted to help her get set up in some kind of business and offered to give her any advice that she needed.

The next several days were spent touching up some areas that needed a coat of paint, having the gutters cleaned out, having the furnace tuned-up and making sure that the house looked a nice as possible. At night she would look in the classified of the newspaper for businesses for sale. The few that sounded promising turned out to be dogs on closer inspection.

About three weeks after the house was listed with a real estate agent she received a full-price contract on the house. Settlement was proposed to occur in ninety days. She called Sam and read him the terms of the contract

"Have you been able to find a place to live yet?' Sam asked, "How is your search going for the business?

"I really haven't been putting too much time into finding a place to live these past few weeks with the real estate agent bringing people by," Ann said. "Most of the businesses that I've looked at would be better off going out of business, no one could save them."

Sam paused a minute, "How about the settlement date? Do you think that will be a problem for you?"

"I guess that it will have to be alright," Ann said, "I wouldn't want to hold up on the sale of the house."

"Nonsense Ann," Sam snorted, "I won't let you down. If you haven't found anyplace by the time settlement occurs we'll find you a place. What a minute! I know a commercial real estate agent that might know of a business that would suit you. Let me get in touch with him tomorrow and I'll have him get in touch with you."

Ann agreed to talk with the real estate agent and Sam thanked her for her help in selling the house and hung up.

The next day the real estate agent that Sam knew contacted her and made an appointment to talk to her. He questioned her, over the phone, as to her needs and experience and told her that he would bring a list of small businesses with him that he thought she might be interested in. Ann made an appointment for the next evening. She checked the classified before she went to bed but there were no small businesses that she would consider. Most of the listings were bars and carryouts.

The next evening the real estate agent showed up at 7:00 o'clock. Brenda had fallen asleep on the couch so Ann asked that they sit at the kitchen table.

After some small talk the agent introduced himself, "Mrs. Simmons, my name is Ed Hawley. I talked to Sam yesterday and he told me that financing was no problem so that does away with the major obstacle to getting you into a business. I have several small businesses that are making a decent profit but to be honest, most of them are a bit over priced. Just what are you looking for, something to build or an existing business that will support you almost immediately."

"I will need some income right away," Ann said, "I know that narrows the field and raises the price right away but I don't have any other income."

"Where are you going to be living after you move out of this house?" Ed asked.

Ann hesitated before answering, "I don't know. That's another problem. I'm going to have to find an apartment besides looking for a business."

Ed looked at her and thought for a minute. He reached into his briefcase and pulled out his pocket computer and started punching keys. It was several minutes before he spoke to Ann again.

"Hum, Mrs. Simmons I think that I might have something that might interest you and solve your housing problems also. There's a florist shop that just came on the market today. It's an estate sale and the kids are anxious to sell because they all live out of state. The floral arraigner is running the business right now and she will stay on as an employee. There's also a two-bedroom apartment above the shop that is rented out month to month. The florist shop has been profitable but the floral arraigner doesn't have the fire in her belly that an owner does nor does she have the money to buy the business. I think that this would be great for you. It's a high profit business and your little girl can go to school from the shop and the bus will drop her off in front of the shop in the afternoon. The shop is open from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. so you'd be able to spend the time with Brenda that she needs."

Ann started to grin, "What are they asking for the business?"

Ann held her breath until Ed answered, "Let's see... The kids are asking $250,000 for the property and business. They just want to get out of this as clean as possible. They want a fast sale. Is it something that you'd like to see?"

Ann smiled and nodded her head. She questioned Ed Hawley about the business but he had little information other than the listing info. Ann had Ed call and make an appointment to go through the books and to see the shop in operation.

The next day Ed Hawley took Ann and Brenda to see the shop. They received permission from the renters to look at the apartment also. Ann saw right away that the shop needed cleaning and some minor cosmetic improvements and the apartment was in need of a thorough cleaning as a single young man was renting the apartment.

Ann poured over the books and saw that the business was profitable, though the profits had dropped off since the owner had died and the employee had started running the business. She calculated the profits as compared to the financing and saw that she could support herself and still satisfy the mortgage.

Ann went back to the shop after Ed Hawley went back to his office and she looked over the operation again. The young man poked his head out of the door of the apartment and asked if he could speak with Ann for a minute. She waited while he walked down the stairs.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.