Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top - Cover

Intemperance, Volume 2 - Standing On Top

Copyright© 2006 by Al Steiner

Chapter 3b

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3b - The continuing adventures of Jake Kingsley, Matt Tisdale, Nerdly Archer, and the other members of the rock band Intemperance. Now that they are big successes, pulling in millions of dollars and known everywhere as the band that knows how to rock, how will they handle their success? This is not a stand-alone novel. If you haven't read the first Intemperance you will not know what is going on in this one.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Cheating  

Michelle Rourke became a media sensation over the next week. Her article was reprinted in several mainstream publications and she herself was the most-requested guest on the talk show circuit. She appeared on several of these shows, telling her tale in television acceptable language, always seeming to be the shy, nervous, unassuming little Catholic girl with a horrific story to convey. She always managed to get a dig in about the evils of rock and roll music and how the recent rating system imposed by the PMRC did not go nearly far enough.

"Music such as that produced by Jake Kingsley and Intemperance is nothing but evil personified," she told an NBC talk show early in the week. "It is horribly corrupting upon the youth of America and it should be banned from sale like the pornography that it is."

Pauline released Jake's official statement to the media at a brief press conference held outside the National Records Building. Jake Kingsley denies ever hitting a woman, ever raping a woman, and ever abusing a woman in any way. He acknowledged that a relationship had indeed taken place between himself and Michelle Borrows (now Rourke), and that it lasted approximately fifteen months, but that everything else about the article was a complete falsehood. It was obvious that very few people believed his denials.

Reporters mobbed him on Wednesday afternoon when he arrived at the National Records building for a meeting called by Steve Crow. They shoved microphones in his face, snapped pictures of him, and demanded over and over that he tell them how many times he'd hit her, if he had ever tried to contact after throwing her in the river, if his high-priced lawyers were the reason he was never arrested for the offense.

"No comment," he said, over and over as he linebacked his way through the crowd and into the building.

By the time he made it into Crow's office on the twelfth floor he was fuming and wishing for a drink. He glared at Crow as he walked in, his eyes shooting daggers at the A&R rep.

"Are you okay, Jake?" Crow asked, a bit nervously.

"How in the hell did those reporters know I was going to be showing up for a meeting here today?" he asked. "Did you tell them?"

Crow managed to do a credible job of looking surprised. "Reporters?" he asked. "Are there reporters downstairs? I have no idea who might've told them."

"Yeah right," Jake said, knowing that arguing the point with Crow would be a waste of time. "You got any beer in this place?"

"Uh... sure," said Crow, who knew that Jake, as well as the rest of the band, typically eschewed any form of intoxicating substances when they were in a meeting with the record company. He rang his secretary and told her to bring a Corona with a lime for Mr. Kingsley.

Jake drank it down while Matt, Bill, and Pauline came into the office one by one. All of them eyed the bottle in Jake's hand but said nothing. All of them had been subjected to reporter mobbing when they'd arrived as well. Crow offered the rest of them drinks and cocaine. All turned him down. Jake declined the offer of a second beer. That would have to wait for the limo drive back to his house.

"So what the fuck, Steve?" Matt asked when the meeting was called to order. "You made us burn a jam session so we could come meet with you. What's got your cock ring on so tight this time?"

Crow blinked a little. He was still not quite used to Matt's unique method of terming things. "Actually," he said, "I brought you here to share some good news with you. I've talked to Mr. Doolittle at length over the past few days and we've finally decided to grant one of the song requests you've been pushing so hard for ever since your first album."

"Oh?" said Jake. "And what might that be?"

"We want you to record It's In The Book for the next album. In fact, we strongly recommend that you make that particular tune the title cut of the album."

The three musicians and their manager all shared a knowing look with each other. It's In The Book, written by Jake back in the D Street West days, was a song that National had consistently vetoed and refused to accept as an Intemperance song on the grounds that it was too controversial since the subject matter was the negative passages in the bible. It was also the song that Michelle Rourke alluded to in her article — the one that finally gave her the courage to break up with Jake and bring Jesus back into her heart. Though there was no way Crow could know for sure that It's In The Book was, in fact, the song she mentioned — she hadn't named it after all — it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Michelle had mentioned an anti-biblical piece and It's In The Book was an anti-biblical piece — one of the few tunes in which the record company had actually guessed correctly about the meaning of the lyrics.

"Wow," Jake said, lighting a cigarette and dropping the match into Crow's pencil holder. "And what made you decide, just now, to finally allow us to record this song?"

"Yeah," said Matt. "I'm sure it has nothing to do with that article penned by that bible thumper bitch."

"Look, guys," Crow said. "I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass. Now that that article is out in print people will want to hear the song that finally made the little Catholic girl go back to Jesus. If we put it on the next album, use it as the title cut, and, most importantly, don't release it as a single, the album will sell like mad. It will probably go platinum in the first week."

"Uh huh," Jake said. "And how will people know that It's In The Book is the song Michelle was talking about?"

"We'll let it slip to the media about a month in advance of the album release," Crow said.

"No," Jake said. "Absolutely not. Maybe it's time that song was allowed to find it's way into the garbage bin. We've matured since then. We have a lot of better tunes developing now."

"Jake," Crow said, "let's be reasonable here. Didn't you always say that It's In The Book was one of the best tunes you ever wrote? You said that when we were putting together Balance and that was only a year ago."

"Look, Crow," Matt said. "I think it's a rockin' ass tune too. It was always one of my favorites that Jake did, but we don't want you using it as nothing but exploitation to sell albums. You go telling everyone that the tune is the one that convinced the bible-thumper bitch to break up with Jake no one will give a faggot's rimjob about what the true meaning of the song is."

"Who gives a shit what the true meaning of the song is?" Crow nearly screamed. "If you do what I say your next album will go platinum in a week! A week! Don't you understand what that means? Don't you realize what kind of royalty checks you would be looking at in the quarter that followed the release?"

"Our next album will go platinum no matter what," Jake said. "We don't do this for the shock value, as much as you like to think that we do. We do it because it's our music and we're proud of it. The money is nice, don't get me wrong on that, but we're not willing to sacrifice our integrity for money like you are."

"Try it once," Crow fumed. "You might like it."

The meeting was effectively over at this point. Under the old contract Crow and National Records could have forced Jake and Matt and the others to record It's In The Book because it was material that had been submitted on a demo to them and therefore their property. Although the song was still National's property the current contract gave the band (and the record company) veto power over any tune. There was no way Crow could compel them to record any song they did not wish to.


Los Angeles, California

February 18, 1987

7:30 PM

"Shall we commence with our pre-Grammy award party tradition?" Matt asked, breaking out two fat joints as the limousine pulled away from his Malibu beach house.

"Fuckin' A," Coop said, whipping out a Zippo lighter with the Intemperance logo stenciled upon it. "Let's burn them bad boys."

Janice Boxer, their publicity manager, and Steve Crow both rolled their eyes upward and shook their heads. It seemed that the band had not matured much since their last trip to the prestigious Hollywood party.

"Jake," Janice said, trying to appeal to his sense of decorum. "Do you really think that smoking weed on the way to the party is a good idea? Think of the impression your young lady friend will be making if she comes out reeking of cannabis."

"It's okay," Rachel said quietly, fussing with the hem of her skirt. "I don't mind."

Janice gave her an ugly look but let the subject lie. Coop and Matt each fired up a joint and began to pass them in opposite directions.

Jake took a large hit when the first one came his way and then patted Rachel on the leg. "You don't have to smoke any," he told her. "It can make you real uncomfortable in social situations if you're not used to it."

"No, it's okay," she said, plucking the joint from his fingers. "I've kinda gotten to like it."

"Well all right then," Jake said as she took a medium sized hit and held it in.

Rachel was looking particularly lovely on this night. After more than a week of sampling different dresses from more than two dozen dressmakers she had finally selected a maroon, sequined formal dress designed by Gianni Versace for the pre-Grammy party and a red strapless dress designed by Sergio Valenti for the awards ceremony itself. The Versace was backless and sleeveless, displaying an ample amount of her impressive cleavage — a cleavage made more alluring by the custom-designed push-up bra she wore beneath it. Her hair and make-up had been expertly applied by none other than Deloris Riolo — the band's hairdresser — who had been ecstatic to have an actual girl to work on for once instead of a scrungy musician.

The word that Jake was dating Rachel had already been leaked out to the media — probably by the Grammy committee, who had issued her invitation, or perhaps by an employee of one of the dressmaker companies. Reporters, once armed with Rachel's name and age, had quickly ferreted her address, telephone number, and employer out of whatever sources they maintained and had been hounding her ever since. They gathered in groups before her apartment, snapping pictures of her and shouting questions whenever she appeared. They showed up at Brannigan's, coming inside and demanding to know how she had met Jake, how long they had been dating, and, of course, how many times he had beaten and raped her. They had been up at the UCLA campus, interviewing her fellow students, her professors, the cafeteria workers, wanting to know if she ever showed up with mysterious bruises upon her, with black eyes, with broken bones. Did she ever start crying for no particular reason?

Rachel, understandably overwhelmed by all the attention, had been somewhat of a nervous wreck the past two weeks. The only statement she'd issued to them had been in the first days of the harassment when she'd proclaimed that, yes, she was dating Jake Kingsley, and that no, he had never beaten her or raped her. Her standard response since then had been the phrase that Jake and Pauline had drilled into her: No comment.

This did not stop them from tracking down Jo Ann, Rachel's mother, and Maureen, Rachel's roommate. To Jo Ann they asked how she could condone her only daughter going out with a perverted, violent, and satanic rock musician who had once snorted cocaine out of a girl's butt crack and thrown another girl into the Sacramento River for breaking up with him.

"I have seen no evidence that Jake is even remotely like the person you are describing," Jo Ann had stated for the record. "He has shown her nothing but kindness and has treated her like the lady she was raised to be for as long as I'm known him."

To Maureen, they asked if Rachel had ever come home bleeding or crying or if she'd ever had to take her to the hospital after one of her dates with Jake.

"She usually seems pretty happy when she comes home from a date with him," Maureen had responded. "In fact, I've never seen her as giddy before."

"So sometimes she doesn't come home happy?" one of the reporters asked. "Can you elaborate on those times?"

The intrusions did not end with harassing his girlfriend and her family and friends. On February 3 Jake put down $175,000 on his new house and entered a thirty-day escrow. The very next day there were articles in all the Los Angeles newspapers describing the house Jake was buying, including pictures of it. They published the address, how much he was paying for it, and his close of escrow date.

"How in the hell did they get all this information so fast?" Jake asked Pauline when the reporters began calling her later that day, asking for a statement in regards to some of the reactions Jake's future neighbors were having to the news.

"It's all public record," Pauline replied. "In a place like Los Angeles County I'm sure that every records clerk who works in real estate transactions, marriage licensing, death certificates, and a few other departments have arrangements to get little envelopes full of money from reporters whenever something interesting — like Jake Kingsley buying a house — comes drifting through their files."

The reaction of those future neighbors was quite similar to what it had been back in 1969 when the first black family purchased a house in the neighborhood. Neighbors began picketing out in front of the house, carrying signs that read things like: THIS IS A FAMILY NEIGHBORHOOD or DEATH METAL HAS NO PLACE IN MY BACKYARD or NO SATANIC RAPISTS HERE! The actual homeowner's association itself used the law firm they had on retainer to file for an injunction forbidding Jake from closing escrow on the house or to at least extend the escrow period while the legalities of the situation were worked out. The very shaky grounds for this were an obscure section of the CC&R for the neighborhood, which proclaimed that no house could be sold to a sexual deviant or someone with a felonious criminal record.

"It doesn't have a hope in hell of succeeding," Jake's father and sister both assured him. "That section of the CC&R are part of the leftovers from the forties when the neighborhood was first built. It's the part Congress struck down in the Fair Housing Act of 1968, the part they used to use to keep out blacks and Asians and Jews."

The homeowner's association, knowing that their legal argument would most likely fail, simultaneously tried a different tactic, this time without the advise of their attorney. They contacted the bank that was financing Jake's loan and threatened to organize a boycott against them unless they refused funding. They contacted the cardiac surgeon who was selling the house and threatened him with a similar boycott unless he pulled out of the deal. Before either of these entities had a chance to respond to these threats Pauline issued one of her own on her brother's behalf. She sent a letter to the bank and the surgeon explaining that if they were to withhold funding or try to pull out of the deal without just cause now that it was in escrow they would be guilty of violations of the Fair Housing Act. In the case of the bank they would be subjected to stiff financial penalties. In the case of the doctor, he would subject to monetary fines and potential criminal charges under federal law. She sent another letter to the homeowner's association itself informing them that their threats of boycotts to lending institutions and homeowners in order to foment discrimination against a home buyer constituted the most grave violations of the Fair Housing Act and that every signatory whose name appeared on their letter was subject to immediate arrest and trial under federal law if Mr. Kingsley, the bank, or the cardiac surgeon decided to press charges. When a quick consultation with their attorney informed them that Ms. Kingsley, attorney-at-law, was entirely correct in her assessment of their actions, they immediately dropped plans for a boycott and simply continued picketing and waiting for the official court decision on the matter.

And now Jake and Rachel were about to go right into the teeth of the lion. Hundreds of entertainment reporters would be present at the party they were attending and Jake had been forced to warn Rachel that they would try anything, do anything to elicit some kind of damning statement from her, up to an including sending an undercover reporter to befriend her and get her talking while her lips were loosened with alcohol.

"Are you ready for this?" he asked her as they pulled onto the Hollywood strip and headed for the Hollywood Hilton Hotel.

She was quite stoned, a goofy smile showing on her face. "Oh yes," she said. "Bring 'em on."

"That's the fuckin' spirit," Matt said, popping one of the roaches into his mouth and swallowing it. "If you have to say anything tell them how good Jake munches out your bearded clam. They'll be in awe of his skills and they won't be able to print it because it's too graphic."

Rachel, not realizing that Matt was entirely serious, burst out laughing at his advice. "You are one of a kind, Matt," she said. "Anyone ever told you that?"

"No," he said, downing the last of his Jack Daniels and Coke. "I've never heard that before."

They pulled up in front of the hotel and the driver opened the door for them. Once again they exited the limo in a billowing cloud of marijuana smoke and entered the building reeking of it. The reporters outside shouted questions at them, most having to do with the Michelle Rourke accusations. Jake did not even acknowledge their existence.

He could not avoid them inside the party however. It was less than ten minutes after their arrival, as they were still sipping on their first drink, that Allison Stone, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times entertainment department, intercepted them as they were making their way across the room.

"Jake, Ms. Madison, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"As long as your questions don't have anything to do with Michelle Rourke or her article," Jake replied.

Her face contorted a bit but she quickly got it under control. "I guess I can live with that," she said. She held her hand out to Rachel and introduced herself.

"I read your article all the time," Rachel told her. "It's very nice to meet you."

"Well thank you," she said. "If it's okay with you two, I'd just like to get some clarification on the details of your relationship."

"The details?" Rachel said, paling a bit as she imagined having to explain her blowjob experience.

"Uh... she means how we met and how long we've been going out and all that," Jake said.

"Oh... of course," Rachel responded. "I can do that."

They started with a brief biography of Rachel's life, mostly confirming information that was already out there — the spelling of her name, her date of birth, where she went to school, her major, where she worked. From there they went into the details of meeting Jake for the first time and the development of their romantic relationship from there. Rachel answered the questions as honestly and completely as she could, her answers well spoken and articulate. She told Allison that she had been attracted to Jake from the beginning but that he hadn't asked her out until after she'd broken things off with her previous boyfriend.

"So this all must seem kind of Cinderella-like to you," Allison said. "A normal, every day college student who suddenly find herself dating a famous musician and going to the Grammy Awards with him."

"It is quite the experience," she confirmed. "Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure this isn't all some elaborate dream I'm having."

Allison smiled. "You're on record as stating you do not believe the allegations made against Jake in the Catholic Monthly article that came out last month."

"I thought I told you not to go there," Jake said.

"I'm just confirming information that's already out there," Allison said.

"Jake tells me that article is a complete fabrication," Rachel said. "And I believe him, not just because he says so, but because I've been dating him now for a month and a half and I've seen no evidence whatsoever that he is capable of behaving that way."

"Good enough," she said, scrolling a note on her pad to go with the recording she was making of the conversation. "How about you, Jake? Were you attracted to Rachel from the start?"

Jake went over the story of their romance from his point-of-view, pretty much staying exactly aligned with her version. And, being the reporter that she was, she slowly edged the conversation back over to the Michelle Rourke article by approaching the subject from the flank instead of head on.

"I understand you're having a lot of trouble with the homeowners who live in the neighborhood where you're buying your house," she said. "How are things going on that front?"

"Just the way they should in America," Jake said. "They're free to shout and yell and hold signs up all they want and I'm free to move in there when escrow closes on March 2."

"So you are going forth with the transaction despite the clear disapproval of your neighbors?"

"That's correct. I've already started packing up things in my condo."

"Do you believe that there would have been all of this clamor regarding your new house if the Catholic Monthly article had not come out?"

"No," he said. "I don't."

"And in regards to that article," she said next. "If the allegations against you are untrue, as you claim, why aren't you suing the publication for libel?"

"Okay, end of interview," Jake said. "I told you not to go there."

"Jake, be reasonable," she said. "You have to talk about the article at some point. Michelle Rourke has accused you of being an abusive rapist. You can't just keep saying 'no comment' whenever you're asked about it."

"No comment," Jake said with a smile. "Come on, Rachel. Let's go mingle a bit, shall we?"

They walked off, leaving Allison to quickly scratch out a few more notes on her pad. It wasn't more than a minute before another reporter — this one from Entertainment Weekly — accosted them and began to ask the exact same questions.

In all it took more than an hour before the reporters stopped intercepting them and firing questions at the couple. They talked to each one but Jake prefaced each interview with a standard disclaimer that the conversation would come to a complete and sudden end if the subject of the Michelle Rourke article was brought up, either directly or indirectly. A few refused outright to restrict their questioning on that subject — after all, that was pretty much the only reason to interview the scrungy singer in the first place — and Jake refused to answer anything of these people. All of the rest agreed to the condition and asked questions about the relationship between Jake and Rachel, what Jake thought of his chances of actually winning one of the coveted gramophones, and what Jake's thoughts were on his stiffest competition for the awards, namely Steve Winwood and La Diferencia. Eventually, however, they always tried to work in the Rachel Rourke thing, some directly, some from the flank like Allison Stone. His response was always the same. He would immediately end the interview and excuse himself.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.