Cat Powers (The Adventures Of) - Cover

Cat Powers (The Adventures Of)

Copyright© 2006 by Cat Powers

Chapter 1

My name is Cat Powers. I suppose you want to know what I look like and all that junk, but really, suffice it to say that I'm beautiful. The eyes have it. No one has blue eyes like mine.

Until recently I was homeless. Now I found someone to live with. He's really nice, but I don't want to talk about him right now. I wanted to tell you about what's happening in my neighborhood.

Where to start? Well, the boys in my neighborhood are tough. They think they are anyway. But some are so stupid! I go for the smart ones, like Satch. He's cool and tough.

And daring! Last night we did it in the middle of the road. I love that. The thrill is undeniable. At any moment someone could drive by and see us going at it. Or even run us over! No one did, though. But the way Satch was yelling, I thought the neighbors were sure to come out and see what was happening.

I'm a screamer too. The boys love that, you know.

Burl is a retard. He's the anti-Satch. Just a few weeks ago we were all hanging out in the alley, and he started boasting that he could touch the Andersen's house. We started laughing. No one could do that. They had a huge guard dog inside of that wall.

But the idiot went ahead and hopped over. He made it to the house and was just tiptoeing back when the dog saw him. He barely got out, but not before the dog got a nip on his leg. What a fucking idiot!

Burl will be alright (there was only a little blood), but he's still dense. Some never learn. He's always coming up with stupid stuff like that. When I first came to the neighborhood, I thought he was hot, but now he's just stupid. He's always inciting fights with the boys from the other side of the wash. Then that gets everyone involved. They start coming over and causing trouble.

I don't have too much trouble, though. When you look like I do, there will always be those around to protect you. Like Satch. He doesn't let anyone mess with me.

Don't get me wrong. I have my enemies. Some are jealous of my looks. But they don't get too close.

I shouldn't ramble so much, but so be it. The guy I live with doesn't know I'm writing this. If he did, he'd literally die of shock, I'm sure. So I should stay to the point. But I probably won't. I'm daring too, you know.

So a week ago Billy died. We didn't know how it happened at first. We found him in the yard of the empty house down the alley. Well, Satch found him. It was terrible. Billy was so chilled out, so easy-going. He never hurt anyone.

He was just crumpled in the corner. Satch took care of the body before he told anyone. He said it was ugly.

When a few of us got together to figure out what happened, naturally blame fell first on those ruffians across the wash. Burl was all for going out on an ass-kicking raid, but luckily cooler heads prevailed. I say luckily, because it turns out that it probably wasn't them after all.

See, the next day Satch came running over to my yard. I wasn't even awake yet, but he called me from outside, so I went to see what he possibly could want at this hour. It had to be important. He knew better than to wake me at noon for something stupid.

Satch led me out into the alley and down to the empty house. We looked through a gap in the gate and into the yard.

Well, it was no longer empty. There were a couple of men on the roof working on the fan box and two kids we had never seen were running around the yard. They looked like trouble. Round faces, tiny eyes and stupid looks on their faces.

"I think we found our problem," Satch said quietly.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, when I went in there earlier, these two idiots came charging out of the house and were looking to pick a fight. One threw a rock at me."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.