Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 17

Brenda was very impressed with the house, as was I. She was still taking her college classes. So far, no one had tumbled to her at her school. Tom shifted her around for visits.

It was a peculiar house to say the least. Peculiar, in the sense that while it looked normal in most respects, Tom had installed a lot of 'alternate tech', and 'future tech' into my home.

For example, we took no power from the local electric company. On paper, my home was heated and powered by propane gas. I had large tank on the property that was camouflage for the actual system.

The same thing that powered Tom's car powered my house, only with longer lasting results. My 'tank' was good for a year of power at a time. That was if I drew wastefully on the power all year long. If I wished, I could greatly extend the life of the 'tank's supply. I also had a course on how to remix and energize my power system.

Security consisted of sophisticated sensors placed all over the exterior grounds, with live remote self-contained camera feeds. The cameras and sensors were so small and so well hidden, it was doubtful anyone would find them.

Needless to say, my house was electrical in all respects. I had a nice little back up generator. It tested itself once a month. The house's computer ran it for a couple of hours, once a month. A load was placed on it, after making sure all sensor levels were checked, via computer.

The external walls, while appearing to be made of fieldstone, were actually cleverly disguised armor. It would hold off a light to medium anti tank's round. The roof looked like the old clay tile of Europe, but that too was a disguise. It was actually the same armor composite.

My home was so much safer than the average house. The windows looked normal, but were capable of withstanding all small arms fire, up to and including .50-calibre machine gun fire. Unless I was willing to upgrade my widows to a different type of material, that was the best they could do, while still making it look like normal glass.

When entering the house, you came in through the front or back security doors. They were disguised to look like heavy wooden doors. The interior was nicely done. All modern appliances. I had a laundry room on the first floor, with a large capacity washer and dryer. The electric oven/range/microwave was stacked next to the refrigerator, which was a top of the line 'side by side' model.

Next to the laundry room was the pantry, and then kitchen. In the living room I had a large wall mounted HD-TV, which could split view to the security cameras if I so desired. A couch and two easy chairs, supplied the seating.

There was a den, which was also a library. A master bedroom, connecting to the master bath, completed the first floor portion.

The second floor had two bedrooms which shared a bath. There was a large storage room opposite the bath, and over the stairwell.

The basement contained the furnace, the water heater, and a walk-in deep-freezer for meat storage or other frozen items. An interior designer furnished the whole place for me. I did insist on paying Tom something. He charged me for the furnishings, which came to a whopping one hundred and two thousand dollars.

The basement also contained a secret security room. The feds (or whomever, if they found it) would be hard pressed to enter it within a time frame of less than seven hours. It was designed as a place of last refuge. I could call from help there, via a secured link, to Tom's computer. I could also monitor what was going on in the house from inside. It was totally sealed. It had its own air supply, filtered water, toilet and bed. Food for days was located inside, also, as well. I didn't plan on staying in it longer than I had to, though. Once there, I would send an SOS to Tom, via his computer, and he would teleport us out.

Brenda wanted a nice white, snowy Christmas. She spent several weeks, gradually manipulating the local weather. Damned if she didn't get it done, too. The whole area had a slight change in the weather pattern. As a result, the county I was now living in had snow earlier than it normally did. Four inches, to be exact. The kids for miles around celebrated.

Snow usually didn't fall in the area of my new home, until January sometime. It just wasn't Christmas without a nice snow, though, if you asked me.

We received our TV signal via a satellite hook-up, and only had to put up with interrupted reception during severe storms. This was not a problem, as the entertainment center was well stocked with movies and shows from all over the world. Plus, there was the home computer. It was programmed and wired into the house's security system, and also served as our high-speed internet connection. We had a double link to the internet: satellite, and wireless. Our phone service was via prepaid cell phones.

I didn't want my home dependent on any outside utility, whatsoever. Water, sewer, trash... everything was provided, or done, by installations on my property. I was set!

"God, this place is just perfect," Brenda said. We were gazing out the widow of the living room, at the fresh snow outside.

"I'm glad you like it. Tell me, would you care to move in permanently, with me?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Are you asking me to marry you?" Brenda replied, her eyes huge as she studied my face.

"Well, not right away, if you don't want to. You could 'test drive' me, to see if you wanted to keep me," I said, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

She poked my ribs, and leaned into me.

"I don't see why not. I spend all my free time here, anyway," she said a little shyly.

Yes! We had finally gotten comfortable with each other. Our sex was really good. She had a sexy body, and she was very responsive after she got over her initial shyness. We had gotten pretty comfortable with each other. That was a plus as far as I was concerned. We seemed to be a perfect fit in everything we did together.

Courtney and Tom would teleport in, frequently. We would have dinner together, or play cards, or just talk. We were worried about what we were going to do, if the government decided to begin hostilities, again.

"I am honestly thinking about just moving us to the alternate world for a few years, and leave this world to fend for itself for a while," Tom suddenly said one visit.

"What? Just pick us up and move? Just like that?" I asked.

"Wait a minute! I might not want to go. I like this world and the government has not really messed with me at all," Brenda said firmly.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.