Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 11

"Tell me exactly what you were thinking when you told this, this Whisper, why you were part of a group?" her Uncle John asked.

It was a day later. We were relaxing in this pretty little breakfast nook area of Lord John's manor. God, the thing was huge. Not a castle really, but still, an honest to god English country manor. Of one of the nobility, no less!

"It's very simple, Uncle John. This Whisper man had basically forced Tom into servitude, and now they were going to do it to Scott. I wanted to tilt him off balance, and change his worldview that he was stronger and had power over them.

"So I made up my ability because Scott, dear boy that he is, had not revealed his TK abilities to the government, just his 'remote viewing'. So I decided to throw a curve into the system, to make them less sure of themselves. Now, it is possible that they believe there is a much larger group of 'talented' people out there, in various countries.

"Scott, being the smart person he is, caught onto my little act, and moved a coffee cup and saucer to this Whisper, when I went into my theatrics. For all we know, there are others out there who can do these things, but are either untrained, or they learned early to blend in and keep it to themselves. The world, despite what it says, is suspicious of those who are different," Courtney stated a bit grimly.

"Well, you lot have definitely chosen the hard road. I am not sure you understand the full ramifications of your choice, Courtney," Lord Avery-Smythe said.

Tom had been following along quietly, and was sort of listening to his ear bud.

"Well, my computer is reporting all sorts of electronic messages are now flowing from HS to the FBI, to the CIA, to the NSA, and even to the DOD. Scott, you will be interested in knowing that your apartment has been searched, completely. Your finances have been requested and viewed. Your parents have been interviewed.

"The AI has already broken the codes being used. A nationwide and worldwide search has been initiated. We are considered dangerous, and should be subdued from a distance if at all possible," Tom said in a musing tone.

"I don't understand. If we didn't know about the raid on Scott's place, how come they are all of a sudden breaking electronic silence, now?" Brenda asked in a confused voice.

"Obviously, you are unfamiliar with departmental politics young lady," his lordship said.

"What do you mean" She asked. I was confused too.

"You say you didn't have any or could find any warnings or electronic messages concerning the raid on Scott? That would fit with someone higher inside the agency playing a power game. Then we have inter-agency rivalries.

"In the world of big government, a lot of times not only does the left hand not let the right know what's going on, but sometimes the fingers act independently as well. Especially if said finger is jockeying for a position of greater power and influence over the hand. He is, has, or wants, to move higher on the chain.

"Also, if you think that's bad, it is even worse between countries. Agents are told exactly what the other country already knows, and if it is something that a country in question wants to get information on, and a different country has it, they try to keep it from the country that does not have it. Information equals power. The more you have, and the less the other guy has, is what puts you in a stronger position," John explained at length.

"I can't believe that governments play these juvenile games!" Brenda exclaimed.

Most of us laughed at this.

"Welcome to the real world, Brenda. Just because you have greater responsibility, does not mean you leave your childishness at home. Some of the worst tantrums I have ever seen, were thrown by supposedly trusted elected officials," John Avery-Smythe replied amusedly.

Tom was not paying attention to us. He started to chuckle and then laugh. We looked at him.

"There was a request sent in to speak with you when you got to your office tomorrow by the US ambassador and an assistant of his. They are asking that you come to their embassy, for a secure discussion.

The funny thing is, they plan on keeping you there, until they are sure you have no knowledge of Courtney's whereabouts or have proved to their satisfaction you have no abilities yourself. They plan on sending an extraction team to get your wife also,"

"They sent this encoded to their embassy?" The lord asked.

"No, it arrived by courier. However, someone has access to their computers, and they passed the message on to me. Seems to be a non-detected penetration, so far. Anyway, I figured if I told you, that you would take steps. I want to be there to watch," he grinned.

"The problem will be securing my home from invasion. If these people are determined, it could lead to a pitched battle. I am surprised that the US would resort to these tactics with an ally. I am a bit disappointed, and very annoyed," John said in a tone I had not heard yet.

"I think I can help, there. How would you like a squad of special forces I know, that will be totally unobtrusive? They are also totally loyal to the job. It wouldn't matter to them if you were a two-headed turtle, just as long as you were 'the mission'.

"Plus, I can guarantee they will hear any communications that whoever the opposition is, is using. They will not be seen until action is needed," Tom paused, looking expectant.

"Well, if you can promise my wife and home will be safe, then I guess I can trust these people you're sending. I want to see them first, though. How much do these people charge?" he asked of Tom.

"No charge," Tom responded dryly. "They will accept it as a mission. They are highly professional people, Lord John."

It was agreed upon. Tom said he would be right back, and disappeared. He was back in a few moments, with eight strangely dressed men, and two women. There were three rather large equipment cases of peculiar design, on the floor in front of them. Each person held a helmet tucked under his or her arm, and they were all standing at parade rest. All had backpacks of a rather extraordinary design on their backs.

"Kelly! Front and center!" Tom snapped out.

A female at the end of the line came to attention, and stepped two paces forward.

"Sir!" she replied forcefully.

"This is Lord John Avery-Smythe, the lord of the manor, and husband of Lady Avery-Smythe. It is she whom you will protect. Lord Avery-Smythe, it would be better if you sent for your wife now, as she will need to meet the squad," Tom said.

Introductions were made a few minutes later. The Lady Avery-Smythe was only mildly annoyed at the intrusion of armed persons in her home. The squad leader gave a command, and soon one of the equipment boxes was opened. Strange looking equipment was quickly distributed. All but two of the persons left for other parts of the manor.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.