Remote Viewing - Cover

Remote Viewing

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Chapter 9

It was a 'rocky period', to say the least. For a few days, Brenda didn't talk to any of us, nor return our calls. She had stormed out of the house when Ben told her she was a talent, and that he was trying to recruit her. When she did speak to us, it was to accuse of us all manner of things. Manipulating her being at the top of the list. It got worse, from there.

She finally agreed to meet us. She said she had taken precautions against being kidnapped, so we'd better not try it. I was stunned at her reaction. We were sitting on a bench at the St. Louis Arch. People were all around. Ben had assured me that he had checked the area out, and there were no monitoring devices other than the park's security cameras. He brought a noise box with him to block anyone trying to pick up our conversation by electronic means.

"Ok. I am willing to say, for the sake of argument, that I have an ability. What gives you the right to turn my life 'topsy-turvy'? Who elected you people 'guardians of my abilities', and why didn't I get a chance to vote on this?" Brenda started off.

"Brenda, I understand you're aggravation. However, if the government gets a hold of you, you will have damned little choice in how you use your talent, and not very much in the way of self-determination. Ask Scott what his specific job is," Ben responded, nodding at me.

"I am a consultant, but for the US government. I let them know I had this ability of mine a little over a year ago. They have taken over my life, to some extent. They do not know of my telekinesis, just my remote viewing capability. But that was enough to get them on my case, and force me to work for them. I am doing so not by my choice, but to stay out of a prison situation," I told her.

"Yeah, right," she said sarcastically.

"Seriously. I told them about a terrorist I had located, and they arrested me for terrorist activity. When I convinced them of my ability, and they tried to get a judge to hold me indefinitely on a 'material witness' warrant. My attorney pointed out I had come in voluntarily and told them about this terrorist, and that a 'material witness warrant' was only used to coerce a reluctant witness, not a volunteer. We won. Then they said they were going to move to take me in as a security risk, or intimated it, if I didn't voluntarily work for them exclusively," I said a bit bitterly.

Brenda had been looking at us scornfully until I said what I did. Her eyes softened a bit then.

"So you can understand my point," she said quietly.

"Oh yes. This is why we want to try to train you, Brenda. We want you to get control over this and stay out of the government's hands. If they get you, they will keep you for the rest of your life. You will either work for them actively, or they will try to remove your ability with drugs or an operation," Ben told her.

"Why do you assume the worst of the government? Maybe they could help me. And for that matter, what do you get out of it?" she asked curiously.

"First, while the government still has the benefit of the whole country as a task, they are stepping on our rights to do it. We don't want you to have to live the life of a government slave. If we train you, we'll try to give you conscious control over your abilities. The government will never know you have these abilities. So you will be safe from their manipulation and control," Ben was explaining.

"So then control is passing from them to you?" Brenda said scornfully.

"Not at all. We just want to help you get a handle on your abilities. No blackmail, no coercing, no forcing you to work for us. We want to help you explore the possibilities. At least let us both learn from each other, and if you want to move away or have nothing to do with us after you get your control, feel free," Ben said earnestly.

"Somehow, I don't feel you're all that altruistic," Brenda said.

"Of course I hope that you will want to keep in touch with us. I know Scott cares a great deal for you, and you him. Don't let this ruin a good thing. Would you have believed us if we would have come straight out and said something like, 'hi we are a private group that wants to train your mental abilities?' Somehow, I think not," Ben said gently.

She chuckled at that and I relaxed a little. I was hopeful now, anyway.

"I have to admit, it's a strange situation. What would this training involve?" she asked curiously.

"I know of a place that knows about mental abilities, and can train and bring them out in people. They are not associated with the federal government. If you give them a few months of your time, I am sure they can bring you at least partial, if not total control of what you can do. Also, they can give you tips on training yourself, and practicing your talent. Ask Scott here, he has been through a similar course," Ben said with a slight smile.

"You're planning on having her do what I did?" I asked stunned.

"Oh, no. Her classes would consist of just the 'abilities training'," Ben responded.

"I'm missing something, here. What kind of training did Ben send you through?" she said with a glance my way.

I tossed the dice, mentally, and decided on 'truth and disclosure'. I told her I had spent six intensive months being trained in survival techniques, hand-to-hand combat, mental training, and weapons training.

"Six months! I can't do anything like that for six months! No, absolutely not! I have school and my career to consider. I don't really believe in deliberate violence on someone, anyway" Brenda stated with a deadly quiet.

"You would not be required to take the same courses that Scott took. He actually agreed to it before hand, and he actually learned a lot about himself and his abilities while doing it. No, yours will be a course done in a classroom or a relaxed atmosphere. Plus, you can bail, anytime you want.

"You might be interested in knowing that this course is taught in an alternate reality. I would move us a slight distance back in time, and then take you to the 'reality fracture', for this place. Effectively, no time would be lost to you here. It would be like you getting an extra six months or however long your training is, for free. Zero time in our reality would have passed, with the exception of a few seconds, when I return us," Ben said enthusiastically.

When we adjourned our meeting at the arch, she actually said, "Maybe we should discuss this in detail, more privately."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.