Heart's Desire - Cover

Heart's Desire

Copyright© 2006 by saccharomyces

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Lord Adrian Aubren is on a King's errand to find the famous Healer of Rae. Little did he expect to find the Healer a woman, and to fall in love with her. SEQUEL TO COME BACK HOME TO ME

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction  

The indigo sky left from a summer sunset finally turned into black. Birds settled down in the forest as the light faded, calling occasionally. Crickets had been rubbing their wings together since dusk, their chirping amplified as the night descended. The pulsing sound seemed loud in contrast to the silence of the rest of the forest. A scrawny rabbit peeped out of the forest and timidly nibbled on the dry grass by the side of the road. It froze as the pounding of horses' hooves crescendoed, hopping aside at the last moment before two horses thundered past.

Pushing their horses hard, the riders noted the forest on their left, mere shadow against the full moon. Open fields of wheat stretched infinitely on their right, made silver by the moonlight.

The forest eventually thinned, and they saw dim lights in the distance that must be the town they were looking for. A little later, they slowed their horses to a trot as they passed deserted shops, the empty depths of their windows apparent in the soft light of the moon.

A sudden burst of rowdy laughter erupted from the most prominently lit building on the main street. A wooden plaque roughly lettered with Mallory Tavern hung by the door. The riders looped around to the back of the building; the first rider swinging his leg across the saddle to descend as a sleepy stable boy stumbled out.

"Take good care of our horses," the rider said, as he pressed gold coin into the boy's hand.

His companion swung down from his horse as well and tossed the reins to the stable boy. The two men removed their saddle bags and walked to the front door of the tavern. Warm light welcomed them as they stepped in.

It was a clean establishment for a peasant tavern. Though aged grease veneered the windows a pale yellow, the floors were well-swept. The tables were heavily scarred, but were wiped down. As the smell of human sweat and roasting meat hit the travelers' noses, a group of stout farmers sat at the table in the corner, bursting into occasional bouts of laughter. The strangers summed up their surrounding in a few quick glances, as the rosy-cheeked woman hustled from behind the bar to greet them.

"Welcome to the tavern, Sirs. I am Mrs. Mallory. How may we be of service to ye?"

The man with dark wavy hair stepped forward, his baritone voice cold as he replied, "Nothing more than a warm meal and two rooms for the night."

Mrs. Mallory was forced to look up at the man, for he was tall. A leather strap hung across his chest, the hilt of a claymore barely visible above his shoulder. She shivered slightly at the piercing eyes and the stern visage, nodded, and then led them to an empty table. The man took off his sword, removed his cloak, dropped the saddle bags onto the bench, and sat down. His companion sat across from him, his red hair shimmering in the firelight as he leaned across the table and said lowly, "Lord Aubren, what is the object of our inquiry that we must travel so late into the night?"

A smile twitched beside the lord's mouth as he replied, "What, Master Jordan? Could it be that you doubt my judgment?"

"Of course not, my Lord," Jordan quickly said. "I was only curious."

"Ah, Master Jordan. Did I not inform you that this mission was entrusted to me by the King himself?"

"I understand, my Lord."

"Then trust me. I will inform you with what you need to know when the time is right."

The serving wench arrived with two jugs of ale, purposefully leaning low to reveal her attributes. Lord Aubren did not grant the slightest glance. "Fetch us dinner, wench. We are hungry," he said. She pouted and stomped off as Jordan eyes followed her swinging hips with amusement.

"Don't bother," Aubren said, swatting his hand dismissively. "We can't offer any distractions."

They ate silently for the remainder of the meal. Jordan idly ran his finger back and forth through the flame of the candle as Lord Aubren swirled the last of his ale before tossing it back. When Mrs. Mallory approached, finally interrupting the silence, they followed her to their rooms. Lord Aubren disdainfully pinched up the corner of the sheet, carefully inspecting it for lice and ticks. When the cleanliness was to his satisfaction, he gave Mrs. Mallory a gold coin before dismissing her.

"Jordan, stay awhile," Aubren commanded, loosening his cravat as he pulled out a map from the saddlebag.

"I don't understand why you travel without a manservant," Jordan commented.

"Extra hands slow us down and cause indiscretion."

Aubren beckoned Jordan to the table and pointed to Ciene on the map. "This is our current location. Tomorrow morn we will journey to Triten, where we start discrete inquiry of the Healer of Rae."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.