Fifth Place - Cover

Fifth Place

Copyright© 2006 by RPSuch

Chapter 12

"He says he's too busy to see you."

"That's not a problem. Tell him I'll be at his house tonight to discuss the matter with his wife whether he's there or not. Goodbye."

She relayed the message as I turned and walked toward the door.

"Wait! He didn't realize he had an appointment cancel. He can see you now."

I almost laughed. He didn't know how important to me it was to protect the kids.

Could I do a sufficient acting job to fool him? Hell, I had convinced Russian black marketeers that I was a terrorist desperate for some enriched uranium and I hid from Betty my knowledge of her treachery for all those years

He nodded toward a chair and I sat. Neither of us offered a hand.

"My soon to be ex-wife tells me you generously donated the sperm to create Harry. In fact, I have an affidavit from her to that effect with DNA results from Harry and me. All we need is yours to confirm it."

He sputtered. There wasn't much point in denying it so he waited for me to continue.

"I didn't bring an invitation to his birthday party for you and your wife, but I can get you one if you'd like. No?"

He didn't look well.

"What do you want?"

"First, an admission that you are his biological father, which nobody else will see if you agree to and follow the other terms."

He waited for the other terms.

"Second, notwithstanding that, you will never take any legal action to establish that paternity, seek visitation or custody or any say whatsoever in his life."

He smirked.

"I take it that is not a problem."

No response.

"Finally, you will make support payments to me, that will help you explain it away, but you won't deduct them. Support payments are taxable."

He was scowling.

"They will be calculated based on the support schedule in the Rules of Civil Procedure. They will continue until the latter of graduation from high school or Harry reaching eighteen."

He maintained the scowl. I was stone-faced.

"And what if I don't agree?"

I smiled.

"I'll contest paternity. I'll file naming you as the father. Betty will file for support. I'll file asking for reimbursement of past support based on fraud. I'll file a separate civil law suit for destroying my marriage."

He had that 'aha' look on his face.

"There is no longer an action for Alienation of Affections."

He said it as if he was announcing a Royal Flush.

"You knew she was married. It will be Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. Also, marriage is a contract. I'll add Tortious Interference with Contract."

I said it as unemotionally as I would have told him I was going to blow my nose. I looked him straight in the eyes, challenging him to disbelieve me.

He didn't. He seemed to get smaller before my eyes.

"And if I agree?"

"I'll eat the back support."

"Nobody will know?"

"Nobody will know."

All the fight went out of him. He nodded.

"I just happen to have the agreement with me. Do you have a notary?"

The confrontation with the other donor was along similar lines. He squirmed like a fish trying to get off the hook, but was convinced by my steel hard eyes. The look was easy to accomplish. All I had to do was think about what he and Betty had done.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.