I Fell Through
Chapter 1

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa, Mult, Consensual, Romantic, BiSexual, Heterosexual, Science Fiction, Time Travel, Historical, Harem, Interracial,

Desc: Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - A California nerd from 2006 falls back into 1847 where he finds romance, adventure and sex. Will he survive in a world where his views are so much different from everyone elses?

Day 1

You know the stories about traveling back in time where the guy somehow has everything he needs? I'd always fantasized that if that ever happened to me I would be prepared. Instead, I am here, wherever here is, with a .22 pistol and a small box of ammo, a 12-gauge shotgun loaded with 3 rounds of bird shot, lost in the woods around some of the biggest trees I have ever seen. I also have some dried fruit, two candy bars, a compass, signaling mirror, signal flare, 50 feet of parachute cord, a book of matches and a space blanket in a daypack, plus whatever I have in my pockets.

My name is Alex and I fell through while I was bird hunting and ended up here. We had decided to have a family reunion during the quail season up at Lake Tahoe so everyone could do his or her own thing. Some went to Tahoe and others went fishing. Several others and I decided to go bird hunting on the ranch where we were staying. I was walking in line with my family and friends when suddenly I stumbled on something. I felt that I was falling but I remember my feet never moved. I looked down to see what I tripped on and saw evergreen needles instead of the thigh-high grass that I expected to see. When I looked up, I was here. I've had the obligatory survival training for being lost in the woods, but somehow I don't think that staying in place and waiting for help is the correct response in this case. Towns are most likely to be on a river so I will follow the streams down.

I am your average young California nerd: 23 years old, 5 ft 10 in, weighing around 180 lbs, unattached and mostly unemployed. I have a B.S. in Electronic Commerce, a 5-year-old car and about $15,000 in student loans. I grew up in farm country so I'm not in terrible physical condition.

This place looks like what I had always heard that northern California was like before logging started; fairly open forest with trees so tall that you can't see the tops, along with the occasional clearing full of snowberries and brush. I've been walking for the last 4 hours and have seen no signs that anyone has ever been here. No trash, clear-cuts, roads or power lines. The air is clear and there's no trace of the omnipresent smog that I am familiar with. The only thing I've heard has been myself moving through the forest.

After I had my bout of panic and got over the shock of suddenly being here, I tried to find some of the people I had been with. Nada, zilch, nothing. I checked my cell phone and no signal. This close to Lake Tahoe I should have 5 bars. Now the only question is where or when I am.

It will be dark before long so I'm going to try to find a deadfall and burrow in for the night. Hopefully this is a dream and I'll wake up in bed at home.

Day 2

God! I'm still here, so I guess I have to accept that this is real. Besides, I cannot believe that a dream could leave me feeling so stiff, sore and hungry.

After taking care of my business, I realized that I only had a few sheets of toilet paper left. What would I do after I used the last sheet? Suddenly it hit me that I was lost in ways that I would never have imagined. Would I find anyone before I ran out of something essential?

I guess I had better eat something before long. I don't know if I should try and shoot some of the game I've seen around here or not. I've never seen so much game in my life! I've even seen elk, antelope and big horn sheep (were they in California before the Gold Rush?). I'm going to try and shoot one of the birds I see because I don't think a .22 would take down any of the big game that I've seen.

I got two birds (Grouse I think) and started a fire to roast them. I used all three of my shotgun shells and threw away the shotgun. It's worthless without any ammunition. I had a hard time starting the fire since I don't have any paper to spare to start it with. I finally managed to start some twigs burning but only after using 5 matches. I remembered afterwards that the survival-training instructor said that I could find dry rotted wood in old logs to start fires easily. I have to find some before I try another fire. After I'm out of matches I don't know what I will do. A fire bow maybe?

I guess the pundits were right. Hunger does make the best sauce. The birds were delicious, even if a bit underdone in the middle. Time to continue downstream, because I can't stay here alone. Eventually I will either find a road or reach the sea.

Day 3

I found a river today! I was surprised how open the ground around the river was until I saw the signs of a recent forest fire. The only river I remember in the area is the American River. This looks a lot bigger and deeper than I remember though. I wonder if there are fish in it?

I managed to bend one of my key rings into a large hook and baited it with apiece of cloth and a few grubs that I found. I managed to pull some of the strings out of the parachute cord and tied them to a long stick I cut with my pocketknife. I hope this works!

I managed to catch a large perch. I want to save my matches so it's sushi tonight for dinner. At least I found enough small limbs to make a bed to lie on tonight. Hopefully I won't be as stiff tomorrow. Luckily it's been dry so far. I wonder what time of year it is and what the weather is going to be like in the near future?

Day 4

I saw my first sign of human life today! Someone has been on the river besides me. I found the remains of a fire ring and ashes not too far from where I slept last night. I was beginning to believe that I was the only person alive. I feel like I have to pace myself so I don't have an accident in my eagerness to find someone. I was so afraid that I was alone wherever here is.

I found cattle droppings and what looks like wagon wheel ruts and followed them for the rest of the day. Toward the end of the day I found a single wagon off the trail with a yellow cloth tied to the top. I recalled something about a yellow flag being used to show that something was wrong, but I couldn't really remember what it meant. It made me nervous so I was cautious about going up to the wagon. As I came closer I noticed something strange about the items on the wagon. There was no sign of anything plastic or aluminum anywhere around. Either these guys were really into period costuming or like Dorothy after the cyclone: "I don't think we are in Kansas anymore, Toto."

When I got closer I noticed the outside of the wagon bed appeared to be covered with something black while the cover appeared to be an off gray canvas. There were no animals or anything else around, other than fire pits showing where other people had been. I figured the wagon had been abandoned and was about to continue following the tracks when I heard a moan and peeked in. There were two bodies lying on a mattress wrapped in blankets. It smelled like an outhouse and the bedding was soiled with their waste. I suddenly remembered what the yellow signal was for! It was to show that there was infectious disease present. I was about to bolt when I saw one of the bodies move. I saw that it was a small girl. I couldn't leave someone that young by herself without help.

I entered the wagon and checked out the people. The other was an older woman who appeared in really bad shape. I looked around and saw a ragged blanket hanging on a chest. I grabbed it and placed it on the ground near the wagon. I then pulled both of them from the wagon and checked them out. Both were running a high fever and had soiled themselves badly.

I looked in the wagon and found some cloth, which I wet in a nearby stream and used to wipe down both women. I knew I needed to get the fever down so I unwrapped the blankets and received my next surprise. Both were wearing what looked like woolen nightgowns. I dithered while trying to decide if I should remove them, when the girl moaned. Cursing at myself for hesitating, I stripped both of them and washed them with the cool water. When I washed the women, I had to revise my estimate of their ages. The girl, while small in stature, definitely had curves, while the older one didn't show any signs of wrinkles or sagging that would indicate middle age.

After cleaning both women, I checked their temperature again. It seemed to be lower, so I returned them to the least soiled blanket and let them dry in the air. While they dried, I went through the wagon and found some salt and sugar in a small box of what looked like emergency rations. One teaspoon of salt to six of sugar per quart was what I remembered from my mom's formula for diarrhea medicine. I looked for more food and only saw a little flour and some dried meat in the box.

I found a small iron pot with a crack in the rim in the campsite and used one of my few precious matches to start a fire nearby. I put in the meat with some salt and a small amount of flour to make a thin soup. Lifting the girl first, I tried to get her to drink some. She struggled weakly in my arms but managed to swallow some of it, though more spilled on her than went in. I raised the older one up and tried to get her to drink some with a bit more success.

After that I covered the women again with the blanket and tried to think of anything else I could do. I checked my cell and still no signal. "Shit, now what do I do?" I muttered to myself.

The women didn't appear to be moving so I thought I should look through the wagon and see if there was anything to show where I ended up. Besides, I couldn't stand the smell of shit around the wagon. I used a long stick to pull the soiled bedding from the wagon and took it to the stream. I put the blankets in the stream and put some rocks on top so they wouldn't wash away. I couldn't find anything resembling sheets anywhere.

I returned to the wagon and looked back in. The smell was going away, so I looked for a broom to sweep out the wagon. The wagon looked like it had been ransacked, with clothes thrown everywhere. The lone remaining item left untouched was a small chest containing underclothes that had been covered by the blanket I had found. I found a handmade broom, made with the straw tied to a branch under the seat. I got in the wagon and had to crouch to sweep. The wagon only had about 5 feet of clearance. After I swept the worst of the mess out I searched the chest and found some books, a few drawings of family members and more clothes. Buried in the bottom of the chest covered with underclothes I found a black powder revolver, loaded with six rounds. I checked but could not find a rifle anywhere. Nothing had dates in it so I still had no idea of when I was. At least the books were in English so I should be able to communicate with no problems.

I needed to get something to eat, not only for me but for the girls, too. Hoping I could locate some of the game I have seen over the last 4 days, I headed toward a nearby meadow. It was going to be dark soon and my best chance of shooting something big enough to do some good would soon be here. I climbed a small tree and waited until it was almost dark. I saw some elk start to move through the meadow while grazing. I wasn't sure if I should use the revolver from the wagon or the .22 pistol to shoot them. The revolver had a larger bore but I had no idea what the muzzle velocity or range would be. The .22 was a lot smaller than I needed but I have hunted deer with a .22 rifle in Oregon before. Deciding that I trusted the .22 more, I waited while the elk came closer.

I could tell the elk hadn't been hunted before. They were cautious but seemed unconcerned about crossing the meadow. Finally a small doe about the size of a regular deer came within a range that I thought would give me a chance to hit it. I aimed for its head and fired. The herd started running, including the one I shot at. I aimed and fired again, hitting the same one. It staggered and fell. Jumping out of the tree I ran to the elk and cut its throat.

Looking at it I saw I had hit it twice, once above the eye but not penetrating the skull and once in the neck. Wishing that I had a better knife, I pulled out my pocketknife and managed to open the elk's belly. Reaching up under the rib cage I managed to cut through the windpipe and pulled the lungs and intestines out. Grabbing its hind legs I managed to pull it toward the wagon. Pulling as hard as I could I finally managed to get it within sight of the wagon before I completely ran out of energy.

I knew that I couldn't do anything more with just the pocket knife, so I went back into the wagon and searched again to see if I could find anything that could help. I began moving things in the wagon and finally found a hand ax and a large knife underneath the seat tucked in a corner. I knew I needed to hang the elk to drain the rest of the blood but couldn't figure out how I was going to do that. I was looking at the clothes wondering if they would work when I remembered my daypack. I pulled out the parachute cord and tied the elk's hind legs together and threw the other end over a branch. Pulling as hard as I could I finally got the carcass up enough to bleed out the rest of the way.

I checked on the girls and didn't see any change. I went to the stream and washed off the blood as best I could. I poured the soup into some bark cups I made and tried to get the girls to drink some more. I managed to get both of them to drink some of the water solution and a little bit of the soup. I cut a big chunk off the carcass and placed it on a stick over the fire. I waited until it looked somewhat cooked and cut some slices into a plate. A little salt, and I felt like I had entered heaven. Replacing the meat over the fire I sat against a wagon wheel.

I wanted to sleep, so badly, but I knew that if I didn't get the carcass put up out of reach it would probably be gone tomorrow. Picking up the ax and butcher knife, I cut off the head and feet of the elk, and then standing over the body, I chopped at the elk until I managed to raggedly divide the body into quarters. I took one quarter back to the wagon. The others I managed to hang from a high branch about 15 feet high.

I checked the girls again and seeing little change, I took the tin plate and the pot back to the stream to clean them. Since I hadn't seen any soap, I used sand to clean the dishes. I couldn't get everything out of the pot with the sand so I filled it with water and took it back to the fire to boil and loosen it up.

I raised the girls again and managed to get them to swallow more of the water and soup. I felt their foreheads and the fever seemed to be going down. Neither seemed to be aware of me though. I returned to the wagon and sat down again.

I put some more wood on the fire and sat back against the wheel. Covering myself with a blanket, I fell into a broken sleep. I got up several times during the night to check on the girls and give them more water and food. They had soiled themselves, so I cleaned them as best as I could and wrapped them in a cleaner blanket.

For the next three days I stayed at the camp giving the girls as much water and soup as they would take and cleaning their soiled bodies and bedding. Every day they seemed to be more aware of their surroundings but neither was really awake longer than it took to drink. The fever seemed to be going down every day. They should be up soon I hope. I'm so tired; I don't know how long I can keep this up. They are looking better though, especially the smaller one.

For the rest of this story, you need to Log In or Register