The Fallen
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2006 by Volentrin

Jason found himself several hours' drive away from the place he'd bought, looking for a priest. Ever since he had decided on getting a priest to clear the 'stench' of the demon, he seemed to have been given a direction to follow.

This was a new ability. He figured that this was an ability of his previous life as an angel. Angel... it was an idea he found hard to get his mind and thoughts wrapped around. Still... the dreams, the sword... everything pointed in that direction.

Clearing his mind, he kept a sharp eye out for the person he was looking for. He was driving through a slightly larger town, and had to watch out for traffic as well paying attention to his line of direction.

He saw a rambling building on the other side of the town, and pulled into its long manicured driveway. Many trees gave ample shade; while people in black robes, or black pants and shirts, were everywhere.

He pulled into the obvious parking lot in front of the building, and soon entered a reception area. There was a sign in the front of the well-manicured lawn by the driveway. It proclaimed this to be a retirement home for priests.

An elderly man at the desk smiled as Jason came in.

"How may I help you, my son?" Jason was asked.

Jason smiled back, a bit unsure as to how to proceed at this point.

"I am searching for someone. My search has led me here. This may sound strange, but though I have never seen this man before, I will recognize him once I meet him," he told the elderly priest.

He raised his eyebrows at Jason and said, "That seems to be a bit mysterious. Can you tell me how you decided that the person you are looking for is here?"

"I felt a call to this place. I am now very close to the one I seek. He is located in that direction," Jason replied, pointing in a direction behind the man at the reception desk.

The man looked behind himself. He then turned his attention back to Jason.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few more questions? You have to admit that you have arrived with a most unusual story," asked the elderly man.

"Not at all. That seems a most reasonable request," Jason replied, smiling.

Jason soon found himself led to a small office located a few feet from the reception desk, where two men were sitting. The two became very attentive when Jason entered. The elderly man assigned one to the desk, and told the other to take a break

Jason was directed to a seat. He kept an internal eye on the line of direction of the person he was seeking. He was asked to tell the reason as to why he thought he felt a call.

Jason felt compelled to tell the entire story. He shrugged, and launched into what had happened since he woke from his coma. He told of his buying of realty all over the country. He spoke of his summer sabbatical, where he had learned to open his mind to a new way of seeing, and his ability to read people. The entire story took only twenty minutes to tell, which was enough time to drink the cup of coffee he had been given.

"Well, I must say this is not what I was expecting. An accusation of sexual impropriety, maybe. But this? I have to say, it is the most imaginative story I have ever heard," the elderly man said in response.

"Ah, but what if I can prove most of what I am saying? Would that set your mind at ease concerning my mental stability?" Jason asked curiously.

The response was a grin, and a reply that such proof would indeed set his mind at rest. But he was unsure how Jason might accomplish it, short of demonstrating his abilities in some way. Jason then proceeded to do just that.

Jason started to faintly glow with an internal light, which caused the priest, Father Phillip Devons, to gasp. He (FELT) the holiness of this person in front of him, even as the one who called himself Jason was speaking. Jason ground to a halt. Father Devons found himself released from the awe that had firmly grasped him.

"Well," Jason said, "That's never happened before."

"The glow of holiness?" Father Devon asked.

"Yes. A new ability, apparently. I assure you this has never happened, before," Jason replied musingly.

Father Devon smiled.

"God reveals what he will in his own time. You are obviously no danger to us, and we are pleased and honored to have you here."

Jason was amazed at the quick change in this man. While the Father had been courteous before, if skeptical, he was now positively beaming with joy at having an obvious angel in his presence. Even a fallen angel that was on his way to redemption was a significant happening in his life.

Jason and the Father left the office, and walked briskly towards the retirement/rest home's infirmary. Jason quickly led the way to the bedside of an elderly and bald man of Hispanic heritage.

"This is Father Ignatius. If you have come to him for help, then I am afraid your trip here was for nothing. He suffered a massive stroke, two days ago. He is unresponsive to anything we have tried," Father Devons said sadly.

Jason felt a 'nudge'. He was moved to speak to the unresponsive priest on the bed. As soon as Jason opened his mouth, he started speaking in a language that while familiar to him, was one he did not consciously know! It was as if someone else were using his mouth to speak.

When Jason finished speaking, Father Ignatius eyes were clear, and he was looking intently at Jason.

"What's going on? Who is this? Why am I in the infirmary?" Father Ignatius was asking as he sat up.

An introduction was made. There was a large commotion, as a man who had been deemed unrecoverable, made his way out of the infirmary a short time later. He walked out on his own two legs. A brief check up showed him to be in perfect health for a man his age! He stopped and talked briefly with, and prayed over, several other patients on the way out. They all were soon in the good Father Devon's office.

Another explanation as to why Jason was there, and what he wanted, was presented to Father Ignatius. He was amazed at what he heard. In the meantime, a meal was prepared for Father Ignatius, who had not eaten a solid meal in over two days. It was delivered to him in the office. Jason watched as the elderly priest put away a bowl of tomato soup, a salad, and several bologna sandwiches. Jason was offered something, but he declined.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.