Bad Day At The Office - Cover

Bad Day At The Office

Copyright© 2006 by Telephoneman

Chapter 5

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5 - The story of a man trying to come to terms with life after his wife's death

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

Early that evening I heard the doorbell chime. I opened the door to be pushed out of the way by first Jill and then Sam. I'd totally forgotten about their promised visit. Sam looked at my state of disarray; I hadn't dressed properly, nor washed or shaved.

"Nice to see you've made an effort for us." She laughed.

"You look like shit!" Stated Jill as she pushed me into my armchair.

"Sam, go put the kettle on." She ordered her friend, "Whilst I go and fetch someone else in."

I had no idea who someone else was and before I could ask, Jill had left the house. She returned a minute later with, hair that colour could only be, Teresa in tow. How many more surprises was I going to get. She looked so nervous that I felt my initial anger recede.

Jill noticed my reaction and said. "Before you say anything, just listen. Terry has been trying all day to ring you but your mobile is off and you aren't answering your landline. I know that because I've tried as well. She literally begged me for your address and when she knew we were coming insisted on joining us."

Terry interrupted. "I'm sorry David, but I owe you such an apology, I just had to come. I'll understand if you want me to go immediately after but at least let me say my piece."

As much as I didn't want her in my house, the house my wife had made our home, I felt I had little choice but to listen.

"I know you know about Colleen, my sister. Julie told me that she'd told you. I know that's no excuse but I was hurting for her and you happened to be the first man I'd spoken to since leaving the hospital. Julie, Sam and Jill also told me more about your wife and your marriage, and when they did, I almost curled up and died. I have a temper and tend to use my tongue as my chief weapon, but I don't think I've ever felt so guilty in my life, and as if my words weren't bad enough I had to compound it by reporting you to that idiot Steve Vickery. I almost died when he rang the police, and that was my fault too, I told him you'd left the building. I didn't realise he had it in for you so much."

"Nor did I." I whispered in agreement.

"Then when he sacked you, I realised that I'd made a big mistake so went immediately to see Julie Thompson. Now if you want I'll go."

"No you won't." Said Sam entering the room with a tray of mugs. "I don't make drinks that often, so when I do, I expect people to have the courtesy to drink them."

Jill laughed. "You make them all the time at home!"

"Shut up you!" Sam looked at Jill with mock severity. "I have a reputation to live up to."

As usual, I found it very hard to be anything other than amused with Sam around. I'm sure that if I asked Jill, then I'd be told that Sam was human, and was not actually always happy, its just that I hadn't seen her any other way. To make matters worse she was infectious.

Her comments brought the first sign of a smile from Terry and after such a gracious and so obviously genuine apology, I lacked the will to push my hurt.

I managed a genuine, if not so gracious, acceptance and asked everyone to sit down.

Jill then asked for a complete run-down of events and listened as I explained once more what had happened. When I mentioned the policeman and the park bench, even Sam's good humour slipped slightly as she called Steve 'a miserable bastard.' Terry brought a few smiles when she told them some of the things I'd said to Steve.

"I know we suggested dating, but I didn't mean so quick, and thought one at a time might be more appropriate." Said a giggling feminine voice.

I hadn't heard my front door open so was surprised to see Paula standing there.

I laughed and when I saw Jill's face couldn't help but literally bellow. She looked as if she'd seen a ghost, which in some respects she had. Then as memories of distant conversations came back to her, she too laughed.

"Of course, you must be Paula." At that a similar light came on in Sam's face, as once more it lit up the room.

"Then you must be Jill, who we've heard so much about." Paula then looked at the other two women, finding no problem deciding which was Jill's partner. 'And of course you are Sam."

"Of course." Sam smiled. "You look so alike, its uncanny."

Paula smiled again. "Not that alike that David over there, couldn't always tell us apart."

Following up a familiar cue, I said. "Easy, Jane was always the prettier one."

Teresa had tried to follow the conversation but lacked the vital piece that made sense of the whole thing. Oddly it was me that noticed her bemusement.

"Paula, this is Teresa or Terry, if she likes you. Teresa works with us at the office." I turned to Terry and continued the introduction. "Teresa, this is Paula, my late wife's twin sister."

We could all see the light bulb flash on. "Ah! That goes a long way to explain this weird conversation."

There followed the usual conversation between people who knew of each other through mutual friends but were meeting for the first time. I sat back with my coffee and listened. A few minutes later, Terry, brought her coffee and sat next to me; it seemed that we were the two excluded from the conversation.

She started to apologise again, but I stopped her midstream, explaining that I too owed her an apology for my overreaction. She laughed, without amusement, "I wish that Colleen's fellow had overacted the same. Then she wouldn't be in hospital."

"I still feel guilty. I was wishing you dead in her place and that's unfair."

She put a hand on my arm. "Unfair? Yes! Though not unsurprising. Even more merit in you controlling your temper."

"Anyway!" She continued, changing the subject. "What's with the Teresa bit? You say its Terry to my friends and then call me Teresa. Why?"

"Do I really need to answer that? We are no more than colleagues at work and given recent history, friends would not be my first description"

"Food!" Shouted Sam. "Enough talk, let's eat." She looked at me with a sly grin. "What have you got cooking for us then David? I'm ravenous."

As Sam was the only one who'd been in the kitchen, she knew damn well that there was nothing cooking. "I'm cooking what you deserve Samantha. Nothing!"

That produced laughs all around, especially from Sam.

"I'll go and fetch a Chinese, shall I?"

Everyone agreed and armed with suggestions I set out to walk the few hundred yards to the local takeaway. I left them with the spurious suggestion that they don't talk about me whilst I was gone.

I was feeling better than I had for a while, so it was a genuine smile I wore when I returned home. The table was set and a bottle of wine opened; chosen I knew by Paula, who was aware of my secret stash of my favourites. As usual she had chosen well. Muscadet Sur Lie, is a dry and relatively inexpensive white wine and is absolutely ideal with Chinese food.

The meal turned into a prolonged affair, mainly because of the conversation, partly due to the alcohol consumption, as additional bottles were opened and emptied. The topics varied from the mundane to the personal. Jill and Sam were quizzed by the other two women regarding their sexuality, Paula as to what it was like being a twin and me for being a man. From the latter, the topic of men in general was explored, with Terry coming in for self-criticism in her choices. Again Sam's humour allowed her to make a comment, few could have without giving offence.

"I can't speak for men, though, I probably share their attractions, but I'd guess your biggest problem is how you dress."

Slightly defensive Terry answered, "I dress for men."

She was about to continue when I interrupted. "You dress for a certain type of man, one that sees women as sexual objects. You then shouldn't be too surprised if that's how you are subsequently treated."

Paula added. "If you set the bait for sharks then you must expect to catch one."

Jill, seeing that our criticism may be too deep said. "You've just been unlucky, there are plenty of good ones out there."

Paula said softly. "She is right you know. I found a good one and I know for certain that Jane did too." They all turned to look at me and I felt my cheeks redden.

Sam saved me any more blushes when she got Terry laughing. "And you're quite welcome to mine and Jill's."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.