Andromeda Galaxy - Cover

Andromeda Galaxy

Copyright© 2006 by Etherealism

Chapter 2

'Master Esska, I want you to search the Vatican's data files for information on Rykal's intergalactic travels and the planet Earth. I'll also get you in touch with Commander Navoir. He'll take the situation from here.' The elders left the Foreign Objects department, leaving both Gasgango and Esska alone together.

'They're calling on Commander Navoir... ' said Esska worryingly, 'this sounds serious.'

'Of course it's serious!' boomed a gruff voice from the doorway. An exalted figure stood before them, flash medals beaming brilliantly at them from his left breast. Commander Bullseye Navoir was a stunning sight to behold. Larger than the average palemalite, he had a well defined body structure, almost perfect in every aspect. He had earned his place in the Vatican fleet, an elite strategist and war hero of many famous battles. All of his four eyes swiveled on their stalks, focusing grimly on the pair that stood shaking before him. It appeared that Gasgango and Esska were both slightly intimidated by his presence.

'Let me put it this way squid-head — A scout ship from another galaxy rocks up on the doorstep of Palemalon for the first time, doesn't stop to chat, but decides to hurl a bomb right at us as some kind of greetings gift. I hardly call that a peace offering. What we have here is a savage, hostile and intergalactic space menace which has the potential to blow Palemalon in half. If something as small as a scout ship packs that much firepower, then what is a battleship capable of?'

'I see what you mean, ' replied Gasgango respectfully.

'Of course you do!' roared Navoir. He turned to the head of Foreign Objects, 'Now tell me Master Esska, why did that tiny little ship launch a bomb at City Center One?'

The fat squid pondered this for a moment before coming up with a plausible answer. 'Because City Center One is the center of all of Palemalon's communication systems?'

'That is absolutely right! And now Gasgango, why would somebody drop a bomb on our communication systems?'

'So we wouldn't be able to get in touch with the rest of the Vatican and alert them of some form of invasion?'

Commander Navoir laughed. 'Indeed. Very impressive young one, I expected that you would get none of those questions correct, but you have proved me wrong nonetheless.' He cleared his throat, 'now onto other matters. Master Esska, tell me what else you can find on Rykal's database.'

Esska's tentacles went to work, stabbing at the keys on the keyboard. A wave a data flushed up on the monitor.

'Rykal Seer: the first alien to ever survive an intergalactic jump. It appears that Rykal was the only alien who's body could withstand the torture of going through the black hole in Sector-V, which is located right here.'

He pointed to a spot on a Vatican star chart which was near the perimeter of the system. 'The others who had previously tried to do this had just simply died of shock or from the unbearable pain. No one else has attempted it ever since. Rykal studied the creatures that dwelled on the planet Earth and discovered that they were a species called humans. Apparently they didn't have light speed technology in those days, but it has been 150 years since Rykal's discovery, and they could have made many technological advancements in that space of time. Rykal also made clear to point out that these humans fought each other a lot on their planet and were unable to live united in harmony. Rykal's hypothesis for this was the humans' insane lust for power and territory. They could never get enough of it.'

'Hah!' snorted Navoir. 'Savages, I knew it. And they're coming to Andromeda to conquer for new territory, a feeble excuse for a fight. That scout ship obviously got here the same way that Rykal got to them, and that's via the black hole.' The Commander grimaced as he thought of something. 'They've probably known about us for sometime now. How would they have known to target City Center One? They're probably on their way to Palemalon now! And they're not just coming to say hello.'

'No offence Commander, ' said Gasgango politely, 'but don't you think that you're being a little hasty and jumping to conclusions?'

'Not at all. I've had this feeling many times in the past and I have always been right. Besides, it's best to have taken action and have nothing happen rather than do nothing and see these little Earthlings invade Andromeda without restraint.'

'So what are you going to do about it?' asked Esska.

Commander Navoir's response was quick and simple. 'Assemble the Vatican fleet at the base of that black hole and blast them if they come through.'


Only a few battleships were able to be rallied at Sector-V, the rest were scattered all over the Vatican and were not fully prepared for battle. Gasgango watched from his Scepter as two Espian Star Cruisers- the iron fist of the Vatican fleet, appeared out of nowhere in a blast of light followed by five Nullify-Class Dreadnaughts and a handful of Scepter-LVII's. The engines of the Espian Cruisers flared brightly before dimming to a faint glowing blue, putting them almost to a stop. The rest of the fleet soon followed suit, one by one, their engines dying. Gasgango knew that it wasn't much of a force but at least it could hold off anything that might come through the black hole for awhile until reinforcements could be called in.

A voice sounded across the intercom of every ship positioned within the sector. 'This is Commander Navoir reporting from EC-1. I want a com check from every unit stationed in Sector-V, starting with EC-2 and progressing downwards.'

One by one, various call signs were given across the intercom, notifying the Commander of who and what was present.

After the task was complete, he decided to let everyone know about the task at hand. Half of them had no idea why they were called out into the middle of nowhere for a mass congregation. 'Now I bet that you're all wondering why you're all here, ' said Navoir to the fleet.

'Aye Sir, ' replied a voice from EC-2 almost instantly.

Navoir raised an eyebrow at the sharp reply. 'Almost 32 hours ago, an intergalactic spaceship appeared from the black hole in Sector-V and assaulted Palemalite territory... '

EC-2's cackling voice interrupted his speech, 'Sir, did I just hear you correctly? Did you just say intergalactic?'

Tiring easily from the witty pilot's voice, Navoir switched EC-2 onto a private frequency. 'What's your name son?' said Navoir over the intercom, 'You seem to have quite the mouth on you.'

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.