Journey to the Past (unabridged) - Cover

Journey to the Past (unabridged)

Copyright© 2005 by Alistair Acorn

Chapter 13: Return to the Past

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 13: Return to the Past - A young man is suddenly transported back to 1,500BC Britain. He encounters the two races of people living there and tries to build between the cultures.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Time Travel  

I drew out the 9mm I was wearing and approached the cabin slowly. I saw that the wood of the woodpile had diminished slightly. So someone had been living in the cabin for some time now.

I tried the door but it was secured on the inside. I was going to block the chimney, but then it would have stank the cabin out, so I pounded on the door.

"Whoever is in there open the door." I shouted.

I then heard two voices, then the bar being removed from behind the door, it slowly open. There stood Wiferth with Eastorhyld behind him.

"Oh Chally! We had no idea where you had gone, so we waited for you, come in out of the cold."

We all entered and gathered round the fire. I saw that the pair of them had pulled the cot I had made closer to the fire. They had been sleeping there. The hygiene in the cabin left a lot to be desired. Instead of putting out the rubbish they had thrown it in the corner by the door.

"We came to visit you two moons ago and got caught in a blizzard, so we stayed hoping for your return. We saw that something must have happened here when we saw all the damage. We just waited here in the cabin. I hunted rabbits and lived on the little vegetables we could find, mostly onions and turnips that grow wild here. Only yesterday I managed to kill a wild pig."

Of course they hadn't bothered to look in the overturned and crushed van as there were still 'Compo' rations packed in there. Maybe they had, but didn't know what they were.

The fire was barely burning, and the reason was that the ashes had not been removed. I scraped out all the old ashes (The flat piece of sheet metal I had for this was still there) and this done, loaded more logs onto the small embers that were alight.

I went outside and put the ashes in the midden (Household refuse dump).

I then went over to the overturned van, crawled inside, and to my surprise was still quite dry. I managed to pull two full 7 men ration packs out from the heap and push them to the rear, then wiggled myself out.

When I returned I saw that the fire had picked up, and it was significantly warmer already. I asked Wiferth and Eastorhyld if they would mind tidying up the mess they had made and put the rubbish on the midden. Eastorhyld knew were it was. They had no sooner gone out the door than they both dashed back in again. With utter amazement on their faces, they had seen the huge semi's in the clearing.

"There are large houses on wheels in the clearing," Wiferth declared.

Of course he hadn't seen vehicles standing on their wheels all the vehicles in the clearing had either been wrecked or were lying on their sides.

"We went and got more supplies and these are our means of carrying our goods."

Hild wasn't feeling at all good and I put her to bed. The excitement of coming back home was just too much for her. So Marjorie and I got stuck in getting the place tidied up and things washed. Before we had a meal, we had put all the pots on the fire filled with water.

We were going to wash everything before we used them again. Whilst the water was boiling, and the other two were clearing up the mess they had made, Marjorie and I sat at the table, and using the cups on the vacuum flasks had a cup of coffee from the 21st Century.

"When are we going to start unloading?"

"Just as soon as I get things tidied up and have something inside me."

"Did you see how short the shimmering lasted this time? It only lasted about one minute! Does it mean that the warp is closing for good?"

"I never paid much attention, but so what, we got here in one piece." She laughingly said.

The change that has come over Marjorie is very noticeable; she is a different person here, more pleasant and loveable. I noticed that when we were at her home she was as I first described her, and didn't appear to be the warm hearted person I knew she was. So I just lent over the table and gave her a big kiss, and said "Welcome home, Daaaarlinnggg?" she leaned over and gave me a slight slap.

"Don't mimic my friends, they can't help it. It is the way they are brought up." She jokingly replied.

The cabin now was a lot warmer. We set about washing up and got the floor all swept. The old bedding fur we used as a rug shaken out, and replaced on the floor. Previously you couldn't distinguish it from the floor before we done this. Celts aren't the tidiest of people we have found out.

Then we prepared a quick breakfast for the five of us.

I brought the two trucks nearer the cabin so that it would be closer for us to work on when we eventually get down to unloading.

When I stripped back the tarpaulin on truck two I expected to see the buggy sitting there. What the packers had done was remove the wheels and the buggy was indistinguishable as things were packed in and around it.

I spotted the solid fuel range cooker, which I had dismantled myself and wrapped in jute bags. This one item weighed over 400 pounds and no way would I have been able to move it unless it had been dismantled. Lengths of copper pipe were bundled and lying on the tray I could see the open ends of them. The fittings we had got were the type that were fitted with a lock ring and then tightened, no need to weld. I had purchased a whole heap of the joints, T joints angle joints, and tap mounting connectors. This time I was going to have a gravity feed water system both hot and cold.

What I was looking for was the multi-purchase block and tackle that I had spliced from the length of rope I got at the auctions. Also a five feet metal spiked rod and a sledgehammer. I am going to pull the van back on its wheels.

Wiferth assisted me in driving the metal spike into the frozen ground at about forty-five degrees. I then hooked the fixed end of the 3-sheave block. The other I used a 'D' shackle through a ring on the top of the van and the other 3 sheave block, we pulled the rope, firstly the frame pulled to its original shape then the van bumped onto its wheels. I would never have been able to do it without the blocks and the assistance of another.

I managed to get the left rear door shut and locked into position, the vertical lock bars went into its slots. This assisted the van returning to its box shape. We now had our storage shed back in service.

While we were doing this I mentioned to Wiferth that I was looking for a horse. He told me that he knew a man who trains the forest ponies. He is sure that the man would trade a horse with me. I asked what the trade would be and I was told that a red deer would be more than adequate.

The next task was to try and right the truck with the winches. A large limb of an oak tree had penetrated the passenger window and was now protruding through the roof. This was propping the truck up at an acute angle.

I had brought a chain saw in the load. I had also included only two forty-four gallon drums of 2-stroke mixture and a tin of chain lubrication oil. I knew the mixture wouldn't last too long and I would only use the saw in emergency.

In the auctions I had purchased four old tree felling two handled saws two about six feet in length and the others shorter. I had them sharpened, but also been shown how to do it myself. This was the golden opportunity to try them out.

Wiferth and I using the block and tackle attached one end to the raised side of the trucks tray, the other to high on a nearby tree trunk to hold the weight.

Then one either side of the saw cut the limb, which was penetrating the trucks cab. It was difficult at first to get a rhythm going, as we found at times we were both either trying to push or pull at the same time. When we got used to just pulling and then letting the other pull, we went through the limb like a warm knife through butter.

Wiferth was amazed at how the saw cut through the hard wood, he wasn't the only one I can assure you. It was so easy once you got into it. I could see great potential with these tools. The other good thing was I was now lovely and warm.

The truck was gently lowered back on its wheels, and we managed to pull the remainder of the limb from the cab.

Whilst we still had the saw out, we decided to cut the limb up for firewood. Even in this cold I stripped off my padded coat and pullover. And with only jeans and thick shirt was quite warm as we tackled the cutting. When completed, I wiped the saw with an oily rag that I had brought along, and stored the saw in the van.

The truck had had no windscreen previously now the passenger side window was smashed and the gun mount turret above the passenger's seat had been torn off. The driver's side was untouched. I tried the engine and it wouldn't start. Then I remembered what I had been told, that in cold conditions to turn on the pre-heat on a diesel engine for a short while before attempting to start, this we done, and then when I gave it another go at starting, it sprung into life. Wiferth was stunned by the noise of this truck. It was far noisier than the semi's. It seemed to growl.

After the explosion I hadn't bothered looking for the spare diesel drums as I thought we would no longer need them. Now that I had the truck going it was essential, to see if they could be retrieved.

Since the door on the passenger's side was jammed and twisted I took the sledgehammer and set about knocking it out. It took some effort to get that door off, but eventually we had easy access to the passenger's side seat.

Wiferth jumped in and we drove over to the side of the clearing where the vehicles had been parked. As I said the snow wasn't that deep here and we started foraging around for anything that could be salvaged, which had been spread over about fifty yards.

We managed to retrieve a lot of sink units, a bath unit and the drums of diesel but they were a bit heavy to lift up on the truck. So we stood them up on end after rolling them to one spot. These were big items and I am sure that there will be other items to be found once the snow melts off the ground.

The one thing that I want to erect is the Ferguson windmill, to pump the water from the stream to the water tank. This was one item we had ordered that we were told was one of the best and is made in New Zealand. It is a single pole structure held upright by stays and has a six foot diameter six blade fan that is meant to pump 500 gallons a day in a light breeze. It was stated it would lift water to a vertical height of 175 feet from a depth of 25 feet and only needed to be stood on a concrete slab. Since this last requirement is out here, I was looking for a nice rock outcrop that I could use as a base and then drive four of the steel pegs into the ground to hold it.

So Wiferth and I searched around the stream area, we found a rock outcrop, which could be used as a base, but the ground was too soft and the pegs would just pull out. We sat down on the rocks and looked around. This would be an ideal area as it was quite open with only six medium size trees and then slightly open ground around.

I pondered the trees position and then noted that four of them were positioned in a square almost equidistant from the rock. If we felled the trees, we could either use the stumps or drive the metal spikes into the stumps, and the stumps would give the anchorage for the guy ropes.

"Wilferth I could use the four stumps that are equidistant from this rock were sitting on as anchors for the tower."

"I really don't understand Chally, but let's give your idea a try."

We got the saw out again and set about felling the six trees. We cut the stump about one foot above the ground. As I found that this was a comfortable height when one was kneeling. Before we started sawing I checked the wind and on the lee side of the tree took a wedge shape out with the axe. Then we got down to our two-handed saw routine. It became easier as we progressed.

I just had to stand up and shout, "TIMBER!!" when the tree started falling it just felt like the natural thing to do. I was surprised that it jumped back so much though. I took a mental note to move back a bit further than we did, whenever I heard that cracking sound.

The other trees went as easy as the first. We cut them up into manageable lengths and using the winch of the truck pulled the larger pieces together. Using a snatch block attached to one of the larger trees.

It was really getting dark fast and we departed back to the cabin.

During our day outside the ladies had given the cabin a good clean out and had a meal prepared for us.

Prior to coming in we set one of the sink units up on some some logs outside the door. I cut a piece of inner tube to serve as a stopper to hold the water in. This was what we will have to use for washing and bathing until I can set up a water system.

I mentioned it to the ladies and they thanked us.

"I'm not going to wash outdoors in this weather, can you bring one of the sink units inside, and then I can place it beside the fire and have a sponge bath there." Marjorie asked me. "And I don't want you two men inside when we ladies have a bath."

I noticed that Eastorhyld had seated herself at the table, and to think she had flatly refused to sit there when she lived here previously. Wiferth had pulled up a 'Compo Pack' stood it up on end and was sitting on that. It was nice us all sitting around the table chatting. The one light I had fixed up after the explosion was still working and giving off enough light to see what we were eating.

Wiferth and Eastorhyld said that they would have to be returning to Dunstan's fort, as they must now be worrying about them. The reason they had visited us was to ask if they could come and live here with us. Before telling their own people that they proposed to leave, and stay with us.

"I myself cannot make that decision it has to be made by the ladies as well. Here we are all equal and the decision has to be unanimous, especially on this matter."

"I agree they can come to stay here." Marjorie said.

"I too!" said Hild.

"Then it looks like you can call this your home. We are happy that you will be joining us."

"We will leave in the morning and return in a week."

"I would rather you delay leaving for at least a day, I would like you to help raise the windmill, and in fact I would appreciate as much help as possible." I said looking at the ladies.

"Not you Hild, you can come and give moral support only." I included.

After the meal I brought one of the sink units into the living area, to be used for our bathing. Hot water was on the fire, and Wiferth and I was told to get out, and would be called when they had finished; modesty!

Once outside, we walked over to the truck that Marjorie had been driving and climbed into the cab. Here we were out of the wind and cold. I looked around and noted that Marjorie had stacked all her shotguns in the rear bunk cabin, as well as boxes of ammunition. I knew that there was a lot of shotgun ammunition in a crate on the rear of the truck I drove, so this was extra. It could have been the ammunition she had had stored at her home.

I took possession of a pump action shotgun. It was a Remington Model 870 I knew that this weapon could take a three and a half cartridge it weighed seven and a half pounds though. But not that much more than the Hechlen Koch FABARM I saw there as well. She also had some beautiful Greener's that must have cost a pretty penny. I opened a box of multi-purpose seven and a half shot and loaded the five shells. I put the rest of the box in my pocket.

"When you come to stay here I think we will get Marjorie to show you the correct way to handle these weapons, she was a champion in our land."

I saw that Marjorie had left a tape in the player; I turned it on as I had never heard her listening to any music in her home, and I wondered what she liked. Pipes and drums! So that was her music. I don't object to pipe bands but not up close to the speaker as I was; she had it turned up high and I got the blast in the ear.

Wiferth loved the sound, he was swaying his body in time to the music. But then again he was after all a Celt and that is their type of music. So even separated by thousands of years their love of this type of music was still strong.

The ladies called us from the cabin; we then left the truck, which I locked. Why! I just didn't want these weapons to fall into the wrong hands. As I approached the door I saw where the women had thrown out the hot water, (which was bad practice and we had to stop doing after tonight) as there was a patch of melted snow, which would soon turn to ice. So they had finished bathing and it was now our turn.

When we entered they were all wearing housecoats, that is the first time ever I had seen Marjorie in a housecoat, Eastorhyld was in heaven they way she was clutching the coat with two hands.

"How did you manage it?" I asked them "To bathe I mean."

"We just stood in one tub with the water in the other and washed ourselves, you can't use much water but at least you can wash the sweat off. There is hot water in the pots and cold in the bucket."(We brought a number of buckets back with us).

"We are going to wait in the bedroom while you bathe." They said, turned and entered the bedroom.

I stripped myself down; poured the hot water in one tub with some cold and stood in the other I took a face towel and proceeded to wash myself. Wiferth stood with open mouth.

"Do you wash every day?"

"Yes! Sometimes twice, if I am doing a dirty job. How often do you bath?"

"I have bathed twice in my life," and seemed proud of that fact.

"Well when you come here you will be bathing every day. So you had better get used to it."

He was amazed at the soap and watched how I used everything. When he watched me clean my teeth he just stood and shook his head. I stepped out of the tub, gave myself a good drying, and changed into clean thermal underwear. He asked why I was putting on different clothing.

"Because that is what we do in my land after we bathe. So come one and get ready, I'll throw this water out.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.