Vengeance Heart: A Continuation - Cover

Vengeance Heart: A Continuation

Copyright© 2005 by Volentrin

Chapter 8

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Follow Roland and his father, Berandal's adventures as they learn and live and make their way in the world of magic, politics, and backstabbing.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fiction  

Two clan chiefs, the Kahn (who was the leader of the clans), and the representative from the Tidus principality stood staring at the smoking remains of the star. Five bodies were laying dead and were still smoking. The star had been destroyed by some spell cast in response to the attack on the enemy's leader.

The Kahn was not a happy man. He had been told that the book of magic they had used to create the star of five was a most ancient and powerful magical instruction. It was true, that with the books help, the five shamans had accomplished incredible feats of magic.

Still as he stood looking at the five bodies that had comprised the star, he was worried. Someone from the enemy camp had great power. The remaining shaman had been watching. He said a great spell came from the north, and caused this.

"My Kahn, our strongest shamen are dead. When the clan chiefs discover this, they will think treachery. We must sue the north for peace, and dissolve our agreement with the prince of Tidus," the Coyote clan chief said.

"There was no treachery on our part. If a battle plan goes wrong, do you kill the war leader? No, this is but a minor setback," the Tidus messenger rejoined.

"I agree, mighty Kahn", responded the other clan chief. "I do not see treachery anywhere. Someone from the northern kingdom is very powerful in magic, though. We must be cautious," the Snake clan chief finished.

The Kahn turned and walked away from the bodies of the five shamen. Five of the most powerful shamen from all the clans were dead. As he strode toward his lodge that had been made for the winter, he considered his options. They appeared to be as bleak as the winter weather.


Roland was brought in from the field to reside with the Duke, while questions and tests were done to the ring, and performed on both. Roland was getting just a bit surly with the whole thing. Once again, his ring had put him into a position of having suspicion thrust upon him, simply because of his abilities with the ring, and its known history.

What was even more of a problem, was the ring had a spell of true ownership, or something like that, on it. It would not work for anyone else. As a matter of fact, it would not accept anyone else's touch, physically. It slipped from the grasp as if you were trying to grip water.

While Roland understood the intellectual reasons for some of the doubts, he was feeling resentful all over again. He had thought this was behind him. But it appeared that what his teachers and masters of magic-craft could not understand or directly control, raised their suspicions. Not an unusual thing to happen, but annoying none-the-less.

The Duke's palace or castle was a very old building. It had been added to over the years, but had basically retained its ability to be what it once was, a fortress. Within its walls were the living spaces for the castle workers. Over two hundred men and woman worked and lived in the castle, while another fifty to seventy five men would report from the city to take care of the huge grounds and gardens.

Since Roland had not been given any official duties, he asked for and received permission to see how the Duke's castle was run.

The Chamberlain oversaw the Duke's schedule, and was also in over-all charge of the castle. While there were various men in position to order things done, the Chamberlain oversaw those men. They made the Chamberlain's job easier, by free-ing up the Chamberlain to do his main job: making sure his Duke stayed on schedule with whatever the Duke wanted do.

Spring came and there was a profusion of growth. Wild flowers sprang up everywhere, and the farmers were busy plowing and planting for the season. The news from the south was good. The clans had withdrawn, and without their support, the Tidus principality did not wish to carry on hostilities by themselves.

The Duke released most of the army to go back home, while keeping some posted at the garrisons in case of a surprise attack. Roland asked for and got permission to move to his new castle that was almost completed, and that would soon be his new home.

The Duke, had been patient with the guild's representatives. He declared Roland fit, not a threat to anyone, and free to do as he pleased. What 'pleased' Roland, was taking up his new duties as Baron Talvon of Talvon Barony.

He was still impressed that he had a title and was a member of the nobility. In all honesty, he was still a bit uncomfortable with it. So far, all he had been was a soldier who took orders. This would be his first time as the ruler of everything he surveyed... that is, when he got to his new home!


It was a ten day ride by horseback. The small group finally arrived at Roland's new home. The morning had given way to early afternoon, the day they came into sight of the castle. Roland was stunned at the size of the castle! It was huge, and they still had a goodly ride to get there.

As he got closer, more detail was revealed and became clear. First was an outer wall about a thousand feet from the castle or fortress. The castle was actually both, as it was supposed to withstand a siege, if it had too.

The first line of defense was a wall built at the base of the bluff upon which the castle was built, overlooking the river. An enemy would have to go through that twenty five foot high, three foot thick wall, first. Then they would have to pass through the thousand feet of cleared space 'killing field', between it, and the castle/fortress proper.

The castle/fortress had a wall that was twice as high, and twice as thick protecting it directly. Roland listened to the man telling him of the defenses, and looked anew with better understanding. He had been briefed on this before, but seeing the magnificent reality in front of him gave him a new and better understanding. Also, his stint with the Duke's army gave him an eye to appreciate the construction and capabilities as they were pointed out to him.

He could see that the first outer wall had been placed to utilize natural terrain features, helping with the defense of the castle. The wall was built across a gap that led up to the castle's second defensive wall.

To the right, the outer wall curved and followed the hill up and it met and joined the other wall. To the left, it ran almost to the edge of bluff, where it seemed to turn and join into the natural facing of the rock wall of the bluff. Whoever had built it had done a good job.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.