Vengeance Heart: A Continuation - Cover

Vengeance Heart: A Continuation

Copyright© 2005 by Volentrin

Chapter 2

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Follow Roland and his father, Berandal's adventures as they learn and live and make their way in the world of magic, politics, and backstabbing.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fiction  

Roland looked out one of the windows of his room in the castle. Snow was still coming down at a heavy rate. While not unheard of; this snowstorm had lasted three days, and was still going strong.

Snow was piled up on the east side of the castle's outer wall, as well as inside the castle's courtyard. All un-roofed spaces were 2 feet deep, or more, in snow. Even the covered walkways at the top of the castle walls had to be swept to remain clear of snow.

Berandal had asked Roland if he could do anything with his magic. Roland hesitated. He had a few spells, but was reluctant to use them. He told his father that while he had a spell or two, it would be best to wait to use them, as they had to be recast frequently in this type of weather. There were better spells, but he didn't know them yet.

For over two years now, Roland had studied magic with Gorman Tantleman. He was already well into the journeyman magician's level, and was working his way up from there. Next step was master magician. After master magician, came sorcerer, and then wizard. Finally, above all these, was that rarest rank of all: 'Mage'.

Now his days were different. From the 7th candle mark in the morning, to the 11th, he studied magic. He then had one candle mark free, to eat or rest. Then it was 2 candle marks of sword practice. After that, he studied with a tutor in math, and other such studies, most of which he thought a waste of time. His day was full from sun up to sun down, in study.

The castle had been repaired, even to the parts that had needed to be rebuilt. It was done very well, and only had a few drafty places. Hanging huge heavy drapes on those portions of the walls that still leaked air solved the problem. He was at a place in his magic where he THOUGHT he could solve the draftiness problem. His father told him not to attempt it, until he was sure.

One thing his magic could and did do, was warm the air. His rooms, his father's rooms, the servant's quarters, all were made comfortable. The fireplaces took care of the rest. Still, it was very chilly in much of the castle, as there were many rooms not being used. The kitchen was the warmest room in the castle, all year round.

Roland watched as a guard walked the East wall. Even though all the walls had covered walkways, it was still a dangerous thing to do in weather like this. He felt sorry for the guard, but trying to do weather magic was something he was not that comfortable with doing. Even the great wizards at the guild hesitated to use magic to change the weather.

Roland chaffed at his enforced stay at home. He wanted to be out and into the city, which was about an hours ride to the southeast. More to the point, he missed Tam! He missed going to the King's Inn, and talking with his friends. He didn't have many, and he cherished the few he did have, particularly Tam!

He was tempted to teleport to the Inn, now that he knew how. The only trouble was that he had been forbidden to do so, unless it was an emergency! Gorman was very serious about that, and most forceful with his instruction.

Roland sighed and stretched. While Gorman could and did teleport to the castle for his daily lessons, at least he was free from the math teacher! Lord, what a horrible thing was math! Still, he knew that it was important for some aspects of life. For example, carpenters, stonemasons, and merchants were all math users.

Roland felt a little put out at the level of math his father was making him learn. Gorman was not sympathetic, either. Well, at least the snowstorm was keeping one nuisance away! He had already finished up all the math work that had been left for him to do, and found himself with unprecedented free time.

It was during this free time, that he had a precognitive episode. He was starting to get them more frequently, but could not control them. They always pertained to him or those close to him. This one announced visitors, and soon!

He went in search of his father, and informed him they were going to be entertaining several highborn people. Then he explained how he knew. His father listened, and then asked him to do what he could about clearing the snow from the main gate. Roland went to put on his winter cloak, and his father summoned servants to prepare extra food and rooms for their guests.

Soon Roland had the gates clear enough to open. He then went inside, and cast a spell to warm the Great Hall. Normally, it was not heated with magic, but with fire that blazed merrily away in a huge fireplace, at its opposite end.

Shortly, everyone heard the bell from outside that announced that a visitor or visitors were seen turning onto the castle road itself. As it was still snowing heavily, and visibility was very limited, the visitors had to already have been on the castle road for some time.

Roland re-donned his winter cloak, and went outside. A guard yelled down that he could see horsemen and a sleigh coming up the hill. While he had received the precognitive flash, it had not told him how many people they would be entertaining, nor who they were.

Roland told the gate guard to open the castle gates. Slowly and ponderously they swung open. Soon 4 men on horses —guards- rode through the castle gates, followed by a sleigh that was being pulled by two Nestry horses. The sleigh was enclosed. A driver sat in front, while two footman sat on a bench attached to the rear. Four more horsemen rode behind the sleigh.

One of the guards who had ridden in with the first four, dismounted and approached Roland.

"Do you represent the lord of this castle?" the guard asked.

"There is no lord. I am the owner's son, Roland. Welcome to castle Talvon. I am Roland Talvon. My father, Berandal Talvon, is within; and is ready to welcome you all," Roland stated simply.

"I am escorting a most noble lord and his wife. Our horses are worn, and we could use shelter from this storm. Can we impose upon you and your father for hospitality? Besides our two principles, I have eight guards, a driver, and two footman," the guard asked politely.

"Of course. We received word of your coming, and have been preparing quarters and a meal for you, your men, and the nobles," Roland said.

The guard cocked his head, and said wonderingly, "You received word of us? In this weather? I wouldn't have thought it possible; but I thank you on behalf of my men, and the lord and his lady."

Having said that, he went to the sleigh, and opened the door. The nobles stepped out. A castle groom came forward and led the men, horses, and sleigh away. He would make sure the guards and horses were fed and quartered.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.