The Misty - Cover

The Misty

Copyright© 2005 by Volentrin

Chapter 1

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Alexander Connor was starting life as an explorer of the unknown universe. he bought and refurbished an older model explorer/miner mark12 and set off to explore! This is his story of what happens.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Science Fiction  

I checked my instruments again. Right in the groove. I was number 2 in line for docking to the United Star Lines' Engine 211. While I had a faster-than-light drive in my little Miner/Explorer Mark 12, it was not as fast as the huge FTL engine run by the line.

My best speed was 1 light year every two days. This engine/ship I was hooking up to was much faster. It traveled at a speed of 5 light years per day. So it paid for me and others like me, to buy passage with these huge engines, to transport us to or near our ultimate destination.

I had paid to go all the way through to the end of United Star's route, which was a little over 200 light years away. They ended at the furthest arm of explored space in the direction of galactic east from Earth.

My ship was over 60 years old, but I had paid for upgrades. Since I was an explorer, I could get away with being by myself. But I was required to have an AI Mark 2 at a minimum, to help with running the ship. I'd paid for an AI Mark 3.

Why not? I had the money... 'Had', being the operative word. Buying this ship, getting it licensed, and paying for the upgrades had taken the majority of it. I still had a little in a few accounts. I had two credit transfer chips with 10,000 GSC on each of them, as well as 5,000 GSC cash, in my strong box aboard the ship. I also owned a stock portfolio that would soon be paying very pleasant dividends. (Author's note: GSC = Galactic Standard Credit.)

The engine/ship that was hauling the various ships connected to it, was HUGE! My ship was 120 meters in length. Stocked as it was, I had a 9 month cruising range out and back. The engine that was going to transport us was over 140 meters in length, 22 meters wide, and 31 meters from top to bottom... and that was the engine, alone.

The company had put a hull around it; with life support, cabins, and huge cargo spaces. The result was ship that cost a hell of a lot of money, but could carry enough people and cargo to make it worth while. It also had masts that shot off it for external ships to hook up for rides at a cost. It topped out at 1000 meters in length. Only governments could afford as big or bigger ships that this one.

"Misty, you're now clear to dock and maglock on hull section 109. Place controls in 'repeat mode', and allow Engine 211 Control to bring you in to the dock," I heard over the radio.

"Misty to place controls to repeat mode. Controls now in repeat mode, over," I told Engine Control.

I received a brief acknowledgment, and watched with interest as my ship was maneuvered to a place on the hull of the huge engine/ship. I was small enough that they had decided not to waste mast space on me. Masts were for much larger ships, like the military frigate that was hitching a ride. It was 430 meters in length. There were also three liners filled with tourists, or colonials heading for their new homes.

Docking completed, I started to shut down the systems, and place power and life support on standby. It took about 30 minutes to get everything set for my absence. I had paid a little bit more, to ride in comfort inside the huge engine/ship. No reason to stay inside my little boat, when I had a huge spacious ship to explore. I was assigned cabin 91SD2. That is: cabin 91, starboard side, deck two.

On deck two there were 100 cabins. Deck one had the luxury suites, and first class cabins. Deck three was dorms for the cheapest tickets. 20 persons to a dorm. I'd heard that all 6 dorms were full. Of course, each deck had a mess hall, tables at which to eat, a gym, and an entertainment arcade.

I was lucky in that cabin 91, while a double berth, was not 'filled to capacity'. I had lucked out, and gotten a cabin to myself. In all honesty, I would have paid extra for a single cabin, but now I had a two person cabin to myself. At least, until the first stop, that is.

Most of the people catching a ride would remain in their own ships for the duration. I had the money to get a cabin, so I did. This meant having an officer from the engine/ship come on board, and do a courtesy inspection.

The inspection was cursory. It involved going over my manifest, and a visual inspection of the cargo holds and interior of my ship. I was hauling a small cargo to offset my costs. I had a shipment of medical supplies in sealed containers. Since everything checked, and the containers had been sealed at the port of departure, I got the nod. All that remained was to turn off the lights, and set my security system.

As I followed the officer out the hatch and through the docking tube; I sealed my ship, and clicked on the security system with my remote. I probably had the most state of the art ship security system known. It should be, as I was a stockholder in the company that designed, made, and installed it. I'd traded in a lot of shares back to the company to get an advanced copy of this system, which would not go on sale until late next year.

As soon as I exited the engine/ship's dock, I was welcomed and tagged. I received a wrist band that let the ship know where I was at all times, and granted me access to my cabin, and meals. It also kept a running account of any debts I ran up.

I had brought 500 GSC with me, which I gave to the purser. I received an electronic receipt. Now I had credit, and would receive the change due me at the end of the voyage... if I had any coming. I had another 100 GSC on me, for tips.

The exchange rates for local currencies to GSC were posted. I looked at the currency exchange for where I was headed. While I had not brought a lot of GSC with me, the exchange rate was such that I would be flush, in local currency!

Pleased, I asked for and received the help of a steward, to carry my one bag and take me to my cabin. It took an amazing 6 minutes of walking, and one lift ride, to get there. I tipped the steward a 1 GSC credit piece, and set about unpacking my bag.

While I had been on local Earth time, the ship was on a totally different time schedule. The evening meal had been served already, so I called for a meal to be sent to my cabin. It was lunch time to my stomach. As I ate, I turned on the cabin monitor, read the greetings and checked mail for me. I already had 4 emails!

The first was the standard welcome to the ship. I fast forwarded through it, quickly. I had taken two previous cruises in my life, and they all seemed to say the same thing. The second was of more interest to me as it contained my dining schedule, seat, and table assignment. It also explained some of the various services I could have as a passenger on this ship.

The third email was peculiar. It was from the captain of the Earth frigate, Saunders, and requested the pleasure of my company at my earliest convenience. She was going to be on board the next two weeks, and it would please her to receive me in her cabin within that time period.

The fourth email was from the captain of the engine/ship, requesting the pleasure of my company at the captain's table for supper tomorrow evening. Well, I had half way expected that one. Captains usually invited other ship captains to dine with them at least once, during a voyage. I was a ship owner/captain. A rarer individual.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.