Blood and Iron - Cover

Blood and Iron

Copyright© 2005 by Warlord

Chapter 13

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Betrayed by his wife and his friend and boss. Hiding out in the north woods, a hermit for the next two years. He's planning on taking the time to heal alone. It doesn't work out quite that way...

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Light Bond   Group Sex   Orgy   Harem   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Violence  

Ronnie smirked at me. "Suddenly, hunter, so little confidence in your persuasive abilities?"

She laughed, and Hjordis and Donna joined her. As the laughter tapered, the princess watched me carefully, her eyes again doing that shift thing from amused to appraising, as she said, "I wish to see the bandit's treasure."

Her impassive blue eyes focused on mine, she repeated, "Their cache, my hunter. Where is it?"

I stared into those mesmerizing blue eyes, answering simply, "Under the barn, your grace."

One eyebrow came up a smidgen as her eyes probed mine. "Show me."

In a lithe motion, the Princess bounced to her feet. She reached down, proffering her hand, then grinning widely when I ignored her offer, getting myself up far less gracefully. She smiled at Hjordis and Donna, reaching out and saying pleasantly, "Please come along."

The princess turned to the ever attentive Blade, saying briskly, "You as well, with Jeremy, and bring light crystals please."


We entered the barn as Hjordis again reached down, flipping her buckle's catch and revealing her light crystal. Ronnie did the same as Donna dropped a crystal into her palm from a pocket behind her dagger. This was getting ridiculous; was I the only one unprepared?

I'd show them some 'real' supremacy over the forces of darkness; my Zippo lighter was juiced with gasoline...

Before I could pursue my musings, Blade and Jeremy showed up with more light crystals in candle boxes. With the barn illuminated, I flipped back the trap door Blade handed me a reflecting box that I placed at the bottom of the ladder, brightly lighting the bandits' hiding place.

I came back up the ladder to find an impatient princess. Ronnie started for the ladder as soon as I vacated it. Blade and I reached for her and the ladder, only to receive a withering look in return. We both paused as she asked in a voice heavy with disdain, "Shall I also expect your help when next I sit a horse?"

With a peremptory gesture, Ronnie backed us away from the ladder as she nimbly started down. She paused only to stick out her tongue at me. Blade made grinning eye contact as Hjordis giggled.

I looked around to see Donna holding the Princess's sword belt while Hjordis was now peering down into underground hoard. She began stacking jewelry boxes next to her as the Princess handed them up. Ronnie's head popped up out of the hole. She pulled herself up in one smooth motion, to sit with her legs swinging in the opening, facing me.

She stared at me in silence, finally saying, "Much gold, my hunter; why did you not bargain with me?"

Shrugging, I replied, "I did not think to, your Grace."

She shook her head slightly as she answered sardonically, "No, another of your artful traps."

I asked softly, "A trap, Ronnie?"

She nodded slowly and carefully, as her cool voice answered, "Of course. You freely lead me to this vast treasure, leaving me to choose your prize. Can there be any worse snare?"

Her eyes flicked around the barn then settled on mine as she smirked, "Though I'm sure, my hunter, you'd have suggestions for possible rewards."


Jeremy and Donna now delivered flagons of ale to all of us. We sat on various wooden boxes and farm implements in a long empty box stall, drinking our ale, as we contemplated the open trap door with the light spilling out, illuminating the jewel boxes stacked next to it. My quizzical perusal of the boxes was matched by Ronnie's study of me.

After her thirst was slaked, Ronnie said, "Another task for you, my hunter. Having to do with those jewel cases you find so fascinating."

She continued, "Because of my time spent with the stable hands, I know the talk of the royals, hear the gossip of the backstairs, and sometimes learn of scandals unknown to almost everyone."

Ronnie gestured at the cases as she went on. "For instance, I am one of very few aware that highborn women captured by the highwaymen were ransomed back to their families. The nearest kin even now sequester those liberated, in terror of the death threats that accompanied their release. You, my hunter, will find the owners of those cases, return their precious heirlooms and by that boon learn what they know of the vipers among us."

With a beaming smile Ronnie took a sip of her ale, ignoring the effect of her words.


As the tumult died down, Ronnie again smiled at me. I was, not for the first time, wondering if a princess's amused smile would always presage trouble for me.

Ronnie asked almost gaily, "My hunter, what is this bold plan of yours for my travel?"

I set down my ale as I stood to reply, saying ruefully, "I have the beginning of a plan only, your grace."

Ronnie made an encouraging gesture and the others offered shrugs and appreciative looks of support as I slowly forged ahead, looking only at the princess. "We do not know if there are more ambushes planned. I think I have broken the back of the attackers here in the forest, but I have no idea of the real numbers involved in the broader conspiracy."

I took a deep breath as I offered, "You should continue in a small party on horseback, while a wagon carries the bodies and treasure back to the King."

Ronnie nodded calmly. "And the coach?"

Chuckling and shaking my head I answered, "That is the part not so well planned."

A ruminative silence fell as we pondered my suggestion. Hjordis spoke without preamble. "It could work, your Grace. A small party on fast horses, perhaps one or two pack horses, with any ambusher expecting a great coach."

Jeremy continued the thought, saying, "The bodies, weapons and gold being displayed in the back of a wagon on the way to King Holm would sow great confusion; maybe even split their remaining forces as they tried to react."

I commented, "That wagon filled with gold would very likely be attacked, your Grace."

Jeremy showed his mettle, saying, "I would be pleased to lead the wagon party, Princess Veronica, if it meant your greater safety."

Blade spoke up, saying, "What of the 'thistles' hidden in our troops, your grace? They are here to aid any ambusher. How would they react to your getting away?"

Donna asked quietly, "What if they didn't suspect that she was getting away?"

In a sudden buzz of questions, Ronnie gestured, and Donna went on more loudly. "They would naturally assume that the Princess would follow the gold back to King Holm. Let them think your preparations for travel are back to where you came and they will likely not attempt to prevent your leaving. Especially if we leave that full ale keg!"

Blade grinned wolfishly. "It's not like any of them are spoiling for a fight. Any excuse to lay under the big oak tree drinking ale while waiting for your return would be attractive to these so-called warriors."

Ronnie smiled as she nodded in sudden decision. "We leave the worst of them to guard the coach. Jeremy leads the wagon party. Blade is with us on horseback. We go our separate ways when we reach the forest road."

Ronnie looked at me as one eyebrow came up fractionally. " What of you, hunter?"

In the sudden silence, I replied, "I must return to the woods my lady. I am still in search of that "something" that threatens you, Nadia, and the kingdoms."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.