Blood and Iron - Cover

Blood and Iron

Copyright© 2005 by Warlord

Chapter 5

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Betrayed by his wife and his friend and boss. Hiding out in the north woods, a hermit for the next two years. He's planning on taking the time to heal alone. It doesn't work out quite that way...

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Light Bond   Group Sex   Orgy   Harem   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Violence  

With the Princess's words, the Baron stood glaring at her. She frowned, gesturing rather emphatically. Radcliff slammed his sword back into its scabbard, before he stalked to the tables where the other black clad guardsmen were gathered.

A guardsman stepped up to the bar by Luther. This one had the mien of every 'non-com' I've ever seen, as he requested stabling the horses then made arrangements for food and lodging, digging in his purse to pay for it all.

Now the princess's gaze settled on me. She walked forward I was forced to put up my Katana. Before I belatedly remembered my manners, she was already seated, gesturing to my chair and saying softly, "Sit, Brock, and let us talk without formality, one warrior to another. I am Nadia."

As I sheathed my blade, Nadia smirked, saying in her amused tone, "Very foolish hunter. Why?"

I shrugged, saying, "He reminded me of someone. Someone I did not like very much."

She cocked her head as she grinned. "Obviously." She continued, now more serious, "And if I had not interfered?"

I smiled coldly. "We would have danced, the baron and I."

She nodded, smiling in genuine amusement. "I've seen the baron dance. It might have been amusing, but I could not risk it."

I was puzzled and must have looked it, as she went on, "You might have killed him. What if the King chooses to imprison you for killing his pet baron? Far worse, he might have killed you."

I raised an eyebrow as I asked, "Far worse?"

She nodded, saying calmly, "Who knows how hunters might act in response to stories of the black baron killing one of them. The last time there was anything close to such a dispute was in my grandfather's grandfather's time. The hunters reacted badly to one of their own being jailed by the king."

I was interested in this little history lesson, so I asked eagerly, "They attacked, freeing him, my lady?"

The princess smiled prettily as she shook her head. "Nadia, please, but no, hunter Brock, far, far worse. Hunters, one and all, merely disappeared back into the forests. Animals ran wild; criminals were untouched while slaves ran away with impunity. The king was nearly deposed before he released the hunter, with lavish gifts of jewels and gold. It was years before hunters completely forgave the king, returning in numbers to the kingdom."

Nadia reached across the table, picking up my wine glass, taking a taste. I refilled the glass; she smiled, taking a healthy swallow while I sipped my coffee.

Nadia smirked at me as she continued, "No more, Hunter, please, with your attempted dance lessons for our baron or others high born. The kingdom can ill afford it. Rather you would dance at one of the receptions at King Holm."

She looked at me archly as she dipped her finger in the wine, then used it, wetting her lips, saying seductively, "I would welcome a dance lesson."

With my start of surprise, I looked to see Cori and Ria busy helping the other slaves serve the platters of food and drink to the guardsmen. In the midst of all this activity Baron Radcliff's black eyes were locked on our table. Seeing my look, Nadia, grinning, made a dismissive gesture with her fingertips in the Baron's sightline. The sound of his palm striking the tabletop echoed through the great room like a pistol shot as he angrily turned away from us.

Nadia settled deeper in the chair as she looked tiredly at me while I again filled the wine glass for her. She smiled gratefully as she said with a sigh, "Hard journey from Port City, hunter. We will rest, then late tomorrow on to Duke Edgar in Castle Town, then from there we press on to King Holm."

I nodded even though I did not yet have a good sense of geography and distance. I looked up to see Cori at a dead run toward our table bringing wine and ale for the princess. As Cori set the tray on the table, Nadia said appreciatively, "Thank you for this, but I will be dining with the guardsmen."

After another glass of wine disappeared in a swallow. Nadia looked over at me, asking, "And what of you, hunter?"

I shrugged as I answered, "I, too, travel to Castle Town."

Before I could elaborate, the Princess's face with wreathed in a huge smile as she practically gushed, "You must travel with us, Hunter. We have extra horses and the coach. I am sure the baron would be happy to provide a mount."

I am not sure if Nadia was aware of the fine irony of her baron providing a horse. My guess is that Radcliff's choice would qualify for a saddle bronc slot in the National Finals Rodeo. Climbing aboard would be an exciting few seconds for me I'm sure. Very God Damn few seconds!

This odd mating dance of Princess and Baron was making me nervous. Now that my brain was back somewhat in control I wondered what possessed me to call out a member of nobility in the middle of his troops. An armored, well armed and competent...

Then, too, the lovely Nadia throwing me in the baron's face was hardly likely to endear me. Not that I minded this time with Nadia - she was lovely. I would like to see what she looked like out of her armor. Okay, in a fancy dress at one of those royal balls. It seemed unlikely that she'd remember her invitation or me once she was on the road. Even more doubtful that the Black Baron Radcliff would let me get close enough in the future to remind her.

Before I could say or do anything getting me further enmeshed in the Nadia and Radcliff soap opera, Luther was standing next to our table. Nadia looked up, saying in an inquisitive tone, "Yes, Innkeeper?"

Luther answered in his best Innkeeper manner. "My lady, I have served the guardsman and Baron."

Nadia answered in a pleasant fashion. "Thank you, innkeeper. I will join them."

She started to rise with Luther quickly grabbing her chair. I stood up as well. Nadia grasped my hand as she smiled at me, saying with genuine warmth, "I enjoyed this time, hunter. Uncle Oswald will know of your hospitalities."

With that, she released my hand in one lithe motion, spinning and striding to join the guardsmen. She was already seated between two of them far down from the baron before Luther or anyone at their table could react. She was immediately talking animatedly with them and Trevor sitting across the table. Now they had full benefit of Radcliff's baleful looks.

Luther looked over at me with a neutral expression. I shrugged as I asked softly, "Luther, would it be possible to get an early meal?"

He nodded. "Certainly, Brock, sir. How early?"

I answered, "I would like to be gone before dawn."

Now just a hint of a smile as Luther said, "Certainly, Brock, I will inform Trevor of your intentions while Cori and Ria will be sure that you awaken in good time. Will there be anything else?"

I nodded, saying, "Yes, Luther I'd like to remain a guest here at the inn."

Luther looked pleased as he said, "Of course, we will keep your room and any item you leave here will be in our safe keeping."

I picked up my Katana that had been leaning against the table and began walking toward the stairs. Suddenly the guardsmen 'non-com' blocked my way. Aw, shit.

Then he spoke in an altogether unthreatening way saying quietly, "Hunter, your knife."

As he pointed to the post behind us. He stepped around me pulled the knife out of the wood then smiling presented it haft first. I closed my mouth with a snap then taking the knife and sheathing it as I thanked him. He almost inaudibly said, "You missed."

I started, then grinned as I replied, "I was aiming for the wall."

Now he snickered as he returned to his seat. As I came abreast of the several packed tables, I realized the guards for the inn and the Baron's were intermingled. Trevor waved, wishing me a good night that was echoed up and down the tables. After a particularly pointed look from the Princess, Baron Radcliff offered his tepid one. I thanked them, as I waved and kept moving, away from any possible display by the Baron.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.