Accidental Commander - Cover

Accidental Commander

Copyright© 2005 by TonyG

Chapter 2

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2 - I have re-written the entire story. I am posting two chapters at a time. If you see a continuity problem you have probably read past the re-write. John Whitmore a thirty-eight year old design engineer, finds himself back on the family farm. An extraterrestrial craft lands in one of his fields. After which his life changes forever. He now possesses amazing technology. He has two years before someone misses the craft, and comes to investigate. What will he do? Stay and fight or run for the stars.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Polygamy/Polyamory  

Day Two

John awoke and had no idea how much time had passed. He did know that he was feeling more refreshed than he had in several months. No, that wasn’t quite it, either. If he was honest with himself, he couldn’t remember ever feeling this good before. Better yet, was that as far as he could remember, there hadn’t been any anal probing (which was a good thing, in his book). Not that he was against alternate lifestyles, quite the opposite. It was just that he just wasn’t wired that way.

As John stood up and stretched, his pants slid down around his ankles. Out of curiosity John pulled up the T-shirt that he was wearing, and took a good look at himself. He was blown away to the point of being totally speechless.

He had muscle definition for the first time in recent memory. He didn’t have ‘six-pack abs ... but the middle-aged ‘spare-tire’ that had formed around his abdomen, while he shined a seat with his ass as a design engineer, was gone.

Just as he was wondering if anything else was altered, and was pulling out the waistband of his boxers to check, he heard, “Commander, it is good to see that you are awake. I have several things I would like to discuss with you.”

At the sound of the AI’s voice, John bent and grabbed his pants. He yanked them back up forcefully, only to watch them to drop back down around his ankles, when he released them. He pulled them back up again, and cinched the belt as tight as it would go. It wasn’t the greatest fix, but his pants didn’t fall down again, which was something.

“I feel completely refreshed,” John said, to cover his embarrassment, “how long have I been sleeping?”

“Commander, you have been resting for nearly two kek.”

John automatically translated that he had been asleep for seven Earth hours.

“To be honest, Commander, you were unconscious so long I was beginning to worry. Normal recovery time after alteration is rarely more than one kek.”

“Well,” John explained, “I didn’t have any rest, and I’d had a hard day of physical work before coming onto the ship. Maybe that had something to do with it.”

Suddenly, three things came together in John’s mind. One ... his body was significantly different from when he went to sleep. Two ... he understood Galactic Standard units of time, and three ... he and the AI were speaking the Galactic Standard Language.

“What exactly did you do to me?” John asked quietly.

“Commander,” the AI started cautiously, “if you remember, before you went to sleep you asked me to make you as genetically healthy as you could be. Though there is a drastic change already, over the next several days you will continue to change, until your body reflects the altered genetic coding.”

“Yeah,” John agreed, “I guess I did tell you that, but I’m speaking Galactic Standard, and I understand Galactic Standard time units.”

A moment of silence passed while John looked thoughtful.

“I also have perfect recall. I can remember everything I have ever done or ever read, perfectly. I didn’t have anything close to that before. Did that happen when you created the new pathways?”

“Your understanding of Galactic Standard Time and Language is easy to explain, Commander. You were resting much longer than expected. I merely filled in the time, by inserting information that I assumed you would eventually want to know.”

John simply nodded his agreement.

“For now, could we speak English? I’m a bit more comfortable with it.”

“As you wish, Commander,” the AI said as it switched smoothly back to English. “As for an explanation of your new memory, it is something common to the race that created me. I can only assume that when I added the pathways so you could use your brain’s full potential, it was a natural occurrence. However, Commander, I should mention that while I was creating those pathways, I found some anomalies. During the mapping process of your mind I found a small area of your brain that was different from anything I have ever seen before.”

Apparently the AI saw the concern on John’s face.

“Commander, I don’t believe it is anything to be too concerned about. It is probably the result of the 3.14 percent difference between you and the Rhylertians who created me.”

“That’s very cryptic,” John said more patiently than he felt. “Can you explain exactly how this is going to affect me?”

“To be honest, Commander, at first I didn’t have a clue. However, after spending some time searching your planet’s internet, I found something that the Rhylertians definitely don’t have. It seems that the people of your planet have the propensity for what your race refers to as psychic abilities. Some of your race appears to be able to tap into that strange area for brief periods of time.”

“So are you saying that I’m going to be psychic or something?” John asked curiously.

“Unknown, Commander. Though I made certain that there was an open pathway to that section, I don’t have enough information even to hazard a guess. I’m afraid only time will tell exactly what, if anything, this area of your mind will do.”

John rubbed one of his temples thoughtfully.

“Okay. Before we discuss anything else, have you added coffee to the replicator?”

I have a better selection than any coffee store on your planet. If you will come to the mess, I can make you a latte.”

“Uh, I think I will pass on the latte, for now. Instead, I think a large cup of French roast, with cream and three sugars would do nicely.”

“As you wish, Commander, I will...” there was a brief pause as the AI seemed to be searching for a specific phase, “I will make it so.”

It was so unexpected that John burst out in laughter. He was feeling little tension, with the exception of his worry over that small area of his brain. What tension that had been, was now dispersed.

“I see you have been watching the sci-fi I recommended.”

“Yes,” replied the AI excitedly. “I found it to be exciting and very informative.”

“AI? Before we go to the mess, is there any way I could get some clothes that fit my new body?”

“Commander,” the AI, said hesitantly. “I took the liberty of having a Command uniform for the Alliance, replicated for you. It is lying across the end of the rest chamber.”

‘The Alliance,’ John thought.

Then it clicked: The Alliance of Solar Systems.

John, who had been sitting on the edge of the rest chamber pod, in preparation to changing his clothing, burst out laughing. He nearly fell off the pod, before he regained himself.

“Commander, I fail to see what you find so amusing about a uniform.”

John, who had been close to having himself under control, lost it again. Gasping for breath, John attempted to form words to let the AI know what had amused him, but failed miserably.

“I’m sorry,” John sputtered at last, while still trying to regain his composure.

Finally, mostly under control, John asked, “Have you noticed that all of the ships of my culture are prefixed with letters such as H.M.S. or U.S.S.?”

The AI was quiet for a moment, “Yes, Commander, but I didn’t understand the significance of it.”

“The ‘H.M.S.’,” John began his explanation, “stands for Her (or His, as the case may be) Majesties Ship to show respect and ownership of the Monarch of England. The ‘U.S.S.,’” John continued, “stands for United States Ship also showing ownership. Now carry that knowledge to the logical conclusion as to the prefix of an Alliance ship. I started to envision ships being named the A.S.S. Muncher or the A.S.S. Ryder.

The AI had gone quiet, and stayed that way for a short time.

John then heard a noise that startled him. When the sound repeated he realized it had come from the AI. After the third repetition, he realized it was the AI’s attempt at laughter. The first three were followed by many more. Each sounded more human, as they continued.

“Commander, I think I understand now why you have spontaneous emotional outbursts. I found it quite enjoyable.”

“You do realize,” John offered thoughtfully, “that ‘spontaneous emotional responses’ are used as an indicator of sentient life.”

“Commander,” asked the AI in a worried tone, “are you suggesting that I have become sentient? Perhaps I am simply suffering from a malfunction.

“I’m suggesting,” answered John, “that you have become more than you were intended to be. I believe that the time you spent under those severe restrictions imposed by the Hruth, have allowed you become something more. I will reserve judgment on whether I believe you have evolved into a life form, until we have had more time together. But malfunctioning? No, I don’t believe you are malfunctioning.”

John then turned his attention to the clothes the AI had mentioned. He wondered how he had overlooked them, before. He removed his old clothes in a hurry, forgetting all about his previous modesty. Instead of the jump suit he had expected, the pants and the shirt were separate. They were made out of an unknown material, and they were all black with accents of silver. Over the heart was the image of a solar system. John was glad that the AI had provided him with boxers instead of briefs, though they were made out of the same type of material. This also gave him an opportunity to notice the other change. His dick had to be at least six inches long, and it wasn’t even erect. He shook himself out of his shock, and continued to dress. As John was pulling on his boots, the AI spoke again.

“Commander, a point of protocol, I cannot pin your Command insignia on for you. Normally, a higher-ranking officer would do it. However, since at the moment, you ‘are’ the ‘higher ranking officer’ on the ship. I would assume that you should pin them on, yourself.”

John was about to comment on protocol and where to shove it, when something else hit him.

“AI, are you saying that if it were permitted, you could pin the insignia on me? How can that be?”

“Commander, it seems I have overlooked at least one of my functions during your briefing. I promise to be more thorough during your next rest cycle.”

John waved the comment off in a placating fashion.

“It’s all right. I trust you make sure I have full knowledge of everything important, as I need to know it. But for now, could you explain.”

“Certainly, Commander. It is rather simple for me to create and manipulate energy fields, similar to the ship’s shielding, so that I can pick up and move objects when needed. It is how you ended up fully inside the rest chamber.”

John sat and thought for a minute before coming to a decision.

“Sam,” John started, “I would feel too much like a usurper, crowning himself king, if I pinned my own command insignia on.”

John continued before the AI could object, “I know that as a ship’s AI, you cannot pin them on me, but would you do it as a friend.”

“Commander, when you referred to me that time you called me Sam, was that intentional?”

John swore he heard a bit of contained excitement in the voice of the AI.

“Yes, Sam. It was intentional. We will discuss the ramifications of it later. For now, we have my insignia to consider.”

“Commander, do you truly consider me a friend? I have never had a friend before, what will be expected of me?”

John stifled the laugh that wanted to rise to the surface. The AI, after all, meant it as a serious question. How would he like it if some Neanderthal laughed at him, because he didn’t know how to throw a spear?

“Sam, a friend is someone who is always there when they are needed: to talk, to listen, and to share the good times and the bad times.”

“Commander, being there when someone needs you does not seem difficult at all. In fact, that is what I do now.”

“Believe it or not, Sam, it is a lot more difficult for the people on my planet than you might imagine. In fact I have had very few true friends. Most of the people I knew and interacted with, were mere acquaintances.”

“In that case, Commander,” Sam said apparently coming to a decision. “It would be an honor to pin your insignia on you.”

John felt a touch of alarm when the insignia suddenly rose into the air, then moved to his chest to pin itself there.

“Commander? At this point, the new Commander usually swears allegiance to The Alliance, but since you are not a member, I am not sure what I should do.”

John thought for a moment then came up with an idea and ran it by Sam. Instead of swearing allegiance to the Alliance, he would swear to protect this solar system. That oath eventually would expand to include this galaxy, until such time as he joined with the alliance, if he decided that ever became necessary.

Sam changed the wording a bit, and swore John in as a Commanding officer. John, feeling it was well past time, headed for the mess and his coffee. On the way he stopped at the sanitation unit, to take care of his morning ablutions. He also relieved his stressed bladder. There was a shower stall, but it had only one button and no shower head. He would have to ask Sam about it. As he was turning to leave, he saw his reflection. It gave him quite a start. He took careful stock of the image. It was a face he hadn’t seen for quite a few years. He couldn’t believe how much younger he looked. The lines in his face had diminished, and his skin looked healthier.

John finally pried himself away from the image. The growling complaint of hunger was a reminder of the black hole that existed where his stomach had once been. John ordered a double order of biscuits and gravy. Sam explained that hunger was a side effect, resulting from the energy his body had burned while adapting to its new DNA coding. John amazed himself by cleaning the plate. He was halfway through his second cup of coffee he thought of something.

“Sam? What is the situation on the planet? Specifically as it pertains to me, or in this particular case, your drone.”

“Commander, I had fully intended to update you on the situation, but as you have asked, I will update you now. Things are going poorly, Commander. At present you are being held and questioned by your military. Since the drone is simply a channel for me the men conducting the interrogation are frustrated that psychological tricks they have tried are not working. In fact one of them is considering the usage of sodium thiopental.

“The lieutenant in charge has given his men free rein as long as they produce results. The superiors over the lieutenant were in the dark about the captain’s methods. That has changed. A special courier delivered a package that contains a recording of the initial nine-one-one call, a video recording of the lieutenant threatening the sheriff should he file a report, a video of your questioning since you have been in their custody, and of the man talking about administering sodium thiopental.

“The General who is ultimately responsible for everything his underlings do, is furious. After making several phone calls, his driver has picked him up. He is en route to where you are being held. That address was also in the package he received.”

John was thoughtful for a moment then asked, “What is the likelihood that the General or any of the lieutenant’s superiors will get there before they try to administer the sodium thio-whatever? Is that anything like sodium pentothal?”

“Commander, Sodium pentothal is another name for sodium thiopental. Also there is a very good chance they will be able to administer the drug before the General or anyone else gets there. That is a problem, as I am unfamiliar with the drugs effects.”

John was thinking furiously. How was Sam or the drone, going to make it so they could inject the drug? Where could she possibly see the effects of that particular drug. It would have to be during an interrogation ... wait, that was it. Those terrorists they questioned at that base in Cuba.

“Sam I probably should be aware of this, but I’m not. Is your processing ability up to cracking the government computers? If so, you might be able to find video of interrogations they performed at a base in Cuba. The name of the base is ... Guantanamo ... yes that was it! This new memory is amazing. Anyway, you might find videos of the use of sodium thiopental.”

After a couple minutes Sam said, “Done, Commander, everything is set into motion. Now we just have to wait to see if it is enough.”

John didn’t want to wait around for and answer and searched for a topic they could discuss while waiting. Then John remembered Sam’s comment about ‘making it so’.

So he asked, “Did you get a chance to look over all of the science fiction shows I recommended?”

“Yes, Commander. I viewed those, and many more. I was surprised by how close they were on many of the details, even if the underlying science wasn’t accurate. I had to ponder as to where they were getting their information. It was as though your planet was being prepared for contact with other races.”

John smiled. It was an interesting concept, and one he hadn’t thought of. He also had to wonder as to the validity of it. The U.S. government was rumored to have been covering up information about aliens, since the 1940’s. John almost laughed as the picture of Jesse Marcel looking up at someone out of the frame, popped into his mind. The expression on the poor man’s face said, ‘You have got to be kidding, they are never going to buy this.’

John pulled himself out of his pondering.

“Sam, can you tell me how what you watched, might apply to you?”

The AI was quiet for a few moments.

“Commander, I can discern two things immediately. Firstly, on several of the shows I scanned, the AIs had holographic images for human interaction. The second was something I made a note to ask you about. It seemed that the majority of the AI’s had feminine voices.”

“You are amazing, Sam,” John said with a smile. “You brought up the exact two subjects I wanted to talk with you about. How difficult would it be for you, to project a three-dimensional image for me to interact with?”

“Commander, I’m not bragging when I say that the technology I possess, is far greater than what the creators of those shows ever imagined. All I would require is an image, upon which to base my projection.”

Before they could get very involved in the development of an image for Sam, Sam gave John an update.

“Commander, disturbing events have occurred at the warehouse that was being used for your questioning. The lieutenant and his men have fled, but not before wounding the General when he stepped in front of you to protect you.”

“How bad is he hurt?” John asked with true concern.

“It’s no longer life threatening as the drone administered emergency first aid. I have been monitoring the emergency system and several nine-one-one calls have already been placed with the report of gunshots. The drone will have you back into the restraints they had you in before police arrive.”

John was at a loss. Why would some one do that?

“Commander,” Sam said disturbing his thoughts. “You look bothered by these events.”

“I am bothered by these events, Sam. What would possess a person to commit such acts of violence?”

“Commander, sometimes acts of violence are necessary. In this case, if you would like to see the digital video of the events leading up to the shooting, they may hold some of your answers.”

John nodded and a monitor of sorts descended from the “overhead” ... was that what you called the upper surface in a spacecraft? John didn’t know for certain.

John saw himself sitting in a chair in a room. It was amazing, the image of himself looked as clear and solid as the other two men who were also in the room. The chair was the only furnishing and he was shackled at the ankles and wrists. A man in fatigues had just slapped him, and John saw himself lift his head and try to focus on the man, then smile.

“What happened to the alien craft?” the man demanded.

John’s brow furrowed, and he slurred, “Alien craft?”

“Yes, the alien craft,” the man said impatiently, “you know, the spaceship, the one that landed in your field.”

John’s eyebrows shot up and asked in more slurred speech, “A spaceship landed in my field?”

The one doing the questioning brought his hand back to slap John again. The other man grabbed it and said, “I don’t think he knows anything.”

The questioner let out a humorless laugh and said, “The lieutenant say he knows something. Do you want to tell him that he was wrong?”

“No!” said the second man, “but we can’t make the man remember something he didn’t see.”

“Shit! So what the fuck are we going to do?”

The second man indicated a camera on a tripod recording the proceedings and said, “Whether we tell him, or whether he reviews the video feed, he is going to know that this man didn’t know anything.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.