Life Flashes By - Cover

Life Flashes By

Copyright© 2005 by Martin Wingsdale

Discontinued

Erotica Sex Story: Discontinued - This is a coming-of-age story of a teenage boy who finds himself starting a new life at a private co-ed boarding school along the California coast.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Aunt  

I think what they say is true. Life flashes by in an instant. In addition, when faced with the gravest of situations, your entire life flashes by before you.

I now know this to be true for me. I'm sitting here wondering just how I got myself into this mess. As I look out the window, I can see the rain pelting against it. Most people are accustomed to viewing the rain falling lazily to the earth. However, this type of rain appears as if it is almost completely horizontal. I suppose that's what happens when you are moving at a very rapid rate through the rain.

I hear a crackle on the overhead announcement system as a female voice begins to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen, please remain calm..." I tune out the rest of her speech. I already know more than enough about our current situation. I'm also too lost in my own train of thought.

Again, I begin to wonder just how I've gotten myself into this situation. My life begins to flash before my eyes, but not from the point in time that I'd have expected.


I'm sitting on "my" bed staring out the window. People are passing by outside. I can see other parents with their children who are just now doing what my own parents have just done: move their child to a new locale away from home. My parents left only a mere ten minutes ago and already I'm beginning to feel slightly alone.

I glance up at the clock on the wall. It must belong to my roommate for the summer. The clock shows that it's approximately 4:40 in the afternoon. Speaking of my roommate, I wonder how much time I have to finish unpacking my things and putting them away before he strolls in. I don't want the room to be a complete mess when I first meet him. The men's dean says that my roommate is going to be a junior next year, so I'm looking forward to getting advice from him. After all, I'm only to be a lowly freshman.

My dad, Greg, at 5'10" is taller than my puny 5'6". He stood looking down at me and, as he shook my hand, gave me the only piece of advice I got from either of my parents. He said, "Son. Just remember where you come from. Remember that everyone is the same inside. Nobody is better than anyone else is. Trust your judgment. I think that your mother and I did an all right job of raising you, so trust in your instincts. But if you ever need to talk we will be just a quick phone call away."

I nodded at my dad and then looked over at my mom, Melissa, to see a few tears escaping from her lovely blue eyes. (Almost everyone I meet comments on how I have my mother's eyes and I lamely reply that I hope not: she needs them!) I then hugged my mom for what seemed like a few minutes. Then my parents left without another word and here I am putting away my things while surrounded by an unfamiliar environment.

I glance around the room again. The walls are a plain, flat white. At least my roommate has put up a few posters to liven things up a bit. It appears that he likes Madonna, which is okay, since I like her music. There are two dressers set into the wall. Since the dresser closest to the bunk beds is full of clothes already, I'm putting my clothes into the dresser closest to the two desks by the window. With that done, I turn to the closet.

Inside the closet is quite a mess. My roommate's things are in a jumbled pile on the left side and take up most of the back as well. Nevertheless, there is still plenty of space to hang what few things I need to hang, so I'm happy for that. I hurriedly put the rest of my stuff in the closet and then shut the door; I'm sure that the closet door will remain shut most of the time, with that mess in there!

I walk over to the bunk beds. I'll have to sleep on the top bunk by way of default. I suppose that whoever moves into their room first will always choose to have the bottom bunk. I don't mind, however. This whole experience is new to me so I'm not about to complain. I just busy myself making my bed as best as I knew how. Mom always tells me to make sure my bed is presentable whenever I'm not in bed asleep.

Just as I finish making my bed, the door to the room opens and in walks a guy whom I presume to be my roommate. He looks to be only slightly taller than I am and has blonde hair, blue eyes, and wears glasses. He looks over and smiles at me as he sticks out his hand. "Hi! You must be Nathan. I'm Tyler. Tyler Prichard. It's nice to meet you."

I shake Tyler's hand and reply, "Hey there! I was wondering when I'd meet you. It didn't take long at all. I've only been here about 40 minutes or so. However, please call me 'Nate'. All my friends do."

"Well then. Nate it is." He walks over to one of the desks and sets a folder on it. As he turns back toward me he asks, "So where are you from, Nate?"

"I'm from Morgan Hill. Where are you from?"

"Morgan Hill. Is that here in California?"

I chuckle. "Yes, it's here in California. It's about 20 miles northeast of here. Well, as the crow flies, anyways. You must not be from around here, then." I smile.

Tyler laughs. "No, I'm from Evansville, Indiana. However, I've only been out here for a year so I'm still not very familiar with the area. Anyway, welcome to Capitola Beach Preparatory School!"

"Thank you! I'm not quite sure what to expect but I think I'm ready for the experience." I laugh and then think for a moment. "Wait. You have only been here at C.B. Prep for a year. Won't you be a junior next year?"

"Yes. I'll be a junior. However, I did my first year at my local high school. I didn't really care for it and so I thought I'd try private school. I love it here! I'm definitely glad I did decide to come here. There are so many different kinds of people here from all over the world. It's amazing!"

I smile at Tyler's enthusiasm. I hope I'll find that I like it here as much as he seems to like it. It's not the fact that it's a private school as I've always gone to private schools. However, it will be the first time that I'm attending a boarding school. At least it's a co-ed boarding school.

Tyler glances at the clock on the wall. "Come on. The cafeteria just opened a few minutes ago. Let's go eat and I'll introduce you to C.B. Prep's finest cuisine." He lets out an evil laugh and grins at me.

"Well, I'm sure it's like most cafeteria food. However, I'm hungry. Let's go."

I follow Tyler out into the hallway. Tyler turns to close the door then pauses. He turns toward me and asks, "Do you have your room key with you?"

I check my pocket quickly just to make sure. "Yep, I have it right here. Thanks for the heads-up."

I look at the number on the door as Tyler pulls it shut: Room number 111. I'll have to remember that so I don't try to open somebody else's door by mistake. That might be a tad bit embarrassing.

Tyler points down the hall before turning the other way. "That's One North." Tyler extends his hand out in front of him toward the hallway we are approaching. "And that's One South. Just around the staircase there and to the left is One East. Be glad that they didn't stick you on One East with the other freshmen. It's a real 'shit hole'. I was odd man out and needed a roommate so they put you with me. I'll be moving upstairs at the end of the summer so if you are lucky you might get to stay on One North. I'd put your request in as soon as possible with the Dean."

I nod. "Thanks. I have to stop by and see Mr. Hanley in the morning at 7:30 to get my job assignment for the summer. I'll put in my room request then."

We turn to the right and walk past the front desk area. The guy who is watching the desk waves to us then turns to answer a phone that is ringing. We stride past the Dean's office on the right and I glance over at a small open room off to the left.

I point to the small room and ask Tyler, "What's that room for?"

Tyler glances to where I'm pointing and stops short of the front entrance. "That's the television room. I'm sure Mr. Hanley will have the TV out this evening after all the parents have gone. They usually leave the TV in there all summer long. During school they only have it out during the weekends."

Tyler opens one of the front doors and I follow him outside. It's a beautiful day: sunny, 75 degrees with a light ocean breeze. Across the road from the men's dorm is a lawn of lush green grass that stretches down the sloping hill toward some other buildings. I'll have to make sure to get a tour of the campus sometime. I'll also have to try to remember how to get to all the different buildings on campus and what functions each building serves.

Tyler must be reading my mind. He turns to the right, proceeds toward the cafeteria, and says, "It can be overwhelming at first. I'll take you around campus after we eat, if you want. You'll get the hang of where everything is quickly. Don't sweat it." He smiles.

I just nod as we walk the short distance to the cafeteria. I notice a large semi-circular area in the middle of the lawn expanse. It almost appears to be a very small amphitheater. I look past the cafeteria and point at the building on the other side of the cafeteria. "That's the women's dorm, isn't it?"

Tyler chuckles. "Yes. That's the women's dorm all right. Are you horny or something?" He chuckles again.

I must be turning bright red right now. Tyler just looks at me and breaks out laughing. "I'm just teasing you. Maybe next weekend we might get a chance to see the lobby part of it, at least." He smiles again.

I laugh and follow Tyler down a short path to a door on the side of the cafeteria that faces the men's dorm. As Tyler opens the door, the noise level from inside is the first thing I notice. I guess that everyone is as excited to be starting this new adventure as I am, judging from the active chatter that is going on.

Tyler leads the way and I follow him to the short line for food. Tyler begins piling food on his plate as soon as it is his turn at the buffet. Without even pausing, he says, "Come school time, don't expect these lines to be this short. The summer population isn't even anywhere close to being what the school year population is! So don't let the easy time we have in the summer having the run of the place make you soft. It's just the calm before the storm!"

I laugh. "All right, I'll remember that." I look at the food selection. "The food doesn't actually look that bad."

Tyler just gives me a quick look and continues piling more food onto his tray. I'm not sure if he agrees with me or not, but I suppose he could just be hungry. He isn't chunky or anything, so he must get enough exercise to work off all that food, I think to myself.

I put a little bit of everything on two plates sitting on my tray and then follow Tyler to a table that he picks out. The cafeteria only seems to be about an eighth full. Apparently, that doesn't stop anyone from carrying on with his or her somewhat loud conversations. I sit down at the table and then lean in slightly to hear what Tyler is saying.

"So tell me about your family. What do your parents do? Do you have any siblings? Do you have any cats at home? Do you have any dogs? Do you have any mice?" He snickers.

I laugh. "Well, my parents own a chain of restaurants. I have an older sister, Shaunna, and Lana is my younger sister. Hey, you probably know my sister Shaunna. She's been attending school here for the past two years. She'll be a junior just as you will be. Anyway, I have two cats but no dogs or any other pets."

I start eating the food on my plates as Tyler chews a mouthful of food and looks thoughtful. "Shaunna, you say. I think I might've seen her around. She has the same last name of Preston that you have. Imagine that." He chuckles. "So which chain of restaurants does your parents own? Are the restaurants just here in California or have they branched out across the country?" He smiles.

I chuckle. "Well, they've done all right for themselves, I guess. You might have heard of them: perhaps not. Anyway, they own the 'Marie Decade's' Restaurants. 'Enjoy our World Famous pies. You can even take them home with you.'" I laugh and smile at Tyler.

"Aha! I've eaten there quite a few times. Nice selection, not completely bad prices, and their pies are to die for, indeed! Wow. They're in many big cities out east. Your parents must be filthy rich, dude!"

I chuckle. "Well, your parents must be doing all right to be able to afford to send you here." I smile.

"Yeah, but I'd only consider us to be middle class. My Dad, Daniel, is an elementary school teacher there in Evansville. My Mom, Grace, works as the head cook at the same elementary school where my dad teaches. So they have to scrape somewhat to be able to afford to send me here. Mark and Jennifer, my older brother and sister, both got scholarships so that's how they were able to attend college. But I'm helping my parents out by working here during the summer as well."

"Well that's cool. I'm sure you appreciate your parents being able to send you here and I'm sure that they appreciate you helping them out some. Where do you work here, anyway?"

Tyler shrugs. "I work at the laundry here on campus. It's all right, I guess. I've already made student supervisor so I suppose that I must be doing something right." He smiles.

"Well, perhaps I'll be assigned to laundry. Then you could show me the ropes there as well." I chuckle before shoving more food into my mouth.

Tyler seems about to respond when a person playfully bumps into Tyler and then continues walking past us. Tyler looks surprised until he seems to recognize who it is. Tyler just smiles as he says, "That's Phil. He came in yesterday right after graduation ceremonies. We talked a bit and he seems all right. I guess he's feeling a bit cocky today." Tyler snickers and grins at me.

I laugh. "Is he a junior or a senior?"

Now it's Tyler's turn to laugh. "Well, no, he will be a freshman just like you."

"Wow. He looks like he's about five foot ten inches. And he's only a freshman?" I'm a little envious. I have hopes that I'll add a few more inches to my height and the sooner the better.

Tyler replies with a grin, "Well, some people apparently grow taller than guys like us." He chuckles and then starts in on his desert.

"It appears that you are correct, there." I smile and eat the last bite of my own desert.

I finish the food on my plates and am just finishing off my glass of juice when I notice that Tyler is done. I look up at Tyler. "Are you ready to take me on that tour of campus?"

"Sure. Let's just go put our trays on the conveyer belt and then we can get out of here."

I follow Tyler to where there is a conveyer belt running back into what must be the dirty dishes room. I can hear clanking and scraping going on in that room. I know that I won't want that job if I can help it at all.

We put our trays with the dirty dishes on the conveyer belt, and head for the front doors of the cafeteria. There is still plenty of light out so I expect that we'll be able to tour most of the campus this evening.

We walk outside into the fresh air. Tyler looks over at me and asks, "So where do you want to start?"

I say, "Well. Let's start by just crossing the street here." As we walk across the street I ask, "What do they call this place? It looks like a small amphitheater or something."

Tyler chuckles as he replies, "Well, they call it the Student Amphitheater." Tyler laughs aloud. "Sorry. That's too funny, though." He smiles.

I shake my head and grin back. "Well then, perhaps I should name the buildings and you should tell me if I'm right or wrong." I laugh.

"That's a deal. I doubt you'll get more than half of them right, though."

"We'll see about that." I grin again.

We are walking down the sloped lawn toward what appears to be the largest building on campus. I point ahead and say, "This building must be the main building for classrooms. Since there are stained glass windows in this first part of the building I'll assume that it's probably the chapel."

"Correct you are on both points. Now tell me what's in the left side of the building there?"

I look to where Tyler is pointing. I can see that the blinds are up in several of the windows. I can see where an obvious classroom ends and a large room takes up the rest of the building beyond that. I can just make out several rows of books on shelves.

"I'm going to go with it being the Library." I smirk.

"Very good, my young apprentice." He laughs aloud. I laugh as well and we walk toward a building sitting higher than the current building in question. Tyler points to the building and asks, "What about this building?"

I look at the long narrow building but can't see any clues off hand. "I've no idea." I shrug my shoulders to emphasize.

"That's the Industrial Arts building. They have a woodshop in there as well as a photography darkroom and even a printing press. The English department holds a few classes in there as well." I nod and we walk past all the plain brown doors until we reach the end of the building. Tyler points down the slope and says, "Let's go down there now."

Tyler and I walk down the slope past the library and main classrooms. As the slope levels off some Tyler points straight ahead and says, "I suppose it's obvious that this is the track. It's also the biggest field for playing sports. The other field is on the other side of the gym over there." Tyler points to the right. "Oops! I just told you what that building is." He laughs.

I chuckle and then look to our immediate right and say, "That appears to be a basketball court. But what's in that building beyond the court and across the road from the gym?"

"That's the art department upstairs, and the firehouse is downstairs. The fire department is all-volunteer and they respond into the community as well as here on campus. I know a couple of students who volunteer. They seem to enjoy it." Tyler motions for us to continue toward the buildings to the left of the track.

We walk down the road a little ways past the track and then I ask, "What's this long building and these buildings across from it? They look to be some sort of industrial buildings." We turn to the left and toward the buildings before he answers.

"This long building is a furniture factory. Across from it at the end is the Agriculture Building. Between the buildings, you can see what is obvious to be the Dairy. You better hope that they don't have you slated to work there!" Tyler laughs aloud.

I laugh along with him. "I certainly hope not. If I am then hopefully I can request a job change before school starts." I chuckle.

We head back out onto the road that runs between the track and the industries and continue down the hill. The road begins a gentle curve to the right and we follow along with it until we've gone a full 90 degrees around the corner.

Tyler pointes to our left and says, "Those are faculty houses. They rent them from the school for next to nothing. It's part of their benefit package, I guess." He shrugs.

"Cool. I guess they deserve something for putting up with us." I chuckle again.

Tyler just smiles and continues down the road. As we come to where the road ends into another road there are several buildings. Tyler points to the building on the right. "That's the Maintenance/Grounds building. It's not a bad place to work if you can get it. Over here to the left is the sailboat factory and just past it is the Auto Mechanics building."

I nod and say, "We must be getting closer to the beach. The air is getting a little cooler.

"Yeah, we're getting closer to the beach. You're probably feeling the air that rises over the top of the bluff. It's a fifty-foot bluff, dude. Don't fall off of it!" He laughs.

I just shake my head as we round the corner to the left. We walk a little ways and come to where the road forks in three directions: to the extreme right, slightly to the left, and off to the right some. I wave my hand around in an arch. "So what are these buildings?"

"Well, to our left here is the Garage where they store all the buses. Up ahead there to the left is the Laundry where I work. To the right of that, in the middle of the triangle here, is the Auditorium. That's where all the big music and play productions take place."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.