A Dream Come True - Cover

A Dream Come True

Copyright© 2005 by Megansdad

Chapter 5

Admiral Tompkins had a lot to think about on his way to his car. Since no one had the courtesy to give him a ride so he contemplated his encounter with... whoever... come to think of it he never did ask what to call him. No matter, the guy was due to contact him in three days and would ask what he wanted to be called then.

Thirty minutes had passed by the time Tompkins reached his car. He stood there with his keys in his hand ready to open the car door when he abruptly turned and headed for the recruiter's office. He slowed as he approached the back entrance careful not to touch anything with his hands. He remembered what was said to him about Gunnery Sergeant Charles Harrison being dead. Standing there looking at the corpse he shook his head think, "Some people do the stupidest things all for the sake of power and glory."

Tompkins turned and headed back to his car. After getting in he called the local police and informed them of the death of Gunnery Sergeant Harrison. He waited for the locals to arrive just in case they wanted to speak with him. One did.

"Excuse me Admiral Tompkins, I'm Officer McEwen. I'd like to ask you a few questions if I may."

"Sure, as long as the answers do not violate my security clearance.

"Understood. When was the last time you saw Harrison alive?"

"0800 this morning. He seemed fine then; we talked for a few minutes before I left to attend a meeting. When I returned to his office just a few minutes ago he was as you saw him. It's seems unusual for someone of his health and fitness to just drop dead like that. Here's my card officer I have to return to the pentagon; I'd like to know what your findings are and when the body will be released for burial."

"Sure thing Admiral. The office doesn't look as if anything unusual has happened. It appears that he just dropped dead. We'll know more after the autopsy."

"Have a good day Officer."

"You too, Admiral."

With that Admiral Tompkins got in his car and left.


After I had dropped off the Admiral I moved to a low rise and watched him walk along I-35 for a few minutes; He had put his hands in his pockets and walked with his head down lost in own thoughts.

I had been in the sun for quite some time and could feel the power coursing through me. I floated a few feet off the ground and explored the area until I found a copse of trees; resting in the shade I closed my eyes and allowed my consciousness to roam free of my body. I followed the Admiral to his car and watched the scene play out until he headed for the airport. Then I just watched the wildlife until the sunset. It was quite a boring afternoon but I didn't want to become public just yet.

I knew that once I hooked up with the U.S. Military that they would try to control me and when they learned that they couldn't do that then they'd try to destroy me. Man, did they have a hard lesson to learn when they tried.

Thankfully I had on dark clothing. I was so ready to be home and take a shower. As soon as the sun had set I shot into the sky and headed for home. I traveled as fast as I could in the outfit I had on and arrived there in just under 20 minutes. By car that is a 40 minute drive.

I had thought about telling you what all I did during my three days off but I decided that I didn't want to bore you. So I'll just give you the highlights. I still used my abilities such as moving things and looking around with my senses. But for the most part I spent in the tree platform reading a book. I had learned to tune my senses so that I was aware of my surroundings at all times. I new when a rabbit hopped and a bug farted to within 100 yards. I could stretch it out further but there are so many things that it's distracting to keep up with it. Truth be told I was doing it to be on the lookout for spooks and others who might be out to do me harm.

The three days seemed to pass so quickly. Before I knew it it was time to call the Admiral. I called the number on the card and a beautiful young voice answered the phone.

"Admiral Tompkins' office how may I help you?" She intoned.

"Listen to me very carefully," I told her. "Three days ago I met with the Admiral. I did not give him my name; after the meeting I took his card and told him I would contact him in three days. Would you please tell him I am on the phone? He will be expecting my call and should be eager to talk to me."

"Admiral Tompkins informed me to expect your call I will put you through to him immediately." She said.

I was on hold for maybe three seconds before Admiral Tompkins picked up the phone.

"Is it you?" the Admiral asked excitedly.

"Yes. How did things go when you told them about me? Did they believe you about the coming invasion?"

"Not well I'm afraid. But they were eager to meet you."

"You must understand that I am not willing to become a guinea pig for any government. I am offering my abilities to the people of Earth in order to protect them from a potential threat to the entire species. Even in the event that the threat never manifests itself I would be willing to help end government and corporate corruption, help advance the species technologically and reduce or even eliminate its dependency on fossil fuels. The A.I. in me even has several dozen designs for space craft that could also be used to explore and colonize space. As long as they deal fairly and honestly with me

"While the human part of me was born and raised in the United States and still holds loyalty to this country; the non-human part of me was created by a species united in both culture and religion and can understand the advantages that brings to the species. This gives me a unique perspective."

"Yes, I'm sure it does. Now back to the purpose of this call. I have managed to convince a few people from the pentagon to meet with you. While I don't necessarily trust these men to have your best interests in mind they have the power to get things done."

"I see. Let me pose a question, Admiral. If you were in my place how would you go about getting the training you need? Keep your abilities a secret and just join the military or do it the way I am doing it now?"

"Well, each choice would have its advantages and disadvantages. First off, in order to get the fighting skills you are looking for you would have to join the military and stay in long enough to become a member of an elite fighting group such as the CRT Navy Seals or similar team. The down side is that if your abilities ever to become known you would be bound by your contract as the property of the U.S. military and your life would be over. You would disappear and your life would become just what you don't want it to be.

"The way you are doing it now you don't have a binding contract and can effectively sever relations at anytime. As for that level of training... well that's not up to me, it will be up to the ones who will be dealing with you."

It was something to think about. "Since I do not know the people I will be meeting I insist on an open area. I will allow video recording they may setup anything they want I will not hold any of my abilities from them. They may even view the meeting with their spy satellites.

The meeting will be in three days time in the middle of White Sands, New Mexico. If it's big enough for the shuttle to land on it will be big enough for my demonstration. I will arrange for seating and refreshments. Make sure they are there at noon three days from today. Good day Admiral and thanks for your help."

"Your welcome. By the way, you never did tell me what we should call you."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.