Washed Up - Cover

Washed Up

Copyright© 2005 by Lazlong

Chapter 43

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 43 - Ed Hill had a dead end job and a failed marriage. He figured he was all washed up, until he met a runaway who changed his mind. Then fate stepped in and changed everything again.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Interracial   Black Female   White Male   Exhibitionism   Slow  

Friday, April 28, 1848

Ed: Day 40 of the Boston to St Joseph trip

When rolled out of bed this morning, Cassie, Kate and I were as happy as we'd ever been. Today was the day we'd be back with our family and friends. While the women fixed breakfast, I worked with Billy, Jeb and Zeb to get a semi-permanent camp set up. We went through everything and made sure they'd have everything they needed until we could get back to them.

Even with leaving Billy's group behind, we were still going to arrive with eight people where we started out with three. I was sure that Sam and Andy would give us a rough time over that, but we didn't let that slow down our departure.

It took us less than two hours to reach St Joseph, but it took us another hour to find our wagons. Finally, a man told us there appeared to be a wagon train forming up on the northeast side of town.

Andy was the first person to see us as we rode into camp. Delia was helping her mother with something and had her back turned to us. Sam was in an animated conversation with Abby O'Connell and they were watching the babies as they talked.

Andy gave us a big smile and started toward us. Then Sam looked up. I'll bet they could hear her scream in St Jo. She started running toward us, and I piled off of Hawk. We collided with such force I thought I was going to end up on my ass, then I saw Delia running toward us.

All three of us hugged and kissed and said I love you so many times we about wore ourselves out, then Katie and Cassie joined the group and everyone repeated the hugs and kisses with them.

I looked over and saw that Abby was holding two crying babies. Evidently Sam's scream got them going. I broke free and walked over to her. "Can I have mine, Abby?" I asked.

Abby handed Becky to me. God she had grown in the two months we'd been gone. Becky stopped crying as soon as I took her in my arms. Her eyes focused on mine and she gave me a big, toothless smile. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I didn't even think of the new members of our group until Sam asked me who the people standing by the horses were. I waved them over to us and introduced them to my family and friends.


It took a while for the hubbub to die down, but when it did, I sat Sally's family down along with Tina, Su Li and my family for a talk.

When everyone else was out of earshot, I said, "Sam, Sally's family is from the year 2003."

Okay, you couldn't have heard a pin drop. We were sitting on grass. "Where are you from?" Sam asked, calmly.

"Detroit, the motor city," Sally said.

Sam grinned and said, "Well, I guess that removes any doubt I might have had. I'm sure they didn't call it the motor city in the 1840s."

Cindi giggled and said, "They didn't have bikinis or backpacks either. I'll show you ours, if you do have any doubts."

"How did you guys get kicked back here?" Sam asked.

"From what Ed tells us, it was pretty much the same as it was for you. We were in a tent in a lightning storm. The next thing we knew we were here," Sally said.

"That explains three of the new people," Sam said. "How did Tina and Su Li manage to join us?"

Andy and Sarah Beth and Dalia joined us. We had let Andy and his family in on our little secret a few months ago.

Cassie and I told Sam and Delia how we had met Tina and Su Li. We also told her about Sally's husband and how he had blamed her for them being kicked back.

"He just left you, Sally?" Sam asked incredulously.

"I'm afraid so, Sam. Not before he slapped me around and verbally abused me for a while though. Ed loaned him a hundred dollars and a horse and saddle to get rid of him."

Sam looked over at me and asked, "So, how many of these lovely ladies are you planning for us to marry?"

"I'm not planning on anything, love. I will tell you that Jason and Su Li are a couple. She hasn't said so yet, but I think Cindi has her cap set on someone else."

"And who would Cindi have her cap set on?" Sam asked, looking at Cindi.

Cindi just blushed, so I said, "Sam, there's something else I need to tell you. A few days ago, we ran into a young man by the name of Billy Walker."

"Would he be any relation to the Hiram Walker who has been bothering us about his runaway slaves?"

"I'd say Hiram is Billy's father. Billy had three runaway slaves with him when we ran into him. Two young adult males, Jeb and Zeb, and a ten year old girl named Tizzy."

"Did Billy help these slaves run away?" Sam asked.

"Yes. His father told him he was going to start taking the little girl to bed with him. Billy didn't think that was right, so he helped them escape."

"Where are they now?"

"They're camped about five miles northeast of here. Billy was afraid his father might be looking for him in St Jo."

"Smart young man. Walker came by here a few days ago, demanding we let him search our wagons for his slaves. We sent him packing. The next day he was back with the sheriff. We allowed the sheriff to look through our wagons, but not Walker. I don't think he likes us."

"Too bad. Sam, we need to get these people some clothes. The men only had on short pants when we found them and the girl had on a thin dress. None of them had shoes. The guys are so big, none of my stuff would fit them, so Sally made them moccasins and panchos out of a couple of blankets."

"Andy, could you run into town after while and get four shirts and four pairs of pants that are big enough for you?" Sam asked. "The girl can wear one of Mindy or Mandy's outfits for the time being."

"Yeah, I'll do that. I'll also get a couple of pairs of moccasins. I'll pick up a couple of more pairs before we leave," Andy said.

"They should be okay until tomorrow," I said. "Tomorrow morning, some of us will ride out and take the new things to them."

"These guys aren't going to run off like the runaways we helped in Virginia, are they?" Sarah Beth asked.

"I don't think so. These people seem a lot more intelligent than the people in Virginia. Maybe I'll get Jud to go with me in the morning," I said.


Andy left for town shortly after lunch. The rest of us spent the afternoon catching up. Sally and her family seemed to fit right in. Tina and Sam seemed to really hit it off.

I was fortunate enough to make love to both of my wives I hadn't seen in a couple of months that night. Life is good.

Saturday, April 29, 1848

Ed: St Joseph, Missouri

Walker rode by this morning, not long after we had gotten up. When he saw me and the other new people, he stopped his horse and stared at us for a while. I thought for a minute he was going to ride over to us, but eventually he turned and rode away.

"Who was that?" I asked Sam, although I had an idea who it was.

"That was our friend Hiram Walker," Sam said. "He has made several trips past here every day since Andy knocked him on his ass."

"Well, it looks like he's got me in his scope now. What got him on to us in the first place?"

"He told the sheriff it was because we had free Negros with us."

"You know, now that he's seen me here, it might not be a good idea for me to be the one who takes the things to Billy. Cassie, would you be willing to take the things out to where Billy is camped?"

"Sure. Delia, would you like to go with me? Maybe you could reassure the runaways that we mean them no harm."

Delia agreed she'd like to go, then Cindi asked if she could go with them. I looked over at Sally and she winked at me. I think we had Cindi pretty well figured out.

"I'd like to ride up and look at the herd this morning," I told them. "How far up the river are they?"

"They're only about three miles right now," Andy said. "I'll ride up with you and get some of the men to go with me to pick up the other three hundred cattle we contracted for, if you'll give me the money to pay for them."

We figured out how much he'd have to have and I gave it to him. Sam said she'd stay in camp. She said she'd like to get to know the new people better. Jason decided he'd like to go with Andy and me.


I kind of suspected Walker would follow us when we left camp and he didn't disappoint me. We hadn't gone half a mile when Andy said he saw someone on our back trail. I had told Cassie to wait half an hour after we took off to start for Billy's camp.

It was nice to see Stu and Rawhide again. I really like both of these men. Rawhide and Maddy had only been with the herd for a couple of nights, and they decided they'd go back with me when I went back to camp.

Mina hugged me until I thought the stuffing was going to come out and I got a big grin and a handshake from Jud. We all caught up on what had been happening while Andy picked six men to go with him to get the other cattle.

We stayed with Stu and the drovers for a couple of hours, then Rawhide, Maddy and I headed back to our wagons. "Rawhide, with all of the new people we've picked up, I think we need another wagon. Do you know where we could get one?" I asked.

"No, but I know where Mark Lester is staying. I'll bet he'd know."

"Is he close enough you could go see him this afternoon?"

"Yeah. He'll probably want to ride out and see you then. I think he's anxious to get started west."

"I can't say as I blame him. I've heard stories about wagon trains getting stuck in the mountains."


Cassie made the trip to Billy's camp with no problems. She said the runaways were thrilled with the clothes we had brought them. All of them changed immediately.

Delia had a long talk with them and explained to them that she is my wife. I think she may have reassured them considerably.

Sam: St Joseph, Missouri

I figured that when Ed got back I'd be able to quit writing in this diary completely. Then he takes off the first day he's back. Oh well.

After Ed left, I fed and changed Becky and put her down for a nap. Tina watched me closely as I did this, so I asked her if she'd like to change Becky the next time she needed it.

"I'd like that, Sam. I didn't have any younger brothers or sisters, so I don't know much about caring for a baby," Tina said.

Sally laughed and said, "I know all about it, although I didn't breast feed mine. For some reason I didn't produce enough milk to feed them."

"It's a wonderful experience," I told her. "I can feel the love flowing from me to Becky when she's feeding. How old are you, Sally?"

"I'm thirty-four. I graduated from high school when I was fifteen. I met Tim just before I graduated. He was a senior at our local college. We got married right away and Jason was on the way not long after that."

"So, your husband was what, seven years older than you?"

"Yeah. We never really thought of the age difference. The problem was, we never thought of the other differences between us either. I was raised on a farm and Tim was raised in the city. He said I was never able to get the cow shit off of my feet."

"I can think of worse things. I hate to say it, but your husband was a jerk."

"Oh, I agree. Sam, do you know anything about the marriage laws in this century?" Sally asked.

"They are pretty loose, Sally. You don't need a marriage license or anything. Divorce is almost unheard of. I'm afraid women don't have many rights at all."

"I was afraid of that about women's rights. I probably wouldn't get along with very many men in this time period."

"Me either," I laughed.

"So, how did you and Ed end up in a multiple partner marriage?" Sally asked.

"It was more my fault than Ed's," I said. "Ed fought it when I asked him to bring Cassie into our marriage. Eventually I got him to admit he loved Cassie too. I don't think we gave him much of a choice after that. Then we bought Jud's family to free them and Delia fell in love with Ed. He dragged his feet there too. He didn't fight quite as hard when we added Kate."

"This is an indelicate question, but is Ed such a stud that he can satisfy four women?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.