New Start: Ray's Story - Cover

New Start: Ray's Story

Copyright© 2005 by mrrx

Chapter 6

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Ray is trying to become the man he should have been. And to have the marriage and life that he could have if only it all works outs. **For clarity please try to read New Start : Luke's Story first.**

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Slow  

Ray drove them back from the coffee shop. He didn't realize that he had fallen quiet until Dana said something to him.

"Excuse me?" he said.

"Just wondering where you were?"

"Sorry, just lost in thought. Nothing important."

"Okay. As long as it wasn't anything that I said," Dana replied.

"No, not at all," Ray lied.

"Have you ever had dinner there?"

"Where?"

"Polly's. Where else?" she laughed. "I was curious what it was like when folks are there for the open mic."

She looked pleased. She glowed a little like a kid at Disney World.

"Oh. I really don't know. How bout we get your mom to watch the kids and try dinner there?"

"You think?"

"Why not? The fact that we are parents shouldn't stop us from being able to go out without the kids." Ray stated.

"Okay. Why not?" Dana replied hesitantly.

"Great. I'll drop you home before I head back to work. I'll try to wrap up in time to be home at 6:30 the latest."

"I'll call mom and ask her to come over at 6."

"Sounds like a plan," Ray smiled.

He would admit to himself later how forced it was. But he had to keep trying. He had no other choice that he was willing to accept.

"Great," Dana smiled again. Her teeth were white and gleaming. Her lips were soft and sexy.

They pulled into the driveway. Ray leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. She stayed close expecting more. He smiled and cupped her face rubbing a thumb against her cheekbone.

"I'll see you later," he whispered.

"All right," she said with a sigh. It seemed like it was a little disappointed.

Ray dashed through work. He was going to make sure nothing made him late.

Phillip Marriot. Phillip Marriot.

He didn't want to think about it. He wanted to forget the name. He wasn't going to break down and look him up. See what the web had to offer about the mystery man. He wasn't ready to look into the eyes of the competition. That was a trial for another day.

He worked himself like a sprinter. It was a mad dash to get everything done.

"Wow are you possessed or something? What is the urgency?" Kylie asked.

"Got a date tonight," Ray admitted shyly.

"What! What do you mean you have a date?"

"Dana and I are heading out for dinner."

"Great for you guys. When do you need to be out of here?"

"5:30 maybe 6:00," Ray said optimistically.

"Not out of the question," Kylie responded.

It was great having Kylie on his side. He was able to get everything he needed accomplished.

He got home at five after six.

Janet, Dana's mom, was already there. She was talking to the kids.

Ray walked over to the living room.

"Hey guys. Timmy how was your day?" Ray said. He almost startled Janet as she looked up at him with wide eyes.

Timmy smiled, "Hey Daddy. Good."

"Had fun at school?"

"Yeah."

"Great. How about you Judes?" Ray turned to his daughter.

"Good Daddy."

"Any homework?"

"Yep, I finished it. And Mommy checked it."

"Anything fun today?"

"No Daddy, it was just school."

"Just school. School can be fun. Uncle Luke and Uncle Jimmy and I use to have a blast at school. We also got in trouble a couple times."

"You did? What did you do?" Judy asked.

"That can wait for another day when Grandma and mommy won't hear." Ray said with a smirk and a wink.

"Okay," Judy said with a smile of her own.

"How are you Janet?" Ray said walking over to the older woman.

Janet looked very much like an older copy of her daughter.

"Very good Ray. You seem unusually happy today? And you and Dana going out. That's very nice."

"I am happy. I've got great kids. And a great wife. I've got every reason to be happy."

Janet seemed confused by the answer.

"Is Dana getting ready?" Ray asked rhetorically before heading to the bedroom.

Dana was in a robe applying her makeup when Ray entered the room.

"Hi let me shower. I'll be ready real quick."

"All right," Dana responded.

Ray showered and changed into jeans and a blue polo shirt.

"Very handsome," Dana said looking at him.

"Thank you. You look great," Ray responded as he took time to check out her athletic shape in jeans and a black top.

They walked down and said goodnight and goodbye to Janet and the kids.

Polly's Place was filled. It wasn't standing room only but it was crowded compared to the lunch crowd.

They didn't spot Polly right away. A teenager that Ray had never seen before seated them.

"When you are ready, would you ever considering putting a piece up here?" Ray asked gesturing to the art work on the walls.

"No way. My stuff isn't good enough," Dana said with a sigh and a self-deprecating laugh.

"I'm sure it is. If I ever get the opportunity to see it."

"Maybe someday," Dana said.

That was better than a 'no.'

They ordered their dinner as a poet spoke.

He was followed by a folk musician strumming away singing an Edie Brickell song. She had very good her voice, her guitar work was a little off, but overall she was good.

Ray glanced over to Dana watching her smile and sway to the music. In the darkened place she looked so happy. No one would have guessed that Ray was fighting for his life with her.

Ray did a double take.

He leaned in close and said into her ear, "Look who is up after the next poet."

"Who is that?" Dana asked.

"It's Alan. He's Polly's husband."

"Really?"

And as if by magic Polly was at their table.

"What are you guys doing here? First lunch, now dinner," she said with a laugh.

"Ray admitted that he has never been here for dinner. So I told him he had to bring me," Dana said.

"What are you talking about? I am the one who suggested it," Ray retorted.

Polly laughed, "You really think it was your idea? How long have you been married?"

Dana laughed at the confused look on Ray's face.

"I didn't know that Alan played the guitar," Ray said finally.

"Oh he loves to play. Do you?"

Dana shook her head as Ray said, "A lifetime ago. I use to play all the time. It was fun. So what is he going to play?"

"I'm not allowed to tell. You should play one night," Polly said.

"Well as embarrassing as that would be I will have to pass. I haven't played in years. And I don't even own a guitar anymore," Ray said with a chuckle.

"Ah, it's like riding a bike. Let me go wish him luck," Polly said quickly excusing herself.

"I never knew you use to play the guitar." Dana exclaimed.

"Well Chuck had one. He didn't really care for it. But I borrowed it long enough to catch the fever. Then I scrounged some money together and bought an acoustic electric from the pawn shop."

"And."

"Luke wasn't interested in it. His voice was even worse than mine. Jim was into baseball and girls. So that left me. I was religious at it for a long time. I even bought a cheap Electric. Then I broke my pinky on my right hand. That was the last of my finger picking. I put it away. But god I use to love those old beat up pieces of crap guitars."

"Wow, you should try it again," Dana encouraged.

"Got more important things that I am working on right now," Ray said to her, looking straight into her eyes.

Alan introduced himself once he was at the mic. The applause in the little place was staggering. He tuned his Fender Strat, adjusted the controls on the amp, and launched into his version of "Hound Dog."

Ray laughed at the enthusiasm that Alan played with. He sang with the sneer and the hips wiggling. The only thing missing was a full head of hair and a jumpsuit.

He could hear Dana laughing with him. It was nice to hear it. It wasn't sexy and throaty it was from genuine enjoyment. It held no artifice.

Everyone was clapping along. They were singing along enjoying the king at his less than greatest.

The song was over as quick as it started before Alan launched into "Love me Tender." He crooned into the microphone. Ray smiled and reached across the table and held Dana's hand in his own. It was warm and welcoming as she squeezed his hand in hers.

It was as if they held something fragile and ethereal between their joined hands. They were almost desperate to not let go and desperate not to grip each other's hand too hard. It was a gentle spell between them, wrapped around them, by an off-key baritone and sequined bravado.

The song ended to much applause and Alan said, "We are going to throw off the format a little. A friend of mine is here tonight. We've actually known him for years yet tonight is the first time that I learn that he plays. He didn't know the trouble he'd get into when he opened his big mouth to Polly. Ray come up here and play something for us."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.