Reunion - Cover

Reunion

Copyright© 2005 by J.C. Miller

Chapter 9

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9 - Ashley Wilson had to return to her departmental reunion at her alma mater to settle a lingering feeling of guilt. She had her eyes on the offended party and wanted much more from him than forgiveness. Ashley had all the men she chose, except him. Sometimes you get what you want and then you have big decisions to make.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Slow  

Bill walked briskly to Valerie's office feeling refreshed after his morning nap and shower even after the overnight plane ride. The halls seemed to be almost vacant, given that summer enrollment was never high. He tapped on the door and she had him come in immediately.

"Hey, Valerie, what's up?"

"I should be asking you that!"

"Same old same old with me."

"Don't be coy. I know that you're in for that job at Cal Poly."

"Yes, I did send in my application, but I know nothing more than that."

"Why are you leaving? Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't know that I'm leaving. No, you didn't do something wrong."

"When you get your offer, I will go to the dean and try to match it."

"Valerie, this isn't about money. However, you just gave me a good lead on a raise!"

"Will you tell me why?"

"Client privilege? Private confessional, and all that?"

"Girl Scout's Honor."

"Well, uh, I'm kind of taken with one of our graduates who lives in the town. I'm visiting her this summer while I finish some chapters."

"You're visiting and living with Ashley? You were with her at the reunion, weren't you?"

"She invited me to work out there this summer and I eagerly accepted."

"Isn't this a little sudden for someone your age?"

"Ouch! I'll have to dye my gray hair. We've kind of been watching each other for years. Right now, we're both uninvolved. So, I took her up on her offer of staying with her while I write."

"Are you serious about her? Applying for the job in her home town and all that?"

"She shocked me. We get along well and have fun playing. I don't get tired of her."

"What happens to your job if you two don't work out? Are you completely through with Erika? She's coming back."

"Had it not been for Ashley, I would have considered trying to work out something with Erika. Now, I'm kind of smitten." He thought about her question. "If I get the job and take it and we don't work out, I'm no worse off than I am here. I'll have a job and I'm sure I can rent an apartment." He chuckled, "If I don't like it, I'll get on my knees and beg you to take me back."

She laughed softly, "Well, if you asked me nicely enough, I would consider it at a reduced salary. Are you leaving spring or next year?"

"The announcement said that the earliest start date was spring, so if they offer it to me, I'd probably want spring."

"Let's not tell any one about this. I need your help in the meeting."

"Of course I will support you, but there's a catch."

"Knowing you, somehow, I figured you'd want quid pro quo."

"I want you to get in touch with your chum on the search committee out there and tell him how great I am. Lay it on thick."

"That's it? Just pimp one of my best?"

"Yep. That's all I ask."

"May I say why you're leaving me?"

"I guess that would make sense. Otherwise, why would I go? I'd like to live in California, but that wouldn't carry much weight. My infatuation won't carry much weight, either."

"I'll call him. It will be off the record until they get serious. I will give you a super recommendation if it comes to that."

Bill stood and started out the door, when she asked, "It's none of my business, but is there a reason that she can't come here? You have a perfectly good house."

"Yes and no. Our first preference is to be there for a number of reasons. I need a new perspective. She has obligations there."

As Bill walked to his office, he pondered her last question. Why do I have to go there? Ashley could just as well come here. We have a similar facility to her Safe Safe Refuge House. You became infatuated with that job at the same time she took over your life and caused you to stop thinking clearly.

Valerie's question continued to haunt him for the rest of the day. When he was at home sitting in his favorite chair, he called Ashley. She answered happily, "Hello, darling! How did it go?"

"It went well. No big emotional trauma, yet."

"What about Erika?"

"I haven't seen her."

"Dammit! Is she coming back?"

"Valerie says she is willing, but is waiting for a faculty vote."

"Oh, goody."

"Valerie also says that you have to come here."

Her silence continued for several seconds. "I said I'd come and I will, but would you rather live there or here?"

"There, but they haven't offered me the job. Valerie said she would call her friend on the search committee and put in a good word."

"Well, then, you get through with your business and get back out here. Do not let Erika feed you!"

The next day, Valerie knocked on Bill's office door and he bade her come in. "OK, I did my duty. I called and tried to convince my colleague at Cal Poly to hire you. He shocked me by saying that he would see to it. Then, he laughed at me and told me that I was too late. They had already reduced the list to three people."

Bill was disappointed, but said, "Well, that's the way it goes. Can't win them all."

Valerie laughed, "Maybe not, but you are on the short list!"

He beamed, "Well! That's better. At least I have a shot at it."

"He said that in the next few days, they would schedule interviews. When he found out that they didn't have to pay your airfare and hotel, he was even happier."

"That's good news. Very good news. I hope to make my visit before I come back for fall semester."

"OK, now for the price of selling your soul. I want you to vote to bring Erika back, regardless of what you decide about the new job. I want her and I need your vote."

"My problems with Erika were personal, not professional. I have no problem voting for her."

"Thanks! You're a good colleague, Bill. I hate to lose you. By the way, I don't want you fighting with her in faculty meetings either."

"Nope. That I won't promise. If she's wrong, I will challenge her."

"Just be fair."

When he was again in his easy chair, he called Ashley. She answered, "Hi, darling. I'm right in the midst of a squabble. I'll call you back in a little while."

Half an hour later, she called. "One of our clients husbands came to take her away from 'this goddam prison.' We had to call the cops, but they took care of it in short order."

"I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?"

"I have my drink handy, so I'll take the bad news."

"Erika is coming back. I wanted to be the first to tell you."

"I was afraid of that. What does it mean?"

"Nothing that I know about. I agreed to vote for her."

She raised her voice, "You what?"

"Valerie wanted her to be on the faculty and I told Valerie that I would vote for her. I have no professional quarrel with her."

"So, if you don't get the job here, you will be easily available to her."

"No, if I don't get the job, we will be here going on with our lives. Remember? I don't think I'd have time for the both of you."

"Yeah, OK. That's better. I'll try to calm down. You said there was good news, too?"

"Yes. Valerie called her colleague at Poly and found out that I was on the short list for the job. I should be hearing about an interview schedule within the next couple of weeks."

"Hooray! That's great! I guess the good news trumps the bad news today."

"So, if they decide to fill the job, I have one chance in three of getting it. That's a lot better than being one in fifty."

"I love you and this house seems dreadfully empty. You lived here less than a month and it seems that you just belong here."

"I like the house and the principal occupant. I miss you, too. Infatuation demands attention."

"Yeah, it does. Tell me more about the short list. What happens next?"

"They interview the candidates, listen to a research presentation from each, then meet in secret to rank order their choices. Usually, they submit the list to the dean for the final decision. Here, when we hire, the Provost makes the final choice, but we're kind of top heavy."

"The dean and my father go back a long way. Maybe I can put in a good word."

"Just be careful what you say. Here, it would weigh more if you talked as a student rather than the daughter of a retired professor."

"OK, I'll be a student. I still have a short skirt and low cut blouse." She giggled, "'retired', huh? That's an interesting word for it."

"Good night, darling. Only two more days."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.