A Golfer's Dream: Book III - The Real Education Begins - Cover

A Golfer's Dream: Book III - The Real Education Begins

Copyright© 2005 by TheCaddy

Chapter 9: The Roller Coaster of Life

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 9: The Roller Coaster of Life - Dave MacDonald has developed into a world-class golfer. Through a variety of sex and love experiences, he has developed into a confident young man. He is ready to begin his freshman year at a US university but is he really ready to move away from home, his familiar surroundings, his family, and most of his close friends? How well will he do with balancing his golf, his studies, and potential new friends?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Oral Sex   Cream Pie   Voyeurism   Slow  

Dave woke early, very early; he realized he could not go to the range to practice so he rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. He couldn't sleep as his mind returned to thinking about his options, should he be suspended. Eventually he heard Colby wake up and climb off the top bunk. When Colby left for the bathroom, Dave got up and pulled on his robe. He brushed his teeth and was sitting in his chair when Colby returned.

Dave got right to the point, "Colby, I'm sorry I was in such foul humor yesterday. Keith has been a real asshole about me playing in the Canadian Open. You may hear some rumors today, so I want you to hear what happened from me, first. Keith was being his normal ignorant self and shooting off his face. He made a comment about my father that pissed me off so I started to verbally abuse him. He can give abuse but he doesn't take it so well and he made a very ignorant, totally disgusting comment about my mother. I lost my temper and I hit him, cutting him just below the eye. Coach Dawes saw me hit Keith and, when I wouldn't tell him what Keith said to provoke things - I was suspended from practice. Alec checked out my potential punishment and, if this incident goes to the athletic department, I will be suspended a week from classes and two weeks from all sports activities."

Colby was surprised to hear Dave's story and he said he was sorry Dave was in trouble. He then thanked Dave for telling him. Dave asked if he wanted to go eat breakfast and the two roommates left for the dining hall together.

Dave ate a good breakfast and, after Colby left for class, Dave returned to his room and started studying again. Shortly after nine o'clock Dave heard a knock on the door and, when he opened it, he saw Coach Toombs. Coach Toombs said that Coach Dawes wanted to see Dave immediately. Dave nodded and grabbed his DeaconOne card before he followed Coach Toombs to the golf center.

As they walked, Coach Toombs explained that Darcy had come to him and told him what Keith had said. He further explained that Darcy was very afraid of possible repercussions and didn't want Keith or Will to know he had told on them. Dave was relieved that Coach Toombs knew the truth and asked if he had told Coach Dawes.

Coach Toombs looked wistful as he said he had told Coach Dawes, but Coach Dawes would not publicly criticize Keith unless one of the four involved came forward and told the truth about what had been said. Dave was angry that Coach Dawes didn't seem willing to deal with the problem, and that problem, he thought, was Keith.

When they arrived at the center, the team was practicing but Dave didn't even make eye contact with any of them as he followed Coach Toombs to Coach Dawes' office. They knocked on the door, then entered and sat down. Coach Dawes spoke immediately, "Dave, I have heard indirectly what Keith said and if you are willing to confirm that formally, I'll deal with Keith formally."

Dave was mad that again it was being put on him to point fingers and lay blame. Dave had thought a lot about whether he would tell on Keith but he didn't believe he should. He replied, "Coach, I'm not a snitch. As much as I dislike Keith, I still consider myself part of this team and teammates must trust each other. I believe that real men take responsibility for their actions. I admit I punched Keith and all I will say is he provoked me and I know I was justified. If Keith isn't man enough to tell you the truth, then he will never gain my respect."

Coach Dawes shook his head, "Well Dave, I can't discipline Keith if nothing is disclosed, formally."

Dave simply nodded, "I'm not really worried about Keith; I'll stay clear of him as long as he does the same. How will I be discipline?"

Coach Dawes answered, "I have talked it over with Coach Toombs; and; as long as you both apologize to each other, I will drop this right now without getting the athletic department involved."

Dave was relieved but he looked very serious when he said, "I will apologize but only after Keith apologizes. If he does not say he is sorry for his words, I will not apologize for hitting him." Coach Dawes shook his head and started to say something but Dave cut him off, "How would you feel if I said the same thing about you and your mother?"

Coach Dawes suddenly looked reflective and he nodded, "I'll speak to Keith - wait here."

Coach Dawes left the office and Coach Toombs said, "You will be a good business man someday, Dave. You seem to be a very convincing negotiator."

Dave looked at Coach Toombs and simply shrugged. They remained quiet for ten minutes until Coach Dawes and Keith entered the room. Dave could see the start of a nasty black eye starting and a bandage covered the cut on Keith's face. Silently Dave celebrated, "Looks good on you, you fucking asshole."

Besides the scars, Keith's face looked very angry. He walked to Dave. As Dave stood, Keith put out his hand and said, "I'm sorry for what I said."

Dave shook his hand and replied, "I'm sorry I hit you."

Keith looked at Coach Dawes who said, "Return to practice, Keith. Dave, go get your golf shoes on and start stretching."

Dave happily nodded and started to walk towards the locker room. As he left Coach Dawes' office, the phone rang and Coach motioned for him to close the door behind him.

Dave opened his locker and pulled out his shoes. He had just tied them when Coach Toombs entered, "Dave, there's been a complication. Coach Dawes wants you to wait here until he knows more about the complication."

Dave looked at Coach Toombs in disbelief. He asked, "What complication?"

Coach Toombs replied, "Coach Dawes simply told me there was a new problem - I don't know any more than you."

Dave shook his head and began pacing around in the locker room; Coach Toombs left. Dave watched the clock tick off the minutes and it seemed like an eternity before Coach Toombs returned. The clock had advanced thirty minutes but it had felt like hours. Dave anxiously asked, "Do you know what is going on?" Coach Toombs simply shook his head.

As they entered Coach Dawes' office, Dave could immediately see a lot of stress and concern on his Coach's face. Dave and Coach Toombs sat down as Coach Dawes began, "Dave, it seems one of the paparazzi who was here several days ago was back again yesterday. He took pictures of you hitting Keith and sold them to the National Enquirer. They are writing a story based on the pictures and called me for my comments. The story will be published next week. I called the President and we had a conference call with the director of athletics. I obviously had to tell them what happened and, while I didn't give them exact details, I told them that Keith said something totally loathsome and bad about your mother. They agreed that I handled the situation correctly and that a one day suspension and apologies had been fine, if the incident had not become public. Now, however, that has all changed. The President wanted to have a discipline hearing but the Athletic Director and I have talked him into allowing the minimum suspensions to be enforced - you will receive a one week academic suspension and a two week athletic suspension."

Dave was furious and Coach Dawes held up his hand to stop Dave from interrupting him, "I know you're pissed, but let me finish." Dave was turning red with anger but he nodded. "If we had a discipline hearing and Keith was found to be at fault, he would receive discipline with at least the minimum suspensions that you are facing. However, because you struck him, even if determined that you were justified, you would still be suspended for the minimum time and possibly more. I know Keith was partly to blame but you did hit him and now you have to take responsibility for that."

Dave's thoughts were swirling with anger, frustration, and worry over his golf career. He finally heard the words his father had told him when he had decided to go to the Canadian Open, "Be prepared to deal with the consequences of whichever decision you make." Dave had never imagined that this could be the consequence but he realized he had to accept it.

He felt a tear in his eye as he stood and put out his hand to Coach Dawes, "I'll accept my punishment. Thank you for saving me the embarrassment of a disciplinary hearing." Coach Dawes shook Dave's hand before Dave turned and walked out of the room.

Dave was taking off his golf shoes in the locker room when Coach Toombs entered, "Dave, Coach Dawes has called all the players into the meeting room. When you are finished taking off your shoes, please join us." Dave nodded.

Dave got a drink of water before he entered the meeting room. Half the team was there and they waited quietly for the other golfers to return from Miller Center. Dave sat alone to the side, bent over with his head in his hands. He could hear whispering but he didn't look up. Eventually he heard movement and knew it was the rest of the team. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up at a very sweaty but serious looking Alec. Alec whispered, "What's going on?"

Dave simply replied, "It's not good. Coach will explain."

Coach Dawes moved to the front and explained, "As you all know, we had an incident between Dave and Keith yesterday. I dealt with the issue this morning and both men have apologized. I had thought and hoped the incident was behind us, however I got a call this morning and apparently one of the paparazzi that were here the other day was also here yesterday and he took pictures of what happened. He has sold the pictures to the National Enquirer and they are publishing an article next week. Some of you know exactly what happened and the rest probably know almost exactly what happened but we will stand together on this as a team. If we are questioned by anyone, and that includes your own parents, your response is 'Dave and Keith had an argument, Keith provoked Dave, and Dave hit him' end of story. That is all you are to say to anyone." He raised his voice in a very authoritative manner, "Am I clear?"

The whole room quickly replied, "Yes, Coach."

Coach Dawes then said, "Dave has been suspended from classes for one week and all athletic events for two weeks." The whole team including Keith looked at coach in surprise and then looked at Dave. Coach Dawes finished, "Please return to what you were doing."

Dave simply sat there and watched as his teammates left the room. Alec stayed behind and growled, "This fucking sucks!" Dave simply nodded. Alec shook his head, "I have to get back to my workout - but I will come get you for supper."

Dave shook his head, "Don't bother. I've been thinking a lot and I've decided to go home for a week. I need to get out of here and this team needs me out of here as well. I'll call you when I get back."

Alec shook Dave's hand then he said, "See you soon!" Dave nodded before Alec left.

Coach Dawes was just outside the meeting room so Dave walked to him. Dave explained, "I'm going to go back to QAI for a week. Hopefully this will mostly blow over while I'm gone."

Coach Dawes replied, "Okay, Dave. I'm sorry it had to be this way."

Dave simply nodded before he went to his locker and cleaned it out. He got his clubs and walked back to his dorm. It was still before eleven so he logged onto his computer and booked his flight home online. He sent a message to Colby telling him what happened and that he had decided to go home for a week. The flight from Greensboro to Chicago left at one o'clock so Dave packed quickly and called a cab.

The flight to Chicago passed quickly and Dave was soon boarding a flight for Montreal. After he landed in Montreal and passed through customs, he called his father. It was after supper and his father had just arrived home. Dave briefly explained what happened and that he would be landing at ten-thirty and wondered if they could pick him up. His father was very surprised and disappointed to hear Dave had been suspended. But when he heard what Keith had said, he was more understanding.

Dave worked on his laptop during the flight home. After the plane landed in Edwardton, Dave walked into the airport. His parents and sisters were waiting for him and they hugged him supportively. They got his luggage and drove straight home. Dave was tired but when he arrived at the house, he had a long talk with his parents; he explained everything that happened in detail. His father told him he understood him getting angry but he still didn't think Dave should have hit Keith. He told Dave that he was fortunate to only get a one-week suspension. His parents told him they loved him before he went to bed.

He slept soundly in his old bed and was up early the next morning. He decided to go to Hornsby Golf Course to practice but he didn't get much practice because all the members wanted to congratulate him on winning the Canadian Open. He also dealt with the issue of his suspension with several members and when he told one of them about the upcoming article in National Enquirer, the member suggested he call a local reporter and give his account of the incident. Dave thought about that suggestion for a while and finally decided to ask his father.

After Dave spent most of the morning at Hornsby, he saw his father at lunchtime. He asked his dad about doing an interview and his father thought it was a very good idea. His dad explained that Islanders would rather read about the truth in their local paper then some fabrication in the Inquirer. His dad said he knew the perfect reporter and immediately went to the phone. A moment later he handed Dave the phone and Dave did an interview. The interview lasted thirty minutes of which a significant amount of time was spent just talking about Mike Weir, Vijay Singh, and other high profile golfers.

When Dave hung up he felt much better about the whole situation. He hadn't given a lot of details about the suspension - he basically said what his coach had told him to say. However he did add that he was sorry for any embarrassment the incident might bring to his family and friends and Wake Forest.

Dave called John after he talked to the reporter. John had a game that evening and he invited Dave to go into the dressing room before the game. Dave said he would drop by and see him. Dave spent the afternoon studying and sent e-mails to some of his classmates to ask if they could send him overviews of what was covered in class. He sent e-mails to Jennifer, Sarah, and Tina to let them know what happened so they would not be shocked by whatever the Enquirer wrote.

After supper he went to the rink to visit John and his old teammates. He enjoyed the game and the Missiles won a hard fought game. Boots, their goaltender, played unbelievably well - he almost won the game himself. Dave had a chance to talk to John after the game; he told him exactly what had happened with Keith. John said he would love to get hold of Keith and teach him some respect - he was rubbing his fist as he said it. Dave appreciated his best friends support.

John invited Dave to a house party after the game but Dave said he wanted to go to their usual hang out, McDonalds. John explained that he didn't go there anymore - he felt too old. Dave explained he was hoping to see Rebecca, so he got the address of the party from John and said he might drop by later. Dave was surprised that he didn't know a lot of the people at McDonalds and he realized that all his friends were now hanging out at bars or having house or dorm parties. Dave was just leaving when a familiar redhead jumped into his arms and kissed him tenderly.

She asked, "When did you get home?" He explained that he got home late the night before. She told her girlfriends that she was leaving with Dave. They got in his car and drove away. They drove to the park where they could sit and talk. Dave told her everything that had happened. She simply said, "I don't like to say I told you so but I warned you that eventually you would meet someone who is jealous of you and would want to hurt you."

Dave nodded agreement and he must have looked sad because she immediately felt bad for what she said; she jumped into his arms and kissed him passionately. The kiss led to heavy petting, which led to Rebecca pulling out his hard dick and giving him an earth-shaking blowjob. He slid his hand inside her denims and was surprised to find panties. He teased, "So you do own panties. I was beginning to wonder."

She simply smiled, "I wasn't expecting to see you tonight."

He pulled her pants off and licked and sucked her to noisy orgasm. After she recovered she moved him to the passenger seat and sat down on his now hard shaft. She kissed and hugged him as she rocked back and forth on his hardness until they both reached orgasm. As they hugged and slowly recovered, Dave briefly wondered why he had ever left.

They remained in the same position for a long time before eventually getting dressed. They talked for another hour before he drove her home. He walked her to the door and kissed her tenderly. She asked him to call her later in the week. He nodded agreement.

It was just after midnight so Dave drove home and went to bed. He again woke early in the morning and practiced until lunch. His father told him that Katherine's UQAI soccer team had a home game that afternoon, so Dave decided to go watch her play. He had wanted to warn her about the article.

He arrived at the game twenty minutes before it started. Katherine was warming up when she saw him and she ran off the field and into his arms. He hugged her and briefly told her why he was home before she went back onto the field to play. He went to look for a seat in the bleachers and her mother waved to him so he sat beside her. They talked briefly but the game soon started and they both focused on the play. Katherine played spectacular; she scored two goals and set up another - UQAI won four-two. Katherine's mother explained that Katherine must have been playing extra hard for him because in the first three games of the season, she only had one goal and set up one other. But she was by far the best player on the field with Dave there.

Dave smiled as he had thought that Katherine had really dominated the field, too. After the game Katherine rushed to her mother and Dave. Her mother congratulated her and said she would see her at home later. Dave took Katherine's hand and they walked to his car. While they sat in the parking lot, he told her everything that had happened. She was disappointed for him and wished for things to get better when he returned. He said he hoped he could move forward but he was anxious about what the Enquirer would write. Dave eventually drove Katherine home and said goodbye.

He went home and was studying when he got a phone call. It was the Missile's coach, Alain Vigneault, and he invited Dave to practice with the team that week. Dave thought it would be nice to get some exercise and agreed.

Dave studied all evening before going to bed. He woke early the next day and hit balls for two hours before going to the rink. He brought his skates with him and Spider, the team trainer, outfitted him with a full set of gear. Spider made a comment that he had been told to keep Dave's gear from the previous year ready - just in case. Dave laughed. The first practice was very tiring and Dave felt very slow.

After practice, he and John agreed to go to his house for lunch before returning to the rink for weight training. On the way to the house Dave stopped at a local newsstand and picked up the Enquirer. A small sub-line read "Golf Phenomenon or Hockey Goon?"

Dave shook his head and leafed through the magazine until he saw the picture of him hitting Keith. There were three action shots of Dave's fist closing in on Keith's face and then a picture of the coach standing between them with blood running down Keith's cheek. There was also another picture of Dave wearing his Missile's uniform fighting a player from Val D'Or. Dave remembered the fight the previous winter, very well. The Val D'Or player had broken his stick over Dave's leg early in the game and later challenged Dave to fight. Dave had really pummeled him and the picture showed Dave hitting the Val D'Or player's bloody face.

Dave tucked the magazine under his arm and then walked back to his car. John read the article as they drove to Dave's house and Dave heard him periodically laugh. John was still reading the article as he walked into the house. Dave pulled together a quick meal for both of them before he sat with John at the breakfast nook and read the article as he ate. The article said that Dave was trying to run the golf team. When a teammate questioned him, Dave punched the teammate. The article also said that Dave was an aggressive mean person and that was proven by his dirty tactics when he played hockey. The article referenced several people Dave had never heard of. The article angered Dave and John immediately noticed his friend's mood.

When Dave finished the article he said, "Those fucking assholes wrote a total bunch of lies."

He looked at John who was laughing at him. He started to get mad at John when his friend said, "Dave, not one person who has ever met you will believe a fucking word of that shit. It's all bullshit and you know it."

Dave thought about his friend's comments and gradually started to chuckle. John took up a defensive posture with his hands in front of his face and in his best "Ice Voice" barked, "Let's go!"

Dave laughed at his friend. He realized that only a true friend would know how to make him feel better and he was relieved he came back to QAI. John found the local Guardian newspaper and started to read it. The headline on the sports page read Island Hero Returns Home with a large picture of Dave holding the Bell Canadian Open trophy below.

John read the article and then passed it to Dave, "Now that is what Islanders will believe."

Dave read the article and a tear actually came to his eye. The reporter had called several of Dave's coaches and teammates from both golf and hockey. There were even a few quotes from John. The article explained how Dave had instilled pride in Canada and QAI when he won the open. It explained how he had led his Major Midget team to a national title but never talked about himself - only the team. He always gave credit to others. The article discussed Dave's list of accomplishments then Coach Vigneault was quoted as saying that he had never coached a more talented, harder working, team-minded player. He further said that if Wake Forest didn't want Dave, then he would be ecstatic to have him back on his team. All Dave's other coaches and teammates had said the same thing - Dave was a supportive, team player.

The last quotes were from John and they said that Dave was the most helpful and supportive teammate he could ever imagine having. John finally said that if Dave punched a jealous teammate then that person must have said or done something really, really drastic to provoke Dave.

When Dave finished reading the article, he looked at his best friend. His eyes were misty and he was about to say something but John spoke before he had a chance. "Dave, every word in that article is true. You are a true team player and, if anyone questions that, then they do not have a clue what a team player is."

Dave simply nodded emotionally stuttered, "Thanks, John."

They changed the subject and talked about the start of the season for the Missiles; John explained how both Michael Lambert and Cory Urquhart had signed with AHL teams and wouldn't be returning. Most of the defensemen were too old and Milan Hruska didn't return from Europe so the back line was very young. A new scorer from Norway was added and the team hoped that he would have a good year.

Dave and John returned to the rink. As soon as they walked into the change room within the dressing room, Dave and John stopped dead in their tracks. Dozens of pictures from Enquirer article were tapped all over the wall. At first Dave started to get mad but his line mate from the previous year, Pierre Andre Bureau walked into the room laughing and said, "If you are a goon - you are definitely our goon." He handed Dave a white hockey jersey with yellow and blue trim. On the front of the jersey was CHIEFS and Dave immediately got the joke. The Charlestown Chiefs were the team in the movie Slap Shot and the Hansen brothers were the dirtiest hockey players in the league. Dave laughed when he saw his name-bar on the back. Bureau added, "You have to wear this for the rest of the week while you are with us."

Dave shook Bureau's hand and thanked him. The whole team was in the hallway and all were laughing and teasing Dave. Dave felt great as he thought - this is what a team is truly like.

The rest of the week flew past and, by the end, Dave was keeping up fairly well with the drills. On Friday the team left for two away games but just before they left Coach Vigneault called Dave into his office. He said, "Dave, I know we had this discussion last spring but with everything that is going on, I wanted to repeat the offer. If you want to return to the team, we will hold a spot for you - you are always welcome." Dave thanked him then they stood and shook hands. Coach Vigneault added, "Don't ever believe anything that was written in the stupid Enquirer article - you are a team player and no one should ever question that." Dave thanked him again before he left.

Dave had studied hard all week and he had received e-mails from several of his classmates. He reviewed their notes and was confident he was up-to-date on all his classes. On Friday night he stayed home and watched a movie with his family. They munched on popcorn as they laughed and cried through the show.

Dave practiced golf most of Saturday before picking Rebecca up for supper. Her father met him at the door and he immediately congratulated Dave on the Open. Riley and Robbie charge in and jumped on Dave, wrestling him to the ground. Riley said, "The creature said you were practicing with the Missiles. Are you going to play with them again?"

Dave knew Riley called Rebecca the creature and he laughed before he replied, "No, I'm not going to play with them. I was only getting some exercise. But if I decide to play with the Missiles again, I promise to call you and tell you. Okay?" Riley nodded before Rebecca came into the room and chased the boys out of the room.

After going to supper and a movie, Dave and Rebecca went directly to the park and had a wild night in the car. After the exhausting sex, they talked for an hour before Dave drove her home. They kissed passionately and Dave told her he loved her. He drove home thinking about her lovely red bush.

He flew back to Wake Forest on Sunday and arrived late in the evening. Alec picked him up at the airport and they talked about his trip during the drive back to campus. Dave went right to his room and got settled back in. Colby updated Dave on the residence happenings during the week before Dave went to sleep.

Dave noticed that a lot of students were again pointing and staring at him but the week passed quickly. He was happy to find out he had stayed current on his studies and he worked hard to get ahead again. He wasn't allowed to practice on the university facilities, so Alec loaned Dave his car and Dave drove to a local driving range every day. His athletic suspension was finally up on Friday and he was relieved to go to the golf center and practice.

He woke early and when he didn't see Darcy waiting for him he walked to the golf center. Alec, however, was waiting at the range. They hit balls for two hours before the rest of the team showed up. Dave thought that things would be better when he got back. The team knew he could have pushed the situation and had Keith suspended as well so he felt he had taken one for the team, but the atmosphere at practice was not what he had hoped for. All the players besides Alec were distant and cold. Dave was initially angry but he told himself that he could and would earn their respect. Even Darcy had changed and when Dave asked Alec, he said that Darcy had hung out with Will and Keith the entire week Dave was away. Dave nodded understandingly. Dave was even getting dirty looks from the women's team and he suspected that Tiffany was partly to blame.

Dave practiced hard all weekend with the team. Two more teammates started to come around; the sophomores, Carl and Tony. Keith had continued to be his ignorant sarcastic self but Dave ignored him. The team had midterm exams the first week of October, so practices were cancelled until Friday, October 7th when the team would play the qualifying round for the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate in Alabama.

Dave studied hard and he thought he did well in his exams.

On Friday he was ready to qualify but when he got to Tanglewood, he was disappointed to see he had to play with Keith for the qualifying round. Dave went to the practice range and got focused on his round. His other playing partners were Will and Darcy. Dave couldn't believe Coach Dawes would put him with the same three golfers who had betrayed him two weeks earlier.

Keith started in on Dave on the first hole. He verbally abused Dave the whole front nine, but Dave shut him out and remained focused. Will was always laughing and taunting Dave as well. Dave was two under par on the front nine while both Keith and Will were so distracted by trying to throw Dave off his game that both were three over par. Darcy was trying to stay out of it but he was distracted as well and shot two over par. Dave started the back even better and with three holes left he was five under par. He was about to hit on the sixteenth hole when Keith said, "I wasn't really sorry about what I said to you that day. I know what I said is true."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.