Shade of Grey - Cover

Shade of Grey

Copyright© 2005 by Oldbie

Chapter 4: Getting Underway

"This is the last of the food and water, Marella, and I have brought your things from the tent", said Turula as she pile two bundles on the pile on the beach.

"Thank Turula, quickly now go to the others and have them finish quickly. They will have the ship floating free shortly, and I am sure they will want to get everything loaded", replied Marella as she sat on a crate watching the two men working to push the ship into deeper water.

Turula ran off to gather the other woman, as Marella continued to stare out at the ship. Her mind in obvious turmoil, her hands and fingers twitching would half-form the gestures necessary to cast spells, then she would clench her into tight fist's

"That woman continues to stare at us Bastion, I think she is very angry and it is just a matter of time till she explodes", said Darion has he continued to muscle the ship into deeper water.

"You are most likely right, Karl, about her being angry, but she will not unleash that inner fury, she is the Admirals daughter, she knows command orders when she hears them, and she will not question them, as least until the emergency has passed", replied Bastion

The ship glided a short distance as the keel came free of the sand, and the ship floated unhindered in the water.

"Bastion, I want you to get the women to form a cargo line, with you at the ship to throw things up. When we have loaded as much as we can carry, you can then start handing up the women. Tell Lady Marella food, water, supplies, and personal belongings in that order. When I say enough, get the women to the side of the ship so they can be loaded"

Without a further word, Bastion climbed a rope up the side of the ship and on to its deck. Darion waded through the water to shore and the waiting Lady Marella, who stood up as he approached her.

"Lady, he wants you to get the other ladies together, have them form a cargo line to the ship. You are to pass up food, water, supplies, and personal effects in that order. When he says enough, all the women are to come to the side of the ship so they can be boarded", repeated Darion to Marella, as she stood calmly with out any expression.

"Thank you Centurion, I will have the woman form up and we will start as soon as I explain what has to be done", she replied.

"Ladies Gather around, quickly now, we don't have much time..."

I watch as Lady Marella, instructed the women in the details of forming a cargo line; while Darion, was using the time to move the ship so that it was portside to shore. Shortly thereafter, the cargo began to arrive, and with the exception of the water I flung it to the center of the ship. I had Darion hand up one of the women so she could take the water jugs and pour them into the ships barrels. Soon Darion handed the first of the women up to me, and I got them to sit on the oar benches. Finally less that two Tenth's after we started Lady Marella was handed up to me. With a smile I gave her instructions on how to keep the bow of the ship pointed in the direction out of the bay and I sent her to the steering oar at the stern, there was still fire in her eyes.

"Get us moving Darion, then get on board, I will be calling for a wind shortly."

"Aye, Aye Sir", replied Darion with a laugh.

I reach for the Essence I collected from Darion, and melded it with my aura, which grew in volume. All the while I shaped my rapidly growing aura so that it formed a rough funnel to the stern of the ship, sitting just above the water, and angling out on each side of the ship, and high into the air. When I estimated that I had enough air volume contained I began to cause the contained Mana Field to move the air toward the sails, and the ship slowly moved forward. Once the flow of air began to increase, and the ship move forward, I called out to Darion to get on board, but he was already reaching over the portside and lifting himself aboard.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.