Spirit's Soldiers - Cover

Spirit's Soldiers

Copyright© 2004 by FeyRen

Chapter 3

The next morning found Edward again standing in the presence of his lord. These visits had increased in frequency over the past two months. It was obvious that he was concerned about Edward's little group. He had continuously checked up on their progress throughout their training period, and it was apparent that he would do the same now that they were an active unit. Edward wondered what they would discuss today. He hoped it would be another mission.

This time Edward had not been kept waiting. He had been ushered into the audience chamber almost as soon as he had arrived. The Lord spoke first.

"Edward, I heard the report of your mission. Well done."

"Thank you, Master, we did our best."

"I have a new mission you."

"Excellent, sir." Edward tried to conceal his elation at the news.

"We have seen how you and your troops handle brute force, now lets see how you handle deviousness and misdirection. There is a school in the American town of Abington, Pennsylvania that is controlled by the Enemy. We need to insert the three children of two of our saints into that school without the Enemy discovering their presence."

"How is our prayer cover in that area?" Edward asked, referring to the prayers of the saints, those humans who truly believed in the power of the Lord. Those prayers gave the angels their strength in battle. The fewer people who prayed to Edward's lord, the weaker he and his kind became. The Enemy drew his strength from this same source, the prayers of his faithful. Thus, all of Edward's existence was a power struggle for survival. He must fight the enemy both to liberate the souls and minds of the humans and to sustain himself and his soldiers.

"Your prayer cover is very strong. We have our saints praying hard, many of them in a church located in Abington. The Enemy has almost no prayer cover."

"But sir, he has most of the world under his control! How can that be?"

"Yes, he does, but they are not praying to him. They are not an active force, so he has very little power."

"That is good news, with the help of the saints and you, my lord, we can overcome any obstacle."

"Thank you, Edward, you may go."

Edward bowed, turned, and walked from the hall. As he walked along, he found himself overflowing with joy at the fact that they were creating change. He and his soldiers were altering the way things were. They were making a difference!


Dominus stood before his lord in the darkened throne room, his head hung in shame.

"Dominus!" Bellowed the dark figure, "You were ordered to put an end to that hell-spawned strike force!"

"My lord, forgive me, I am truly sorry."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.