Curse of the Bambino 2 - Cover

Curse of the Bambino 2

Copyright© 2004 by Don Lockwood

Chapter 1

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - We're back at Syracuse University and the Yankees and Red Sox are in the AL Championship Series again. Mitch and Callie have new roommates. Freddie is a Sox fan and Vinnie likes the Yanks. Will there be a bet? Of course!

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   CrossDressing   First   Exhibitionism   Slow   School  

I was surprised, actually--at how much I enjoyed my freshman year at college, right from the start. I was a little scared before I went, but it turned out to be a blast from almost the first day.

I'm Freddie, by the way, Freddie Montclair. Yes, I'm a girl. Freddie is short for Frederica which is some old great-aunt's name I got saddled with. Dad was probably looking to be written into somebody's will. I love my parents dearly, make no mistake about it, and my upbringing was satisfying and very loving--but my parents are a wee bit money-obsessed. Which baffles me, because we have more than enough.

Anyway, somehow I got stuck with the name Frederica. I've learned to deal with it. Not always easily, mind you. Every time I got mad at my father I threatened to change my name to Susan. Evidently there are no rich Great Aunt Susans in the family, so that wasn't going to fly. I learned to look on the bright side of it--at least there were no other Freddies in all my years of school. No other female ones, anyway. My best friend Caitlin had it worse--when you called her name seven girls came running. I'd rather be Freddie.

I'm babbling again. I do that.

Anyway, I grew up as a girl Freddie in a very ritzy town: Dover, Massachusetts. The place just reeked of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give you any poor little rich girl whines. There are bad things about growing up rich but I know damn well it beats the alternative.

Anyhow, one of the less pleasant things about growing up the only child of rich and doting parents is expectations. Now, I'd done pretty well at meeting them. Until it was time to go to college.

Dad and Mom both went to Harvard. So, of course, I was going to go to Harvard. It didn't matter that my grades and test scores weren't quite Ivy League material. They were good, but not that good. That didn't matter, however--Dad and Mom both went there. If that wasn't enough, Dad could send in a hefty contribution. We all know how legacy admissions at prestigious colleges go. Come on--you think George W. Bush would've gotten into Yale if his name were George W. Klingenhopfer? Not hardly.

So, I had my pre-printed ticket to Harvard. Only problem was, I didn't want it. There were a number of reasons. The first is, I'll be honest--I was sick of snobs. In Dover, there are a number of them. Dover-Sherborn High School is Snob Central. If I'm honest, I admit that my parents probably qualify. Heck, I might even qualify in my weaker moments.

Now, I know not everyone at Harvard is a snob. However, the non-snobs at Harvard are generally more prevalent among those who actually got in on merit. And that was the other reason. Look, like I said, having a rich daddy beats hell out of the alternative. However, I'd honestly rather not coast on his coattails my whole life. My grades were good--maybe not Harvard-good, but good. I knew I could get into a good school on my own, not because I was Child of Wealthy Alumni.

I applied to quite a few, actually. I picked Syracuse. It was a good school, and far enough away that my overprotective parents couldn't be breathing down my neck. They weren't happy, of course--because I wasn't close, and because Syracuse wasn't Harvard. For once I stuck to my guns. Syracuse was where I headed.

And, as I said, I loved it, right from the first day. It was a big campus--I liked that. Look, I'd been very sheltered. It was almost an overdose of freedom. It could have been a disaster, actually, except I got lucky. I got the world's greatest roommate--Callie Durban, a junior.

Callie was great. She watched out for me without actually watching out for me, if you know what I mean--she wasn't overbearing. She was just helpful. She gave me good tips about navigating the pitfalls of your freshman year at a big university. She helped me after my first big hangover. And she wasn't at all put out about having a lowly freshman as a roommate, which surprised me. Especially when she told me she didn't even have a roommate last year. "She never showed up," Callie told me. "But I didn't pay for a single so I knew I wouldn't get one this year."

So, she was cool about having a roommate. I'm sure part of that was that she really had her life together. She was a good student, had a nice circle of friends, was able to balance everything, and had a really cool boyfriend, Mitch.

And, as the semester got going, I learned to appreciate Mitch more and more. You see, there was one area where my roommate and I did not get along. Baseball.

We both loved it, which was cool--there were girls that were baseball freaks like me, but they were in the minority and it was good to be rooming with one.

Unfortunately, Callie was the worst type of baseball fan--she liked the Yankees. UGH!

Hey, Dover was only 15 miles southwest of Boston. So I was, of course, a Red Sox fan. A Red Sox fan and a Yankees fan are like oil and water. When I found out that Callie liked the Yankees, I said, "Uh-oh. You think we should find new roommates?"

"Nah," she laughed. "If I can go out with a damn Red Sox fan, I can room with one." Mitch, who was there, shot me a smile.

"You? Red Sox Nation?" I asked.

"You betcha. I'm from Medford."

"Cool! I'll have someone to commiserate with! But how the hell can you two go out without killing one another?"

They both laughed. "We just realize from the start that we're going to fight every time the Yankees play the Sox," Callie said.

"In fact, it was last year's ALCS that brought us together," Mitch said.

"Long story, but, yeah, it pretty much was," Callie agreed.

"And now I'm in the same boat as you are, rooming with a Yankees fan," Mitch pointed out.

Oh yeah--Vinnie.


By the time October rolled around, I'd been at college a little more than a month. I'd decided a few things. One was that I loved Callie, really liked Mitch--and didn't like Vinnie at all.

Vinnie Morello. Vinnie from Brooklyn. He was also a freshman, and was Mitch's new roommate this year. And, boy, did he hit every bad stereotype I ever had of Yankees fans. Callie didn't but Vinnie did.

Look. The Red Sox never actually win, so we have to get out our frustration in other ways. And Bostonians are provincial as hell, anyway. So, the Yankees might win all the pennants, but their fans are cretins, is the line of thinking. One joke goes like this: why do Yankees fans chant "1918!"? The Yankees fan will tell you it's to make fun of Red Sox fans, the last World Series and all, but we Sox fans know better--it's because 19 is as far as a Yankees fan can count, then they have to go backwards.

You grow up in Boston, you hear that stuff all the time.

Well, my first impression was that Vinnie fit the bill. A big, dumb, hairy Italian goon from Brooklyn. He made you want to make ape noises. He made you want to ask where his Camaro was. He made you want to throw up. It was loathing at first sight--and that was before I even knew he was a Yankees fan.

Vinnie from Brooklyn. What a cliche.

Of course, he thought I was, too. He immediately branded me a snob. I am NOT a snob. Just because I can use dining utensils properly and don't have to comb my back hair doesn't make me a snob.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.