Lost - Cover

Lost

Copyright© 2004 by Connard Wellingham

Chapter 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 1 - This story was inspired by Noe's excellent 'Convent of the Damned'. Audrey and Susan are lost. They seek refuge in a nunnery - then they really are lost.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Magic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Somewhere, somehow, they must have taken a wrong turning. Now they were lost. Not just a-bit-off-the-route lost but completely, utterly and irrevocably lost. The map, although detailed, was next to useless for they could find no reference point in these dry, anonymous hills and valleys with which to pinpoint their position. Audrey insisted that they head north for the map showed a major highway cutting east-west through a broad valley and, she reasoned, sooner or later they must hit it.

But it was difficult to drive directly north. The roads twisted and turned, sometimes following the contours of the hills, sometimes abruptly plunging down across a small valley and sometimes cutting up and over a gap between the hills. The roads were ancient and generations of feet, hooves and wheels had worn them below the level of the surrounding land. The modern road-builders had simply levelled the surface and applied tarmac. Even where the ground was harder, or perhaps the road newer, there were, inevitably, tumbledown stone walls, stunted trees or impenetrable prickly bushes to block the view. So they drove on, trying to maintain some vague northward direction by reference to the sun, and hoping more than expecting that around the next corner or over the next ridge, they would find the broad, fertile valley and the highway.

The sun beat aggressively down on the parched ground of this inhospitable land of barren, rocky hills and scorched, boulder-strewn valleys. There were few trees, stunted oaks and scrub pine, and no greenery to break up the monotonous grey and ochre vista. After several hours of this fruitless, directionless driving, they were beginning to panic. The sun was beginning to cast longer shadows across the dusty landscape and the fuel indicator was getting depressingly low. Tempers were fraying, each blaming the other for either getting them into their current predicament or being unable to get them put of it. They were hot, tired, thirsty and worried.

"Look," said Audrey at last. "We need to stop and ask somebody."

"But we don't speak the language," wailed Susan. "And nobody in this god-forsaken land's going to speak English."

"Well, we have to try," said Audrey firmly. "We have to do something or we'll still be here at night."

Her friend gave a shudder. The thought of night amongst these hills did not appeal at all. "Anyway," she retorted. "There's no-one to ask even if we did speak the language."

Unfortunately, she seemed to be right. The countryside seemed to be completely devoid of human presence. They had not seen a village, hamlet, farmhouse or even a lonely shepherd's cottage for over half an hour. In fact, if it wasn't for the tarmaced road and ruined walls, they might have been the first people here since the land was formed. They drove on for a number of miles, the loneliness of the landscape seeping deeper into their souls.

Susan suddenly sat upright and pointed. "Look," she cried. "Over there."

Audrey braked sharply. "What? Where?"

"Over there. On the other side of the valley. I'm sure I saw a building."

"Are you sure? It wasn't just a rock formation?"

"Of course I'm not sure." Susan was aggrieved. "But it looked like a building to me. Back up a bit where we can see."

Audrey carefully backed the car up the road to where a gap in the verge allowed a good view over the valley. She stopped and got out. The heat hit her like a fist.

"So where's this building?"

Susan pointed. "Over there. Where the trees are. Near where the hill sticks out a bit."

Audrey stared in the indicated direction then rummaged round in the car for her binoculars. "My God," she exclaimed. "You're right. It is a building. It looks like a church."

"Maybe we can claim sanctuary," giggled Susan.

"That was well spotted, Sue. You've got sharp eyes. Now, how do we get to it?" She scanned the valley through the binoculars. "Yes. That looks like a road. And I seem to remember we passed a turn-off a few miles back."

She turned the car carefully in the narrow road grateful for once that it was free of traffic and they retraced their steps. Several miles back up the road they found a small turning which seemed to lead off in the right direction. If the other road had been narrow, this one was a nightmare. Little more than a track, it was barely wide enough for the car and was rutted and pitted with potholes. It was obvious that no-one had used it for a long time.

"Are you sure this is the right road?" Susan asked, nervously.

"Of course I'm not sure," snapped Audrey. "Do you have a better idea?"

"No. Sorry." Sue subsided, chewing her lower lip nervously.

The track at least seemed to be heading in the right direction for it led down into the valley and climbed back up the other side. All at once they became aware that the track was flanked on one side by a high wall. It was as derelict as the road, lichen covered with stones missing or badly eroded and small, gnarled bushes growing in the gaps — but it was a wall.

"That's a good sign," said Audrey with some relief. "Now all we have to do is find the gate."

The gate, when they found it, wasn't. It was simply a gap in the wall flanked by tall pillars on top of which were perched gargoyles made more hideous and grotesque by being severely eroded. Their blank and shrunken eyes seemed to follow the car as it passed between them.

"Uggghh," Susan shivered. "This place is spooky."

Audrey shrugged. She, too, had an uneasy feeling. "We don't have much choice."

The track swung round an outcrop of rock and they were suddenly at the church. Close up it didn't look much like a church except for the square tower with a pointed roof that rose above the middle. It was much bigger than they had imagined, rearing ominously high above their heads. It was also ancient, the stone walls as rough and pitted as the hills around it. With its plain façade broken irregularly by small, dark windows — and none of them at ground level — it looked more like a mediaeval fortress than anything else.

In the middle, a broad flight of shallow steps led up to a huge heavy wooden door set far back into the thick walls. They parked the car and got out, craning their necks as they looked up at the grim heights.

"Come on. Let's see if we can find a bell or knocker," said Audrey with a forced determination.

Grit and sand crunched under their feet as they climbed the steps. No-one had used this entrance for quite some time. To one side of the doorway an iron rod with a handle hung down the wall. Gritting her teeth, Audrey gave it a tug. It did not move. She pulled again, harder and, finally hanging all her weight on it, the rod reluctantly moved. A cloud of grit and rust rained down on her. She stepped back, brushing the dust from her face and hair. There was no sound from within.

They waited in the eerie silence for a long time. The sun, sinking behind the building, cast long shadows which seemed darker and deeper than they ought to be. They were just debating whether they should try the bell-pull again when they heard faint noises from behind the door. A wicket gate opened and, in it, was a black-robed figure holding a small oil lantern. Audrey turned to her — for she was certain that, although the cowl completely hid her face, the figure was female without knowing why.

"I'm terribly sorry," she said with a rush. "But we're completely lost and wondered if you could help us."

The hooded figure was silent for a while. Then she held up a surprisingly elegant and delicate hand as if to say, "Wait," and turned abruptly away closing the door behind her.

The girls looked at each other in astonishment and shrugged. There was nothing they could do but wait. After an interminable interval, the door opened again and another nun appeared. She seemed to be taller than the previous one so they assumed she was different.

"We're really sorry for disturbing you," Audrey began again. "But we're completely lost and short of petrol. Could you tell us if there's a village nearby?"

The nun was silent for a long time. Finally she said in strangely accented English, "There is village near here. But you not get there today. No-one to help." The girls visibly sagged. "But you stay night here you wish."

"Could we? That'd be marvellous. We're most grateful."

The nun appeared to nod. "Bring things. I show you room."

They grabbed suitcases from the car and followed the nun into the building.

The stone corridor was dark. The only light came from the nun's lantern which bobbed and weaved as she walked, casting eerie shadows and making her black-robed figure even more sinister. She led them up stairs and along corridors seemingly at random. The girls followed close behind, afraid to be left behind in the dark. Eventually, she entered a passageway with a wooden floor and doors down one side. She opened one of these and stood aside to let the girls enter.

"Not Ritz," she said. "But at least bed."

The cell was sparsely furnished. Two wooden beds with thin blankets, a nightstand and a large chest of drawers were all it contained. But the plain walls were whitewashed and the wooden floor was clean, and there was a small window set high in one wall.

"This is fine, really," said Audrey. "It's most kind of you."

"I expect you hunger and thirst," said the nun.

"We do, indeed."

"Someone will come. I must ask that you not leave room tonight. You must not disturb rituals. In morning, we show you the way. This I must insist. Do not leave room. You understand?" They nodded. "Good. I bid goodnight."

Abruptly she left, closing the door behind her. The girls sat on the beds and looked at each other.

"God, what a weird place," said Susan.

"Isn't it. But it's better than a night in the car."

"I suppose so."

"Trust me. I've slept in a car."

They were silent for a moment.

"I wonder what she meant by 'rituals'," Audrey said thoughtfully.

"I dunno. Probably they get up in the middle of the night and sing hymns."

"She wouldn't have called them rituals," Audrey objected. She looked around her. "And there's another odd thing."

"What?"

"There's no crucifix or bible or anything religious in here."

"What's odd about that? Nobody's probably used this room for absolutely ages. I'd say they don't get many visitors."

"Yes, but there still should be a crucifix or something."

"So since when were you an expert on nuns? Give it a rest, Aud. This place gives me the spooks. I just want to get tonight over with and get back to civilisation tomorrow."

Audrey was saved from having to reply to this outburst by the door opening and two nuns entering. One bore a tray of food and the other a large pitcher and a bowl. As they set their burdens down on the nightstand, the cowl of one of them slipped and the girls caught a brief glimpse of her face. The sight was almost a physical shock — the face behind the cowl was truly beautiful. Without a trace of make-up, the oval face was perfect; at once alluring, innocent and sexy. Hastily, the nun adjusted her hood and the pair retreated as silently as they had arrived.

"Did you see that?" gasped Susan. "What is someone who looks like that doing in a place like this?"

"She was certainly astonishing," agreed Audrey thoughtfully.

"Astonishing's not the word. Any fashion model would give her eye teeth to look like that. I'd give my eye teeth — and a lot more besides."

Audrey shrugged. "It'll just have to remain another of the unsolved mysteries of this place. Anyway, let's eat. I'm starving."

The food was plain, simple and plentiful — fresh bread, cheese, ham and tomatoes, with fresh, clear water to drink. The girls set to and cleared the tray. Hunger banished, the tensions of the day caught up with them. They made their preparations for bed and climbed into the simple beds as the last light of the day faded from the room. They were asleep instantly.


Audrey awoke with a start. It was pitch black. For some reason she was wide awake. She was aware of the smells of the bare wooden cell with its whitewashed walls, of the firm mattress underneath her, of Susan's slightly nasal breathing in the other bed. She lay quietly, wondering what had woken her from a deep and dreamless sleep.

Then she heard it. It wasn't loud but it seemed to invade every corner of the room. It made the hairs on the back of her neck and arms stand on end and she was suddenly sweating in the cool night. She sat bolt upright, breathing heavily.

"Sue," she hissed savagely. "Sue. Wake up."

"Huh? Wassamatter?" mumbled Sue rolling over.

"Wake up. Wake up and listen."

Something in Audrey's tone made Sue open her eyes and sit up.

"I don't hear anything. Why did you wake me up?"

"Ssh. Shut up and listen."

As she spoke the sound came again — an inhuman cry of torment and triumph.

"My God," exclaimed Sue, clutching the blankets to her chin. "What in hell was that?"

"I've no idea," her friend replied grimly as she slid her feet to the floor. "But I intend to find out."

"You can't go out," Sue wailed. "It sounded pretty awful."

Audrey was groping around for her shoes. "I know. That's why I'm going to find out what it is."

"But we're supposed to stay here."

"You can stay if you wish but I'm going."

"Oh, no. I'm not staying here all alone. Something might come in and get me."

Hand in hand, the girls groped their way out of the cell and down the passageway. It was dark — not the sort of dark they were used to in the city but totally, utterly and completely dark — so they felt their way carefully along the walls, stumbling and fumbling their way. Their breathing sounded very loud in their ears and every sound seemed magnified.

"Aud," whispered Sue tremulously, "what's that noise?"

"What noise?"

"A sort of muffled thumping — like drums."

"I can't hear anything."

"But it's so loud. You must hear it."

Audrey shook her head forgetting that Sue couldn't see her. She was aware of her heart beating loudly and stopped suddenly.

"Sue, put your hand on your heart."

"But..."

"Just do it. Can you feel it beating? Does it match your drumming?"

"Oh! But it's so loud."

"Of course it is. Now shut up."

At the end of the corridor they found a stout wooden door. After much fumbling around, Audrey found the handle. Cautiously she tried it and, to her relief, the door was unlocked and opened silently. Beyond the door was a spiral stone staircase. Audrey found this out by stepping through the door and finding nothing under her feet. She gave an involuntary gasp as she felt herself falling. Almost instinctively, Sue gripped her hand tightly and hauled her back.

"Whew," she whispered, her blood pounding in her ears. "Thanks, Sue."

Sue just gripped her hand in reply. She was terrified and it was only the thought of trying to find the way back to their room by herself in the dark that kept her going.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.