Tales from an Unknown Corner - Cover

Tales from an Unknown Corner

Copyright© 2003 by Dai_wakizashi

Chapter 49: Maneuvers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 49: Maneuvers - Some men, men like you and I, take the same road home every night. Some men take the road less traveled. Some men take a wrong turn, and spend years lost in the cold, dark woods. Some men, if they're lucky, someday find their way home. A very lucky few may even meet angels on the way. This story starts very slowly in those woods. It's intimate and contemplative, with plot, characters and sex that will appeal to introspective readers and reward their patience. Be Patient! hint: ch-6, an angel?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Sex Toys   Slow  

I woke up at the ringing of the telephone. Trying to get rid of the cobwebs of sleep, I turned to the nightstand, and reached for the phone. Realizing where I was, I turned to check on Dana, to give her the phone. She was awakened by the ringing, and extricating herself from Sarah's embrace, she turned to me and took the phone, looking sleepy. After a few words, she handed it back to me, saying, "For you."

I was still not completely awake. "Look, Kathy, can we talk some other time? We had a very late night," I said with a slightly irate tone.

"Er... I'm sorry to disturb you, Mitch," a male voice said. "This is Ulysses."

That woke me up in a hurry!

"Uh... Sorry, Ulysses. I thought it was my sister calling. What can I do for you?"

"I know it was a long and eventful night, and I hate to call you at this hour, but I want to keep you informed about the developments. It would be best if we meet," he said with an apologetic tone, but there was an edge to his voice.

"Sure. Where and when?" I replied quickly.

"Can you come to the club, say... in two hours time?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure! What time is it?"

"It's half past ten, now. We can meet later if you want," he added.

"No, no, that's quite all right. I'll be there. Can you tell me what's going on?"

"I talked with my lawyer, and we are going to visit the assailants. I heard from the precinct commander that one of them called his lawyer, and it seems they will be taking legal action. Nothing serious to get worried about, yet. My lawyer and I will visit the commander. The DA will be there also and we'll look at the situation. First, I want to assess the situation, then go over our options with you, and decide on a course of action."

Now, I was wide-awake, and my mind switched gears. Although Ulysses indicated it wasn't something to worry about, I was worried, and I knew I needed some legal advice, despite his promises of help. I asked for the names of his lawyer and the DA-mentally repeating them a few times so I wouldn't forget the names-and told him I would meet him at the club around midday, before ending the call.

"Problems?" Dana asked with a quiet voice not to disturb Sarah.

"I'm not sure," I temporized; my mind was still busy with what Ulysses told me.

Dana turned to check on Sarah, who was half-asleep, but stirring. Brushing her hands on her cheek, she leaned and kissed her, and said, "Go back to sleep, Sarah." She kept her gentle caresses until she eased Sarah back to sleep, before she motioned me to get out of the bed. I looked around for my underwear and clothes, and remembered I had taken everything off and left them in the bathroom. While Dana put on panties, and a robe, I went to the bathroom. She came in while I was brushing my teeth, and we shared the small sink. I put on my boxers and t-shirt, and collecting my clothes, I dropped them in the spare room, before heading to the kitchen.

Dana was busy preparing coffee, and I took a seat in the breakfast nook. Seeing a notepad and a pen attached to the wall next to the fridge, I took them, and quickly wrote down the names of the lawyer and the DA before I forgot them. I went to the living room, searching for cigarettes, and locating Dana's pack and lighter, I returned to the kitchen with an ashtray, and lit a cigarette.

Finishing her preparations, Dana took a seat opposite to me and also lit one, before she locked her eyes to mine, waiting expectantly.

"I'll be meeting Ulysses at the club. He told me one of our attackers called his lawyer and would probably try to start legal action against us. Ulysses is going to be meeting his lawyer and the DA to discuss the situation, and then he wants to discuss our options with me."

She nodded, then glancing at the notepad, she directed a quizzical look at me.

"The names of his lawyer and the DA. This is the first time I find myself in such a situation, and I need some legal advice. These guys might be good, but I don't know them, and I need to talk with our family lawyer to get that advice, and maybe he can tell me something about them, as well," I offered.

Reaching out, she held my hand, and said, "Don't worry, Mitch. Ulysses will help us. He's a very good friend. If he said he would help, then he will."

"I-I... I know, but I want to be ready for any eventuality," I replied hesitantly.

Giving me a long look, she asked, "What's bothering you, honey?"

I debated against telling her the truth, but decided she deserved to know. "It's complicated, Dana. I know so little about Ulysses. I like him. But, I don't want to be in his debt, especially about something like this."

"Why? You won't be in his debt. You also helped Caroline and Pete, and he knows that."

"Maybe so, but... I can't really explain," I replied.

"Please, tell me Mitch. What's bothering you?" she insisted. When I didn't respond, she squeezed my hand and urged me to tell her.

"Whether I owe him or not, I'll feel indebted to him, and I don't want to be in that position. Not yet, anyway."

Her eyes widened in surprise, before her expression changed to one of curiosity. "Why would you feel or think like that?"

"That's the way I am."

"Mitch, would you expect somebody to return a favor when you do something for them?" she asked pointedly.

"No, I don't," I answered quickly. "I do it because I can or I want to."

"Then, why would you feel obliged to return a favor, even when it's not a favor? Isn't it the same thing?" she asked.

"Perhaps, but I just met him, and we don't know each other. He's a good friend of yours, but it's different for me. Please, let's drop it."

"Honey," Dana tried, "I can understand that, but he's not doing it only for you. He's doing it for all of us, and he would have done the same whether you were involved or not."

Instead of an answer, I nodded, but she sensed I was uncomfortable with the situation and the discussion, so she moved the subject to something else.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I need information, and the family lawyer could help me out, but..."

"But?"

"I'm worried it would get to my parents, and I don't want them to know about the incident."

"Do you think he would mention it to your parents?" she asked.

"Well... there's attorney-client privilege, but we never have had the occasion to invoke it before. It's a delicate relationship, and he knows my parents and me very well. He's not just the family lawyer. The two families have known each other for years, are very close personal friends, sharing a lot. I don't want to offend him, but he's the only lawyer I know and trust."

"But, he should respect your wishes, not only as a client but as a family friend."

"I'm hoping he would. If our relationship were based only on attorney-client relationship, I wouldn't worry about it, but when you throw in a longtime family friendship into the mix..."

"Mitch, if you trust him, then there must be a good reason for it," she responded, drawing a sharp look from me.

Once again, I was surprised by her insight. I realized I was worrying about something I shouldn't have been. I saw her smile at me, and when I smiled back, she squeezed my hand in reply.

"Come on. Make the call. You'll feel much better afterwards," she said. Standing up she went to the counter. "I'll bring your coffee."

I followed her, and wrapped my arms around her belly, pulling her to my chest. I kissed her neck, and then nipped her ear lobe, making her shiver. She let out a soft sigh, and turned her head to share a kiss. Then, she leaned against me, and let me hold her for a short while.

"I love you," I whispered softly, before nipping her ear lobe again.

"I love you, too, Mitch," she responded, and we shared a short kiss, before I released her from my embrace.

Collecting the notepad, pen, and the cigarettes, I went to the living room to make the call. After the pleasantries, I told him I needed some information about two lawyers, mentioning I might be dealing with a delicate situation. From his responses, I could sense he was worried. When I mentioned the names of the lawyer and the DA, there was a long silence at the other end. As the silence stretched, I could visualize him letting out a long whistle, and to my surprise I heard a low whistle, before he came back with questions, asking about the nature of the delicate situation. When I tried to evade, he came out with direct questions.

"Mitch, are you in some kind of trouble?"

"I'm not sure," I replied.

After a long silence, he said, "Look, Mitch. Why are you evading my questions? I'm here to help you, and you're starting to worry me."

"Sorry. This is a delicate matter, and I want to keep it under wraps," I said.

"I see..." he said, his tone changing to one of comprehension. I wasn't surprised to hear him continue with his professional voice. "This is strictly business, Mitch, and it will stay here. Now, tell me what's going on, Son."

So I told him about the whole event; from the first confrontation in the club till the end when we had the police reports. Then I explained that Ulysses had his lawyer looking into the matter with the DA.

"OK. I think I've got the picture. From what you told me, there's a chance they might try to sue you for excessive force or assault, but they don't have much to stand on. It was self-defense, you were outnumbered, and they were armed. The attack was planned, so there's pre-meditation. I'm not sure how the attempted rape charge might hold up. It's your word against theirs despite the witnesses, but also, it was implied. However, they are in a world of trouble as it is, without the attempted rape charge. I think they are trying to wiggle out of the situation as much as possible, and it's a ploy," he said.

"So, you don't think they have a case?" I asked, heartened by his comments.

"I didn't say that, Mitch, but from what you told me, I don't think they can get too far with it even if they try to make a case of it. I'm not a criminal lawyer, so it would be advisable to seek counsel from one. Ulysses' lawyer is a top-notch criminal lawyer and defense attorney. I don't know him, personally, but he has a reputation," he said, and paused.

I sensed there was more to it, after his pointed comment about the lawyer. "Is there something I should know?"

"I don't know how to say this, but he has some questionable clients," he replied.

"You mean... some well-known criminals?" I asked.

"Something like that. A few of his clients have been involved in criminal activities, but they walked free due to some technicalities. I'm not saying all his clients are crooks or criminals. Since he's a criminal lawyer, it's expected that he would be called to defend people. I've been surprised to hear him take on some of those cases; that's all," he replied. "Who's this Ulysses character, Mitch? Do you know anything about him?"

"I don't know him much. As I told you, I met him last night. He seemed decent enough, and my girlfriend seems to know him, and trust him. I don't think she would be friends with a crook or a criminal."

"I see. He may not be a criminal, but I doubt running a nightclub in a big city is an easy thing. You know, things like protection, bribes, and such... Since he feels the need for a top-notch criminal attorney, and knows the local precinct commander, he must have been involved in some things. Keep that in mind," he warned.

"I understand. Do you know the DA?"

"That's the oddball, Mitch. I've heard he's a hard case, and one of the toughest ones around. If Ulysses knows him or feels like he could talk to him, then he may be clean. Because that guy doesn't care for criminals," he replied.

"Well, that's good to hear, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes, it is."

"What should I do? I'll be meeting Ulysses and his attorney in about two hours."

"I think you should listen to what they have to say, and their suggestions, then give me a call, and we'll discuss it. In the meantime, I'll look for a good criminal lawyer there. I should have a name for you in an hour or so. If you're not happy with the situation or feel like you need help, you can seek counsel from him. From the looks of things, though, I expect Ulysses' lawyer will give you some good advice, but it's your call. After all, Ulysses is peripheral to the incident, and he's being called to assess the situation and help you and his employees who are directly involved in the incident."

"After what you said, I agree. But I'd like to have a name, just in case..."

"Sure, Mitch. I understand. Give me a call whenever you can. I'll be in the office all day long. If I'm out, my secretary will know how to get in touch with me."

"Thank you very much. I really appreciate it."

"Don't worry about it, Son. Let's hear what's going on, then we'll take it a step at a time. All right?" he said trying to put me at ease.

I thanked him, and ended the call. When I turned, I saw Dana sitting on the couch, watching me with an unreadable expression on her face. She had two cups on the table, and nodded towards my cup. I went to sit next to her, and took my cup, sipping the coffee. Seeing the quizzical look on my face, she waved it away and smiled.

"Please relax, honey. Everything will be fine. It's no use worrying about things, before you know all the details," she said.

"Yeah. I think I know what you mean," I replied, and took a deep breath to calm down.

Putting my cup on the table, I took her cup from her hands and placed it beside mine, then pulled her into my arms, and sat back. She wiggled for a few seconds, trying to find a comfortable position so I relaxed my hold. She pulled her knees under her, and snuggled to my side, before she let me gather her under my arm. We sat quietly until she broke the silence.

"Mitch?" she said softly. When I looked at her, she paused and took a deep breath, before she continued. "I want to do something, but I'm not sure how you feel about it."

"Tell me."

"It's about Sarah. You know she's leaving tonight?"

I nodded.

"I... I don't want her to leave... just yet."

When I raised an eyebrow, she said, "I was thinking... she could take an early morning flight tomorrow. Tuesday morning flights are usually empty; there should be some seats available. I... I want her to stay with us one more night. She could get a good rest, instead of a restless trip on the night bus, and ending up at work tired."

"If that's what you want, it would be easy to arrange," I responded. "Is there more to this?"

She smiled at my question, and said, "Yes, there is. I don't want her to be alone tonight. I was thinking about what happened, and last night. I suspect she's emotionally exhausted, because she felt my hurt. She was there for me, and I want to be there for her. She helped me a lot, Mitch. Helped us..."

I remembered Sarah's reaction in the tub, holding Dana, and I knew how much she was affected when Dana was telling her story. She tried to keep a brave face, and while Dana hadn't seen that, I now realized Dana must have felt Sarah's empathy. I was startled by what she said, but I shouldn't have been. For a moment, I didn't know how to respond. I wanted to crush her in my arms to make her a part of me, and I also wanted her to reach in and hold my heart, so she could physically sense and know how I felt about her. Leaning in, I kissed her softly, and we exchanged one of her soul kisses, leaving us breathless.

"I'll drop by a travel agent and book her flight," I replied, after the kiss.

"Sorry, honey, but I'd like to do that myself."

"But..."

She shook her head.

"Can we at least share the cost?" I tried.

She looked like she was going to object, but then thinking it over she smiled, and nodded her agreement. "Yes, I like it. It would be from both of us."

"Thank you," I said, kissing her again. "In the meantime, I will cancel her bus ticket. On the way to Ulysses I'll be passing by the office-the shuttle terminal for the coach service-where she bought the ticket yesterday."

"Good idea," she said. "I'll make the reservation, and pick up the airline ticket. I think it would do both Sarah and I some good to go out while you are visiting Ulysses."

"How do we meet each other if I finish early?" I asked.

She thought for a minute, and said, "We'll call you around half past one, and see how things are going. You'll be with Ulysses at the club?"

"Yeah. You can leave a message there. Even if we go someplace I think we will return there," Checking the clock on the stereo, I added, "I better get ready, otherwise I'll be late."

After a quick glance at the clock, she didn't make a move, and instead she slid one hand under my t-shirt, and said, "You have time. Let's shower together."

From the look in her eyes, I knew she was planning a fun shower, and even though I might run late, I couldn't refuse the invitation. I wanted her something terrible. Extricating herself, she stood up and pulled me to my feet, and we went to the bathroom. Under the warm water, we played with each other, working up our passions. Then, she turned her back to me and bent at the waist, with her hands on the tiles, offering me a beautiful view. Moving behind her, I entered her gently, then leaning over, I reached to cup her breasts, and kneaded her flesh, teasing her nipples, while I stroked into her slowly with a measured pace. When she drew closer to her peak, I moved one hand to play with her pussy lips, and massaged her clitoral hood, pushing her along the path to her release, while increasing the pace and force of my strokes, catching up to her. I must have miscalculated because I came before her, but my fingers managed to bring her over the brink, and she joined me just as I was pumping the last spurts into her. Her internal muscles kept me semi-hard with their spasms as her climax ran its course, and I kept playing with her tits, moving from one to the other, while my other hand was busy with her pussy. Eventually she reached down to stop my ministrations to her pussy. I moved my hand to cup and massage her breasts, while she tickled my balls, making me throb.

We stayed connected to each other for several minutes, my body covering hers, while I kissed and licked her neck, receiving soft moans, and shivers from her. When she indicated she wanted to stand up, I disengaged from her reluctantly. My cock slipped from its warm nest, and she let out a soft, resigned moan, complaining about the loss. I turned her around, surrounded her with my arms, squeezing her close, and locked my lips to hers, feeling her hard nipples against my chest; they almost bruised me with their hardness. After the kiss, our eyes locked. Her eyes were softened in the afterglow of sex, and she gave a fond smile, holding onto my neck. We exchanged several soft kisses before she moved out of my embrace and took a sponge. We washed and dried each other and left the bathroom.

In the spare bedroom, I dressed in jeans and a shirt, and taking my windbreaker, I looked for Dana. I found her in the kitchen preparing toast. She was still naked, except for an unbuttoned men's shirt, with her cheeks playing peek-a-boo under the hem as she moved. It was a delightful sight, and I was almost tempted to have a second round right there. Feeling my presence, she looked over her shoulder, and seeing my eyes roving over her, she grinned mischievously.

Putting the toast on a plate, she brought it to the table, while I took a seat.

Seeing me check my watch, she said, "You still have enough time, Mitch. Finish your toast, then you can leave."

"I don't think I have enough time, especially for what I want to eat, and I don't want to leave," I retorted.

"Oh! I must have worked up your appetite," she teased.

"Definitely."

"Keep that thought until later," she said, brushing her hand against my cheek, before she moved to take a seat.

The view was distracting, but I managed to eat my toast without choking on it-and kept hoping her warm and tight channel would choke something that was growing bigger and getting quite uncomfortable. She must have sensed my discomfort, because after watching me for a short while, she began to tease me, by licking a finger, and running the wet tip around her erect nipple, almost with an absentminded expression on her face. I let out a groan at the image, and she flashed me a teasing grin.

"This is just so you know what's waiting for you when you return," she quipped.

"You know, I have to keep my concentration during the talks, and now, it will be very difficult," I retorted.

Stopping her teasing, she apologized, realizing there might be serious problems ahead. "I'm sorry, Mitch. I just wanted you relaxed, and not tense for what you might have to deal with."

"That's all right, Dana. I am relaxed. It was a very good shower."

"It was!" she concurred with a soft smile.

"I think I better take a cab," I said, as I took the last piece of toast.

"I'll make the call," she said and left.

A few minutes later, she was back with something in her hand. It was Sarah's bus ticket. With an apologetic expression she gave it to me, saying, "I hope Sarah won't get mad that I went through her purse."

"I think she will understand, especially after our little surprise. Anyway... I'll tell her I was the one who was in her purse, if you would feel more comfortable."

She shook her head, and said, "That's all right. I know she will understand. Come on, get going. The taxi will be here any minute."

After a quick kiss, I took the elevator down, and when I stepped out of the apartment, the taxi was there. I gave the name of a well-known hotel as my destination; it was situated near the main street that was closed to traffic. I could make faster time on foot when I got out of the taxi at my destination, instead of getting stuck in the slow moving, one-way traffic on the side streets. I settled back in the seat, and closed my eyes, trying to center myself, to prepare for the upcoming meeting.


The cabbie pulled over by the hotel, and I got out. The traffic had been light, and I was earlier than planned. Getting my bearings, I started in the direction of a side street that intersected the main street, where the coach service office was located. I wanted to sort out the bus ticket first before going to the club. When I entered the office, I saw the sales agent from yesterday. After refreshing her memory about our recent visit to her office to buy a ticket-she remembered us-I fed her a story about my girlfriend being very sick and unable to make the trip. I expected she would be reluctant to cancel the ticket, and I was right, but since she admitted to remembering us, I had effectively eliminated her one and only means to refuse canceling the ticket. Normally speaking, the ticket could be cancelled in person by the purchaser. She reminded me that there was a charge for short notice cancellation, and asked me if I would rather have it replaced with an open dated one that Sarah could use in the next couple of weeks. With a worried and slightly impatient tone, I told her I would most probably put her on an airplane, depending on how quickly she recovered, letting her draw the conclusion that something was terribly wrong with my girlfriend. Without further argument, she cancelled the ticket and gave me the refund minus the amount for last minute cancellation, while expressing her sympathies. Sticking to my role, I returned a strained but polite smile, thanked her, and hastened out of her office.

At 12:30, almost on the dot, I arrived at the club. The door was locked, but a young man answered when I rang the bell. When I introduced myself, he told me I was expected, and without any delays, took me to Ulysses' office. To my surprise, I was met by Amy in the office.

"Welcome, Mitchell," she said, warmly, and instead of shaking hands, she hugged me.

After a momentary hesitation, I followed suit. Then she showed me to a comfortable armchair, and took a seat opposite me.

"Coffee?" she asked.

"Thank you. If it won't be a bother," I replied, perhaps sounding a bit formal and stiff. I wasn't over my surprise at how I was greeted, yet.

A momentary crease around her eyes told me she noticed my awkward response, but she chose to respond with a polite smile.

"Ulysses is delayed. In the meantime we both could do with a cup of coffee," she suggested. When I smiled in agreement, she reached for the intercom on the bureau, and ordered coffee, then asked, "How are Sarah and Dana?"

"They are all right. Dana is feeling much better, now. Later, they will go out shopping," I replied, knowing she was concerned about her friend.

She responded with a soft smile, but she looked restless, and as I kept my eyes on her, she fidgeted. Hoping she would relax, I averted my eyes, and scanned the room. It was tastefully done, using slick and modern furniture, mostly in black, which was very subtly Spartan, giving off a distinctly male aura-and a powerful one at that. A knock on the door interrupted the silence, and the same young man brought in a tray, put it on the small table between us, then quietly left the room.

"Milk, sugar?" she asked, as she poured the coffee from a carafe.

"Please, sugar only."

After she served, she sat back, watching me, while I took a sip from my cup, wondering what she was thinking. She seemed preoccupied and a bit nervous.

"How are the kids?" I asked to break the silence.

"They are having a nap, in the next room," she said, nodding in the direction of the small door that was slightly ajar.

Once again, we were quiet, and the silence seemed to weigh in. She took a deep breath, and set her eyes on me. "Mitchell, I think we should get to know each other a bit. Dana and I go back a long time. I met her when she was a student in nursing school. She used to visit the hospital where I was interning, to observe. Later she quit nursing and decided to follow a course for flight attendants, before she signed up with an airline. We've kept in touch over the years. She was my bridesmaid at my wedding, seven years ago."

"I suspected as much," I replied, returning a polite smile.

"I met Ulysses when I was working at the hospital. I was on night shift in the ER, and he walked in with knife wounds on his arm. When I asked him about his injuries, he said, 'Professional hazard, ' but wouldn't elaborate. Later, I learned he was injured during an attack. That was ten years ago, when he was setting up his own club, while trying to keep some unsavory characters away from his business. When I first saw him, I was attracted to him. Perhaps, it was the sense of danger he had about him, but I could see there was a compassionate side as well, and he wasn't just a hoodlum. I didn't want to get involved with him, after learning more about his business, especially when I knew he was having problems. Two years later, he showed up, and asked me out to dinner. Despite my reservations, I accepted his invitation. In a couple of months it became obvious he was interested in me, but was also taking his time to show that he had his life and business in order. Suffice it to say that he managed to convince me, and a year later to the date, he proposed, and I accepted," she said.

"I'm guessing, Dana was surprised with your decision, but if she had any misgivings at the time, she doesn't have them anymore," I commented.

"And, you would be right," she replied with an amused expression. "Until the kids were born, I continued to work, but now, I'm a fulltime stay-at-home mother, and prefer it that way."

After she finished what she wanted to say, she waited, expectantly. I told her a bit about myself, and my work, and a sanitized version of how I met and got involved with Dana. From her expression, I could see she was disappointed with the vagueness of my explanations concerning Dana. However, I couldn't get into more details even if I wanted to, and if she wanted to know more, I knew she could always ask Dana.

"I don't want to offend you, but there's really not much to tell about myself, and I'm sure Dana and you could catch up on other things," I offered.

"I disagree, Mitchell," she replied, and before I could say anything, she continued. "You know, I love my husband very much. He's a good man. I've never been involved in his business, but I see and learn things. I don't get involved in his business. This is the first time I'm doing something like this."

"Doing what?" I asked, puzzled by her comments.

"You are a very dangerous young man," she said, pointedly.

Caught unprepared for her remark, I was going to respond, but I managed to catch myself. Instead, I reached for my cup and took a sip, waiting to see where she was going with her remark.

"Yes, I was right. You are a dangerous man," she repeated, slowly, deliberately. She arched an eyebrow, challenging me to respond, questioning my silence.

Putting my cup on the table, I said, "I think you've made up your mind about me, rightly or wrongly, so whatever I would say won't make a difference."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.