Tales from an Unknown Corner - Cover

Tales from an Unknown Corner

Copyright© 2003 by Dai_wakizashi

Chapter 47: An Angel Sings, the Devil Awaits

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 47: An Angel Sings, the Devil Awaits - Some men, men like you and I, take the same road home every night. Some men take the road less traveled. Some men take a wrong turn, and spend years lost in the cold, dark woods. Some men, if they're lucky, someday find their way home. A very lucky few may even meet angels on the way. This story starts very slowly in those woods. It's intimate and contemplative, with plot, characters and sex that will appeal to introspective readers and reward their patience. Be Patient! hint: ch-6, an angel?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Sex Toys   Slow  

Warning: This chapter ends with a cliff-hanger, so you might want to wait for ch-48 which will be posted next week. There's also a chat scheduled for the weekend. (Details are in the blog or in Author's Notes.)


Ulysses greeted Dana with a smile. "Hello, Dana. What a pleasure to see you."

Dana made the introductions, and when it was my turn, he said, "I'm terribly sorry for the incident. I hope it didn't spoil your night," extending his hand. When we shook hands, it felt like I was holding a dead fish, his grip almost non-existent; I tried to keep my distaste from showing on my face, when I felt him perform the same check-more subtly than Pete had. Then a light bulb went off in my mind, and I knew it had been a ploy, considering what Pete must have told him about me. I tightened my grip a bit more, and he returned it firmly, his lips curling slightly in an apologetic smile, acknowledging what he had done.

"No harm was done. I understand he's new at the job," I said.

"Yes, he is, but if he keeps that attitude he might be looking for a job somewhere else," he said with a grin. "Especially when he offends friends of mine, and their friends."

"Ah, well. He's a bit young, and you have guys like Pete, who might show him the ropes."

"I'm glad you're being so understanding. It's difficult to find qualified personnel these days, but... that's enough about my work problems," he said. With a polite smile, he changed the subject. "These young ladies definitely need more attention than Jones."

"Well, Ulysses, how have you been?" asked Dana.

"Same old, same old. You know how it is. How are you doing?"

"Same old, same old. Flying here and there," she replied in the same fashion with a wry grin.

From the easy way they talked, I surmised they must have had an interesting history.

Then we heard some raised voices, and turned to see what was happening. Pete, Jones, and another bouncer were steering the troublesome group away. The asshole turned towards our table, shaking his fist, but Pete had him in a good grip, and turning him around, walked him toward the door, with the rest of the bouncers escorting the others.

Turning to us Ulysses asked, "Were they the trouble makers?"

Dana answered, "Yeah. At least one of them tried to get physical with me and then with Mitchell."

"I'm sorry. My guys should have been more careful," Ulysses said.

"Well, no harm was done, Ulysses. They can't be everywhere. We understand," I said.

"Thank you." Turning his attention to Sarah, he asked, "Another angel in the sky?"

Laughing, Dana said, "This angel is the healing type."

"Really? Are you a doctor?" he asked to Sarah.

"Yes, but I'm still studying," Sarah answered.

"You might be able to help me, then," he said cryptically.

When Sarah raised an eyebrow, he said, "You see, I have a serious heart problem. This beautiful creature," he pointed to Dana, "keeps breaking my heart."

"I'm sorry, Ulysses. I'm an orthopedist," replied Sarah with an apologetic smile.

"My luck, as usual," he said, raising his hands in resignation, "but I think I might have some broken or cracked bones."

"I told you he's a terrible flirt," Dana quipped.

"You see. Another chip off my weak heart," Ulysses said to Sarah, getting a giggle in return.

"I think when you stop banging your head against the wall, you won't have a heart problem," Dana retorted.

"The idea is appealing. Now that I know a beautiful orthopedist."

He was incorrigible. Sarah was also taken by his charming flirtation, and suddenly I had a flash of a great idea. I wasn't sure how Sarah would react, but it was worth a try.

I leaned in, and with a conspiratorial tone suggested to him, "She's not only a healing angel, but she sings like an angel as well. If you have an acoustic guitar around here, and ask her, maybe we'll all get to listen to her."

"No, Mitch. Please," Sarah objected, coloring up.

Dana was surprised by the revelation, and she asked, "Do you sing?"

Hitting me on the arm, she turned to Dana and said, "A bit. Among friends."

"Oh, come on now, Sarah. You were even going to quit school to turn professional."

"You rat! I'm not professional. I just sing among friends," she said, with a fluster on her face, suddenly getting very shy about her singing.

"Honey, you're among friends, and I'd love to hear you sing," Dana said, then directed a questioning look to Ulysses.

"I'm more than intrigued, Miss Morgan. If your voice is as beautiful as you, I wouldn't want to miss it. It's not really crowded, tonight, and I doubt anybody would mind live music. You can think of this as your first live tryout in public... if you have aspirations to turn professional. Are you sure you don't want to give it a try?" Ulysses gently prompted Sarah.

"Come on, Sarah. Please? You know you're good, and Dana and Ulysses never heard you play and sing. As he said, here's a great opportunity," I pleaded.

"It's not that simple. I'm not sure what kind of music they play here, and what I play and sing may not go well with the crowd," she tried, but I could see she wasn't as reluctant as she sounded, perhaps a bit self-conscious finding herself put under a spotlight so suddenly.

"I think that would be easy to figure out. Our DJ knows what bands play what kind of music, and you can discuss a suitable selection with him," Ulysses said, trying to encourage her.

"One of these days, Mitch, you're really going to learn about paybacks," she retorted, with a resigned tone.

"We'll teach him, honey," Dana added, "but first, I'd really love to hear you."

Now that she agreed, Ulysses stood up, and went to Sarah. Taking her hand, he kissed it, and said, "Please allow me the pleasure of escorting you," receiving an amused giggle from her. Helping her off the stool, he guided her to the DJ to introduce her and make the necessary arrangements.

Dana and I cried, "Break a leg," after her, and she flashed a quick grin over her shoulder.

We watched Ulysses make the introductions. The DJ's face lit up when he recognized her from the dance show, and he turned to Ulysses talking in an excited manner, probably telling him about the dance, if Sarah's shy and embarrassed reaction was an indication. After Ulysses kissed her hand, he moved to the side. We saw the hurried scurrying of one of the bouncers bringing an acoustic guitar, and a stool, while the DJ hooked up two mikes. Then, he and Sarah got into an animated discussion, probably going over a selection of songs.

Dana asked, "Is she good?"

"Oh, yes. You'll be surprised how good she is. Kathy and she started around the same time as part of their music class in the ninth grade, and Sarah was really gifted. She took private lessons for a year or two, and has kept practicing since then. Last Saturday she did a recital at her place, and even without the mikes and other gimmicks she was great. I wasn't joking when I said she almost quit college. She is that good."

"What happened?"

"According to Sarah, Kathy reminded her she should graduate before considering a career in music. It took her some time, but she finally managed to convince Sarah. In her own words, she owes Kathy big time. She realized things might not have worked out, because she was so young, and she remembered she wanted to be a doctor. She knows she could try turning professional anytime after finishing med school."

"Is that why you insisted?" she asked. "So that she could get a taste of it?"

"Nope, it was payback," I replied a bit flippantly and Dana slapped my arm, indicating she didn't believe a word of it. "Yeah. Kind of. Everybody has dreams. I just thought it might be a night she would remember fondly, if nothing else. And after school, it might be easier for her to make up her mind, with the experience she would have here, and not worry too much about whether she should have or not," I said.

She leaned and kissed my neck, whispering, "She's lucky to have you."

"She's lucky to have you, and Kathy, too. I'm lucky to have both of you. I wouldn't have thought of doing something like that in a million years."

Giving me another kiss on my neck, she said, "I think you would have."

To shut her up, I locked my lips to hers. "You talk too much."

The music faded away, and we saw Sarah perched on a stool with a mike in front of her, and another one below it for the guitar. The DJ had one soft spotlight illuminating her, and cutting the music out, he quickly announced Sarah, and let her take over. Understandably, Sarah was a bit nervous, as she had never sung in a club like this, but only in school functions and at her friends' parties. She ran her fingers on the strings experimentally, and did a few quick adjustments. With a hesitant voice, she introduced herself, getting a feel for the mike, and then composing herself started playing and singing.

As I expected, once she started she settled right down, forgetting her nervousness. After the first half a minute or so, it got very quiet, the audience captured by her crystal clear voice. The DJ was smiling, keeping to the rhythm by nodding his head like a drum player. Dana clutched my hand and squeezed it hard, then with a smile she said, "She's really great."

"You had doubts... even after what I told you?" I responded with an incredulous tone.

"Well... I... Of course, I be-"

"But she was someone I knew for a long time... a good friend?" I interjected. When she nodded instead of a reply, I realized I carried my joke too far. "I'm sorry, Dana. It was a joke. I didn't mean it-"

"You WHAT?"

"Sorry!"

"Oh, you! And I was worrying-"

I shushed her with a finger on her lips. "Come on, you're missing a good song." She gave me an annoyed look, but settled down, and turned her attention to the stage.

When the first song was over, the audience was quiet, then slowly the clapping started and picked up fast, with a few whistles here and there from several tables. As the clapping died away, there were shouts for more, and with a shy smile, she thanked them and moved into another song, then another, and another. She was on a roll, but while she was singing her fifth song, her voice cracked, and when it happened again, she stopped.

"I'm sorry. I'm a bit nervous, and a bit dry," she said, then turning to the DJ she asked for a glass of water.

As one of the waitresses was bringing her a drink, somebody from the crowd shouted, "Come on, honey, hurry up. We don't want to miss that great voice." This was followed by whistles, clapping and some laughter from the audience. The waitress was a good sport though, and she wasn't offended. Sarah thanked her profusely and apologized to her for the ribbing she got from the audience.

After Sarah took a couple of sips, she was ready again, but instead of leaving, the waitress stood a few steps to her side and behind. "I'm not going to let you go dry, Miss. It's a better job and safer than walking by the tables," we all heard her say, her comment caught by the mike. That elicited another round of laughter and clapping, to her embarrassment. However, Sarah added her own quip, to put her at ease. "You heard her guys. Be nice to my new friend, or else..."

Then she was back in the groove. After another seven or eight songs, she closed it by saying, "Thank you very much. You're a great audience. Now, I'd like the DJ to put on some music, so I can take a whirl on the dance floor." The applause was thunderous.

"Can I have the first dance?" somebody yelled from one of the tables.

"I think my boyfriend might take exception to that," Sarah replied with an amused tone, getting a few laughs and boos, while somebody else yelled "Lucky guy!"

Dana was chuckling at the responses, while she continued to squeeze my hand. Ulysses escorted her back to our table, through the gauntlet of well-wishers and congratulations from the various tables. When she arrived she was short of air with excitement, but aglow.

"You were great, really great, honey," Dana said, kissing and hugging her, with Ulysses agreeing with her.

"I knew you could do it," I said, and she leaned to collect a kiss from me too.

She tried to thank Ulysses, but she had trouble speaking, so we helped her get seated, and Ulysses signaled one of the waitresses. A few minutes later, we were drinking champagne in fluted glasses, celebrating Sarah, and the nearby tables joined in by raising their glasses.

When she managed to settle down, she exclaimed, "I still can't believe I did it."

"You were great, Sarah. Mitchell was right. You're not only a healing angel, but an angel with a voice," Ulysses said, getting nods from all of us. "The crowd loved you. You saw it. If you ever decide to start someplace, please give us a call first."

"Thank you, Ulysses. I'll think about it, but being a doctor still comes first."

"And she doesn't even live here. We're just visiting for the weekend," I added.

"What a pity. I was hoping she might give it a try as a part-time thing. If you get a job in one of the hospitals here, please visit us."

"Thank you. You're sweet," Sarah said.

"Oh, no. He's thinking of the business, and the competition," Dana retorted.

"I don't know why I put up with you, Dana. You keep breaking my heart."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," Dana retorted.

It must have been a private joke, because Ulysses was laughing hard. "At least dance with me," he said.

"What? And let you step on my feet?"

"You're being cruel to him," Sarah quipped.

"You tell her angel. Maybe now she will dance with me."

Standing up, Sarah said, "Come on let's dance," urging all of us, knowing we couldn't say no.

Ulysses led Dana, with Sarah and me following behind them. From the way he walked he was light on his feet, and I doubted he would step on Dana's feet while dancing. We spent quite a bit of time on the dance floor, with Sarah still feeling giddy from her performance.

"God, that was great, but it made me horny. I could rape you on this floor."

"Really? How come?"

"It was exciting, almost like sex, but different."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. It's difficult to explain. I had a blast; it was a real rush."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sarah. I hope you don't... rush into it."

"Oh, no. This was great, and I would think seriously about taking it up as a part-time thing, but I want to finish school first. I am a doctor. This rush is fleeting. I know it will stay with me tonight, perhaps tomorrow, but it will fade away. But being a doctor is different. It's not fleeting."

To tell the truth I wasn't expecting that response from her. I was stunned. I had been a bit anxious that she might be encouraged to pursue a music career after tonight's experience, putting aside all her hard work. I pulled her against me, and held her in a tight embrace. Her arms flew around my neck and she held me tight. Raising her face she looked up, and I kissed her.

"You were scared I would drop everything, weren't you?" she asked after the kiss.

"It did cross my mind."

"I can't do that to myself, or to Kathy. She helped and gave so much. I know what I want. And if I forget it, I'm sure she won't hesitate to remind me."

"Sarah, what you want is more important than what somebody else wants for you."

"I know that, Mitch. But it's good to know that there are people who know me better than I do. Sometimes, I feel lost."

"Yeah. We all feel lost sometimes. But deep inside we all know, I think. And you know it, too. Just listen to your instincts."

"Like you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Dana doesn't know anything about your training, does she?"

"No, she doesn't."

"Why do you hide it?"

"I don't hide it, but it's not something I advertise."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe because people think it's only about breaking bones, and fighting, rather than attaining peace, calm and enlightenment."

"So you think Dana might take it the wrong way?"

"To tell the truth I don't know how she would take it. How do you take it?"

"You were never a violent person, and you've always been serious about it. I've also seen you practice, and it was beautiful. I believe you find calm and peace in your studies."

"Yes, I do. Thank you."

"For what?"

"Well, not everybody sees it the way you do."

"I know you, Mitch. I've known you for a long time. Don't underestimate Dana. I think she would understand it as well."

"Maybe."

She kissed me softly, tracing her fingertips along my jaw, trying to comfort me, and I held her tight, looking into her eyes, after the kiss. We didn't realize we stopped dancing. Dana and Ulysses asked if something was wrong when they moved next to us, seeing us in a serious conversation and we smiled sheepishly, before resuming dancing. A song later, we changed partners, Ulysses dancing with Sarah, and I with Dana. There were a few more couples on the dance floor, but they had politely kept their distance when I had been dancing with Sarah, assuming I was her boyfriend. When she danced with Ulysses, they congratulated her again and I heard a few of them asking for a few more songs. When the song was over we headed to our table, but got stopped several times by people from various tables, well-wishers also requesting a few more songs.

"Tonight's your night, Sarah. Go for it," Dana encouraged her. "They want you."

Ulysses was also urging her gently, and when Sarah looked like she might consider it, more people joined in requesting another recital. Thanking them she acquiesced to the general demand. Pulling Dana and me aside, she said, "I'll do it, but I want to know what I could sing for you two?"

I directed a questioning look to Dana, but she said, "You choose, Mitch."

I was already busy racking my brain to find a suitable song, but I seem to have forgotten all my favorite song titles, until...

"Do you know Dance me to the End of Love by Leonard Cohen?" I asked; an old song I used to listen to... romantic, with great lyrics. I wasn't sure if the audience would like it, but it was definitely something different. I always thought it was better than his well-known Suzanne.

Sarah looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes, and said, "Yeah. A very good choice. Now, here's the catch though... You two are going to dance to it. Deal?"

"Oh, come on, Sarah. This is your night," I tried.

"Oh, no. This is our night, and I want to see you two dance to that song. You put me up on the stage, now you're going to pay for it," she retorted. "If you don't, I'll tell the audience why I won't sing," she said, drawing laughs from Dana and Ulysses.

"She drives a hard bargain, Mitchell," Ulysses said in between laughs.

Looking at me, Dana said, "We'll do it honey," and I nodded bowing to the inevitable.

Kissing us both, she went back to the DJ, and we moved to the side of the dance floor. Several other people from back tables moved closer as well, standing next to the dance floor to watch her performance.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.