Tales from an Unknown Corner - Cover

Tales from an Unknown Corner

Copyright© 2003 by Dai_wakizashi

Foreword

Romantic Sex Story: Foreword - Some men, men like you and I, take the same road home every night. Some men take the road less traveled. Some men take a wrong turn, and spend years lost in the cold, dark woods. Some men, if they're lucky, someday find their way home. A very lucky few may even meet angels on the way. This story starts very slowly in those woods. It's intimate and contemplative, with plot, characters and sex that will appeal to introspective readers and reward their patience. Be Patient! hint: ch-6, an angel?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Sex Toys   Slow  

Before I delve into some explanations, I want to make one thing very clear, so that readers with certain expectations are not disappointed!

This is NOT a stroke story!

It contains some very explicit and--I'm told--hot scenes; but they are there for the purposes of a plot. Some of those are very short, some are very long, and their frequency varies a lot; nevertheless, they are there, as the story codes indicate! If you're looking for a story with people hopping from bed to bed, and getting it on with each other at every turn of the page, I suggest that you look elsewhere (there's an abundance of such). You might not get very much enjoyment from reading this story.

Having said that, I have to note, I would like to be read by a wider audience--as any other author would. However, I also know that the individual tastes vary a lot, and I don't want to waste the time of people with something they might not be interested in.

To illustrate my point... I would like to invite the readers--who might still be skeptical or think I'm being arrogant or presumptuous--to read the first two chapters, and compare them to the contents of, say, Chapter-6 or 7 (which contain stroke material), as an example.

Please, do understand that I'm not issuing a challenge, but trying as best as I can, to make my point. Of course, the apparent difference between those chapters might also serve to give you a feel for this story, and allow you to make up your mind--a chance for a somewhat informed choice!

Very early on, I've made certain decisions about how I want to write and tell this story, and I am not willing to compromise either on the style or on the plot line. What's more, I wrote it (and am writing it) for myself in the first place. And, I am just inviting you to a journey, in the hopes that some of you might enjoy this particular trip. If you did not or do not enjoy the trip, I'd like to thank you for at least taking the time to give it a try and partake in it for a short time. And, I extend my best wishes to you in your search for something that is more to your liking.

Having given this little heads up, and the warning out of the way, now, I can get back to what I wanted to say...

I've said, "This is not a stroke story." Then, what is it?

This is a romance story with a plot, a mixture of complex characters, drama, romance, and a bit of action. It uses--what I believe--a somewhat unique style of narration; a very intimate, first person POV, that allows the reader a very direct view of the protagonist's inner world. I think some readers might even be inclined to call it an almost "in-your-face" kind of style, but I'm hoping that, once you've finished a few chapters, you might appreciate certain aspects of the narration.

There are great variations in the tempo, and I would like to urge the reader to take his/her time, because there are small hints, and details that tie together to form a complex structure, filling in the pieces of a puzzle picture, and, some of those hints are very subtle, almost innocuous, and easy to miss.

Side Note: Some readers asked about the location where this story is taking place. I'm not going to tell where it is. I have my reasons and if you're interested in, you can follow the discussion in the forum at EWP - http://www.ewpub.org/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=76

I'm not sure whether it would put off some of the readers, but my aim is to involve the reader in a journey, and get him/her invested in the story, and the characters. Thus, it requires a bit of work from the readers--No! Not like homework.

I meant it in the sense that if you missed the pointers, you might not be able to connect the dots, consequently miss some parts of the picture I'm trying to paint, which might lessen your enjoyment. I'm hoping that, with this little warning, you might be inclined to look a bit below what's on the surface, and try to see the underlying currents--and if you're the kind of reader that enjoys little mysteries, solving puzzles, you might find some added spice, flavor in this particular story.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.