Dragon Clan - Cover

Dragon Clan

Copyright© 2003 by Heathen57

Chapter 10

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 10 - The adventures of a halfelven as he tries to survive in a land where all of the kindred are to be killed. First chapter of a longer story.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Violence  

Aldren had Mirgan sit next to him at the table. As soon as the others had taken their places, he got their attention.

"Friends, we were trying to decide what to do about the siege against the dwarf kingdom. One of my younger captains brought to my attention a plan of action that I find might suit our purpose. Mirgan, will you give us your thoughts." He then motioned for Mirgan to stand and speak.

Mirgan started to speak. While he had been present for the entire conference, he had spent his time being in awe of the leaders. When these men had gathered, each representing his race, the import of these talks had sunken in. They were about to impart on an action that would probably divide the kingdom and cost the lives of many men. His voice was shaky at first but gained strength as his confidence grew. "My lords, when I was growing up in the village of Archer's Point, I was vastly outnumbered by the other children. Together as a larger force, they could easily beat me. I learned that if I could work against them piecemeal - keep them separated as it were - I stood a much better chance at surviving. When the forces were even, I could hold my own.

My idea was this; instead of attacking them with just the numbers we have, we lay seige to their own seige. We would cut off their supplies, and attack their patrols, taking out a few of their men at a time then slipping away. Without supplies, they will soon become demoralized. They will become fearful of everything around them."

Valelael spoke up. "How do you know that they will start to become fearful? Wouldn't they just start tracking our men and cut them down?"

"My Lord Valelael, that is where the priests of the new religion will work in our favor. I have heard their sermons. They fill their followers of tales of demons that are waiting for them if they do not follow the priest's commands. They are fearful of the elves as being the greatest evil of the lands. They will be afraid of coming after us in the dark even if their commanders tell them to do so."

"But that is not the way our race fights. We have always done battle out in the open waiting for daylight. It does not seem right." This came from one of Aldren's other captains, Morlock.

Aldren took up for Mirgan at this point. "We are vastly outnumbered as it now stands. The company that set out from the tower was just for a council, not for battle. I believe that Mirgan's plan might work to keep them busy and reduce their numbers until we can bring our strength from the Tower."

Morlock once again objected. "It still doesn't seem right. It seems unmanly to sneak around and attack when they don't expect it."

"You would rather have our forces cut down to a man? If we had the numbers to at least assure a good battle, we might do as you suggest. But until then, I cannot send my troops to a certain death just because we have done it that way for years."

Morlock sat back down and digested what Aldren had told him. As an old soldier, he could not forsake tradition. However, this idea would save lives and that was the objective. He would have to think about this one for a while.

Murdaek then spoke up. "We can survive for a long time, longer in fact than the king's troops. We have access to and from the keep so we will not be of want for anything. However, it would be an advantage to have fewer troops sitting in front of our doors. And those that remain would be more demoralized. Then, when reinforcements from the other strongholds arrive, we will let them into the first hall and the enemy will not stand a chance. If any survive, they will carry back the tale that attacking anyone in the free lands is bad business." Then he gave out an evil chuckle. "Yes, this could be of great advantage."

Aldren had one final thought before they adjourned council. "We need to send people to the other settlements of our kin to let them know of the situation and see if they are willing to join us. We have done this and already have a positive response from almost all that we have contacted. But we need to be united across the land."

Murdaek decided to send two of his dwarves out directly. He did ask for and received provisions from the elves so they did not have to return to the keep. They planned to leave at nightfall and be well away before the dawn. Valelael adjourned to do the same.

For his part, Aldren sent Morlock and one other of his party to make for the tower and call out the troops. Three others were sent into the country surrounding them to raise the alarm that the war was finally starting. When all had been dispatched, those remaining started to plan the harassment and demoralization of the king's troops.

Before they were to leave to start the siege, Aldren made one request of the Elvish council.

In the light of the full moon, the entire elf village gathered under the blanket of the night. Under a great tree in the center of the settlement, the elders stood in line with old Belwin in the center. She wore the silken robes of the high holy person in the village.

Facing the elders were two people. The elf was clad in the finery that would have befitted a woman of high honor in her clan. Upon her brow was an adornment of intricately woven silver shaped like leaves and flowers that represented the land.

Beside her stood a half-elven man. He was tall in the red and black tunic of the lost clan. Upon his head was no adornment since the crown of that clan was lost in time.

Belwin spoke to the couple as well as the crowd. Her voice was strong and even those at the outer edges of the crowd could hear her words.

"Hear me all who have gathered. Before the council of Elders stands two who wish to become bonded in the ancient customs of our race. Ameni, elf of the North Woods Clan and being the last of that clan has consented to be bonded in the flesh and spirit to Aldren of the lost Dragon Clan. Their claims of kinship have been accepted and it is the will of this Council of Elders that this bonding be completed."

She removed from an intricately carved metal case a strange stone. It was a little smaller than her palm and flat much like a wheel but thin on the edges. As she placed it in the center of Aldren's upturned hand, it began to glow. Ameni's hand was then placed over Aldren's, capturing the stone between their palms. A cord of red silk was wrapped in the prescribed fashion around their wrists and hands binding them together.

As Belwin started to recite the rest of the ceremony, both participants began to glow in a soft light. It continued to grow in intensity. By the time Belwin had finished the incantation, it had grown to such power and brilliance that those near had to shield their eyes. They were surrounded by an incandescence that engulfed them and then shot like an arrow into the heavens, piercing the night sky as if to find its way to the very moon. As it reached the stars, the base of the pillar of light moved out from the couple and expanded out across the settlement in a rapid movement. The crowd felt the rush of power like a wave of warm air pushing against them as it passed them.

From far away, but rapidly moving closer came a deep booming sound, much like if a dozen thunderstorms had moved on top of each other. Around the shaft of light the bodies of the dragons of Melagon were illuminated. Their wings shimmered in the brilliance as they danced in an aerial display that had not been seen in many an age.

Their voices combined to bring a fitting chorus for the couple, the female voices higher providing a haunting refrain to the male's brassy bass line. The effect was startling as well as frightening to those in attendance. Even the doubters could now see the evidence of the legends coming true and they started to believe that the times of change foretold so long ago were now at hand.

In a final bow to the kinship they were honoring, the dragons made a final pass at tree top level, their ranks splitting around the shaft of energy. As they wheeled skyward, the light started to dissipate until there was only a shimmering halo surrounding the couple.

When it had dissipated as well and the crowd had recovered from the event, they saw Aldren and Ameni were still standing there, hands clasped with the cord hanging loosely around both their wrists. The stone had disappeared from between their palms, leaving an impression that was there from then on. The scars were the shape of the stone with the edges fanning outward in rays like those of sunlight coming through the canopy of the forest.

The crowd was still silent as Belwin removed the cord. She then turned to the Council and asked, "Is there any doubt among you now?"

The rest of the Elders shook their heads. For all the bondings they had presided over, this was the first that had ended in such a display. It had been written about in ancient scrolls, but only among the very powerful in magic. And even then what was described was nowhere near what they had just witnessed.

The couple, after bowing to the Elders and the crowd that witnessed the ceremony, walked hand in hand toward the house where they had been staying. Their lives were now forever entwined even beyond the threshold of passing. Never would they be apart in spirit and their bonding was the bringing together two into one entity, bound body and soul.

Many leagues away, in the Tower of the Guard, Kal-Angarr noted that the stars in the night sky were blotted out by the wings of many dragons as they returned from the south.

He had felt a tremendous drawing of power from the elements just before the shaft of white energy had pierced the heavens startling those who lived in the tower bowl. Now with the dragon's return to their homeland, he could feel the magic dissipating as well.

The guards on duty were puzzled and not a little fearful, but the ancient one just gave a satisfied smile as he went down to assure the sentries that all was well. Tomorrow would be soon enough for explanations for the rest of the residents. For he knew now what was foretold, has come to pass. His Lord and Lady were now truly bonded, as it was meant to be.

A sevenday later, Aldren's small company moved out under the cover of darkness. Midway to their destinations, the group split. The main force, led by Aldren and Rangar, moved toward the siege force. Ameni led the other, smaller group, at her request. This group planned to move with as much stealth and speed to where they knew the king's troops were crossing the river with supplies and men. Even with all their speed, they took three days to find the exact spot.

The king's men were lax in their rear guard. Thanks to their arrogance, along with their belief in their own invulnerability, they had left no guard behind them. As far as they knew, any resistance would be in the northern part of the lands. They had the peasants around here terrified and were sure that no one would dare to rise up against them.

Of course, this worked in Aldren's favor. Ameni's troop had just made camp when the scouts returned to say that a supply train was heading across the river and would be within range in an hour or so. Plans were quickly laid and the troop moved out.

The leader of the supply train was in a foul mood. He had been ever since he had drawn this duty. He had no one to blame but himself. That dalliance with his Captain's sister had cost him dearly. Now he was stuck shuttling supplies to the troops that were involved in the siege against the dwarves. If those little devil's spawn had given up like they should have, he would be back in the warmer climes in the south. They had to know they could not win, and now the orders were to kill every being in the keep. The problem was they had not found a way into the keep as of yet. Every rush toward the doors had been met with a hail of arrows that had cost the troop many men. The catapults had done nothing more than scratch the outer surface. They could not get close enough to try the doors, even in the middle of the night.

Now, the court in the King's palace was getting impatient. If something did not happen soon, there would be severe reprimands handed out. At least he could take joy in the thought of the captain getting what he earned. He might even get the promotion that he deserved then.

Riding at the head of the column of carts, he was the first to spot what at first was a vision. Stand off the trail was a woman dressed in what looked like battle gear but it was a strange design. A single woman standing in a field of tall grass, this could be fun. He had used to enjoy the women for hire until that damned head priest had banned them and had any who disobeyed the edict, beheaded. Now was his chance to get rid of his frustration.

Ameni stood stock still in the field the wild grasses and plants were close to waist high on her, but it provided cover for the men who were crouched down, lying in wait. The front of the column was less than a half league away when she lifted her hand. "Halt! These lands are now closed to you and the men of the King. Turn around and your lives will be spared."

The leader stopped and stared at the woman. Who did this wench think she was? He had 15 soldiers with him and none would dare to cross him. He signaled for the men to dismount the carts and come to him. He would show this elven slut (for he had recognized her race when he was close enough) just what he thought of her edict about not passing through.

What he didn't recognize was the peril he and his men were in until it was too late. They found both archers and soldiers surrounded them with swords drawn and pointed in their direction.

Ameni then spoke again. "We will allow you to leave and go back to where you came from. Any troops crossing the river will be captured or killed. Tell your superiors that the lands north of the river are now free and under the protection of the alliance of the free races."

The leader knew he was trapped, but he also knew that it would also be death to admit that they were stopped by a bunch of rag-tag men. After all, everyone knew that there was no resistance that could withstand the power of the king's troops. Drawing his sword, he started to move toward Ameni. The Elf motioned to the archers to let him come. Before he could lift his sword, he lay dying on the ground, his sword arm removed at the elbow and his chest sliced open.

The rest of his men just stood in shock. For the most part, they were smart enough to know that they would stand less of a chance than their leader. They dropped their weapons and moved back as ordered. A small group escorted them to the river and allowed them to cross.

Ameni knew even though this first skirmish had went smoothly and with no injuries, that this was the opening gambit of what could become a long and bloody war. The council had discussed this and it had been decided that there was really no other way to continue the way they had in the past. She knew that she would see many of the men (and women) she had come to care for, die. But such was the price of freedom. More than that, it was for the survival of her own race and the other races that lived in this world.

Many leagues away, Aldren and a dozen archers were sitting outside the boundaries of the garrison's encampment. They had already begun their campaign of terror and saw it was having the predicted effect. The first couple of nights, when the men who were supposed to be on guard duty were missing at the change, it had been thought they had deserted. Then within the next few nights, when the more seasoned troopers were out and they too went missing, the commander started getting nervous. When one of them was found the next day pinned to a tree with his own sword, the guards were set in pairs. This had little effect on the killings, and it was getting harder to convince the men to pull that duty.

The captain sent a group out to find who was doing the killings, but they had found nothing. The men were now attributing the disappearances to demons that the dwarves had summoned to destroy them. The front lines had not been able to advance on the stronghold of the dwarves and now his forces were being whittled down from behind as well.

He had sent out a courier to the main stronghold of the king, but he was not sure if he had made it or not. Damn the God that the new priests claimed, this assignment was to have been fairly simple. Slaves were needed in the mines in the South. It should have been easy to capture and dominate these lesser creatures. Even with the legends of the dwarves being dangerous as enemies, his leaders had assured him that they were unfounded.

Things were going very badly, and now the supply carts were long overdue. That is if who or what that was decimating his troops had not captured their supplies as well. If things did not start turning in their direction, they would lose this campaign and with it, his head. Suddenly, there was the sound of a near panic in the camp. Coming out of his tent, he found a man who had been on guard duty standing inside a circle of soldiers.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.