Dragon Clan
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2003 by Heathen57

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 9 - The adventures of a halfelven as he tries to survive in a land where all of the kindred are to be killed. First chapter of a longer story.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Violence  

The next morning, Solrryn departed before the camp was stirring. He and Aldren exchanged some final thoughts and he was once again on his way south and west toward the Keep. The rest of the troop was preparing for the days march when Aldren sent for Mirgan.

Aldren offered the young man the chance to ride with him and Ameni. He wanted to get to the tower as soon as possible and was going to push as fast as he could. Mirgan was delighted, and then screwed up his courage to ask if Kiran could ride with them as well.

Aldren gave the young man a slight smile. "Any reason that we should speak of a bonding soon?"

Mirgan blushed a deep red. "I... I don't think so sir. I just thought that... well... she might enjoy the company."

Aldren put his hand on Mirgan's shoulder. "Of course she may ride with us. You know, you could do a lot worse than that girl. She is pretty, and smart. But she is very shy, so you may have your work cut out for you." Ameni came walking up then leading the horses. "But consider how living with someone with Elven blood can be."

That last remark got him a dirty look from Ameni, and another blush from Mirgan. He laughed and then sent Mirgan off to find Kiran and get ready to ride. Ameni looked over at Aldren. "What was that all about?"

"Seems our young Mirgan has found someone who has turned his head. I asked him to ride with us so we could talk a bit, and he asked if Kiran could come along as well."

"This is going to be a swift journey. If she does well, then she will be worthy of him."

The young couple rode up as Aldren was making final plans with Vabryn. He smiled at them and then mounted up and headed up the road, Ameni at his side and the young couple close behind.

After several leagues, they turned off the main road and took a smaller trail that would be a more direct route to the tower. They rode along with Aldren and Ameni in the lead, quietly discussing recent developments and what could be done about them. Mirgan and Kiran followed a couple lengths behind to give them some privacy. The effect gave the younger couple some privacy as well.

Mirgan finally got the courage to talk to Kiran about many things: their past lives, what they were looking for in the future, etc. They even commented on the pair ahead of them. By the end of the day's ride, they started to realize the attraction they each felt for the other was mutual.

That evening, the couples paired off. Aldren and Ameni elected to take the first and second watches allowing Mirgan to sleep. He and Kiran bedded down close enough to talk to each other while Ameni took her place on the other side of the camp. A few hours later, Aldren gently awakened her and took her place to sleep. When it came time for Mirgan's watch, Ameni went to let him know. She was surprised by what she saw.

They were both snuggled together, with Mirgan's hand firmly over Kiran's breast. Her hand was covering his and there was a smile on her sleeping face. As quietly as she could, she called to Mirgan. He opened his eyes, looking a bit confused. He realized just where his hand was and blushed. He started to apologize, but Ameni just chuckled and told him that it looked as though Kiran was enjoying where his hand was. When he stood, she could see the bulge in his leggings, but chose not say anything. He took his place and she lay back down next to Aldren, placing his hand as Mirgan's had been.

The party arrived at the tower just before sunset the next afternoon. The guards had seen them approaching and given the signal for the huge gates to be opened. By the time they had made it to the steps of the tower proper, there were people to take the horses and gear. Aldren led the way into the main chamber, stopping to tell the page that he wished to see the captains at their convenience. Then, he asked for supper to be brought in so he and his companions could eat while they talked.

The captains started to arrive while Aldren was still eating. He bade them to sit and started while continuing to finish his plate. "Men, while this campaign was successful, we found out some things have caused me to rethink our position. We have been content to just stay in the tower and watch over the areas close to us. I have seen what havoc that the king's garrisons, with the help of the priests of the new God, are doing to the free peoples. Furthermore, the size of the king's armies is growing. I fear that we may not be able to do much more than survive, while they destroy the free races at their leisure. I propose to call for a uniting of all the races. What I need from you are any thoughts on this matter."

Aledelm, one of the older and most respected of the captains spoke up first. "Lord, I can see the reasoning behind the idea. But can we get to all of these different races and their many clans and bands before the king's forces could wreak havoc upon us... and them as well?"

"A point worth considering. However, we must try. There are enough troops here to hold the garrisons of the king at bay. We will ride out in patrols that will protect the areas they are assigned. While you are out, you will have to recruit and teach those you are protecting to defend themselves. But first, we must send out riders to spread the word. Select only those that will understand the need to be thoughtful of who they are meeting. We are looking to make alliances, not more enemies."

Uskar, who had ridden in earlier from the town of Makael's Crossing further south asked to speak. Aldren nodded for him to continue. "The King's armies are still well trained and loyal to the crown way south. However, the further North you come, the more disorganized they seem to be. A young princeling by the name of Isray is trying to gain some power near the wastelands. He is not a real threat but he is drawing the court's attention. This could be an advantage for us since they have to deal with him as well."

Aldren crossed his arms in front of him as he leaned closer to Uskar. "What kind of man is this Isray?"

"A man who it is said escaped bondage and has gathered a good number of followers that are in disfavor with the court. From those that have talked to him, he is headstrong but fair. He has carved out the areas that border the wastelands and when the king's troops come to try and take him, he and his followers melt into the wasteland. They know the area, and like as not, the troops never return. They are becoming more cautious about going after him. If he was allowed to govern the area, he would make a formidable ally."

After a few more comments, Aldren called the meeting to a close. The captains left to choose who would be the emissaries for Aldren's council. Kal-angarr appeared while Aldren was finishing his wine, and they spoke of the rescue and plans for the near future.


Mirgan had departed for his own quarters as soon as they had arrived. This left Ameni and Kiran alone while Aldren held his council. They had taken a small table near the kitchen hearth as a place to have a quiet meal. Kiran was very quiet while they ate and Ameni respected her silence. After they finished, Kiran finally spoke.

"My Lady, I thank you for allowing me to ride ahead with you and Lord Aldren. I am not as comfortable with the girls my age as I am with more adult company."

"I can understand what you are saying though. When I was a child, my father taught me the arts of the sword and the bow. He had been one of the elders in our clan and the only one that understood the threat that was coming. He taught my brother and me how to protect others and ourselves. I was serious enough to his words that I had little time for the giggling. While the other young girls were trying to catch the eye of the elven lads, I was practicing with my bow, bringing in meat for the family."

"Is that how you met Lord Aldren? I'm sorry, I should not ask such things." Kiran turned her attention to the top of the table.

Ameni just grinned. "That is alright. Actually, our village was attacked and everyone was killed. I maimed three of them before they ganged up on me. They hauled me away, tied me up to a tree, and left me to die. I had a cut along my side and would have died except Aldren had decided to camp nearby that night. He found me and nursed me back to health. We have been together ever since."

Ameni then told her about some of the adventures they had experienced. She was very interested in Mirgan's part of the tale. Ameni took advantage of this to further any bond that was forming between those two. "Mirgan may be a bit young, but his valor and honor to his word has carried a lot of respect among those that know him. You know he is interested in you, don't you?"

Kiran blushed. "I had hoped that he was. But he has not come forward as of yet."

Ameni patted her arm. "He will, but it may take a while. He is not too wise with the opposite sex as of yet. Just give him some time and watch for the signals. Now we need to find you a bed. Tomorrow we can plan for your future, both here and with Mirgan."

They headed up the back stairs where Ameni put Kiran in a comfortable room down the hall from where her and Aldren's quarters were. Kiran crawled between the blankets, enjoying the softness of the grass-filled mattress. She was soon asleep, dreaming of the vastness of the tower, and wondering how she could be of help to the ones she owed her life to.

Kiran found herself once again in the kitchen the next morning. She had awakened, and after taking care of her morning needs, realized that she was hungry. She had stopped at the entrance, not quite sure if she should enter or not. A rather portly woman, her graying hair hanging in tendrils, spotted her standing there.

This woman waved her into the room. "Come in, child! I haven't seen you around here before. Did you ride in with the Lord and Lady? Come and sit down. You hungry? I bet you are. Kareena, bring this child a bowl of boiled cereal and honey. And some of the hot tea."

Kiran found herself in a whirlwind of activity. This woman could talk faster than a trader trying to cut a bargain. But, the friendliness in her smiling oval face and the concern in her tone made Kiran relax a bit. She eagerly accepted the bowl of grains and the cup of tea.

After she had eaten most of her breakfast, the woman came back and sat opposite her at the table. "We have been busy this morning. Lord Aldren is simple in his needs, and never complains, but we all wish to have anything he would need or want at the ready, that we push ourselves. Now that I have a few minutes, I thought you might like to talk a bit. I am Isabella by the way. And who are you?"

Kiran swallowed the mouthful of cereal and introduced herself. She answered the Isabella's questions and laughed at the tales of happenings around the tower. When Isabella recounted when Aldren had been proclaimed Lord of the Tower, she was enraptured. So much so, she did not notice the guard who appeared next to the table.

He cleared his throat and both women looked up. "Are you the one called Kiran?" She nodded at his gruff question. "The Lord of the Tower wishes to speak to you. Come with me."

Kiran stood and followed the man. She had to wonder at his attitude. Was Lord Aldren upset with her for some reason? Had she said something that was not proper? These thoughts were circling in her mind as she followed the large guard through the passages toward the main hallway that she had first entered last night.

The guard led her to a room off the main hall. She looked inside to see Lord Aldren sitting behind a large table that had many books and papers scattered about. A small fire in the grate cast off the morning's chill. Along the walls were shelves that held what looked like volumes of lore. Shoved in among the volumes were pieces of parchment. She stood at the doorway until Aldren looked up.

"Ahh, Kiran. Come in. Take a seat and I will be with you in just a moment." He then spoke to the guard. "Dunlane, ask the riders to meet me in the main hall before they leave. I want to give them some last-minute instructions and to wish them well and good speed."

Aldren then turned to Kiran and smiled. "Did you get a good nights rest?" When she nodded, he continued. "Have you given any thought to what you might want to do while you are here?"

"Anything you need of me, my Lord."

"That isn't the question, Kiran. What could you wish to do if you could do anything in your dreams?"

Aldren spoke so kindly to her that she decided to take a chance. "If I could, I would wish to learn to fight like your lady. I just admire her so much! She can take care of herself and yet she is very much a lady."

Aldren just looked at her for a few moments. She became afraid that once again she had said something untoward. He finally shook his head as if he was coming back from a thought, then focused on her again and smiled. "I believe that we might be able to take care of that. But in exchange, I would ask something of you."

Kiran was overjoyed, but held it in. Keeping her face neutral, she answered. "If it is within my abilities, my Lord."

"I seem to remember hearing that you understand many languages. Is this true?"

Yes, sir. I used to help my father in his trading business. He was one of the few that traded with all who had need. I found out that I could pick up their language easily. When I was old enough, I would travel with him to different settlements where I would translate for him. It made him popular with his customers and I would often get little gifts for my labor."

"Would you be willing to do the same for me? It would be very helpful to me and to all free peoples. I don't want problems due to something as trivial as a lack of understanding."

Kiran was stunned. Her uncle had dismissed her as little more than a nuisance. He kept telling her that she was not worth the food he had to feed her. He had slapped her for talking to one of the customers in their own language, saying that they had to speak only the common tongue if they were continue to trade. Now, this man, who she saw as her lord and protector, was asking her to use her talent. Even more, he treated her as an equal and wanted her input!

"It would be an honor to do what you ask." She then switched to Elvish. "I am proud to be of service to the Lord of the Tower."

Ameni stepped into the room as she was speaking. "It is refreshing to hear the language of the Kindred spoken. Hail Kiran, one who speaks the words of the kindred." Ameni bowed with her hands crossed at her chest.

Kiran repeated the bow, watching the elf carefully. Aldren spoke up turning to his mate. "Kiran wishes to learn to defend herself. She is very impressed with your knife and bow."

Ameni smiled and told the young woman that she would enjoy teaching her. "If you are done my mate, I should take her to the armory to see if there is something that would suit this warrior."

Aldren gave his leave to them and headed for the hall to speak to the riders. Ameni took the awe-struck Kiran with her to the armory and then to the practice grounds to start her on her education.

The riders had been gone two days before the troop accompanying the rescued women arrived at the Tower. Housing was found for them all and they were soon to work helping wherever their skills were best suited. Dulca went to the healer's building and was soon trading cures with those that ran the hall.

A few of the others had spotted Kiran being taught swordplay and asked to learn as well. One of the captains, who had learned respect from Ameni, volunteered to teach the basics to those interested. The armory made a lightweight longknife that seemed to be ideal for the women to use. They were all diligent in their practice and were soon competing with the men.

Those, with the talent and the inclination, set themselves up as ladies of pleasure, providing a service that was welcomed by the men. They took care of a need and those that availed themselves of the ladies' services were careful to treat them with respect.

With their ranks swelling, Aldren started to look toward the canyon that they named Dragon's Hold in honor of the meeting with Balroth. Plans were made to fortify the narrow part of the canyon with the idea of populating it as a second base of operations.

Recruits were coming in almost every day. Some had badly needed skills and were put to work immediately, while the others were put into training somewhere that would help in the running and expansion of what was now being considered the Northern Kingdom.

Aldren knew it was reaching the point when he had to start accepting the responsibility that had been thrust upon him. Gone were the days that he could freely come and go as he pleased. Now, there were hundreds if not thousands who depended on him for protection, and in reality for their very lives. Aldren sighed as he stood from his chair. He left the main hall where he had been brooding and started up the long flight of stairs to the top of the tower. The chamber of the ancients was where his history had been first revealed and where he realized his life was no longer his alone.

He settled his body near the glowing coals once again. He had not had the nerve to return to this place since the first time, but he was hoping the answers would reveal themselves here. The breezes started moving through the many openings that surrounded him. And with the breezes came the words of the ancients once again.

Ameni was waiting for Aldren in their chambers. She had been looking for him earlier in the evening when Kal-angarr told her he had seen her mate heading for the chamber. She had known that Aldren had been wrestling with something. He had tried to shield her from it, but she knew from his demeanor. He had seemed to be much more distant since the raid that rescued the women that now were integrating into life in the Tower.

Aldren removed his tunic and leggings then sat on the bed. Ameni moved over and sat behind him. She reached up and started to knead the tense muscles in his neck and shoulders. Aldren let his head fall forward and gave a low groan as her strong fingers worked on the knotted muscles.

"I know you are feeling the weight of responsibility my love." She whispered in his ear, "and I am willing to help you with the burden if you will allow me to."

He reached up and grasped her hand in his, squeezing gently. "My Love, it is that I feel responsible for all of these people. Not only in the tower, but those in the surrounding villages as well. The king's troops are starting to venture north and I cannot be everywhere to protect them all... I feel it is my responsibility to keep them from harm since I am the one who the king and the priests are after. And I am failing that responsibility."

Ameni was thoughtful for a moment. "I know that you feel that it is your fault the troops are coming out more, and to some degree you are correct. But eventually the people would have been overcome anyway. By doing all you can to teach them to defend themselves, you are giving them a better chance to survive. It is their choice to resist and they must be prepared to take the consequences of their actions. They are willing to follow you because you are fair in your judgments and respectful in your dealings."

She went back to massaging his shoulders. "It is their choice, freely made and you cannot control that."

Ameni then put her arms under his and hugged him from behind, her hands across his chest and her breasts pushing against his back. He could feel her nipples pressing into him and the way her hands were wandering left him with no doubt that she was becoming excited. He reached behind him and pulled her around so that she was half lying on his thighs. He stared at her beauty for a moment and then bent down until his lips met hers.

Ameni could feel his manhood becoming hard under her back. She returned his kisses with force, opening her mouth to receive his tongue and using hers to start the ancient duel. His hands moved to her breasts, covering them at first, and then bringing his fingers up until he held just her hard nipples. She was starting to moan her pleasure into his mouth.

She changed positions, struggling to keep their kiss until she sat astride him. Her wetness was coating his member as she thrust her pelvis against him. When she finally felt he was hard and ready, she rose up and maneuvered him into position. Then slowly, she settled herself down with his cock deep within her. She felt him throbbing deep inside and responded by clenching the muscles of her opening.

Aldren then broke the kiss only to move his head lower and suckle on her breasts. This caused her to moan louder as her thrusts downward became more violent. As she started the climb to her climax, Aldren grabbed her ass with both hands for leverage and began thrusting up into her as he pulled her down.

As she tripped over the precipice, her movements became chaotic and she let out a low wail. Aldren quickly followed grunting as his cock pumped his seed deep into her. He collapsed back onto the bed with Ameni following him down, his cock still buried deep within her.

"The ancients did well bringing us together." Aldren whispered as he stroked her hair. She raised her head and smiled down at him. He could see in her eyes complete love and devotion. He also knew that the same feelings were being reflected back to her.

Ameni reached over and pulled a cloth off the top of a trunk to place between her legs. She was sure that if she had tried to stand, her legs would not have supported her. She did find the strength to turn and move under the sleeping furs. She was asleep almost before her head had settled against the rolled blanket.

Aldren got up long enough to douse the candle flames. He then crawled in beside his mate as he studied her features in the light from the fire. In the midst of all the change and turmoil that was happening, this woman was the one thing that remained steady. Without her input, he would have made some very bad decisions. Well, she was right in the idea that he could not be responsible for the protection of everyone within the northern lands, but he vowed to protect his mate above all else. With these thoughts running through his mind, he joined her in dreamless slumber.

The riders that Aldren had sent out started returning. Most of the villages of men were more than willing to join in the defense of their lands against the tyranny from the south. Those that were not sure would be left alone if they did not raise a hand against their neighbors. The priests that were around soon disappeared, either dead or fleeing back to the south.

Aldren decided that it would be best to visit the other races himself. The riders reported while they had been received well enough, communication had been difficult. The other races were still leery of just who they represented.

Out on the training grounds with Ameni, Aldren watched the progress of his troops. The new recruits were training up quickly. Since they were here of their own free will and had the desire to defend their own, they put everything they had into it.

One bright spot was the progress of the women. After Kiran had requested and started receiving training in arms, others felt that they too should learn to defend themselves. This caused some discord among the men, many of whom were taught that women should be meek and helpless. A few openly laughed at their first attempts, but as they progressed, respect was grudgingly given. The swords and bows were lighter in weight and they were being taught to use the weight and bulk of their opponent against them. The elvish way of fighting, hanbra, came to them easily.

Aldren called Kiran over to them. She was red-faced with exertion and panting slightly as she jogged up to them. "Hail, my Lord and Lady." She greeted them in Elvish, bowing low with her arms crossed.

"Hail to thee, Elf friend and warrior maid," was the reply from Ameni.

Aldren then addressed her. "We have need of your abilities, Kiran. Would you be willing to ride with us to visit the other free races and translate for us?"

Kiran's smile threatened to consume her entire face. The Lord of the Tower truly wanted her to ride with him and use her unique talent to help him! "Of course, my Lord. I would be honored to help in any way I can. Is Mirgan coming too?" She then put her hands over her mouth, embarrassed at that last outburst.

Aldren laughed out loud. "I am sure it can be arranged, if he is willing. I was thinking of taking him anyway. Now, I am sure he must come along, since you requested it."

Kiran was blushing from the top of her head to past where her tunic covered her. She bowed her head and left to get her things together.

While Kiran was making up her traveling pack, she thought of Mirgan. The young man was shy around women, especially her. This had caused her own innate shyness to fade and she began to try and make sure she was around so he could notice her. All the planning had finally paid off when he had finally kissed her as they had walked through the side gardens of the tower. It had not been a long kiss, but it had made her tingle down to her toes. And then, he had taken her hand in his! She had felt like she was walking on the clouds. Now every time she was near him, her heart would beat like it would come out of her chest.

She stirred herself from the memories but was still smiling as she packed her gear. She knew this was an important job and she would have to be alert and ready. They would be riding into wild country that could be full of dangers, not only from the wild animals but also from the men who lived there. Finished with her bedroll and other items she needed, she checked and oiled her leather jerkin and honed her sword. Then, she went out into the dusk to eat and talk to Mirgan before getting some sleep. They would be riding with first light.

The troop had been on the trail for almost two sevendays when they approached the settlement of Elves where Aldren and Ameni had spent several months.

As the troop approached the border, they were met by four elves on horseback. Ameni recognized Marden as the foremost rider. "Hail Marden, warrior and friend."

"And hail to thee, Ameni of the Kin. It is good to see you looking well, Aldren half-elven. You and those with you are expected. We are to be your guides to the settlement."

The troop turned off the main road and started down a trail that was clear only to their guides. Aldren took note of the elves that were perched in trees along the way, well hidden in the tangles of limbs and foliage.

When Aldren inquired about the hidden elves, Marden explained that they had been having trouble with bands of rogues attacking and trying to take over their lands. He then said no more on the matter, noting that all would be told in council.

Kiran rode in her now accustomed place behind Aldren and Ameni and next to Mirgan. She was quietly observing the guides, listening closely to their speech and figuring out the few words that she was unfamiliar with. By doing so, she almost missed what Mirgan was saying.

"I was just commenting on how much I am reminded of the times when I was small and my father would take me and mother to the village of his kin. I was very young, yet I remember feeling like I was more at peace with them than anywhere else."

"Do you remember anything special?" was her gentle reply.

"Not so much anything that stands out, but just the general feeling of peace and belonging. It was something that I never felt in the presence of my mother's family. They had never forgiven her for marrying someone outside of her race. They tolerated me for her sake, but there was no real acceptance."

"Well, I cannot see you passing that kind of prejudice on to our... I mean your children." Kiran turned beet red and hoped that he missed that slip of the tongue that betrayed her true feelings.

Mirgan had heard it clearly, but wisely decided now was not the time to pursue it.

The sun had just moved behind the treetops when they came to the settlement proper. The party was led to the square where the elders greeted them and bade them all welcome. Marden then led them to buildings that had been prepared for their use. Aldren, Ameni, Mirgan and Kiran were all told that they could settle in to refresh themselves and then there would be a feast in their honor.

Mirgan and Kiran were requested to go with Aldren and Ameni. They were led to a cottage that was cozy with a bright fire in the hearth. Since there were only two sleeping rooms, Ameni looked at their guide. He quickly explained in elvish that since Aldren might wish to have his squire near, they had supplied them with a dwelling that would allow such. Since Mirgan and Kiran had been holding hands and talking quietly together, it had been assumed that they were bonded.

Kiran hid her smile from their guide and Mirgan was trying to get her to tell him what was being said. She waved him off for the moment. The guide left when their gear was brought in. As soon as they left, Aldren let out a hearty laugh.

"Mirgan my lad, you must look more regal than you think you do. The advance scouts were under the impression that you are my squire! And they were kind enough to provide us with a place with two sleeping rooms so you could be near in case I needed you for something."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.