Dragon Clan - Cover

Dragon Clan

Copyright© 2003 by Heathen57

Chapter 8

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 8 - The adventures of a halfelven as he tries to survive in a land where all of the kindred are to be killed. First chapter of a longer story.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Violence  

As much as it irritated Mirgan, it was close to the Spring Equinox before the main body of troops was set to leave. The day after he had arrived, Aldren sent trusted riders that could scout out into the countryside to find out just what was happening.

These riders came back with information that was taken directly into the tower. Aldren heard all their reports and found that the troops of the king were indeed traveling further north, bringing the priests with them. Any resistance by the common folk was dealt with harshly, usually resulting in the death of the resistors. The elves were fleeing into the mountains, with only a few strongholds holding out. Other races were being pushed out of their homelands. Fortunately, the King's garrisons were not large in number at least in the north. In the south, there were rumors that the High priest had pretty well taken over the kingdom and that King Gisbard ruled in name only, taking orders from the high priest.

The high priest, who was known as Ralahur, had called for the destruction of all who opposed the rule of men. All other races were to be destroyed or enslaved. There were rumors of his use of magic but only for evil purposes. He seemed to know what his opponents in the court were doing, but it was not decided if his success was through the use of magic or the cunning application of spies.

There was good news mixed with the bad. Many of the people who lived in the north where the king's influence had not been strong for a long time, were resistant to the edicts from the south. They still followed the rules of the ancients and were open to the other races. Some of the local lords were openly hostile to the thought of being subjected to the new religion. Of course, these were the ones that were being targeted.

A plan was devised between Aldren and the troop captains. They would give assistance to any local Lord that wished to resist the King's troops. They could defeat the small garrisons that were this far north, and drive back the influence from the south. At least it would be a start. To attack the Kingdom in the south directly was too daunting to be considered right now. There was one other piece of news, but Aldren held that for later.

The men were used to seeing Aldren as well as Ameni out on the practice field. This was where the two were most comfortable, honing their own skills as well as those of the warriors. They both had a dislike for having to hold court and only did so when necessary. On this day, Aldren had a short workout with Vabryn, and then went around observing the recruits that were practicing under the watchful eye of the captains.

He turned a critical eye toward one group in particular. Calling the captain over he asked a few questions and received the answers he was looking for. Then he called young Mirgan to him. "Do you feel you are ready to go out for a real battle?"

Mirgan thought for just a moment. "Sir, I know that I have much more to learn, but I am willing to go if you need me."

"Good answer, young Mirgan. However, this foray will have some personal interest for you. We know where the troop that is holding your mother is staying. If you are willing, we will mount a raid to get her back."

Mirgan's eyes lit up at the prospect. "Yes sir, I am more than ready for that. Should I get my gear now?"

Aldren smiled at the boy's enthusiasm. "You have a bit of time. We will be leaving at dusk. Now, back to your practice and then rest for the afternoon. You will be needing it." Mirgan moved back with his troop but now his sword-work was more intense and concentrated for he knew he would need all the skill he possessed to save his mother.

Aldren then went to give the orders to have all made ready. This would be the first of many forays into the wilds. He had been advised to appoint captains to lead the raids and to stay within the walls of the tower, but he was still too much of a warrior to sit in safety while others risked their lives. This is what Kendrich had become and he was determined to treat his followers as equals and not lord over them.

He was donning his armor when Kal-angarr appeared at the doorway. "Dragon-Kin, this may seem like a simple mission to rescue innocents from the evils that are coming from the south. But it would bode well for you to remember that this will be the first foray since you have taken control of the Tower. The men have already judged you as a just leader in your dealing with them. By this mission, you will be judged on your ability to lead them to victory. Have care on how you risk your life and theirs."

"Ancient one, I understand what you have said. I have no intention on risking the lives of those that follow me without necessity. We must start somewhere and I had pledged protection of this woman. I cannot abandon that vow."

"One that holds a vow up to this degree is one who is worthy of the title of Lord of the Tower. I will proclaim such before you leave on your journey." With that, he slipped out the doorway.

Ameni was standing at the bottom of the steps holding the reins of his stallion. She was wearing the battle gear that had adorned her body since she had emerged from the home of her youth. It had been polished until the light reflected from the burnished leather. Her bow and knives were in their usual spots. Earlier, Aldren had tried to convince her to stay in the tower since this was just the first of many forays against the king's troops, but she would have none of it.

"Aldren, I will go where you go. I won't be left when you know that I am an asset to any troop. We are to be bonded and there is no reason for me to remain behind."

He knew that he would lose this battle and in reality, he was loath to win. They were so well attuned to each other that to be without her would be like leaving much of his strength and skill behind.

Aldren took note of the crowd that had gathered in the courtyard as he descended the steps. Most of the population had come to watch the troop ride out for the first battle since he took over. He straightened his shoulders and continued down the steps. He was almost to the bottom when Kal-angarr moved forward from the crowd. The old man moved just above Aldren and held out his hands for silence.

"People of the Tower. Aldren Half-Elven, son of Harcon and Elisene, has proven himself in battle. He has proven himself a just and righteous ruler. Shall he be declared Lord of the Tower of the Guard? What say you, people of the Tower?" His surprisingly strong voice was lost in the unanimous yells of acceptance. Once again, he raised his arms to command quiet.

"Aldren, you are hereby named Lord of the Tower of the Guard. Long may you rule with wisdom and justice!" He then motioned to Ameni to step forward. She carried a long object in her outstretched palms. It was wrapped in a piece of dark red velvet. Kal-angarr moved the covering to reveal the sword that Ameni had taken from her childhood home.

The blade radiated in the evening light. The hilt was polished and the runes were faint along the blade winding their way along its length. Kal-angarr spoke in a lower voice now. "Ameni brought this sword to me to try and find the meaning of the runes. I went through the ancient manuscripts that are in the tower. A very ancient volume of Elven lore revealed that this is the sword of Gwrtheyrn, the last, and perhaps the greatest, of the Dragon Clan. It had come to Ameni's ancestors, but its significance was lost. Ameni, as the last surviving member of the clan that cared for the sword, wishes to restore the sword to the Dragon Clan."

Aldren lifted the sword from Ameni's palms. The hilt was warm to the touch and radiated a power throughout his arm. As he lifted the sword into the air, the runes turned from faint markings to blood red scribings, radiating a brilliance that made them visible to the entire crowd. Aldren thrust into the air and proclaimed in Elvish, "The sword of the Dragon Clan shall once again bring forth justice for all races. By the Guardians who came first, I pledge my life!"

Suddenly, the evening sky darkened as a huge creature blocked out the evening's lingering light. A deep roar reverberated through the courtyard as Balroth flew across the courtyard, followed by another, slightly smaller dragon. They wheeled and made one more pass before they disappeared into the sky, leaving only Aldren, Ameni, and Kal-angarr still standing.

As the rest of the people stood back up, Kal-angarr shouted out. "The dragons have acknowledged their kin! The legend is alive!"

This revived the crowd from its fear and they began to shout and cheer once again. Aldren replaced his sword with the new one and mounted up. Ameni grabbed the mane of the roan that she always rode and vaulted onto its back. They turned and led the troop through the crowd and out the gates into the gathering darkness.

Since the moon was just one day past full, it was decided to make use of the extra light and travel until just before the false dawn. The trails were well known and they were anxious to be on their way.

The group rode in silence, each one lost in their own thoughts. Ameni was leading since she had the best night vision of them all. Aldren was either beside or behind her as the trail allowed. Next was Vabryn who rode alongside of Mirgan. These two spoke quietly, Vabryn giving pointers and the boy asking questions. Behind them were twenty more men who kept changing positions to allow those in the middle to catch a nap in the saddle.

Their target was about a sevendays' ride away. The king's garrison had taken up residence in a small village not too far from where the assassin had tried for Aldren's life. This far north, discipline had fallen to the side and the men were acting more like robbers and murderers than trained troops. The priest that was with them was a short, wiry man who was bloodthirsty, calling for the death of all men who stood in their way, and the taking of the women for pleasure or slavery. He was not above the use of these women himself, preferring those girls that had barely started their menses. He took particular joy in hearing their screams as he violated them. Even better was if he could do the act in full view of the parents before he had them killed.

The hatred of this depravity was something that Aldren was counting on. He knew that the small village was nearby to the village he and Ameni had visited. The people of that village were not kind to the king's men to begin with and if the rumors had made it to their village, they would be even more enraged. It was to the village that the troop made their way.

Mid afternoon on the sixth day found the troop on the outside of the village. The main body of Aldren's group made camp in the woods about half mile away. Aldren and Ameni rode into the village with Mirgan in tow. They found the burly smith still at his forge, working on a short dagger. The ring of his hammer against the red hot metal gave a counter rhythm to the sound of their horses' hooves. As Aldren came up to the door of the smithy, the man dropped the blade into a trough of cold water. He looked up and smiled when he recognized the pair.

"Hail travelers! It is good to see you still alive." Aldren dropped from his horse and clasped the man's thick forearm.

"Likewise it is good to see you again. We had feared that the king's men or the priests would have done you in."

The smith's face turned dark. "We have heard the rumors. Our ranks here in the village have swelled with folks that escaped the burnings and killings. They have taken the village east of us and set up a base there. The people around here are arming themselves. It has been thought that they will attack here next."

"What do you figure your chances will be?"

"Not good. We outnumber them but most around here are not warriors such as you. But we will take as many as we can before we are cut down." Then he looked closer at Aldren. "And what brings you back here among this fighting?"

"We have come to take back a woman that was captured by those same soldiers. And we will kill as many as needed to do it."

The smith chuckled. "I would go with you, but I am afraid that it would take more than just the four of us."

"Well my friend, there are another twenty one fine warriors camped outside of your village that are eager to fight. We can take out many of them but we would like your help, if you are willing."

"My Lord, go over to the inn and have a meal. I will call for a meeting and we will see what we can do."

The trio did as the smith suggested. As they entered, they heard a bell ring out in the air. They were just sitting down to eat when men and women started to enter the common room. It didn't take long until there was standing room only. The smith bellowed out for quiet and explained what was happening. The entire village agreed that they would rather fight now with the help that was promised than to wait for the king's men to destroy them one by one. One of the men that had arrived at the last spoke up that his wife and daughter had been taken earlier that sevenday, so an attack on the village was looming closer.

A few hours later, Aldren and his companions rode back to the rest of the troop. Plans had been made and would be put into action just before dawn. Then they set the watch and tried to get some sleep.

It was a couple of hours before dawn when Aldren and his part of the troop got to the village where the king's men were encamped. In the pale moonlight, they saw the buildings where the troops lay sound asleep. The only guards were around the building on the near side of the village. This had to be where the prisoners were kept. There were two of them, sitting on stools at each corner. Mirgan volunteered to go around the far corner and take care of the guard there. He slipped from his horse and faded into the darkness. Ameni notched her bow and waited. As soon as Mirgan came around the corner and slit the guard's throat, the second guard turned to go to his aid. Ameni's arrow went through his neck severing his spine. He collapsed without a sound.

When Aldren had reached the door, Mirgan had already slipped inside. There was the faint ringing of steel as the guard inside reacted, but Mirgan had dispatched him quickly. In the candlelight of the room, they could see at least 20 women and young girls sitting or laying near the walls. They had been awakened when the guard was killed, and were watching the newcomers with wide, fearful stares.

"Mother!" Mirgan called out to a figure that was in the corner. She stared in disbelief. He ran over and cut the ropes that bound her hands and feet. "Come, we must hurry!" He then joined Aldren and Vabryn as they freed the rest of the prisoners. The majority of them followed Vabryn out the back door and into the field. Dulca and a few others went with Aldren and Mirgan out the front where they were mounted behind other riders.

They were discovered by one of the garrison troops that had come out of the building. Aldren told the young girl to hang on tight as he charged toward the man. He split him almost in half but not before he sounded the alarm. There were soon many of the king's troops coming out of the buildings, all in various stages of dress. Aldren took out a few more and Ameni added to the toll before the garrison troops could get mounted. In the confusion, Aldren handed the girl off to Ameni and turned back toward the fray. He spotted a lanky, black-robed figure come out one of the doors, screaming for the troops to go after the prisoners. Aldren dug in his heels and galloped toward the priest. Before the man could dodge, Aldren leaned over and grabbed the man by his hood, then he turned and headed away from the village, dragging the priest along.

The rest of the men from the tower were heading down the trail. Ameni came along side of Aldren and reached down to grab the priest's arm. Aldren took hold of the other arm, effectively suspending the priest between them. They could now hear the king's troops as they mounted up in pursuit. They took off with the king's men close behind.

When they arrived at the smith's village, the pursuers were almost within sight. Aldren pulled the priest into the forge and gave him over to the smith who tied him up and roughly shoved him into a corner. The king's men came pounding into the village then pulled up short when they saw Aldren's men facing them in the road. Their leader started to charge, then heard a noise behind them. Looking back, he saw that the villagers, over 50 strong and armed, had blocked any chance of escape.

Aldren called out in a loud voice. "You are trapped! Lay down your arms and be taken prisoner, or we will cut you down!"

The troops made the foolish decision to fight their way out. As the leader raised his sword, an arrow appeared in his chest just before he fell from his horse. This triggered a hail of arrows and then Aldren's men rushed in for the attack. The battle was short and the king's troops were cut down to the last man. The villagers were mad in the lust of revenge and decimated the enemy, killing the wounded and hacking at the dead. It took a while to get them to stop the mutilation.

The dead were dragged into a field where their bodies were left to the Reavers. Aldren remembered the priest and he was brought from the forge and tied to a tree. There was some talk about killing him outright, but cooler heads prevailed and he was spared for the time being.

Vabryn came up the road a couple hours after the battle, leading the rescued women. Many were suffering from the abuse and the long walk, but all were glad to be free. Some that had been taken in the area were reunited with their families. The others were welcomed into the village. All were fed and their hurts tended.

Vabryn came up to where the troop of the tower was gathered, checking their wounds. Mirgan's mother, Dulca, was busy tending the cuts and scratches with Mirgan assisting. Mirgan saw the second in command and introduced him to Dulca.

"It is an honor to meet the woman who bore a warrior such as Mirgan."

Dulca, for her part, blushed and returned the greeting. She then turned back to tending the wounded. Vabryn looked at her as she worked. 'Damn fine woman.' He thought. 'Well worth rescuing.'

Aldren gathered the leaders of the village. According to the ancient laws, each village held trials for the offenders in their area. Serious offences were taken to the court in the south where the king would pronounce judgment. This was not an option now, so it was decided to hold a trial that night.

A rough table was set up outside the inn for the court. Aldren and Ameni were seated behind it as was the innkeeper, the smith, and two of the farmers that were considered leaders. The priest was led in to stand in the place of the accused to the right of the court. The trial was called to order and witnesses were brought in. They all told of the torture and abuse that the priest had allowed or had participated in personally. With each tale, the crowd that was watching got angrier. Finally, Aldren called a halt to the witnesses. He asked the priest if he had anything to say in his defense.

One of his guards ungagged him, and he immediately started raving. "This is a sham! You all have no authority over such an important person as myself. All of you rebellious fools should be put to death. You need to bow down to me! That last girl should consider herself lucky that such a person of my greatness would even deign to take her! I should have killed her when I was done with..."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.