Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 9

Tom and his family left to got home through Deland, I dove my bevy of lovelies back to Orlando in Joanne's minivan.

"Joanne are you on the Florida Bar?"

"Dave I passed the Bar Exam in April and my license to practice came in the mail last week."

"What type of law do you practice?"

"I was an assistant DA for LA County for a few years. I enjoy sending scum to prison more than trying to keep them out. I think I will try to practice civil law while we are here. I have been getting burned out in court. Why?"

"Well I think we all are going to need legal advice from time to time. My grandfather used to say count on your family, they tend to fight harder for you, than someone you hired to help you."

"You mean I am really part of the family. I have wanted to meet you since Jeri first started to tell me stories about you. When she was home, she was telling me about you, and how, that group in the back, were planning on finding you and taking care of you. The idea just excited me. So you really want me too?"

"Hell Yes, your are already. Suzy sees Jeri as one of her NEW Aunts, since you are Jeri's Mom. That means you are family. Besides I want you around to.

It does give me a problem, I belong to a group of people that got tired of killing for the government, how am I going to tell them I have a Sexy Lawyer in the family, no I meant sleazy, on third thought I think you are sexy, very sexy, there is no sleaze about you."

"OK, enough with the lawyer jokes, I have heard them all already."

Corey piped up, "You had better think she is sexy, you have to put up with both of us tonight."

"Joanne do you want to handle the real-estate sale for the house for us."

"OK, I understand I am suppose to be your interior decorator too. Elizabeth said that you might have a problem with getting some stuff back from your old work place; you need help with that too?"

"What can be done?"

"Well it ready depends on how valuable your programs are to you. I heard Elizabeth say something about setting up shop with you to put your old boss out of business, and he did not pay you for your programs and you own the intellectual rights to them, then he cannot use those programs without your permission. Do you own them?"

"Yes, I wrote the core programs after I was RIF'd from the Navy, and before I started working for that asshole. He has used my basic algorithm as that core process structure for all of his distributed programs that have been finished in the last two years. He is planning on using it on large government contact they got last week. Right now about 80% of their shipped software packages are based upon my distributed process control algorithm."

"Did you apply for a copyright or mention that algorithm in a published paper, or document it someone way?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.