The Promise - Cover

The Promise

Copyright© 2003 by Traffic Guy

Chapter 4: Forcing the Issue

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4: Forcing the Issue - Dan Helton decides he owes something to the six women he used as surrogates for his late wife Hildie when celebrating the date of their anniversary. An expansion of the story "Red Dress," with Chapter 1 a slighty rewritten version of that story.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Size  

"Game!" I yelled as the volleyball richocheted off a would be blocker and into the netting surrounding our court.

High fives and handshakes abounded as we made our way to water bottles and towels. We had held the number one court for almost two hours, even against a couple young all-male teams, and Kara was a huge part of the reason. While we waited for our next victims, I tried once again to come to terms with the dichotomy she presented.

Kara Mercer. Black hair in a shag cut, grey eyes, ears that reminded me a little of an elf's. No, they weren't really pointed, but they did taper toward the top. Her small frame probably helped me think that way. As for her other attributes, I couldn't get much of an idea because of her heavy t-shirt and baggy shorts. Considering her ability I would have thought she would wear the standard sleeveless top and form-fitting pants allowing freedom of movement.

I had picked her up at her house, as her car was in the shop. She had greeted me hesitantly, almost fearfully, and while she invited me in I felt she didn't really mean it. Fortunately, I was able to make light of the turndown by pointing out that we needed to get on the road to get to The Center on time. All the way there my attempts at conversation were met by less than enthusiastic responses, although occasionally she seemed to try to shake herself out of it. Those moments tended to lapse quickly, however. Through it all I maintained my usual cheeriness and pretended I didn't notice the awkwardness.

During pauses in the conversation (such as it was) I thought about when she had been my escort and while she had been the quietest of the six I remembered her as being a little more lively than this. I know this was more than two years later and my memories might have been tainted by my fixation on being with Hildie, but still... And there was the little matter of her apparently being the one that provided the impetus for this whole promise thing anyway.

By the time we arrived at The Center I was starting to think the night was going to be a disaster, and I was regretting roping in some of my buddies. Twenty minutes after we hit the court I was all smiles. Kara wasn't just good, she was outstanding!

She dove, she rolled, she jumped (only five feet tall, remember, but she was a better blocker than I was!) and her jump serves seem to have eyes on them. About halfway through our first game she had picked up on all of our strengths (and weaknesses) and started giving us signals as to where to go and what to do. She repositioned us for the start of the second game and by the end of that game she had us working like a well-oiled machine. Our opponents could only guess who would be hammering the ball at them and where. She set us short middle, outside, weakside and back row, always sensing who was ready to hit and putting the ball in the right spot at the right time.

This was more like it! She was into it, big time, her face flushed with excitement, her energy enfusing us. Between games she kidded and chatted with everyone. I was greatly amused at Big Bill's reaction to her. Bill was the only other unmarried member of our bunch, and I could see he was becoming greatly smitten with this elf, even if (and probably because) he would make ten of her. It was funny to see him try to NOT flirt with my date. I was really enjoying myself and looking forward to celebrating our victories late into the night.

So I was a little unprepared for what I saw in her eyes as we walked off the court undefeated at the end of the night. It was as if a light was turned off when she realized that soon she would be headed out alone with me.

Now, believe me when I tell you that I know I am not God's gift to women. The fact that Linda and Nancy thoroughly enjoyed our time together was a huge ego boost, but I wasn't about to try to parlay that into some sort of hedonistic life style. So I wasn't upset that Kara apparently feared being alone with me, just puzzled. Frankly, as small as she was I wasn't planning on doing anything sexually unless she forced the issue, and I was planning to be very, very careful if it did happen. At the moment, it appeared that wasn't in the cards anyway, so I decided to continue to play it cool.

The ride home was almost as awkward as the ride in although she did get into it when I got her talking about the games.

When I took the turnoff for her place she completely shut down. I couldn't get her to talk about anything. After pulling into her driveway I parked and got out, going around to open her door for her. The phrase 'like a deer caught in headlights' seemed entirely too appropriate. I handed her out and walked her to the door. "Thank you for a fun evening."

At first she didn't seem to understand. "Y-you're welcome." A pause. "I enjoyed it, too."

"Should I pick you up around 9:15?"

"Pick me up?" Now she was truly puzzled.

"For the Faire. It opens at 10, right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. 9:15 would be perfect." Her relief was almost palpable. And yet... there seemed to be a little disappointment as well. Hmmm.

I gave a cheery wave as the door opened. "Good night!"

"Good night. And thank you." She gave a little half smile. Yes!

And I turned and made my way to my car and then home.


A Renaissance Faire. That's what we were going to. Something I knew absolutely, positively nothing about. Oh, I'd heard of them, and a couple of my buddies and former co-workers had been to them, but I really didn't have a clue when I set it up the week before.

On to the internet! Okay. Pictures of people in what appeared to be Shakespearean costumes. Ads for companies that sell dragon jewelry and special clothing, including Elizabethan Corsets. Acts that included jousting, live chess matches, and actors with several different skills, among them assassins and cutpurses. Uh, sure. What had I gotten myself into?

According to a site called "Renaissance Faire" they originally 'were annual events celebrating the end of deadly winter and the spring rebirth of the lands and animals necessary to survival. Farmers displayed their early crops. Inn Keepers offered there (sic) specialty dishes. Craft people hawked their wares. Artists, Musicians, Jugglers, Actors, amused and entertained. It was a time of hope and promise; a time to dream...

(Continuing) Like the Faires of the 16th century, modern Faires offer a sensual feast of crafts, exotic foods and drink, games, and above all, an opportunity for any person to actively participate in an historical reenactment.'

Ah, there you go! Historical reenactment. Okay. I can deal with this. I can wander around marvelling at the live show being put on for my benefit and learn about Elizabethan times.

And then when confirming the date Kara asked what role I would be playing. Fortunately, this was over the phone so she couldn't see my surprise. I quickly said I hadn't decided yet and asked if she had a preference. No help there. She admitted she always went as a wench, but that meant I could be any of a number of roles and be able to interact with her and the others.

I quickly called a former co-worker that I knew had been into this stuff. After she laughed a little too long and loudly at my predicament she condescended to go over the different male roles and what they entailed.

I finally settled on being a squire, figuring I could be somewhat uppity and above the fray. Couldn't get into trouble that way, right?

Wrong! Five minutes through the gates and Kara was playing Baudy Wench to the hilt, and I could see she was practically demanding I get into it as well. It didn't help that all of the professionals, in fact almost everyone in costume enjoyed 'working' with her. I was in deep doo-doo if I couldn't come up with something, and fast!

I started by just playing sort of a straight man, liberally sprinkling 'thees' and 'thous' to make it sound like I was part of the act. It wasn't long before it became apparent that 'Robin Hood' meets 'Shakespeare' seemed to rule the day, and I started feeling more comfortable branching out a bit.

I think the tide turned when the Sheriff of Nottingham tried to arrest Kara and put her in the stocks. I protested mightily. In a way I succeeded, since I was the one placed in the stocks and Kara and the Sheriff strolled off at the end. We were all applauded for our efforts and Kara seemed to be very happy.

As the day went on we saw the live chess match, a joust and, of all things, a three sided insult match. We were with the Sheriff of Nottingham and the other bad guys (of course!) against Robin Hood and his Merry Men, as well as The French (don't ask, I don't know and I didn't understand a thing they yelled).

As far as I can tell we were called the winners, although with yells like "Friar Tuck is so short he has grass stains on his chin" I'm not sure anyone deserved praise.

As closing time approached I decided to try to keep up the act as long as possible. I was beginning to think I had a handle on Kara. When I picked her up she was once again a little nervous. But as I mentioned, once within the gates she was The Baudy Wench and acted it. As long as she was 'on-stage' she seemed to be sure of herself. If we could continue the role-playing, maybe we could avoid the awkwardness that had pervaded everything other than the volleyball.

As we walked out the gates I turned to her and said "Lass, thy coach awaiteth," and did the old doffing the cap and sweeping my arm in a low bow bit.

"Why I thanketh thee, My Lord," she giggled. So far, so good. We continued in the car, mostly reliving the day. Then we got to her place. At the door, I was prepared to turn and leave, but Kara seemed to want things to continue. "Prithee, Lord, please stayeth the night. Sherwood Forest canst be dangerous to one alone."

"Ah lass, but what wouldst thy neighbors think?"

"Tis not their business, kind sirrah. Merrily, I ask thee again - stayeth the night."

"As long as thou hast a cot and some ale, I darest not refuse."

"Aye, I have both, sirrah." So in I went.


I had thoughts of continuing in that vein, but once the door was closed Kara dropped the act completely. "Dan, I need to take a shower. The kitchen is through there. Please help yourself to anything you want to drink and I'll be out in about 15 minutes."

She didn't look at me once while she was saying this. I had no idea what her mood was. Yes, she had asked me to stay the night, but was that part of the act? Of course, she's off to take a shower with me still here... I decided there was no point in speculating and went into the kitchen to get a drink.

A drink. Hoo Boy! Better not make it alcohol! What, then? Soda water? Ginger Ale? I went with the Ginger Ale so it looked like I was drinking something other than water. Somehow I felt every little thing tonight would be important.

Right on time she re-appeared wearing one fluffy robe and carrying another. Without meeting my eyes she said, "This is for you to wear after your shower" and handed it to me.

I did one of my mental shrugs and answered "Thanks!" It appeared I was not only staying the night, but that something was expected of me. And that something was spelled S-E-X. Unfortunately, I wasn't exactly sure this was a good thing.

When I came back into her living room she was camped on one side of the couch, feet tucked under her and robe covering everything from just below her chin down to and including her knees.

"Please sit here, Dan," she said, motioning to the space next to her on the couch.

I did so, leaving about a foot of space between us.

She finally looked at me. Damn, she was scared! But also determined, somehow. What the hell was I going to do?

"Kara, we were on our feet all day. Would you like me to rub yours?"

Another one of those startled looks, then a wary one. "Sure, if you like."

I moved a little farther away on the couch and motioned for her to put her feet in my lap. I was watching her eyes as I started touching her feet. She actually winced at the touch! I continued for a while, but it wasn't working. She wasn't relaxing at all.

When I stopped, she immediately curled her feet back under her and tucked her robe around her. What the hell was I doing here? It was painfully obvious she was revolted by my touch, so why wasn't she showing me the door?

"Dan, could we cuddle a little, please?" She couldn't look me in the eye while she said this, but when I said "Sure!" she scooted over next to me and practically grabbed my arm and placed it around her. I moved us both a little so she was leaned up against me with my arm across her tummy. I was comfortable, but even though the robe shielded contact I could tell she wasn't. Still, she stayed in that position several minutes.

"Kara?"

"Yes, Dan?"

"Can you relax?"

A sigh. "I'm trying, I really am."

"I know you are. Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you trying so hard?"

"Because I must do this!" Hmmm.

"Why?"

"Because if this doesn't work I'll never be able to love a man."

Oh, shit. What the hell is going on here?

"What makes you think you can't love a man?"

"I have never been able to orgasm with a man."

"So?"

She moved over, turned and looked at me with anger on her face. "Don't you get it? I can't get turned on, and I shudder at a man's touch. I'm a cold bitch and I don't want to be. I want to be able to feel things, like Linda and Nancy and those 'escorts' of my brother's" she spat. "I want to be a 'normal' woman with normal feelings and I can't!" As she said this last she turned away and started crying.

Since it was obvious that my trying to hold her wouldn't help at this point, I moved off the couch and onto a nearby chair. Eventually her crying stopped. When she looked up and saw me it apparently surprised her. "You're still here!"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"But, but when you moved away I thought... "

"You thought I left?" She nodded. "I thought I was invited to stay the night."

"Yes, you were." Some of the determination came back into her eyes. "Can we go to bed now?"

"No, we can't."

Relief, coupled with sadness. "Why not?"

"It's not time, yet," I said cryptically.

"Oh." Silence. "When will it be time?"

"In a while." I thought for a moment. How can I make something good happen? Oh, well, here goes nothing...

"Hey little girl, if you're good, you'll get a reward."

For a moment she just stared at me.

"Well, okay then. I was just trying to be nice, but if you don't want your reward it's okay with me." I made a move to get out of my chair.

"No, no, Mister Dan." Good! She had a funny look in her eye, but she started to act like a little girl! "I'll be a good girl."

"Are you sure? I'll bet you're just teasing me like all the other little girls."

"No, Mister Dan, I wouldn't do that!" By now she had this wide-eyed look of innocence on her face. Damn, this might work!

"Well, okay. Tell you what. Your mom tells me you like candy. Is that right?"

"Sure is! I like candy a lot!"

"Well, I tell you what. I have some candy here in my pants pocket. Why don't you come and get some?"

She hesitated, but in character. Good! "I don't know Mister Dan. My mom told me not to take candy from strangers."

"And she's absolutely correct! Never take candy from strangers. But little Kara, I'm not a stranger, right?"

She mulled that over for a moment. "Well, no, Mister Dan. You are not a stranger. But I'm still not sure if my mom would approve."

"Very good! You are a good little girl. I tell you what. Why don't we call your mom and ask her?"

Another pause. "No, I don't think we need to bother mommy. I guess it's okay." Her eyes brightened up. "Where did you say the candy was?"

"Right here in my pocket." I patted the robe around my thigh. "Come on over and get it."

"Okay!" She got up, walked over in front of me and plopped down on her knees.

"Uh, Mr. Dan?"

"Yes, sweety?"

"You don't seem to be wearing any pants."

"Just because my legs are bare doesn't mean anything. I could be wearing shorts, right?"

"Well, I guess so."

"Okay, then just feel up my legs until you get to my shorts and then check the pockets for candy."

"Oh."

A moment's silence.

"Mr. Dan?"

"Yes, little one?"

"I don't seem to have found any pockets, but I guess there's something that could be a piece of candy."

"What does it feel like?"

"Well, it's kinda like a soft popsicle, only it's not sticky."

"Well, I'll bet it'll get sticky if you lick it."

"I didn't think popsicles were like that."

"This is a special kind. I brought it just for you."

She beamed. "Just for me? Gee, that's neat!"

Time passed.

"Mr. Dan! It's getting harder as I lick it, not softer... and it's getting bigger, too!"

"Of course it is sweety! It's sort of like an 'Everlasting Gobstopper!'"

"Oh, cool!"

A couple minutes later...

"Mr. Dan, you were right! It is getting sticky! But it doesn't taste like a popsicle."

"Do you like the taste?"

She thought a moment. "I think I do. Let me taste a little more."

After some more licking...

"Mr. Dan?"

"Yes, little girl?"

"I know you said this was a special kind of popsicle, but now it reminds me of something I saw my mommy play with."

"Oh? Just how did she play with it?"

"I'm not sure, but after she would lick on it for a while she would rub it down between her legs."

"Between her legs?"

"Yes. And it seemed like a lot of hard work, because she would do it for quite a while and get all sweaty and would grunt and groan. But I know she liked it because she was always happy after she was done."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.