Everlasting Love - Cover

Everlasting Love

Copyright© 2003 by Aphrodite_Goddess

Chapter 3 - Confessions

As night fell neither Jeff nor Liz picked up the phone. Jeff was at home, still buried in his work, unconscious of the time. Liz had gone shopping and to dinner with her best friend, April James. Having known each other since kindergarten, the two were closer than sisters. They managed not to kill each other as roommates in college, and now years later they were still there for each other at a moments notice.

"Liz, what's the matter? You haven't said a thing since we left your house." April had stopped her in front of Sandlemans, a local men's clothing store.

"I think he is getting impatient with me and I don't know what to do about it. I want to trust our relationship to go that far..." She stopped and fell against the white brick wall. "How do I know if he loves me enough to stay with me once he hears what I have to tell him?"

"He already knows," April mumbled hoping Liz didn't hear her.

"What do you mean he already knows?" She stood straight up, glaring right at April, darts shooting from her eyes.

"I bumped into him last week and we went for coffee. The conversation ... Ah ... He said ... oh hell Liz, I thought he already knew, but when I saw the tears in his eyes, I knew I had let the cat out of the bag. He was hurting for you Liz," she stammered, throwing her hands down in disgust over what she had done.

"And he cried," He cried ... She said more to herself than to April. She was beginning to see a side of Jeff that she had never seen in him before. A warm, caring, sensitive side that lifted her heart to heights never before known to her. For the first time her head and heart were synchronized and she knew what she wanted. "Come with me in here, I have to get something." Liz grabbed April by the arm and led her to Silvia's Clothing Store, and headed straight for the lingerie dept. In front of them stood several racks; to the left dainty panties of all kinds: Lacy, silky, satiny, some crotchless, others sheer; to the right matching bras. In the back, the racks all along the wall were a very large selection of tap pant sets, teddies, bustiers, and both long and short gowns of all types, fabrics, shapes, and colors. Liz quickly rummaged through the items.

"What do you need more lingerie for, Liz, you must have a closet full already?" she said, still with the puzzled look on her face.

"I've got it! This is the one!" Liz held up a black Lycra bustier, and smiled with her find.

"This is what you dragged me in here for, a less than decent undergarment," she said while tugging at the side of the garment playfully. "What do you have up your sleeve young lady?"

"Please, just trust me. I will need your help back at your house. Okay?" She said with a pleading look on her face.

At April's house a miraculous transformation was taking place. The two girls were having a great time with make-up, hairstyles, and clothes.

"Hold still, I'll smudge shadow down your face and I don't think you want an injun face, do you?" she laughed and continued with the make-up.

"I'm not use to wearing make-up. Do you really think he'll like it?" Liz was feeling like a high school girl getting ready for her first date with the most popular guy in school.

"Now for the clothes." April handed Liz the black bustier and directed her to the changing screen in the corner of the bedroom. Then she went to the closet and thumbed through some clothes while Liz changed. "I've got it, this is perfect."

She walked over to the screen and draped it over the top. "Put this on over that black thing, alright!"

"April this is a little ... Ah..." She stopped looking for the right words to describe the slinky dress April had just given her and started to giggle. "A little revealing, don't you think?"

"That's the whole idea, isn't it." She walked to the bed and sat down. "Just put it on and get out here."

Minutes later a figure walked out from behind the screen. April eyed Liz up and down, "Damn, that dress looks better on you than it ever did on me." She stood, putting her hands on her hips.

Liz walked to the full-length mirror on the closet door and admired herself for a bit. The dress was flame red, with a very low V-neck, and hung just slightly off each shoulder. The skirt clung tight against her thighs, ending slightly above the knees. She stood there twisting her shoulders toward the mirror and back trying to get the feel of the dress in motion.

"How do I look?" she said.

"Breathtaking, if I may be so bold. Now come on; let's call him," she said as she ran for the phone and held the receiver out for Liz.

"Hello, Jeffery Crane, Accountant. How can I help you," Jeff said when he answered the phone.

"Jeff, it's Liz. Can you meet me at my apartment in an hour? I have to talk to you. It's rather important."

"Sure, Liz. Are you alright? You left without saying goodbye this morning."

"We'll talk when you get here, alright hon?"

"Okay, I will see you in an hour then. Bye."

They both hung up the phones, then Liz and April hurried out the door to her apartment.

At Liz's apartment another transformation was taking place. April changed all the light bulbs in the bedroom to black fluorescent, while Liz broke out the silk sheets she had bought on sale the summer before and never had a chance to use. They thumbed through the tape collection together and found the perfect interlude music. They set it to play in the tape deck in the living room. Liz got out candles, wine, and two champagne glasses and set them up appropriately on the coffee table.

"Thank you so much, April. He'll be here in about ten minutes; there is no way I could have done this without you."

"Not a problem, sweetie. Lord knows you deserve the happiness. Call me in the morning and tell me how things went." The two friends hugged, then Liz saw her to the door.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.