Dance of a Lifetime - Cover

Dance of a Lifetime

Copyright© 2003 by Don Lockwood

Chapter 155: The Taming Of Courtney Rogers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 155: The Taming Of Courtney Rogers - Two kids meet. She has a boyfriend. He's much better for her. Can he tell her? Will she figure it out? Winner of two Golden Clitorides (Best Serial, Best Long Story by a New Author) in 2001.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Cream Pie   Slow   Violence  

It was a Tuesday morning, very early, when Courtney landed in Detroit. She had arranged for a hotel room, but couldn't check in there until later. She rented a car, and drove around a bit, finding something to eat.

Afterwards, she headed slightly outside of town, to the ice rink that was the home of the Detroit Skating Club. It was a lavish rink, a lot of people trained there. The caretaker showed her where the dressing rooms were. She got changed and got her skates on, then emerged into the main rink. Evan Pogdar was waiting for her on the ice. She stepped on and joined him.

"Fine. You're here. Keep in mind I'm doing this against my better judgement," Evan snapped.

"Well, I thought long and hard about it myself," Courtney said. "But, let's face it--you're the best male dancer available, and by a lot. And you obviously haven't found a partner yet, either."

"True--but keep one thing in mind, Courtney. One of the reasons I haven't found a partner yet is that I scare some of them off. I'm a demanding prick on the ice." Courtney just gulped at that. "Anyhow, that over there are my coaches. That's Nina Zirkovskaya, she's been my coach forever. And, you know Shawna. She'll be the co-coach."

Courtney just looked at Shawna. She didn't count on this. Shawna Vickers scared the shit out of Courtney, though she'd never admit it. Shawna just grinned at her. "Can't skate any more, so I might as well coach. And if that means I get to torture the living daylights out of you, so much the better."

Courtney wasn't feeling good about this at all. "By the way, where's the barracuda?" Evan asked. Courtney just looked at him. "Your mother."

"Home," Courtney said. "She doesn't even know I'm here. She was opposed to me skating with you."

"You probably should have listened to your mother," Evan chuckled.

"The last time I listened to my mother, I drove Ryan all the way to Boston!" Courtney spat.

Evan laughed at that. "Of course you did. You tortured that boy. We were all surprised it took him as long as it did." He looked right into her eyes. "You understand one thing. I'm not docile. I'm not manipulatable. None of your tricks will work on me. And you'll find that if you push me I can turn into a considerable asshole."

"I think you're an asshole anyway," Courtney spat. "However, you're also a good skater."

"Fine. Let's skate."

It was brutal. After three days, Courtney hurt all over-and she was getting tired of being yelled at.

At the end of the third day, Evan looked at her. "You can skate. I haven't tried out with anyone nearly as talented as you are. But you need to learn how to work. If you're willing to do that, we can give it a try."

"I can work," Courtney said determinedly.

"Fine. Do you have a place to live?"

"I'm in a hotel now."

Evan shrugged. "You can stay with me. I have plenty of room in my house, enough to stay out of each other's way."

"No thanks!" Courtney blurted.

Evan laughed. "Courtney. You do know I'm gay, right?"

"Oh," Courtney said. She might have heard that, but she had forgotten. "Uh, well, I still don't think so."

"You can move in with me," Shawna told her. "My house is big as well."

"OK, I think that would work better," Courtney said.

"It would?" Evan laughed. "Courtney, she's gay, too."

"Oh," Courtney said, blushing. "Well, I still think it would be better."

"Suit yourself," Evan said.

"And don't worry, you're not my type," Shawna laughed. "I like my girls sweet."

"Good!" Courtney spat. Shawna just kept laughing.


Courtney flew back to Wisconsin that weekend, and loaded her car up with her stuff. She also had a major blowout with her mother, which she expected.

"You can't skate with him!" Mrs. Rogers thundered. "You won't last seven seconds skating with him!"

"He's the only option," Courtney sighed. "All the guys you were bringing in here were junior-level skaters, or worse. Evan's the only skater around who's at my level."

"He'll eat you alive!"

"I can handle him."

"You have no clue what you can and cannot handle. I've been fighting your battles for your whole career."

"Well, Mother, I'm 19 years old. Maybe it's time I fight my own battles."

Mrs. Rogers snorted. "You're kidding. You're incapable of it. Oh well, if you insist on skating with Evan Pogdar, then fine. I'll put the house up for sale and find something in Detroit."

"That's not necessary," Courtney said hesitantly.

"Oh, yes it is. Evan Pogdar. Jesus. You're going to need all the help you can get. I'll be moving with you."

That's when Courtney snapped. For the first time ever in her life, she stood up to her mother, because she saw a disaster in the making. "No, Mother, you will not be moving to Detroit. I am going to have all I can do as it is. I can't deal with Evan, and deal with you too."

"Nonsense. I'll be there to help you deal with Evan."

"No, you won't! He'll freak! He specifically told me that if I wanted to be his partner, I had to keep you out of it!"

"And you agreed to this? Courtney, this is a mistake. You can't go skate with him. Forget it. Stay here, and I'll find you a partner."

"NO!" Courtney was almost hysterical by now. "This is my last chance! Don't you see that? I fucked it up with Ryan. I can't fuck this up!" She stormed out before her mother could say another word--arguing was pointless. All she could do was hope that her mother wouldn't show up in Detroit.

Her mother called her cell phone with a diatribe while she was halfway to Detroit--but she didn't seem to be intent on coming there. That's all Courtney wanted.

She got back to Detroit and moved into Shawna's house. She had only had to bring her personal stuff, as Shawna had furniture. Courtney moved into the guest room.

"Can you cook?" Shawna asked.

"Believe it or not, yes," Courtney laughed. "I'll do some of the cooking, if you want--I like to cook. You just have to let me know what you like."

"I'm not picky," Shawna replied.

"Hey, it's your house," Courtney said. "Whatever you want."

"Why the hell are you being so cooperative?" Shawna spat. "That's certainly not your usual style." Courtney just shrugged.


Courtney and Evan hit the ice that next Monday--and, for Courtney, it was brutal.

Evan believed in hard work anyway--but he was really pushing it. To Courtney, it seemed like he was almost being unnecessarily cruel. And it got worse on Tuesday. Courtney hurt herself--she actually had, this wasn't an excuse. They were working, and Courtney lost an edge and twisted her ankle. Not bad, but she was in a bit of pain.

"Oh, suck it up," Even spat.

"I'm trying," Courtney said. Of course, being Courtney, this phrase was accompanied by her usual pouting and flashing her baby blues. She was barely aware that she was even doing it. Evan took at as a manipulation attempt, and quietly went off on her.

"Don't even try to pull that shit on me, Courtney, it won't work."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Now shut up and skate."

Shawna quietly chuckled to herself about all this--until she got home and noticed that Courtney was limping around the kitchen as she cooked supper. Then, after supper, Shawna wandered into the living room and found Courtney watching TV--with ice taped around her ankle.

"You really did hurt your ankle?" Shawna said.

"No, I'm faking it," Courtney snapped. "I really like being yelled at, so I figured I'd fake an injury so Evan would go off on me some more." Shawna just shook her head and dropped the subject.

Wednesday, if anything, was worse-for a different reason. Courtney showed up at the rink, and Evan had a tape player. "I've got the music for our free dance." He played it.

Courtney hated it. It was dark, and foreboding, and not Courtney's style at all. "Do I get any say in this?" she asked.

"No," Evan said darkly. "I know what you and Ryan skated to. All that overused twee crap. What were you going to suggest? Carmen?" he spat.

"No, but not what you just played me."

"Too bad. You should get one thing straight. I'm only skating with you because I have no other options, and I'm not happy about it. So, we're going to do this my way. Natalya's going to start working on a program with us."

They did. And Courtney hated it. The music wasn't pleasant at all, her ankle started throbbing again, and she was having trouble doing some of the stuff that Evan wanted her to do. The day ended with Evan throwing her off the ice a half hour early. "Come back when you want to work!" he hollered.

Shawna watched all this with a grim satisfaction, though less so after she had realized that Courtney wasn't faking the sore ankle. She still didn't have much of an opinion of Courtney, and was waiting for Courtney to show her fangs.

So, she was very surprised that night when she happened to walk past the door to Courtney's room--and heard her sobbing inside.


The same thing happened Thursday--and Shawna heard the same thing Thursday night. Friday morning, she called Evan and asked to meet him for a cup of coffee before they headed to the rink.

"I'm going to shock you with what I'm about to say," Shawna said. "But I think you need to ease up on that girl."

"WHAT?" Evan said.

"I'm serious. Ev, I've walked past her bedroom the last two nights, and she was in there crying. And she really did hurt her ankle, she's been icing it down every night. And what's this with the music? I always had a say in the music. How can you expect her to skate her best when she hates the music? She should have veto power, at least." She snorted. "I have to tell you, Ev, I hate that music."

"You don't have to skate to it," Evan laughed.

"Ev, why are you doing this? Are you trying to drive her out of the rink?"

"No, I'm trying to break her. Look, it's all an act, Shawna--and she's sucking you into it. Sooner or later, we're going to have an explosion and the Courtney we all know and loathe is going to start to try to throw her weight around. I want to break her before that happens. She needs to know who's boss."

"I think you already broke her."

Evan snorted, "I highly doubt it."


Friday's practice was more of the same. Shawna avoided Courtney at home that night. She didn't walk past Courtney's bedroom. She didn't want to hear it.

Saturday morning, Shawna walked into the kitchen and found Courtney mixing batter in a bowl. "Good morning," Courtney smiled. "Pancakes OK?"

"Great," Shawna said. "You're in a better mood this morning."

"Yeah, I don't have to go to the rink," Courtney laughed.

"Ah, Evan will ease up."

"I doubt that. Besides which, any day I don't have to skate is a good day."

Shawna looked at her. "You don't like skating?"

Courtney snorted. "Are you kidding me?"

"Then why do you do it?"

"Because it's all I know how to do. It's what I've been trained to do. Without skating, I have nothing."

"You could do something else," Shawna said.

"Like what? Do you know I've never seen the inside of a school building? I was homeschooled my whole life--and it was sparingly. Mom bamboozled the authorities about what I was learning. Trust me, it wasn't much. I'm OK with reading and stuff, but that's because I like to do that on my own. I can barely balance a checkbook, and anything like algebra is completely beyond me. What I know about history only comes from books that I've found to read. Science? Forget it. I'm completely ignorant. I have been programmed since practically birth for one thing and one thing only--figure skating. So, that's what I do. Have to put food on the table somehow."

"Why is your mother like this?"

"Damned if I know," Courtney snorted, pouring the batter into the pan. "Oh, and I taught myself how to cook, too. Anyway, my mother--she wanted to be a figure skater, but my grandparents had no money. My Mom grew up dirt-poor. When she was twenty, she got out the only way she could think of--she married a 67-year-old man who was filthy rich. My Mom was gorgeous when she was younger. He got what he wanted--a babe on his arm, and one that gave him regular sex. She got what she wanted--money. And, eventually, me--so she could program me into being the figure skater that she couldn't be. Dad died when I was four--so much the better for Mom, who now had all that money, me as her little skating puppet, and nobody to answer to."

Shawna just looked at Courtney in shock, as Courtney pulled the pancakes out of the pan and stacked them on a plate. When she had enough, she carried the plate to the table, and sat down across from Shawna.

"You must have had no childhood," Shawna said finally.

"What figure skater does? But I had less than most. I have no friends. No boyfriend. I have skating, that's it."

"And you don't particularly like skating."

"It's a job," she shrugged. "That's how I look at it."

That's when Shawna realized something--she didn't know Courtney at all. Nobody did. There was more to this girl than the heinous bitch that everyone had seen. And that's when she made a decision--to get to know her. She wanted to find out what beat at the heart of Courtney Rogers. And that surprised her--because she wasn't even sure that Courtney had a heart. Well, she hadn't been sure. Now, she rather suspected that Courtney did have a heart.


Evan made his own decision that weekend. He wasn't planning on easing up on Courtney, but he did realize he was doing something just to pick a fight that didn't need to be picked--the music. He went through his library that weekend and found a few other selections.

When Courtney got to the rink the next Monday, Evan pulled her over to the tape player. "All right, how about this?" he said, and played the new selections. They were still powerful and strong, but there was a lovely slow section in the middle, and they weren't discordant.

"I like that," Courtney smiled. "That would be fine to skate to. Thank you."

"You're welcome," Evan said, incredulous. He was absolutely stunned that she had thanked him. Because of that--almost without thinking about it--he eased up on her that day. And he was getting results, much to his amazement.

Tuesday was more of the same. Except, at one point, Courtney tripped and fell, banging her head on the boards as she went down. Evan quickly skated over. "Are you all right?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Courtney said. "Clumsy, but fine."

"Are you sure?" Shawna asked from the stands. "You're not seeing three of Evan, are you?"

"No, thank goodness, one is more than enough," Courtney quipped. Evan, surprised, couldn't help but laugh. Courtney grinned back, and then said, "Well, since you're being so solicitous, much to my amazement, would you mind helping me up?" Evan laughed louder, and helped her up.

The rest of the day went very well--but, that night, at home, Shawna had a revelation.

She met Evan early the next morning for coffee again, and she told him about it. First she told him about the conversation she had had with Courtney on Saturday.

"Damn," Evan said. "Some people should never be parents."

"Yep. And it got worse last night. Listen, you've seen what she's been like--especially this week, when you've eased up on her somewhat. She's been fairly pleasant. Relaxed, even. She's been like that with me at home, too. And then, last night, her mother called.

"Now, they got in a fight over the phone--but it was what happened before that was really spooky. I was the one that answered the phone, see, and the minute I said, 'Courtney, it's your mom, ' she changed. Her whole back went rigid. Her shoulders went rigid. Her face went from normally pleasant to a fierce scowl--she looked like she wanted to bite the phone out of my hand. And I'm not even sure she was aware she was doing it.

"She was like that the whole time she was on the phone. When she hung up, she relaxed again, and I mean visibly."

"What do you make of all this?" Evan asked. "I know you have an answer--you're the one that was a psychology major."

"Yeah, but I never finished. Hmmm, now that I'm not skating anymore, maybe I'll go back to school. Anyway, yes, I do have an answer. Courtney's angry. She's very angry--but she's angry with her mother. Unfortunately, up until very recently she was completely dependent on her mother. So she took her anger out on everyone else."

"Ah," Evan said. "So, you think that's why she hasn't taken any anger out on me, even when I pushed her--because her mother's not here?"

"Right. She's not angry with you. And she's worried that you are angry with her. And, I have to tell you, there's pieces to this puzzle I don't have yet--I know it."

"You'll figure it out," Evan said reassuringly.


On Saturday, she did. First of all, though, they got through the rest of the week of practice and it went very well. By Friday, they'd finished the first section of the free dance. They ran through it a couple of times, and it was excellent.

At home, Courtney said to Shawna, "That was fun!"

"You had fun skating?" Shawna said.

"Yeah. Unbelievable, isn't it?"

She seemed pretty upbeat for the rest of the night. On Saturday, however, things changed. Saturday morning, after breakfast, she got a call from her mother. Shawna left the room, not wanting to watch Courtney on the phone. Afterwards, Shawna walked back in the room. Courtney looked completely disconsolate.

"She's coming here," Courtney said despairingly.

"Your mother?"

"Yeah. She's going to sell the house in Madison and move here. Damn it all!"

"Can't you do anything to stop here?"

"What can I do?" Courtney asked.

"Let me think about it. And I'll talk to Evan. He's better at this sort of thing than I am. He's very analytical. If there's a way to stop this, he'll come up with it."

"OK," Courtney said. She sat there for a good long minute, staring hopelessly into space. Then, suddenly, she said, "I lost my virginity when I was 13."

"Huh?" Shawna said, startled at the change of subject.

"Yeah. With Ryan. He was 16 at the time. It was his first, too."

"Oh. I thought you were all moral and Christian and that."

Courtney snorted. "Publicity. My mother thought it would be a good idea if we positioned ourselves as the anti-Kellehers. Fat lot of good that did."

"Yeah. You were awfully young when you guys did it. He didn't force you?"

"Ryan?" she snorted. "You know Ryan Killen better than that."

"You must have really been in love with him, then--or horny," Shawna laughed.

Courtney snorted out a giggle, but then got serious. "Neither. You know, I think I fell a little bit in love with him later--but I also hated him. It's complicated. But I didn't sleep with him for any normal reason." She took a deep breath. "I slept with him because my mother had convinced me that sex is what you did to keep a man around."

"Oh," Shawna said, completely horrified but trying to hide it.

"Yeah. You know, I often think it would've been easier if Ryan had been brutal. I was sleeping with him for the most calculating and mercenary of reasons. It might have been easier if he just took his piece and rolled off of me. But you know Ryan--he's not like that. He was gentle and all that. I actually came--which was the last thing I expected. I wasn't having sex for sex--shit, I was 13. I was spreading my legs to keep him interested. And he gave me an orgasm. That's the day I started hating him. And falling in love with him. All at the same time.

"God, I'm so fucked up."

Shawna looked at her. "Courtney? Why are you telling me all this? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all, but why me?"

"Because you're the only one that ever cared to listen," Courtney said sadly.

"Oh," Shawna said. "Then you just keep talking if you need to."

Courtney shot her a grateful smile. "Anyhow, Ryan and I went on like that for a while. You know what sex was like with us? I either completely dominated him, or lied down motionless. That was because I was 'offering' myself for his sake. The first was because I hated him. But I didn't.

"You can probably imagine what that was like for him. But he never knew what was going on in my mind--and he did try. Somehow I had lumped him in with my mother. I wasn't going to trust him. And I should have.

"When he found his girlfriend, I panicked. That's why I gave him the 'her or me' ultimatum. And, in the month we were together after Jessie left, I suggested we start sleeping together again."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.