Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 17 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

The same day - Friday - Judith sees Sarah's new wardrobe [Judith]

I was startled to see Sarah in town so early. Even more startled to see she'd been shopping. I kissed her hello and she looked slightly shifty. The thought of Sarah concealing anything is a joke. I peeped at the bags and saw a posh dress shop label.

"Been stealing bags?" The other two bags had an even posher label - unaffordably posh. And this was Sarah who was never seen in anything other than jeans and had one dress and a suit she wore for interviews.

"Are these yours? And where have you been hiding this past week - I've hardly seen you." Sarah and I had been friends since the first year. She gave up any hope of concealment.

"Yep. All mine!" she said shyly, "Do want to see? I was just going back to my digs." She was bubbling with excitement. My shopping could wait.

"You bet! What's this in aid of?" She told me about helping organise the meeting and how there were two dinners to look smart for.

"But Sarah, You've got two dresses - well a dress and a suit. They've always been good enough in the past. What's new? And how on earth are you going to pay for them. How much have you spent? And helping organise the visit is way beyond the call of duty, let alone buying your own clothes. The department's got lots of hired help."

I suddenly thought of her coming into the refectory on Wednesday with Dr Whitehead. She'd always been very friendly with him - star student status - but they had seemed closer."

Time to stop chattering and keep your ears pinned back.

"No idea, well an idea. All done by monthly account. I won't know the worst till the end of June. And I was left some money. Seemed like a good idea to spend some of it."

She changed the subject. "How did your assignment go? You were pretty hopeful last week."

Gosh! That assignment had been my triumph. "Alpha plus! And a really, really nice tutorial with Dr. W. He was pleased with me. Now I know how you feel! How did you fare?"

She pulled a face. "Not marked." I felt a cold chill. "He asked me to do it again. Kind of him actually." She grinned happily at the memory of this disaster. "It was the worst thing I've ever done. I've started re-doing it."

I was horrified. "Sarah! He can't do that to you. Make you re-do a whole assignment. I mean... well it took me the whole of the three weeks. I couldn't do that again." We were climbing the stairs to Sarah's room. She opened the door and went in, carefully putting the parcels on the bed.

She turned and hugged me hard. "I'm glad about your assignment. You're going to have done well this year. Two one?"

I nodded. "Hope so. I've enjoyed this year so far. But, what went wrong with you?"

"Oh! I was a bit upset when Elizabeth died. I just lost the ability to concentrate. Better now though." Her eyes were bright.

Deep water this. Shut up and listen.

She was unpacking the bags. She unfolded a dress and removed tissue paper. I touched gingerly.

"This is beautiful. Is it original?" The label said so. She was naked now, pulling on a pair of pants. I put out a hand.

"Silk underwear? Wow!"

She shrugged. "They feel - luxurious. I could get used to silk underwear."

She was inside the dress now, turning for me to zip her up. I looked at the dress closely.

"Hey this is all silk lined - God it's fantastic" The belt was leather, broad to exaggerate her slenderness, the leather stiff vertically and supple round her waist. The buckle was faced with the same cloth as the dress. Someone had spent a lot of time over that belt. Another box, more tissue paper and she slipped her feet into a pretty pair of shoes, low heeled and slender like her feet. She spun round and the skirt swirled. She stood looking solemnly at me. This - woman, was not the Sarah I knew. Then she grinned and skipped.

"OK? This is my Saturday-night dress. At home chez Whitehead."

"Sarah! It's - a work of art. You're - beautiful! How much did it cost?"

"About £450 plus the shoes."

I took a deep breath. "Worth every penny. Hey but there's more. Come on, come on."

I unzipped her and hung the dress up for her. Even the hanger was padded and covered with the same cloth as the dress. Sarah was naked again, unpacking more bags. I picked up the peach coloured panties she'd taken off. I touched them against my face.

"Wow! I see what you mean about silk underwear. But these are just made to be taken off!"

She was grinning happily. "I spent two odd hours with Tony Glover on Wednesday. Just being turned into... well... a sex object I suppose. But it was such fun! He chose the dress. Oh! I was just the clothes hanger - but the centre of attention - the point of it all." She had put on a pair of tight, sheer pants. I touched. Silk again, so tight they concealed nothing. Then she put on the shirt and I watched amazed as she slid into the trousers. More tissue paper and she slipped the jacket over her arms and buttoned the shirt cuffs. I watched, open-mouthed. She slipped her feet into the pair of boots and stood looking sternly at me.

"Friday night." She said. She went over to the sideboard that did her as dressing table and came back with a piece of paper and two small combs. The sketch was a designer's quick likeness, but so good that it was instantly Sarah. She was subtly changed; her hair swept higher, her cheeks harder, her nose narrower. She glanced at her watch and then unfastened it.

"I'm going to have my hair done at quarter to eleven. I'm to look like that, I suppose. Tony took me to another shop on the High" She showed me the name on the bag. "I've always looked the other way before - scared to even imagine wearing clothes out of that display."

"I know." I told her, "the shop window has nose marks on the glass where poor girls like me lust after clothes without a price tag." Another deep breath. "Sarah. You've always been the course star, now you're failing your assignments and - look, seriously - have you ever realised that you're beautiful? But what's going on?"

She curtseyed and said. "Thank you." Then she suddenly bent and touched her toes. "Amazing. These trousers are so tight, yet I can bend." She peered at her bottom. "Can't see any panty line either."

"How come you're so friendly with Mr Tony Glover - apart from bankrupting yourself?" Sarah was undressing again and I helped her put the clothes on their hangers. She disappeared back into jeans and a shirt.

"Well..." hesitation, "Tony's lover is Elizabeth's youngest son, Benjamin." She looked at me and I nodded, more-or-less understanding. She went on, "and Elizabeth gave me a present." She went over the wardrobe and opened it. She peeled the cloth cover off a long dress at one end of the wardrobe, thought better of it and brought it out into the light. Its relation to the first dress was clear. The quality and general style were the same. This though was a serious party dress. It was pure silk, obviously hand printed. Sarah held it against herself. I could see she would seem taller, remoter and unattainable.

"This is my secret weapon. I'm wearing it to the end-of-term ball."

"But you never go to do's like that!" I had a sudden premonition. "Who are you going with?" She was putting the dress back in the wardrobe.

She said casually, conversationally, completely unguarded, "Robert. He wasn't going to go, but he changed his mind and asked me on Wednesday night. I've been dying for an opportunity to wear it."

"Sarah. What's going on? Are you and Dr. W having an affair?"

She looked stricken. "No! No! Well, Yes. No, it's not like... Well, Oh, No. Do you think anyone..."

"I hope you never have to lie to save your life. How can you be unsure about whether you're having an affair or not?"

That stricken look again. I sat beside her on the bed and put my arm round her.

She put her head against my shoulder. "Well, I'm still a virgin, if that's the test."

"You sound as though you wish you weren't. Tell all"

And the whole story came pouring out. She cried at first and told me fragments of the tale. She looked so small and vulnerable, I wanted to cry too. I mothered her - she seemed to appreciate it. She sniffed and restarted, telling the story coherently - and unbelievably. What had she got herself into? She looked at me expectantly.

"Is this really you, Sarah?" I was struggling.

She nodded. "Same little me. I'm finding it very difficult to cope. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. "

Me neither!

"Is this the real thing? Love. I mean... " I stopped, seeing her face.

"How would I know? But, yes, I think so. It's been like this since the first term. Oh, I thought it was just, well infatuation - I'd get over it. But it just went on. Worse the more I saw of him. And he liked me. But all hopeless because he was married. I got used to it, until, well until Elizabeth came and found me. I'd never met her you know. I avoided dinners and teas and parties at his house. It seemed dishonest - unfair to visit her while I wanted him. And I didn't want to see her - envy her. And then I did go to that one party and met her. That was a shock. I mean, I'd known she was old, so I thought - well - she'd be an old woman. I realised then that anything I'd dreamed about was silly. I couldn't have competed, even if I had wanted to. Then when we became friends, it was worse. Well worse in some ways, but at least I didn't have to feel guilty about being in love with her husband."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.