Undercover - Cover

Undercover

Copyright© 2003 by Twisterx

Chapter 1

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Two men who appear to be on the opposite sides of the law are thrown together when a cop comes looking for his cousin's shooter. If you like action and romance, you will enjoy reading this.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic   Gay   Humor  

The last thing he expected was to be woken up by a phone call at two in the morning. He had just been talking to Rickie the day before. He was so excited about his new job at the video store. Now someone had shot him.

At the hospital, his aunt and uncle came down the hall to meet him when he arrived. There were three uniformed cops waiting nearby.

"We haven't heard anything yet, Dino," his uncle said, giving him a brief hug after his aunt had kissed his cheek. "Since you're on the force, maybe you can find out something."

"I'll see what I can do, Uncle Luigi."

"The doctor hasn't told us anything about Rickie's condition," his aunt shook her head.

"I'm sure they will as soon as they can," Dino told her.

He and Rickie had been close growing up. They were only a year apart in age. Luigi was his fathers' younger brother. They had started a construction company out in LA and done very well for themselves.

A patrolman from the 34th division was making his way over to Dino now, having recognized him.

"Detective D'angelo," he said, shaking his hand. "Im Larry Edwin. Remember me?"

Dino was somewhat of a legend because he had made detective at a very young age.

"Yes, hi Larry," Dino ran a hand though his long black hair. He moved the man a little bit down the hall. "What in the hell happened to my cousin?"

"Rickie D'angelo is your cousin? Shit, sorry, I didn't make the connection right away." The officer looked apologetic.

"Ya, well there are a lot of D'angelos' in LA"

"Im sorry man. Seems like some fool ran into the video store and just started shooting. We have the suspect in custody. He's not talking."

"What about the owner of the video store?" Dino glanced over his shoulder at his aunt and uncle.

"That's just it," Larry shook his head. "He's disappeared in thin air."

"Which means he's probably involved," Dino told him. "Who is it? What's his name?"

"Ah," he checked his notebook. "A guy by the name of Vincent Delino."

"Umm," Dino said. "Sounds familiar. I've heard that name before. Was Rickie able to say anything?"

"Nothing yet," the officer snapped shut his notebook and gave Dino a perplexed look. "It wasn't a robbery because the suspect had nothing on him when we nabbed him. Seems like shooting your cousin was his main objective. Rickie have any enemies?"

"Not that I know of. He's never been in trouble," Dino shook his head. "I don't think the suspect was after Rickie."

It was almost dawn before they heard anything. Rickie was going to recover fully from his gunshot wound but it had been "touch and go" there for awhile. Dino left his aunt and uncle with a promise to check in on Rickie later that day.

Three hours later, he stood in Captain Howard's office at the 32nd precinct, downtown LA.

"Come on Captain, its as clear as the nose on your face. Vincent Delino is Gambini's Godson and the shooter is shitting bricks. His mouth is so sealed up, you'd need a crowbar to pry it open. What does that tell you?"

"And how do you know that?" The captain lifted an eyebrow.

"I..." Dino hesitated and then muttered, "happened to stop by. I mean I was in the neighborhood of the 23rd and..." Dino paused.

"Dino, you have no business going down there and interrogating THEIR suspect! Let them handle it and besides..." Captain Blackburn settled back in his seat and opened a file on his desk, "if this is mob related, then it's a New York police matter. Out of our jurisdiction."

Dino sighed. "Captain. Im sure Delino ran back to New York for protection. I know for a fact the shooting was not about robbery and so do you! What was Delino trying to cover up? Maybe it was a way to launder money from drugs. Maybe it..."

"Maybe... maybe. Listen, Im sorry about your cousin but let New York deal with the Gambini family and let the 23rd do their own investigation. Just be grateful Rickie survived and that the Gambini family is in New York. You are not going to New York City to find Delino and that's final."

Dino sighed. Fine, he thought but he wasn't just going to sit on his laurels either, not when Rickie was lying in a hospital bed. "You know, Captain..." Dino leaned on his palms across the desk.

Blackburn groaned. "Why are you still here?"

"You're right," Dino repeated.

The captain eyed him. "But?"

"No buts. I think I should take a break and let the NYPD and the 23rd handle things."

The captain looked skeptical. "And?"

"Those few weeks I have coming... you know the four weeks... I think I'll take them," Dino stood up straight.

"All Four, NOW?" The captain stood up too, putting his hands on his hips.

Dino gave him an appealing look and said, "Id be out of the way."

The captain lifted an eyebrow. "Out of the way, where?"

"I don't know," Dino mused.

Finally the captain agreed. When Dino was half way down the hall, he heard Blackburn call out, "Dino, you are on your own in New York!"

Two days later, Dino was in New York. He had rented a cheap room downtown called the "Golden Arms." Not exactly a dive but rather a "dive with clean sheets and character." Didn't matter anyway, it was just a place to sleep. He didn't know how long he would have to stick around. Interrogating the shooter back home hadn't got him anywhere. He was sure that punk had been hired by the mob but by whom and for what reason, he wasn't sure. He knew that Delino must be running scared and who better to run to, but Gambini.

After checking into the hotel, he called his aunt. She told him that Rickie was sitting up and would soon be on solid foods. The doctors expected him to go home the following week. Dino told her to say hello for him and hung up. At least he was going to be all right.

Tonight, even though he would have preferred to go to the Village and check out the hot guys at the bars, he was attending the New York Symphony. He read in "The Times" that the Gambini family had season tickets and attended every performance. They even had their own private box. After the symphony, there was going to be a fundraiser for the orchestra, hosted by Sidney Gambini at the Plaza Hotel.

He had to go to one of those rental places and get himself a Tux. He also reserved a seat at the symphony. The tickets were very expensive and he wasn't a big fan of that style of music in the first place; but if it got him answers then it was worth every cent.

The man at the Tux Rental shop stood beside Dino D'angelo and adjusted the waist band of his trousers. He couldn't help admiring how handsome he was. He was six foot four, with broad shoulders and chest and a hard well toned body. He looked incredible in the black tux with the white ruffled shirt. His long back hair was tied back with a black velvet ribbon and he had an extremely handsome face.

After the tailor had finished, Dino asked him the price of the rental. His jaw dropped when he told him. He actually winced with pain when he signed the credit card receipt.

He jumped into his rental car, a silver blue PT Cruiser and drove the streets of New York City as if he had never left them. He had seriously considered putting in for a transfer and coming back to New York. New York was in his blood. He had been born here. New York was down and dirty like he was. He had made friends on the L.A.P.D but no one he couldn't bare to leave. He was used to be alone. He worked alone, and he lived alone. His last romantic involvement was over. He had decided that a relationship was too much work. He was resigned to being alone.

After finding a parking space, Dino gave his ticket to the usher at the symphony and walked into the hall. It was just beginning to fill up. He immediately looked above him and there was Gambini with his wife and their teenage daughter sitting in their reserved box. He would know him anywhere. His picture was always in the paper. He was a very busy mobster, sitting on city boards and committees in order to pass himself off as a legitimate businessman. Dino was sure there were bodyguards around somewhere but they wouldn't do anything to him in a public place. It was time to introduce himself.

Joey Costa stood in the shadows beside another man they called "Mannie the Iron Fist." He saw the tall good looking man stride into the box and march right up to Gambini. Who ever he was, he had balls, Joey thought. It wasn't just anyone who would walk right up to Sidney Gambini unless they had a death wish.

Cautiously, Joey and Mannie moved closer to Gambini who sat beside his wife and daughter.

"Mr. Gambini," the dark haired man was saying now, bending forward with a faint smile on his face, "allow me to introduce myself," he extended a hand. "My name is Dino D'angelo. I believe we have a mutual acquaintance."

"Oh?" Gambini eyed him with suspicion. "And who would that be?"

His wife and daughter regarded Dino with interest. Dino nodded at them in turn. "Good evening, ladies. I'm sorry to disturb you. This won't take but a minute."

They both smiled back.

"Your Godson," Dino returned his attention to Sidney Gambini, "Vincent Delino. I believe he has something to do with getting a member of my family shot in Los Angeles recently."

Gambini cleared his throat and pulled at his tie. "Who is this man?" He looked around nervously as Joey and Mannie stepped forward into the light.

"Oh, hello boys," Dino smiled at them both sweetly then turned to Gambini again, "Ah, how nice. You brought your errand boys. Do you have to wind them up or do they run on batteries?"

Gambinni Scowled.

"Now, back to the topic at hand. I want to know where Delino is and..."

"Boys, " Gambini growled, turning to look at the two men standing at his shoulder. "I believe my conversation with this gentleman is about to end."

The two ladies looked at little frightened.

"Ah, that's too bad. Im so disappointed," Dino shook his dark head slowly. " and just when we were really getting to know each other. "

Gambini sighed in frustration. "I don't know any Vincent Delino... and I don't appreciate your brand of humor so if you... Mr... ah..."

"Sargent," Dino's smile faded, "Its Sargent D'angelo."

Just then Joey moved forward to put a hand on his forearm.

Dino gave him a cool smile.

"I think," Joey said, "Mr. Gambini would like you to leave."

"Ah," Dino backed up, his eyes on Joey's extended hand. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. I don't like people touching me, unless I give them a personal invitation."

Joey's eyes widened and then he slowly let his eyes trail over him. He smiled at him and let his hand drop to his side. "And ah... how does one go about getting invited?" He drawled.

Dino lifted an eyebrow, a little surprised that this man would flirt with him right out in the open like that. "It's a very exclusive list," he replied, thinking it was too bad a good looking young guy like that was mixed up with the likes of Gambini.

Joey sighed. "I see. Too bad."

"Get him out of here boys," Gambini hissed. "NOW!"

Dino threw up his hands with a laugh and said, "Well, I see I've overstayed my welcome. No need for an escort. Don't worry though we will have other opportunities to bond," he glanced at Gambini then bowed slightly to his wife and daughter. "Enjoy the concert ladies."

His daughter giggled a little. "He's a doll," she whispered.

Gambini gave his daughter an impatient look, then he eyed Dino. "I don't think we will have other opportunities, Sargent."

Dino sobered as he gave Gambini a look over his shoulder. "I know Delino ran back here to you for protection and I also know that he's involved somehow with that shooting. That means we WILL see each other again."

"I don't even know who you're talking about," Gambini replied stiffly. "Now, if you don't mind, the curtain is about to rise."

"Don't let me hold you up any longer, no pun intended," he smiled and left the box.

Gambini looked at Joey. "Find out what precinct he works for and don't let him out of your sight," he said. "I want to know his every move."

Joey nodded, thinking what a pleasure that would be. He was damn easy to look at. Joey watched as he took his seat directly below them. A cop from LA, a smart one too. He suspected Delino had been involved in something back in Los Angeles. Recently, he had come running to Gambini like a scared rabbit in the middle of the night. Now he knew why. It was too bad he couldn't help this cop but he would just have to lay back and let things play out.

Joey Costa was twenty years old and he had came to work for one of New York's most infamous mobsters almost by accident. Sometimes he feared he wouldn't make it out of this job alive. He had just barely joined the police force when he had been asked to "disappear". It was highly unusual. He didn't have the training. He didn't have the gold shield. Since Gambinni kept files on almost all the cops in New York, they needed a novice, a cop that Gambini couldn't possibly recognize. Joey hadn't been on the force long enough for the Gambini family to know about him. So they had picked him out of a list of new patrolmen, just like that. If he succeeded, he was on a fast track to making detective, if he failed... well... he was dead. He couldn't tell anyone who he really was. Even if he could get the goods on Gambinni, it was doubtful he would stay alive long enough to testify. He kept hoping they would pull him out but it would be a year on Sunday and he was still here. He hadn't seen his parents or his friends since he had started this job. And then when he met someone, like this gorgeous cop for example, it made it even harder. He couldn't tell this guy he was undercover even though he knew he wouldn't rat him out. Those were the rules. You told no one. In fact, there were only two people who knew, his Captain and an FBI agent. That was it.

This cop was gorgeous but he would never be interested in him. No cop would become involved with a mobster unless he was undercover. When you did this job, your real life was on hold, no matter who crossed your path.

When the concert ended, Gambini reached out and grabbed his arm. "Remember what I told you Joey. Follow him into the can if you have to but don't let that cop out of your sight."

Joey nodded. "What did you say his last name was, boss?"

"D'angelo, Sargent D'angelo," he said.

Joey nodded, his eyes widening a little. He knew him. "Don't worry, boss. I got it under control," Joey said, ducking out of the box to make his way down stairs.

Dino D'angelo was a legend, a Native New Yorker who worked as an undercover street cop for the L.A.P.D. Everyone knew who D'angelo was. He had heard about some of his cases at the academy. So that was THE Dino D'angelo. He knew he was young but he had no idea how good looking he was.

Joey watched the people as they made their way down the huge spiral staircase towards the exits. He had to be coming down this way sometime. He couldn't of missed him. He waited. Joey swore under his breath. Where in the fuck did he go? When no one else came down the stairs, he realized that he had given him the slip. You bugger, he muttered, making his way out to the parking lot. He couldn't lose that cop. Gambini would be livid if D'angelo showed up at the plaza without him.

Joey ran over to his car and turned off the alarm. He jumped into the driver's seat and jammed his key in the ignition. He was just about to careen out of the parking lot when a blue PT cruiser pulled right in front of him, narrowly missing his bumper.

Poking his head out of the window, Dino D'angelo grinned at him, "Looking for me?"

Joey swore under his breath. "No... I... hey, Gambini said for me to keep an eye on you and that's what Im going do so... so, just get going."

"Two eyes are better then one kid," Dino told him, "and actually with me you just might need four, two in the back of your head. See Ya," He added.

Joey was just about to put his foot on the gas when he looked up to see a 47 special staring right at him.

"Bye," he said sweetly and squeezed off two bullets, both into his front tire. It instantly deflated down to the rim.

As Joey let out a howl of rage and punched the steering wheel, Dino pulled out of the parking lot with his middle finger extended out the driver's window.

Joey sat back in his seat and then after a few seconds, he started to laugh. Great. Not only did he finally get to meet the hero cop that he'd heard so much about, he got to be his adversary. The last thing he needed was to go up against Dino D'angelo, super cop.

He got on his cell and called one of Gambini's boys. "Joey Carosa here, I'm in the parking lot, west side of the New York Symphony, get someone over here to take me to the Plaza Hotel pronto. And bring someone to fix my tire."

He hung up and got out of his car. Five minutes later, Carlos picked him up. "What happened to your tire?" He said in his New Jersey Italian voice. "What cha doing out here in the parking lot?"

"Im supposed to be following this nosy cop from LA and the bastard blew out my tire."

Carlos laughed. "Why didn't you pop him?"

Joey grinned. "The boss wouldn't have liked that. Too public and he's a cop, Carlos. You want the entire LAPD on our backs?"

"What's he doing here... this copper from the Coast?"

"Looking for Vinnie."

Carlos nodded as he pulled up in front of the Plaza. "See ya, Joe," He called out and drove off as Joey rushed into the lobby of the Hotel. Speeches were already on the way. Joey craned his neck. Where in the hell was that cop?

Dino saw the guy Gambini had following him standing near the entrance now. He was looking around frantically. Dino laughed a little, folding his arms and trying to concentrate on what some big shot was saying about the need to fund the arts. Gambini sat up front near the podium looking like a respectable patron of the Arts.

Joey moved through the crowd, still looking.

Dino lifted his hand and waved at him.

Joey snarled and then pushed forward but when he got to where Dino had been standing, he was gone. He was playing with him. Joey stood still for a moment, looking around. Then he saw him further back, standing near a woman with a big hat. Again he waved at him, giving him a big grin.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.