Fogbound Encounter
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2003 by Katzmarek

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 7 - The time, March 1918, the place, the middle of the North sea. Sitting becalmed in the middle of a fogbank Eliza Simpson, just 18, doesn't know who might drop by.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Historical   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

Eliza sat on the cot in the spare room at the Smyth's cottage. It hadn't taken her long to pack, she'd arrived with very little.

She realised she had no idea how the trains ran so she decided to wait for Mrs. Smyth. She had to thank her for their hospitality anyway.

At last the door to the stone cottage swung back and a puffing Mrs. Smyth arrived home. Eliza came out into the sitting room.

"Alright my dear," Mrs. Smyth said to Eliza, "what happened between you two. Your Kimi looks like he's just lost his favourite sheltie and he's swallowed his tongue. He really puts on a good sulk, doesn't he?"

"I... I can't talk about it," Eliza said, "I'm leaving and..."

"Aye, well it won't be today. There's only one train and it leaves at midday."

"Well, I'll leave tomorrow, then."

"Hadn't you'd better say goodbye to your little mechanic?"

"No... I never want to see him again."

"I see! You sit down, girl. I'll fix you a little toddy. It looks to me like you need a pick-me-up."

Mrs. Smyth went out to the kitchen and put some fresh milk on the stove. From a cupboard she took a clay jar and uncorked it. She took one sniff from it and poured a generous portion into the milk.

When the milk had heated she brought out a cup of the mixture for Eliza.

"It's sweet," commented Eliza, " and... oh... it's certainly warms you up. What's in it?"

"Just a drop of mead. It'll calm you down."

Mrs. Smyth's honey mead was rumoured, locally to have kept Jimmy Lauchlan's Beardmore motorcycle running for days during a petrol shortage. Consequently within half an hour Eliza began to feel very relaxed indeed.

Some time later, she was dimly aware of voices. Somehow she was lying on a sofa with a rug over her, however she was having difficulty taking in her surroundings or making sense of anything.

"An excess of ardour I gather," said the man.

"Aye, she told me everything after the second toddy," said the woman.

"Well, you can hardly blame the boy. He's thought of nothing else for 9 months."

"That's no excuse! You need to knock some sense into the lad."

"Aye. How much of that mead did you give her? She looks like she's been hit with a cobble."

"A little too much, I fear. The English obviously can't hold a little liquor."

"Well, we'll have to put a bit of meat on her bones. Especially if you're going to dose her with your medicinals again."

"It was only for the melancholy's."

"Aye, well, I'm feeling a little melancholy myself. Would you have any left in the jar?"

On the 11th hour of the 11th month of 1918, representatives of the Allies signed the armistice with representatives of the German government. The news was telegraphed around the world. It arrived at Galston the next day.

Nothing much changed at the camp. It would be many months before repatriation could be arranged, however fraternising rules were immediately relaxed.

Although officially prisoners were not permitted to leave the camp without permission, in reality there was increased coming and going. Afterall there was nowhere for the prisoners to go, anyhow.

Eliza heard the news when she woke the next morning. Actually it was midday when she emerged from her cot in the spare room. Her packed bag lay discarded in the corner. She winced at the glaring sunlight.

"Eliza love, you're looking poorly," said Mrs. Smyth, " would you care for some crispy bacon?"

"No, no!" Eliza replied, " I need a glass of water."

"You wouldn't have heard the news. The armistice has been signed, we're at peace at last."

It took awhile for Eliza to absorb the news. Outside the villages and soldiers were already hanging red, white and blue buntings in preparation for a village party. The tavern was full of people and a lone piper was walking up and down the street playing pibroch.

The whole atmosphere, though was sombre. Too many people had lost loved ones and had suffered so much. In any case, everyone knew it was coming so it was a bit of an anti-climax. It would take a dram or two for the party to start.

Mrs. Smyth gave Eliza a cup of her 'hair of the dog'. Eliza could taste Worcestershire sauce but little else. She was encouraged to knock it back 'without blinking.'

Jock Smyth staggered in about mid-afternoon. His red face and loud voice indicated a detour at the tavern.

"Jean, Eliza! I think it's time for that bottle of malt," he announced, "there's many that aren't coming home."

"I think you've done a bit of toasting already," said his wife, " I think we'd better leave it until Eliza's feeling a wee bit better. What's going to happen with the Germans?"

"They stay where they are until we receive orders. I expect their people will come and get them when they're ready. They're forming a Repatriation Commission, but I'll doubt they'll be too quick about it. It's only an armistice, you see" Jock Smyth explained, "I understand they're going to meet in France sometime next year to sign the peace treaty."

"Let's hope they don't take too long about it."

"Aye, well. The French will drive a hard bargain. Of that you can be sure."

That night, there was a reduced guard at the camp. Only two in fact, and they were not happy. A simple church service was held in remembrance of the dead and anyone with any uniform left put it on. Kimi pulled out his cap, still with the legend, 'S.M.K.L.D' in faded gold lettering. He tacked on his tattered airship badge onto his Government Issue POW jacket.

A U-boat man by the name of Obergefreiter Herman Schoemann produced a German Naval Ensign from somewhere and sometime during the night it miraculously replaced the Union Flag on the camp flagpole. It remained up there for two days until ordered taken down by Colonel Monroe. Otherwise the Germans were left alone while the victorious allies celebrated.

Jock Smyth came into the camp the next day. He sat next to a dejected Kimi sitting on the steps of his barracks.

"I hear you're a very passionate man, young Kimi," he said.

Blushing, Kimi replied,

"She told you?"

"Aye, at least she told Mrs. Smyth. You made her very unhappy."

"When did she go?" Kimi asked.

"Who told you she left?"

"Y'mean... she's still here?" Kimi said, getting up.

"Sit down! I think you and me need a little chat about your future."

Jock began by giving his paternal advice on how to 'treat a lady'.

"There's nothing wrong with a bit of fire in the belly," he told him, "but, for crying out loud, have you never courted a lass, Kimi?"

Kimi hung his head.

"Aye, well, there's a few things you need to learn, my boy."

Jock also told him about his visit with Colonel Monroe.

"The Colonel will have to see General Archibald himself, but I understand the General owes a few favours to old Andy. Something going back to Alexandria in 1882 when they were both posted there to protect the Khedive. You know it's a very immoral place for foreigners, Egypt" the WO told him, smiling.

The next day, Kimi made his familiar way from the camp to the village. This time, however he was on a different assignment.

As he approached the Smyth's stone cottage with apprehension. Jock appeared at the door and directed him down the path to the back. Mrs. Smyth and Eliza were hanging out washing.

"Why don't you two go for a walk," said Mrs. Smyth casually, "Eliza, you can show him the cottage."

Head down, Eliza walked up to Kimi and wordlessly they set off up the path.

"Eliza," Kimi said, breaking the silence, "I'm sorry for... for..."

"I'm sorry too," Eliza replied in a small voice.

Kimi held out his hand and with a shy smile, Eliza accepted it. Together they strolled towards the village.

"Where are we going?" Kimi asked.

"For a walk... somewhere," Eliza answered cryptically.

"Oh."

After a while they came to a stone cottage, not unlike the Smyth's. The front yard was overgrown and Kimi thought it hadn't been lived in for some time. Eliza pulled Kimi towards the gate and opened it.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

"Sure," said Kimi puzzled.

"Really?"

"Yes, really," Kimi replied, still puzzled.

"Would you like to live here?" Eliza asked.

"I don't know," he replied, "I haven't seen the inside."

"I'll show you. I have the key."

The entrance opened out into a sitting room. It was simply furnished with a settee and two rocking chairs, a polished mahogany bureau was against one wall. The place had been recently cleaned and dusted, Kimi noted.

Kimi's eye was drawn to a landscape painting set above the hearth. The scene was familiar but he couldn't quite place it.

"Do you like the picture?" Eliza asked.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.