Castaway: Promise Keeper - Cover

Castaway: Promise Keeper

Copyright© 2017 by Feral Lady

Chapter 6

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Von Solon Saga's 4th story, which only makes sense if you have read the prior stories. This tale takes place in Juniper Hills the settlement that our hero established. Here he is creating a culture of creativity and social advancement. However, he has promises to keep and women to keep happy. It is a lot of work to balance work and wives. How is he going to do that?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Mult   Fiction   Science Fiction   Space   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Body Modification  

“Why did I do it? Von Solon was worthy. Indeed, he internalized the cultural attitudes of Haven and gathered women desiring a strong protector. Once he started the process of gathering female resources, I helped out with medical nanomite technology. It was not only because my programming dictated protecting him; I enhanced Von because he had valuable traits of intelligence, bravery, flexibility, and a dedication to our children. His loyalty and self-sacrifice for his family was noble.”

-Inside the mind of a Polygamous A.I. (Discovery Channel feature film)


A gust of wind made the strands of Swarta’s hair fly. Recently cleaned wet sheets hung on a line and fluttered at each gust of sea air. In fact, the mid-morning sun felt warm on my skin. The tower maids around us agreed with me, they wore only a simple skirt and sandals; the women enjoyed the warm sun on their naked torsos. Swarta’s sheer cotton shirt and shorts didn’t hide much either, allowing her to enjoy the breeze, too. My bare chest and simple pair of pants mirrored their relaxed attitude and appreciation for the sun’s rays.

“Summer has passed and decay will set in soon,” Swarta commented, deflecting my earlier question about the mood of the women around us.

“That’s all you have to say?” I asked. “About yesterday...”

“The boulder dropping still troubles some of the newer residents. Nevertheless, the ordinary and mundane trials of life have pushed it aside. Juniper Hills was calm before and it is calm again.”

She was right of course, once the word spread around town that magic was the source of the serpent eggs people turned back to their routines. I had expected another day of excitement but the change in weather was on our citizen’s lips more than magic. The cold front was shoved aside by a warmer weather pattern from the south, giving relief from all the rain and the uncomfortable temperatures. Washing sheets and airing out cabins were among the first signs that Juniper Hill had returned to normal.

“It surprises me how fast our people forget such things after only a day,” I continued.

“Oh no, they haven’t forgotten. They trust you and now know not to be afraid of the piles of rocks that are emerging on the seashore. I will tell you that the new temple acolytes are most impressed with you.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Some of the older residents have explained to them that Moon Mother’s magic is fueled by your love-making.”

“Not that again,” I groaned out.

“Hazel told me they are offering to help you move rocks,” Swarta answered with half a smirk. “They are a willing fuel source.”

I rolled my eyes at her.

She laughed and shoved me. “They transferred here because of you. At least invite them to visit the Women’s Center.”

“You haven’t?”

“I’m leaving them totally up to your care. Temple women answer to the lord of the manor not his wives,” Swarta said, half-laughing at me. “Derwen and Laudus have educated me well on the subject. Until a temple is built and blessed with a few rituals involving you, they are expected to stay apart from your household unless escorted by you.”

“One more thing for me to worry about. I’ll see you later,” I declared, kissing Swarta on the lips.

She patted my butt before I’d taken a stride away from her. “At least let them give you a massage this morning. Merritt sort of promised them you’d visit.”

“I’m going to have a word with Merritt,” I shouted over my shoulder. There was no need to look back to know all the maids were laughing.

Rounding a corner of the building, I ran into a young girl who was half my height. She almost flew into the stronghold but I instinctively grabbed her free hand with mine. The little town crier’s body snapped back to me in full force. I’d saved her from a nasty fall but she rebounded into me. In a daze, she clutched at me to stay on her feet. We apologized to each other and collected our wits.

“The golems were a sight to see. As if by magic, their carts of crushed rock spread gravel on the dirt road. I have to tell Mother!” With that she darted away. Her tender enthusiasm stole my heart.

The ruggedness of our lower-town’s roads had created some difficulties for our pony-driven wagons. However, with the cargo haulers and the right tools, we had fixed that problem. Early this morning we let loose the machines to complete the latest stretch of the dirt road. “I guess it’s done,” I said with a half laugh.

How vividly I remembered my own excitement at running to my mother with similar news of my adventures. Whether it was a collection of sea shells or my latest favorite rock, my mother displayed surprise and wonderment. Seeing the same excitement among children in Juniper Hills, I couldn’t help but smile and think of my mother. It was a sad happiness, knowing her love, sure I’d never see her again. But of all the places I’d traveled, none captivated and charmed me as much as Haven. Having my own family, soul-bound me here.

I took leave of my daydreaming when I found my walk ended at Lovers’ Rock. It had become my favorite place to disappear to when I needed a place to be alone. The clean pine-needle scent of the small clearing and its isolation fit my mood. Aberdeen was back with Tharin, so we didn’t take walks together anymore. The pine tree cover that hid the rock outcrop from view of the beach had been trimmed. The scars on the tree trunks marked the missing limbs. Before this, we had to lie down to view the distant beach; now the view was greatly expanded up to my height. It was an improvement as far as I was concerned.

Sitting on the rock, I let my responsibilities disappear while watching seabirds skim the crests of waves and fishing boats dance on the swells. The serene view of the bright green water touching the shore was calming. The sun bathed the sand dunes with hot rays that covered the land with a shimmering haze. Only chirping birds disturbed the tranquility of the setting. Indeed, watching the clear sea soaked my mind in peace.

My good mood helped me enjoy the pristine wilderness view, which was a mixture of pine, ash and juniper trees. The foliage on some of the ash trees had changed, with leaves turning yellow. They were some of the first trees to change color in the fall. I dangled my legs off the rock outcropping for an hour, pondering all the things going on in our lives. I must confess being alone at times helped to recharge my emotional batteries.

After Lovers’ Rock, I buckled down, visiting the shipyard and checking on the barge dock. With the arrival of new people from Convey, vetted by Derwen, I made new acquaintances. I wouldn’t consider them residents until they properly settled in lower-town. Most guest workers never left; however, Derwen’s offer for a free return passage was still available until they took a knee to my authority and pledged their fidelity. With everything in order at the dock, I hastened to visit Coven’s office, which was part way up the hill. Because he was mayor of lower-town, we thought it proper to build him a dedicated municipal building. We had used a new roofing material, so I wanted to double-check on it after the heavy rains. The building wasn’t officially open yet, so it was doubtful anyone had checked on it.

The office building was functional, not pretty, built from brick, stone and lumber—a rushed job with materials that were on hand. In fact, it was a one-story structure with only three rooms: an office, a cozy conference room and a waiting area that couldn’t fit more than ten people.

I arrived to find the door locked. “That is strange,” I mumbled, trying the latch on the heavy door again. Then I remembered Coven had the key.

“My mother sent me to find you, Lord Solon,” a familiar young voice said from behind me.

“Hello, Brook,” I answered, looking at Hazel’s daughter over my shoulder. Her shapely body glistened from her exertions. The innocent excitement on her face spelled good news, not bad.

When I turned Brook closed the distance to me quickly, boldly taking a hold of my hand. “There is important news. You must hear it quickly, Milord. I’ve run the entire town to find you first.” The hem of her green dress settled on the ground. “We must go.”

Her excited brown eyes beamed the importance of her message. Brook bounced from one foot to the other as if she was about to pee herself. I pursed my lips together thinking about all the things that were on my do-list for today.

Before I could ask, she put a finger to my lips. “I can’t tell you why you are needed. I promised your wife.”

“Which wife?”

She kissed me. It was a hungry kiss, all innocence was lost from her expression. She silenced me; I let her, more because I enjoyed her young lips and appreciated her newly found aggression. I was a sucker for an eager set of lips.

The fleeting kiss from her mouth left a promise for more kisses later. We both knew Swarta had added her to the “approved” list of my partners. Hazel was eager to have her daughter’s status changed to wife, too, just like her eldest daughter, Celine.

“Fine, let us go to the family tower,” I declared unyieldingly.

I guided us through Coven’s stone enclosed backyard, under an arched gate, and out to a path that took us up the slope of the hill. We paused nowhere in town, not even for friends who hailed us. I dragged her behind me as fast as we could go with my shorter strides. We passed a small well where a boy drew water with a bucket. He was too busy to take any real notice of us. On the narrow, disused dirt path the leafy plants hid many of the strongholds built on the hill but we could hear our neighbors working. We climbed the hill to the point where our small trail joined a major footpath. Our walk felt like an eternity, the suspense was killing me. It was good news, since she laughed and giggled through all my questions and guesses.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.