Hairy Roadtrip - Cover

Hairy Roadtrip

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 19

So ... we danced.

First I danced Roz out to the Townwagon, opened the wayback double doors, picked her up and stuffed her in. I let her find her own way to the seating ... but I made sure she was seated before I went back to the restaurant and picked the next size.

“One Two Three, One Two Three, One Two Three,” I counted aloud and waltzed Rachel out to the Dodge. In the back and shut the door.

Next, I hummed The Beerbarrel Polka in Amy’s ear and polka-ed out. I picked her and said, “Open the front door, Amy.” She did. I pulled the front seat forward and let her step to the second row seating. When she was comfortable I went back to the Inn.

“That is Sooo romantic,” Wendy said. We jitterbugged out. I flung her into the frontseat, slammed the door and did handsprings and a slide across the front hood ... I missed the standup fender blinkers ... that would have hurt.

“Seat Belts,” I hollered. “This here bus doesn’t start without ‘em.”

Even of you know how ... you can’t get from Story to Wolf Creek by car going the back way. However ... four wheel drive and a Townwagon a grown man can sit under and work on the transmission or rear diff? You bet. Simply turn right on to 34o ... follow it until it turns to County 2 and cross the crick.

Angle north west and keep skirting the crick ... and some times in it ... to the big meadow follow your chosen star or the setting sun until you run into a northish running road. Head north, skirt the irrigation circle and mosey your way to 335 outside Big Horn. Hook up with County 87 ... Beaver Creek Road ... and follow it. Out in the big middle of nowhere it becomes Beckton Road ... but it’s still 87. Goose Creek ... turn left on 331 right at Beckton that’s 89. Follow it to 74 turn right ... left on Wolf Creek and you’re home. The road stops back at the end of County 2 ... that’s where low range and creeper come in. The end of 2 was where the girls started screaming.

When they realized the water wasn’t deep enough to come in the cab Roz said, “Wendy ... did you know you married a crazy man?”

“No ... I didn’t.”

“You should have enquired before you tricked him,” Rachel said.

Amy piped up, “He flew me to Kansas and all over southern Colorado before he had his license. He did touch and goes at every airfield and ranch strip ... while I was asleep.”

Rachel said, “He asked me to arrange a flight out of Denver “to someplace interesting” ... someplace I’d like to go ... but it had to be in the US or possessions because he didn’t have a passport.”

Both Roz and Amy said, “He did that and you didn’t tell us?!?”

“You brought him HOME?!” said Roz.

“He bought me a CAR!” Rachel said. “Of Course I brought him home.”

“Girls ... I’m right here.”

“Shut up, David. You’re driving.”

When we got home ... well ... I’l just say this. The skunk family is a lot more friendly.

And I didn’t get to go to the Oasis.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.